Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2020 8:34 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode aired 20 mins earlier than usual
https://twitter.com/animejujutsu/status/1342411597449285632
https://jujutsukaisen.jp/news/20201221_02.php

The fight of student and teacher vs. Mahito, IT WAS BREATH-TAKINGLY FANTASTIC. Well, this explains Episode 11's Juju Stroll of the transfigured human aliens.

Nanamin getting trapped in Mahito's Domain Expansion (as is with Gojo-sensei) was just about as many death flags as I can foreshadow, much less the inability to create one himself. His past life as a commonfolk salaryman really hits me HARD, to live a normal life of being a Jujutsu sorcerer, but with little danger of harm upon his life or others, there's simply no reason for his living.

BUT, Yuuji jumping in and saving Nanamin whilst his OP powers used to the limit. Truly...trying to control Sukuna within Yuuji's soul isn't gonna happen to Mahito. Regardless though, this won't be the last time Yuuji would be heavily targeted.

And yeah, shitty students must rever on their own deserved punishments, and glad that the teacher does his role to the proper.

You may not understand what a "proper death" is, BUT KEEP ON WALKING FORWARD Yuuji! Your first step as a Jujutsu sorcerer only starts from here on out.

Juju Stroll of the sorcerers having a hotpot together, that's so sweet. And Yuuji with Gojo-sensei is just comical, I don't know why but that shit is hilarious!

If this was the season finale, a Season 2 is in the books indefinitely. Good thing that this show is 2-cours long.

No episode next week; Special New Year's program on January 8th, and Episode 14 will continue on January 15!

https://twitter.com/animejujutsu/status/1342509779151777794

All new info for 2nd Cour (courtesy of @MegamiRem): https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1884436
KANLen09Dec 26, 2020 8:11 PM
Dec 25, 2020 8:55 AM

Jul 2016
Omg this episode was so good. I don’t want to wait for the next one

I loved the fight and the animation. The art was meh tho

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Dec 25, 2020 9:22 AM

Mar 2016
This episode is fantastic. The fight scenes are done really well and the pacing has been good so far. Also i can't believe they added yuji's crying on the train scene, mappa's cheeky.
Dec 25, 2020 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
Sukuna is not the type of curse to make idle threats.

I expected no less, but wow, this cour ended on a strong note. The song with the recap montage was a sweet extra(even tho not necessarily in tune with the nature of the series imo) And not just the presentation, but this arc was really significant for Itadori and I'm already looking forward his and Mahito's next clash. Was pretty cool to see Namami's flashback too, honestly forgot about it xD

Don't mind the break, it's just for two weeks *shrug* and the next arc should be even more fun in terms of hype and action.

Lastly, since this year of anime is bascially over I can finally say it.

My AOTY

Easy 9/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 25, 2020 9:47 AM
Dec 2016
Really great episode! So sad we have to wait for 2 weeks for the next arc but super excitedd
Dec 25, 2020 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
It's brilliant conclusion of 1-cour. I loved Nanami's backstory. He is really good man.
Needless to say, fighting scenes were very nice. I wanted Yuuji and Nanami to defeat Mahito but almost same. Sukuna is overpowered as hell.
Dec 25, 2020 10:55 AM

Nov 2014
Now the Juju Stroll last week finally makes sense

Those three are human children transfigured into curses, that's why they were playing with that toy :(

Mod Edit: Only one visible image is allowed in each episode discussion post.
KarinaraApr 13, 2022 9:22 AM
Dec 25, 2020 11:11 AM

May 2020
Not only a story about sorcerers but also a short cooking show xD
I can't wait next ep for the Itadori to be reunited with those two!!
Dec 25, 2020 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
another pretty nice episode, nanamis backstory was pretty cool and yuji really came in clutch. i wonder what sukuna meant about fushiguro..

this cour was pretty solid, looking forward to the next cour next year.
Dec 25, 2020 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
That seemed like a season finale episode. Nice wrap up for this arc. Can't wait to see the new characters for the next one.
Dec 25, 2020 11:27 AM

