Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2021 8:00 AM

Nov 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Miya's meeting with Hori's mother, they're getting along very well! ^^
Hori is stalking on Miya to know his name, she could just have stolen his ID (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I really love this anime a lot, it looks beautiful and the characters are so funny!
The colors are also very good 💖
😻😹😽
Jan 16, 2021 8:11 AM
Aug 2020
I think, this might be my favourite romance anime of the season...I really like the Hori and Izumi friend-zone type relationship...And also I think this episode is kinda the quite before the storm like you can feel some shit's about to go down and considering the development with the Student Council president...I think some real huge plot twist or drama is about to happen...
Adimax_ThomasJan 17, 2021 2:02 AM
Jan 16, 2021 8:16 AM
Aug 2019
Adimax_Thomas said:
I think, this might be my favourite romance anime of the season...

did you watch this episode raw? It is not out on streaming services right?
Jan 16, 2021 8:33 AM

Jul 2017
Hori's mum has finally arrived, and causing an awkward scene for her to forget Miyamura's first name. So, what better way than to invite the guy himself to your house for a formal introduction...but without the main girl herself. Easy for the guy but difficult for the girl to remember, and already on a first-name honorific? That's some sweet rom-com there.

Didn't expect the Student Council to show up this soon, with President Kakeru Sengoku, his girlfriend Remi Ayasaka, and secretary Sakura. Letting Hori bear the SC's work is just being a panda too soon, and all responsibility going to her seems like a threat. But man, DID Miyamura handled Sengoku with a headbutt in the classical comedy style and resolved the situation. Pretty interesting relationship between Sengoku and Hori, always in rivalry. But Sengoku has another mortal enemy: Miyamura. +1 for friendly enemies!

Hori's birthday? Ishikawa planning with Miyamura, but what's scary is the table tennis relay...and Souta's concern, is really concerning though. The love is there, just not honest to the point yet.

Let this relationship grow fonder as the cast grows into their 3rd Year of school.
KANLen09Jan 17, 2021 2:25 AM
Jan 16, 2021 8:33 AM

Jul 2019
BlackKiddo said:
Adimax_Thomas said:

same. nothing on Funi for me. CR doesn't stream Horimiya too. Unless there is some other service.
Jan 16, 2021 9:02 AM

Mar 2019
Hori-san's mother is cool as well, I like her as a person.

Once again it can be confirmed that Hori is wife material, she is even hearing Anisongs. Miyamura is also a good guy, he protecc her in that situation like a real guy.

Not gonna lie Remi is cute. She is like Chaos-sensei from Comic girls

ABABABA:

Jan 16, 2021 9:10 AM

Apr 2010
The mother was nice and friendly.
And the naming issue was funny she had such a hard time asking that question.

As for the student council and the problems that the girl made where a bit strange, still things where solved which was a good thing.
And the characters could show that they can help out which was nice.
Jan 16, 2021 9:10 AM

Oct 2017
Hori's mom is beautiful and quite amusing too.

Making Hori do so much work and then pinning all the blame on her when it wasn't even her fault to begin with is just plain rude and dumb. Thou atta boy Miyamura, you did a great job. Sengoku and Remi was pissing me off.
Jan 16, 2021 9:14 AM
Dec 2019
BlackKiddo said:
Adimax_Thomas said:

I’m confused as well - episode didn’t air till 12. I looked on multiple sources
Jan 16, 2021 9:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hori really wanted to know Miyamura's name...well it's Izumi.
And that headbutt xD I didn't expect to learn that Hori used to bully Sengoku.
And nice it was Hori's birthday, seems like she got the present she wanted from Miyamura.
Jan 16, 2021 9:32 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again, they really are nailing this adaptation. The pacing seems really nice but I'm not sure how many chapters they are covering per episode.

The soundtrack is fantastic especially in the scene where Miyamura walks upto the student council with the budget report. I love how both Sengoku and Sakura got mad at Remi after that. xD

Hori-san trying to figure out Miyamura's first name was cute, not to mention that everytime she gets embarrassed, it's even cuter. She also totally destroyed Sengoku when they were younger though, poor guy, traumatized by Hori first and now Miyamura.
Hori's Mom is great too, who's voicing her? It almost sounds like Tomatsu Haruka is voicing her too but in the ara-ara way xD

I'm probably gonna go reread the manga cause the anime is kinda making me itch for more.
Jan 16, 2021 9:38 AM

Aug 2017
So far this anime has been fantastic to me, really tempting to read the manga..

