Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2020 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Mahito 100% deserved that punch in the face. The way he manipulated Junpei and then having him take "revenge"....what a freak.

Poor Junpei, got manipulated and killed. I was shocked the first time when it happened since they made him into an important character for this arc but it goes to show how cruel Mahito really is.

Dec 18, 2020 8:53 AM

Apr 2020
Gojou with glasses is back!

Damn, poor Junpei, he was turned into a curse by Mahito. Glad to see Yuji fighting Mahito in his own strength, I mean without swapping bodies with Sukuna.
Dec 18, 2020 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
The Jujutsu battle between Yuuji and Junpei, truly is fascinating. The stark contrast between right or wrong, no one answer is definite, but reconciliation can bring Yuuji's point across to Junpei and give him a new lease of life...

...that is, until Mahito personally enters the scene, TOTALLY obliterating Yuuji unguarded, and mutating Junpei with Idle Transfiguration. Even with Sukuna's contract, not everything is doable in the world of "Curses" to save a human's life.

BUT, THE COMEBACK! Rather than being just a regular host, being the contour of the soul of killing (not exorcising) murderous intent overflowing, and with the power to defeat the natural enemy Mahito then and there. Even with such extensive power, trying to activate Sukuna from Yuuji's inner body WAS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE, and Yuuji maintaining his composure is already commendable (without utilizing Sukuna).

Thankfully, Nanami arrives just in time to stop the massacre, and immediately figures out Mahito's game towards Yuuji. Now it isn't just a 1 vs. 1 battle, but teacher and student vs. a Curse!

Strong episode with all the sakuga overflowing goodness!
Dec 18, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2016
What an episode. Sukuna and Mahito laughing was crazy xD

Junpei made a big mistake but I can't really blame him. He was inexperienced, naive, vulnerable, desperate and Mahito offered him sugar. Don't want to know want went through his head during his last moments. His life was already shit, he lost his mom, got played, then right after Itadori offered him a genuine helping hand he got fucked up by the person he trusted. Very tragic ending. Even worse when one consinders that Junpei and all people related to him were merely toyed with to get to Itadori. Of course it's also in Mahito's vile nature and he embodies the hatred of humans towards humans well.

Action was nice as usual, but not quite as intense as what went down between the characters. Got me pretty emotional more so than while reading the manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2020 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
Didnt watch the episode yet but read the manga thus i have high expectations for the next 2 episodes. Im hoping that there will be jumpcuts in the fights instead of relying on none which just looks odd especially when the background is moving like https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1334903286265237504
NycroDec 18, 2020 9:55 AM
Dec 18, 2020 9:53 AM
Jul 2020
its still 1 hour early...
Dec 18, 2020 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was very heartbreaking. RIP Junpei. He is an innocent victim despite he raid people. I wanted to see Yuuji and him friendship more...
Yuuji's rage changed attack against Mahito. Fighting scenes are great as always. I hope Mahito is defeated by Yuuji and Nanami seriously.

Edit: I corrected sentence about Junpei's act.
removed-userDec 18, 2020 10:18 AM
Dec 18, 2020 9:59 AM
Feb 2013
Xnovazero said:
This episode was very heartbreaking. RIP Junpei. He is an innocent victim despite he killed people. I wanted to see Yuuji and him friendship more...
Yuuji's rage changed attack against Mahito. Fighting scenes are great as always. I hope Mahito is beat by Yuuji and Nanami seriously.

Junpei didn’t kill anyone?... the people at the gym were knocked out and every other kill was all Mahito.
Dec 18, 2020 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
dedeogbe said:
Xnovazero said:
This episode was very heartbreaking. RIP Junpei. He is an innocent victim despite he killed people. I wanted to see Yuuji and him friendship more...
Yuuji's rage changed attack against Mahito. Fighting scenes are great as always. I hope Mahito is beat by Yuuji and Nanami seriously.

Junpei didn’t kill anyone?... the people at the gym were knocked out and every other kill was all Mahito.

Oh, it was my mistake. All cause is Mahito's plan. Sorry.
Dec 18, 2020 10:09 AM
Feb 2013
Xnovazero said:
dedeogbe said:

Oh, it was my mistake. All cause is Mahito's plan. Sorry.

No worries, I just thought I missed something as well hence the confusion. But no, Junpei’s only guilt in this was the attack on his former bully. Not much else
Dec 18, 2020 11:10 AM

Aug 2020
Noooo Junpei!! I knew this episode was going to have a tragic scene. Mahito deserves to die 100% and Itadori somehow managed to move despite being filled with holes. Also Nanami in for the save that part was amazing.
Dec 18, 2020 11:13 AM

Feb 2019
Nah this episode was just 24 minutes of fire. Idk what it is about MAPPA, but they just built different. Bringing so many of my fave panels to life and making them even better than the source material.