Aug 2020
I actually Belived that Nanami was about to die, FUCK MAHITO

the jujutsu scroll was cute with itadori teaching fushiguro how to make meatballs
Dec 25, 2020 11:27 AM

Jan 2009
Hironori Tanaka delivered so good today with a full sakuga episode https://twitter.com/kiwbvi/status/1342551575512944643

Nanami backstory is good he is a typical wage slave worker and do not have any purpose found in life yet but ye his life calling was to be a sorcerer so he goes for that life path

and damn Nanami cannot do Domain Expansion eh thats sad

Dec 25, 2020 11:29 AM

Apr 2019
First half done, I'd say a solid 6/10 for it. This episode had great animation and really cool fights. Seems the School is trying to get rid of bullying now? little late lol.

Hope it will stay this good for the second half.

Dec 25, 2020 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Really cool fight although the fight in episode 12 was better. I still cannot fully grasp the power system which I hope would be explained in the upcoming tournament arc.
Dec 25, 2020 11:30 AM

Jun 2012

Me too Yuuji, me too.
Dec 25, 2020 11:30 AM
Oct 2016
Ending this first cour with a banger! Mahito got his shit wrecked by Yuji and Nanami both. Had to slither away like the snake he is. Yuji really showed how amazing he can be this episode. Him having to grapple with killing those warped humans Mahito made while also rescuing Nanami from Mahito domain expansion. Which by the way looked sick! The animation throughout this whole episode was phenomenal, Mappa did great work with the conclusion to this first big arc. The battle against Mahito is a big turning point for Yuji and the story I'm glad they handled it so well. Getting to see Nanami motivation and his backstory where in lesser series would lead to his death but Yuji shattering the glass ceiling literally! Sukuna then putting Mahito in his place. But frying that fish will have to come later because we gotta battle arc incoming!
Dec 25, 2020 11:35 AM

Oct 2017
Nanami and Itadori thrashing Mahito was so satisfying to watch. Sukuna did the job, like he said he won't tolerate it twice.

With that first cour is complete and it was a great adaptation to say the least. Kudos to Mappa for making it into such a great anime.

Also I finally realised who Sukuna reminds me of thnx to the anime, it's Gilgamesh. Been reading the manga since there was like 10-15 chapters and I've been thinking Sukuna reminds me of someone but couldn't pinpoint it XD but the anime made me realise it.

That said see ya all in second cour and next arc's gonna be hype af.
Dec 25, 2020 11:36 AM

Aug 2020
Ended this year with a very amazing episode. What I think throughout this episode is that they really emphasized Mahito’s ugliness. They kept zooming in on his eyes and his face when he got punched. Then there’s Nanami backstory which made me think he was bouta die actually. Oh gosh the preview looked so cool with the new characters!!
Dec 25, 2020 11:36 AM

May 2016
One of my favorite episodes in a while, Sukuna is too damn good.

RIP Yoshino.
Dec 25, 2020 11:37 AM

Mar 2020
Today this episode displayed a part of Nanami's backstory. Not a sad one but a depressing one.

Well this cour was great lets see what the 2nd cour has in store for us.

Gotta say I loved the insert song this episode!!

Good episode :)
Dec 25, 2020 11:43 AM

Dec 2014
Epic episode again.

Action sequences were awesome, loving the production and direction.

The part where Yuuji broke in and Sukuna destroys Mahito was crazy, I was on the edge of my seat. I was really sad initially cause it looked like Nanami might die but I'm glad that Yuuji was able to break in.

R.I.P Junpei. :(

Gonna be a short wait till the next cour but I'm really looking forward to it.
Dec 25, 2020 11:44 AM

May 2012
When did Yuuji learn Divergent Fist? was this his first attempt?
Dec 25, 2020 11:44 AM

Jul 2019
This was a great episode, mainly thanks to the god himself, hironori tanaka! He was the episode director, the animation director and also did the storyboards, you could see his style literally everywhere in the episode! Although i didnt care about the nanami backstory at so ever, i also quite enjoyed the plot of the episode, it had a lot of tension which i very much loved, and we also got more sukuna being a badass so thats great too.
Dec 25, 2020 11:48 AM

Apr 2020
Self-Embodiment of Perfection was animated to good!
The Sukuna moments were way better than expected! I loved the animations for this episode. I want to know who did the key-animation for this.