Miyamura did a great job there helping Hori-san out, he is such a good mc.

And Hori's mom is cute.
Jan 16, 2021 9:38 AM
Dec 2019
You'll have to forgive me if you're a fanatic for romance anime. I'm not and it made this episode a little tedious to get though. Overall the characters seem pretty weak; I've got no reason to fall in love with them. I do like Miyamura but that's about it.

The first episode was very good - this one was fine. Overall the anime sits at a 7 for me.

I was rally hoping Miyamura would swing on that one dude... but just a headbutt... sad :( I can see that it was a big character moment for him but it just didn't feel big enough.

My one hope for this series is that it spends some time on the characters individually, or at least fleshes them out a little bit more. One can hope.

Keep it up Horimiya!
Jan 16, 2021 9:40 AM
Aug 2020
Poor Hori-san 😅 Never knew finding out someone’s name could be so difficult
Jan 16, 2021 9:43 AM
Sep 2015
I love the reaction of highschool boys watching table tennis that went on and on and on...
Jan 16, 2021 9:43 AM

Jun 2020
Another cute episode! Making me smile :)

Yuki’s expression was so cute when she asked about Hori peeping at the boys. She’s even cuter than in the manga!

Kaichou, Sakura, Remi are here too! Nobu sounding so refined~~~~ I hope they animate Sengoku & Remi’s backstory, they are a cute & sweet couple too♡

That sad piano bgm when Hori & Souta were talking about when Miyamura would stop coming over was so good! I hope they will include Ishikawa’s weird dreams in the after-credits or something!!!! They just have to.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 16, 2021 9:44 AM

Jul 2017
The show continues to feel a bit all over the place, not really introducing characters in good enough ways kind of like being dropped in the middle of the story. Although the directing this time wasn't as glaring poor as before along with the pacing since I did feel like the little arc with Hori trying to figure out Miyamura's name was nicely handled along with the fact that he met her mother, the pacing still feels a bit too fast and the lack of memorable character introductions beyond Hori and Miyamura doesn't help one bit. The only other supporting character who I can say has been solid so far is Souta, the rest barely have much to remember about them 2 episodes in at least. I enjoyed this more than the previous episode and wasn't bored, but there are a ton of parts that still make the anime experience feel a bit awkward and disconnected as a whole.
Jan 16, 2021 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Hori's mother was really funny. She's really beautiful though.

A great way for Miyamura to solve that issue with the student council. They could have solved it in private but they just had to do it in public. Not a good first impression.

Jan 16, 2021 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Absolutely loving this anime. Loved the scene between Miyamura and Hori's mother. Go Miyamura standing up for Hori. Loved that head butt he done to the student council prez haha. Aww and happy birthday to Hori :)
Jan 16, 2021 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
Another great adaptation episode, I really like how they put the soundtracks, at appropriate and suited moments.

Hori Mama is one of the best character of the series, she always make the situations funny and fresh, also including teasing Hori.
Calling each other with their first time is too soon for them at this point yep, especially for Hori-san.

Ah this moment with Sengoku and co, I remember being pissed at this when reading the manga, Remi being a big klutz didn't help. Very glad that Miyamura takes action there. Sengoku and Remi aren't actually evilish characters. Old Hori is actually the one hahaha.

And yeah we always asked ourself, if our time with that one beloved person will ever came to an end, we felt like it's unavoidable and we are afraid if it will happen so soon. But no worries, you 2 won't be apart that easily, with this kind of chemistry. Miyamura understands Hori the most, she is as clear as water to him. They will together keep bringing joy to us by being such cute couple.

Jan 16, 2021 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
Good boy Izumi. Very good. I love this show, something to look forward to after dinner on the weekend.
Jan 16, 2021 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
ngl I'm a bit disappointed with CW with this ep, especially considering the quality of all their other adaptations they've done so far. A lot of the flow felt really clunky and lots of dragged out pauses. At least the art more or less is still dope.

But the actual contents of the episode itself were still great as always. Have to say the VA's for the student council and Hori's mom were spot on (and given how hori's dad is voiced by OnoD I expect the same). And finally the underrated Sengoku makes an appearance, poor lad.