Been a while since I read this chapter, seeing Junpei die again and Sukuna refuse to help.. opened some wounds for sure. But this is where JJK really gets going and the hype that the anime gets becomes warranted
Dec 18, 2020 11:15 AM

Oct 2017
Poor Junpei, like many other naive brats like him in other anime's he also got manipulated and killed.
Dec 18, 2020 11:19 AM

Apr 2019
Really good episode, and sad. Also the tension was great throughout, those OSTs were clean too.

Dec 18, 2020 11:23 AM

Jun 2012
This episode ended way too quickly.

Dec 18, 2020 11:27 AM

Jun 2015
Well it felt like i was watching a movie. By far the best produced episode so far. Episode 7 doesn't hold a candle to that.
Dec 18, 2020 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Junpei. It was sad to see him go. That Mahito bastard needs to get exorcised immediately.

Anyway, the episode was really great. I loved the part Sukuna. He doesn't give a shit. XD

Dec 18, 2020 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
Absolutely incredible episode. Action packed, intense, dramatic and emotional. Couldn't even believe it when the credits started playing.

FMmatron said:

Junpei made a big mistake but I can't really blame him. He was inexperienced, naive, vulnerable, desperate and Mahito offered him sugar. Don't want to know want went through his head during his last moments. His life was already shit, he lost his mom, got played, then right after Itadori offered him a genuine helping hand he got fucked up by the person he trusted. Very tragic ending. Even worse when one consinders that Junpei and all people related to him were merely toyed with to get to Itadori. Of course it's also in Mahito's vile nature and he embodies the hatred of humans towards humans well.

Action was nice as usual, but not quite as intense as what went down between the characters. Got me pretty emotional more so than while reading the manga.

Summed it up for me as well, when Junpei said that people have no hearts cause he didn't want to believe that those people with hearts cursed his family made me really emotional. He was just an innocent bystander whose crappy life was made even worse by circumstances beyond his control. He wasn't even allowed to reach out and grab the one helping hand he was offered. A truly tragic tale with an even more tragic ending for a person who deserved so much better. T.T

Action sequences were crazy, Sukuna and Mahito laughing was just manical.
Those shots of a rage built Yuuji were absolutely insane. Huge props to MAPPA for the production.

Sukuna telling Mahito to know his place was menacing as hell.

Nanmin showed up at the last moment to save Yuuji from getting his face blistered, can't wait to see how this tag team is going to work out.
Dec 18, 2020 11:30 AM
Oct 2016
Best episode of the show thus far, and that's saying something. Holy mother of god the emotion in this episode was palpable. Yuji my man, he got put through the wringer seeing Junpei get transfigured like that. Mahito the ultimate son of a bitch using Junpei until he wasn't useful anymore then doing that to him in front of Yuji. It was so painful when Junpei cried out to Yuji after he was transformed. Yuji at the pit of despair with both Sukuna and Mahito laughing it up. He finally realizes they're curses with no real human emotions to appeal to. All of that making the moment when Yuji socks Mahito right in the face so satisfying! Yuji knocked him straight back. The animation when Yuji chased after Mahito looked so good. Same when Yuji was pulling Mahito down to the courtyard and when he headbutt Mahito multiple times. It was all awesome to see! Could feel that emotion like I said. Nanami coming in for the save when Mahito finally got the upper hand. Now for the rematch.
Dec 18, 2020 11:30 AM

May 2020
Even Mahito knows when to be scared, especially when it comes to Sukuna!
Dec 18, 2020 11:37 AM
Oct 2020
i did not expect to see Junpeimon this early
Dec 18, 2020 11:44 AM

Jun 2016
In my opinion the ost killed all the atmosphere of how the scene was portrayed in the manga but whatever..
Dec 18, 2020 11:45 AM

Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Absolutely incredible episode. Action packed, intense, dramatic and emotional. Couldn't even believe it when the credits started playing.

FMmatron said:

Summed it up for me as well, when Junpei said that people have no hearts cause he didn't want to believe that those people with hearts cursed his family made me really emotional. He was just an innocent bystander whose crappy life was made even worse by circumstances beyond his control. He wasn't even allowed to reach out and grab the one helping hand he was offered. A truly tragic tale with an even more tragic ending for a person who deserved so much better. T.T

Action sequences were crazy, Sukuna and Mahito laughing was just manical.
Those shots of a rage built Yuuji were absolutely insane. Huge props to MAPPA for the production.