R.I.P Junpei. I'll forever miss you.

Kyoto Sister-School Event coming up!
--AbiSa--

Jan 2009
MegamiRem said:
Also I finally realised who Sukuna reminds me of thnx to the anime, it's Gilgamesh. Been reading the manga since there was like 10-15 chapters and I've been thinking Sukuna reminds me of someone but couldn't pinpoint it XD but the anime made me realise it.

its funny that Sukuna is voiced by GARcher (Unlimited Blade Works) voice actor though the natural enemy of Gilgamesh

Aug 2013
Fantastic episode.

I thought Nanami was going to die for a second with his flashback and all, glad Yuuji was able to break Mahito's Domain Expansion. That was pretty cool.

One should not mess with Sukuna. No second chance for Mahito.

Really strong first cour and I can't wait to see the second. The short wait will be worth it.

Dec 25, 2020 11:52 AM
Jan 2020
fullmetalpower said:

The first time Yuuji showed it to us was in ep 9! When he and Nanamin had to exorcise transformed humans.
Dec 25, 2020 11:54 AM

May 2019
I guess the arc ended here and we're finally moving on to the school stuff next episode. It was a solid arc. The story was pretty generic but what made the anime this entertaining was the studio's amazing job. From art & animation to directing, they have been doing an amazing job.

Now for the downside, Mahito or whatever is a horrible 1D villain and as someone who enjoys a good villain, I just feel plain hatred towards that piss poor curse. And now I'm pissed that they couldn't kill him and now he escaped tsk... Sukuna is great tho, I love him.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 25, 2020 11:55 AM

Apr 2020
fullmetalpower said:

Don't you remember he used it when they were in the theatre. And they also showed Gojo explaining it to him. The scene with Gojo wearing a wide neck Tee
--AbiSa--
Dec 25, 2020 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
Nanamin's backstory definitely gave me huge death flag vibes, but I'm glad he made it out of this fight alive. Like he said, if Itadori wasn't there he would have been dead for sure. Watching the 2 of them beat Mahito's ass was great, too bad they couldn't finish him off. I'm not too thrilled about the break but it's the holidays so it's expected. Can't wait to see new characters next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 25, 2020 11:58 AM

Oct 2017
deg said:
MegamiRem said:

its funny that Sukuna is voiced by GARcher (Unlimited Blade Works) voice actor though the natural enemy of Gilgamesh
Yes I know he's voiced by Suwabe Junichi and yep it's kinda funny.
Dec 25, 2020 12:00 PM

Jul 2020
Preety good episode, no cap... only nitpick is that they didn't show Mahito when it came to the part "Death" (if that makes sense) First cour: 8/10

Can't wait for the new OP, ED, and training tournament.
Dec 25, 2020 12:02 PM
Dec 2020
Whats the song at 20:15
Dec 25, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
I don't like the show's writing or characters at all but for one whole cour, it's pretty impressive how MAPPA have been on a consistency basis when adapting the material. Never really had a slip-up production wise which during incredibly tough times like these, I have to tip my hat to them. If only I actually liked the characters even a little and the writing too, MAPPA would rise up the ranks for me when it comes to anime delivered by studios since I also did love Dorohedoro from them this year (first MAPPA anime I like) and have been wanting more good MAPPA anime. This break might help them focus on Attack on Titan or fine-tuning with this show, or even with Chainsaw Man, who knows, but at least it was a well earned one in a sense.
Dec 25, 2020 12:12 PM

Sep 2019
I feel like they used a lot more cg than they did in the previous episodes but it was great nonetheless.
Dec 25, 2020 12:15 PM

Jul 2017
One of my favorite fights in this series so far, the art aren't as good as usual, but you can really feel the intensity there. A really solid first-cour they build there. I haven't read the manga so I feel so excited for next arcs that will come in the second-cour~
Dec 25, 2020 12:24 PM

Jun 2019
Solid. The fight was good. It was nice to see another Domain Expansion. Sakuna showing up again was nice. On to the tournament arc.
Dec 25, 2020 12:38 PM
Apr 2020
Death flags! Nanamin flashback and he wqs trapped in Mahito's Domain Expansion. I thought Nanamin was gonna die. Anyway, Nanami and Yuji beating Mahito is entertaining to watch. Mahito once again made Sukuna mad, Sukuna damaged Mahito without even switching with Yuji. And Sukuna cared for Megumi? Why? Is he going to use Megumi in his future plans? Welp, sadly Mahito escaped.