Now all that's left is just 2 more character's of focus left to be introduced (which will come much later) and all the main cast is there :P
Jan 16, 2021 9:59 AM

Sep 2019
Another great episode.

Firstly, I have to point out once again that this OP is fucking amazing. Hori's mom is so cute and it looks like she loves her children. Souta's knows Hori's feelings better than her lol. The student council was blaming Hori for the lost papers but Miyamura stopped it with a headbutt. What Remi did here was bad but she's really cute, just like everyone else.
Jan 16, 2021 10:02 AM

Jul 2019
that was a good episode, still kinda overrated.

that headbutt tho. damn, Miyamaru did not have it.
Jan 16, 2021 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Miyamura is very kind and cool guy as always. I love his thought and voice (Kouki Uchiyama did great job for him!).
Hori also very cute in various ways. I'm loving this adaptation so far. Keep it up, Cloverworks.
Jan 16, 2021 10:07 AM
Sep 2019
Great episode, though they seemed to skip the school trip chapter and when miyamura is sick. I suppose they could put it in the anime somewhere else but I find it highly unlikely. Other than that it was a good episode.
Jan 16, 2021 10:07 AM

Feb 2019
I just feel like I'm already out of anything much to say about anime I think this is where this show and I part ways. It is also quite boring.
I will say that the second segment was pretty awful on almost every level though. It not only combined introducing a character purely through exposition, but also had that same "and then everyone on the bus clapped" bullying scene I'm tired of this trope. The shortness of the segment made it a pretty direct line between "exposition about girl," "bump into girl," "bullying due to girl's mistake revealed and everybody claps." It stands out all the worse between segments about forgetting his name and a particularly abbreviated and braindless one about birthdays.
Jan 16, 2021 10:08 AM

Jun 2019
Man, I love how Miyamura came to Hori's rescue and Headbutted Prez. Also, the birthday present part was really sweet.
Jan 16, 2021 10:21 AM

Nov 2010
Really enjoying this adaptation so far.
Jan 16, 2021 10:23 AM

May 2015
Perfect MILF spotted!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 16, 2021 10:30 AM
May 2017
saka7 said:
So far this anime has been fantastic to me, really tempting to read the manga..

Miyamura did a great job there helping Hori-san out, he is such a good mc.

And Hori's mom is cute.

the anime seems pretty good so far, i hope they keep it up. i am loving it even thou the pacing of horimiya is pretty fast but fun and sweet.
Jan 16, 2021 10:31 AM

Jun 2019
This anime follows a lot of the conventions within the genre, but it has great execution so it doesn’t matter too much to me. Elements that may be eye-rolling if done in other anime are charming in this one because I like the presentation and characters. The sound design can be off sometimes though, like in that ping pong scene.
Jan 16, 2021 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
And the pacing and general direction of this show continues to be utterly bizarre to me. We jump through time and between scenes without any real sense of transition (e.g. Hori saying Miyamura has been going to her house for ages already, when it's only episode two and it barely feels like anything more than a week has passed), and half the time the importance of things isn't even explained until after it actually happened, such as with Sengoku and the rest of the student council being introduced without even a modicum of context.

Genuinely, am I missing something groundbreaking about this show? It's decent and fairly inoffensive on the whole, but the near-universal praise baffles me based on what we've seen in the show so far.
Jan 16, 2021 10:36 AM
May 2017
Alice and Asuna are mother and daughter in another world. I see no problem with that.
Jan 16, 2021 10:40 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was really fun. While the pacing is admittedly all over the place with how they introduce the characters, I feel like that's better for the anime adaptation in contrast to how the manga dragged shit out like a old ragdoll. I know many people would disagree, but whenever I read most romcoms in their source material form, stuff feels hella slow most of the time. The truth of the matter is that it's more so a preference thing at worst.

Remi's introduction wasn't as disjointed as some people here make it out to be, though I'd admit there could've been a better siegeway to introduce her. At least they characterize her quite well so far.

Miyamura didn't go for the usual "talk-no-jutsu" like most other male protagonists would do in that rather silly situation Hori got into. Man goes up and headbutts the crap outta that pretty boy Sengoku guy (whom we will get to know later on, hopefully).