Sukuna telling Mahito to know his place was menacing as hell.

Nanmin showed up at the last moment to save Yuuji from getting his face blistered, can't wait to see how this tag team is going to work out.

Yeah, Sukuna still in a league of his own when it comes to being menacing. Already looking forward to when he shows what he got, even tho it will take a while for that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2020 11:46 AM
May 2020
Today's episode was probably the best so far and I must say the fight was amazing especially with the amazing animation
Dec 18, 2020 11:48 AM
Nov 2020
anyone know why itadori wasn't really affected by all the holes in him? just wondering if there's some kind of reason he isn't taking that much damage
Dec 18, 2020 11:50 AM

Nov 2014
I love the scene where we see from Junpei's point of view and the scene blurred as his tears fell down. Great directing.

Also love the part where Mahito got his stupid mug smashed multiple times. I can literally feel the impact. I flinched but it was satisfying to see.

Knowing MAPPA, I'm expecting them to take Junpei out of the picnic scene in the OP of next episode. Since they're already adding characters in as they're introduced, it wouldn't be weird for them to remove characters as well.

PS: If you didn't understand the Juju Stroll, you'll understand it once you see next episode...

Curious how he's been calling Yuji "Itadori" ever since he first met him, yet here in the final moments before his death, he called him "Yuji"? Manga readers you know what im implying here 😈

Mod Edit: Multiple screenshots in spoiler-tag.
Koito91Dec 19, 2020 6:51 AM
Dec 18, 2020 11:53 AM

Mar 2016
sukuna is backkk <3 yessss "know your place fool".

him and mahito laughing at itadori was funny af tho.

junpei with the squad

nanami coming to clutch up!
strawberaetaeDec 18, 2020 11:56 AM

Dec 18, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 2020
Really like what they have been doing with Junpei. He is growing to be quite an intersesting character, really excited to see more of him if he turns into a human again.

the voice acting in this episode is absolutely incredible. It really gave an extra layer of awesomeness to everything that was going on.

Very impressive, great episode!
iLuvPunsDec 18, 2020 11:57 AM
Dec 18, 2020 11:54 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Junpei's pent up hatred of others ended up being the perfect fuel for Mahito to use. The jellyfish though sure was interesting. Cute but utterly lethal to humans. But man though i guessed it was coming Mahito just transforming Junpei into a cursed being sure was sad. Especially as Itadori was that close to convincing him. The twin strikes from Sukuna and Mahito really served to create quite the sense of despair within Itadori and in doing so igniting the sense of rage within him. That fight between the two sure was a brutal affair. While its nice to see Nanami get here in time to save Itadori given that his attacks won't work on Mahito Itadori will still be the main strength in the fight. But looking forward to seeing how this fight progresses though. Overall a solid ep that while hard hitting and bloody also made great use of emotions in the form of Itadori's attempt to save Junpei.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2020 11:56 AM

Jul 2020
This episide...this is it right folks. This is the best episode of this anime so far. This was so good directing and pacing was good.

Although, what was the meaning behind Sukuna and Mahito's quick chat? Is there some sort of class system with the curses? Anyways, excited for the next episode

Man, makes me want to see how MAPPA will do CSM
Dec 18, 2020 12:02 PM

Oct 2017
Hot dang, this episode gives me goosebump the whole episode.

The dialogues, the heart to heart expression, the death, and the revenge fight scene, all of these are executed so flawlessly. Insanely good animation and direction from Mappa yet again too.
This is how an anime should be adapted. It is so good.

Mappa outdone themselves again.
Proves that with good source material, Mappa's production can turn an anime into something special. (With trash material like God of High School, however, even Mappa production can't save it)

I bump my score to a 9 despite initially I gave it a 7 in episode 1.

It takes Demon Slayer 19 episodes to become good, while this anime only takes 12.
(mostly because Demon Slayer has too much fillers in between 12~18)
I won't even complain if the anime end at episode 13 right now for a 1st season since it's a good point of ending, but we're getting 24 episodes for this feast.
Bravo!
Ventus_SDec 18, 2020 12:13 PM
Dec 18, 2020 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
Really good adaptation of this arc by MAPPA. I disliked it in the manga but found it a lot more interesting in its animated form. Mahito is a legit psychopath and is op as hell, but his fights are always a joy to look at.