First cour is so good. Can't wait for the next cour next year. JujuHtsu igh friends of Yuji eating while talking about Yuji's meatballs recipe legacy is so cute. I'm so excited for their reunion and their reactions when they know that Yuji is still alive.

Dec 25, 2020 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
Episode was great overall. Animation was solid as well as the direction. MAPPA really elevated this arc from the manga which was pretty boring at first ngl.

And so begins the Goodwill event arc which will be a banger for sure. Can’t wait to see my boy Todo clapping some cheeks.
Dec 25, 2020 12:54 PM

Nov 2019
That was so intense.
Yokatta, Nanami-San did not die.
Dec 25, 2020 1:09 PM

Sep 2017
Well wasn't expected him to escape tbh. Looks like Junpei might actually be dead. I could see them having scooped him up and taken him back to the labs to try and find a way to reverse it tho. Since he haven't actually seen him die we can't be sure. But anyway looks like the tournament arc is gonna start up which is nice because Itadori will finally see his m8s again.
Dec 25, 2020 1:20 PM

Aug 2020
I did NOT like that CG mahito
:)
Dec 25, 2020 1:22 PM

Mar 2016
nice episodee

looking forward to 2nd cour now <3

Dec 25, 2020 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
MrCreepyAvss said:

what CG Mahito? its all drawn or corrected by Hironori Tanaka in 2D drawings being the AD of this episode

or if you do not mean 3DCG when you say CG then ye obviously
Dec 25, 2020 1:26 PM

Mar 2019
Last 5 minutes boring AF... but first 15... pretty great...

Still NOT anime of the Year.. LMAO!.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 25, 2020 1:30 PM

Jun 2015
Nice closing I feel with how the story threads closed out and of course main boss battle and quite literally some soul searching afterwards. Looks like we can get pumped for the cross school event next. I suspect it will be training arc like but with everything that's happened it might be a nice change of pace from the brutality and pain of Mcs normal days at the moment!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 25, 2020 1:39 PM

Aug 2020
deg said:
MrCreepyAvss said:

what CG Mahito? its all drawn or corrected by Hironori Tanaka in 2D drawings being the AD of this episode

I mean 3DCG
it was just a fast shot of literally 2 seconds at 13:14, but it looked totally awful to me :(
:)
Dec 25, 2020 1:40 PM

Mar 2010
The only thing about proper about death is wether or not we shit ourselves lolz but anyways fun episode. Can't wait to see ita join the gang again.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 25, 2020 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
MrCreepyAvss said:
deg said:

I mean 3DCG
it was just a fast shot of literally 2 seconds at 13:14, but it looked totally awful to me :(

lol the head shaking of Mahito scene? no thats not 3DCG its 2D with well fluid in-between animation
Dec 25, 2020 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
Another epic episode.

Honestly this show just keeps on delivering. Nanami's backstory was kinda depressing, but to see him help out that bakery girl was so sweet. Even though Nanami is quite powerful as a Jujutsu Sorcerer, he has never been able to pull off a Domain Expansion.

If it wasn't for Yuuji, Nanami would have been toast, but it was kinda cool how Yuuji entered Mahito's domain and it got instantly cancelled. That's Sukuna for you.

I agree with you there Yuuji, I can't wait to see you reuinite again with Fushiguro and Kugisaki. Oh and meet the others ofcourse!

Easy to say that this first cour is a solid 9/10, for me on the edge towards a 10/10. Hope the second cour can keep up the quality. Gonna miss the OP & ED though, they were both epic.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

635 by TheGr8_Ayanakoji »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.