This series through the first few episodes has been so nice due to the subversion of tropes and solid directing. The main relationship with Hori and Miyamura feels more natural than forced and not some "love at first sight" and/or "tsundere beatup" shenanigans. It's around 7-8/10 for me right now, and hopefully it gets much better.
Jan 16, 2021 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
Crazy how this already clear of Oregairu. 2 eps in. Clover works put 3 10s together this season. That’s insane.

The OST during the scene where Hori gets confronted by the student council President was so intense, I was expecting legit bullying, thankfully it went the comic relief route lol.

I’m just loving the vibe of this series from the designs to the dialogue and everyday character interactions. It all feels organic.
Jan 16, 2021 10:47 AM
Dec 2020
Just finished watching the episodes...its gonna be awesome i reckon...I love how they blend the other characters into it...
Jan 16, 2021 10:47 AM

Jul 2020
Another good episode, the little brother def my favorite character. 8/10

Jan 16, 2021 10:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its so calming seeing Miyamura and Hori so casually walk home with the shopping considering how they were just a day ago. Its nice that we get to see Hori's mother though who's rarely in. The look of shock on Hori's face as she realized that she actually doesn't know Miyamura's first name was priceless. While it took a while at least she found out in the end. Hmm despite his popularity the SC prez sure is a jerk not to mention someone that clearly doesn't do any work at all. Kudos to Miyamura's headbutt though that guy deserved it. Some day their to separate will come but until then its nice seeing them treasure every new day spent together. Overall a pretty chill ep that nonetheless did well to introduce the student council to the series while slowly developing Hori and Miyamura's relationship.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2021 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
It was just an ok episode.

Can’t believe stuff got that dramatic for some pieces of paper
Jan 16, 2021 10:56 AM

Jul 2017
Xenocrisi said:

Highschool students smh.
Jan 16, 2021 10:58 AM
Dec 2020
Man hori-san is lame just how you don't know miyamura's first name
Jan 16, 2021 10:59 AM

May 2018
Xenocrisi said:

Welcome to Japan.
Jan 16, 2021 11:01 AM

Dec 2016
I'm surprised that pink girl (forgot her name) just discard a pile of important document papers to Miyamura and I didn't like to see the student concil members blame Hori when it was that girl's fault ò_ó It was hard to watch that girl keep his mouth shut so she can get away with it, but I'm glad the problem's solved thanks to Miyamura.

How cute! I like the thought that Miyamura give a CD with popular songs to Hori X3

Anyways, amazing episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 16, 2021 11:02 AM

Mar 2016
Gorochu said:
Xenocrisi said:

Welcome to Japan.

It's honestly more accurate than most of us think it is, though I'll admit many cases in anime get a bit too conceited, at least from my perspective.
Jan 16, 2021 11:09 AM

Jan 2013
Xenocrisi said:

Laugh it up now, but wait until it's real job.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jan 16, 2021 11:14 AM

Sep 2020
Woah, another lovely episode of horimiya is here!XD

It was hilarious how Hori-San was beating around the bush to ask Miyamura his name and and how dramatic Tooru sounded when Hori-San asked him about Miyamura xD.

When Hori-San completed the work and was yet being blamed, what Miyamura-Kun did was sugoii!!><
Sengoku-kun deserved that xD.

I can't wait for more lovely episodes!!><
2322Jan 16, 2021 11:22 AM
Jan 16, 2021 11:14 AM

Feb 2015
Miyamura headbutting the Prez was kinda stupid to me honestly. He should instead have said to him that it was shameful of him to pass his lazy girlfriend's work on to another girl. Truth just needs to be told, no need to headbutt people x)
Jan 16, 2021 11:16 AM

Sep 2017
Chad Miyamura versus the vrigin student council prez. That one pink haired girl is pretty useless. Also the Mom giving off the slight ara ara vibes.
Jan 16, 2021 11:18 AM

Oct 2018
Woah, Hori's mother is really cute! Hori-san trying to find out Miyamura's first name is really funny, from peeking at boys changing their uniform, Tooru still having a heartbreak and have undergo an overly dramatic reaction, and her mother sending Hori-san out so that she can talk with Miyamura-kun alone! XD

The flashback of Hori-san and Sengoku-kun is really interesting! Well I couldn't blame of the fact that Sengoku-kun does have some dirt on Hori-san! The headbutt by Miyamura-kun is awesome! XD

Now, looks like our characters have become third grader, how will this friendship will go now, I'm looking forward for the future episodes! XD
Forum set made by Nate
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.