We’re finally getting to the most interesting part of season 1 (goodwill event).
Dec 18, 2020 12:03 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
There's so much death this week, goddamn. I was really hoping we would get to see Junpei as a member of the group next arc, guess not. He had so much potential, it's such a shame Mahito got to him first.
Dec 18, 2020 12:04 PM

Apr 2015
best epsiode !! Yuuji was so great in this ep.
Sukuna's scene is so cool , I love his personality
and Now with Nanami and Yuuji gonna fight together I can't wait to next ep.

Rip Junpei I never thought he will die !!! I tho. he will be join Jujutsu High School and be one of the team :(
Ms_PhantomhiveDec 18, 2020 2:20 PM
Dec 18, 2020 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
RIP Junpei

and damn Sukuna is a boss

Dec 18, 2020 12:10 PM
Dec 18, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2013
Damn, I really thought they were gonna make Yuuji and Junpei fight, come to some reconciliation and then have Junpei join Jujutsu Tech. Did not expect that with all the character development he got.

Sukuna is still a badass. This feels like Gilgamesh all over again <3
Dec 18, 2020 12:13 PM

Nov 2014
NewYearSameMe said:
This episide...this is it right folks. This is the best episode of this anime so far. This was so good directing and pacing was good.

Although, what was the meaning behind Sukuna and Mahito's quick chat? Is there some sort of class system with the curses? Anyways, excited for the next episode

Man, makes me want to see how MAPPA will do CSM
well, it was mentioned over and over again that Sukuna is the KING of Curses...
Dec 18, 2020 12:16 PM
Mar 2016
casual gojo is daddy
Dec 18, 2020 12:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That Yuuji headbutt part was legendary xD pretty good animation for the fight scenes as always
Dec 18, 2020 12:17 PM

Jun 2020
Damn amazing episode, shit was intense as fuck and the OST was godly. The part just before Yuuji punches the loser is especially strong because it had me replaying the scene for like 5 minutes. Plus the sakuga *_* and people try to say Mappa's a mediocre studio lmfao sure buddy, go and watch One Piece loser
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 18, 2020 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
Can't wait to see Mahito get his.
Dec 18, 2020 12:31 PM

Nov 2016
Even if Sukuna could've done some shit, he "emphatically" refused

But to be fair, the opening features Junpei chilling with the squad, it gave false hopes xD Then again, if you look further, there's the blurry fall out transition to Itadori facing Sukuna. Nice foreshadowing or maybe I'm interpreting too much into this.
FMmatronDec 19, 2020 6:57 AM

Dec 18, 2020 12:35 PM

May 2019
Wow this was the crappiest Juju Stroll ever.

Although the directing and animation were both amazing, the fight was just your typical shounen angery punchy boi mc battle. Mahito being a super uninteresting 1D villain doesn’t help either. Well, at least next episode we’ll see some Nanamin action and I’m sure it’ll be much better than this episode.

Also, how come Yuuji doesn’t bleed at all after being pierced tens of times like that? I’m sure at least one of the many spikes pierced through his lungs but somehow he doesn’t have any problem breathing. Is there are cursed technique that stops bleeding or something? Please elaborate lol.

Junpei was in the OP smiling in the school uniform so that makes me think that he isn’t dead. Either that or the studio was trolling by putting false spoilers lol and it’s definitely a possibility. I won’t look for spoilers in the comments.

All in all a much generic yet entertaining episode, just like the rest of the anime so far. I miss Gojou and the other students.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 18, 2020 12:35 PM

Sep 2015
I really thought they were setting up Yuuji and Junpei as a couple...

Best episode yet. Nicely choreographed and emotional fight scene.

We're finally at the point where all the setup is done so we can see the magic system at its best. Hopefully the show keeps this up for the next few fights (I'm a bit tired of the Gojo/Sukuna one sided beatdowns).
Dec 18, 2020 12:38 PM

Apr 2018
This episode was unreal. MAPPA really out here creating the best shit in the anime scene rn.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Dec 18, 2020 12:38 PM

Mar 2018
animation is insane and that fight was amazing hope sukuna teaches mahito a lesson
Dec 18, 2020 12:49 PM
Mar 2018
strawberaetae said:
sukuna is backkk <3 yessss "know your place fool".

him and mahito laughing at itadori was funny af tho.

junpei with the squad

nanami coming to clutch up!

Dec 18, 2020 12:49 PM

Sep 2019
I really enjoyed this episode, the fight scenes were crazy. I loved when they both started to laugh. It looks like the next episode is going to be even better, I’m looking forward to it.
Dec 18, 2020 12:52 PM
Nov 2014
Welcome back Sukuna - we've missed you^^
And the way he told Mahito to know his place... that guy is not to be messed with.

(I miss Gojou & Co. a little though).

Superub episode.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.