Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2020 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, seeing Satoko not in her usual cherry mood...

Compared to the previous episode, this one had a more depressing mood. However, it's a good thing Keiichi and the others caught on that something is wrong with her. Satoko is lucky to have such good friends. The part where Satoko threw up and freaked out was tough to watch.
Dec 3, 2020 7:03 AM

Feb 2018
This actually entered the route I hated, I wasn't that surprised after what happened. the first scene is familiar, does not mean there is another purpose. every four episodes this changes the story and I wonder how Satoko's route. I think Satoko is fine, Rika's explanation of the Satoko family is clear. It's just, why hasn't Rika acted yet, it's still on my mind.

After some serious scenes, I think I would eat something delicious but what fk actually happend, It was too cruel torment, no matter what actually happened but Keiichi didn't seem like he would stay. Still waiting for the next episode.

Dec 3, 2020 7:13 AM

Oct 2017
That was depressing, I really dun like watching such a sweet kid like Satoko suffer.
Dec 3, 2020 7:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow that whole Satoko situation is really terrifying, her uncle is really horrible... and that end of episode... poor Satoko
Dec 3, 2020 7:55 AM
Apr 2019
Damn. So Keiichi dreams of
at the start.

Poor Satoko :( She didn't deserved any torment at all.
Dec 3, 2020 7:57 AM

Feb 2019
Man, fuck Satoko’s uncle. Grown ass men that abuse children are the worst type of scum on Earth. Her PTSD sequence when Keichi touched her head was just heartbreaking. Hoping everyone can pull together and get her out of this situation.
Dec 3, 2020 8:09 AM

Dec 2015
At least we could guess why Rika doesn't do anything in this arc (and i'm sure R07 will explain her behavior in the last 2 arcs later anyway)
Dec 3, 2020 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
poor Satoko. That very depressing, she suffering a lot. She doesn't deserve this at all.
That bastard Teppei should die.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 3, 2020 8:17 AM

Sep 2019
If a girl in an anime refuses a headpat, you know something's wrong with her.
Dec 3, 2020 8:18 AM

Jul 2017
The creepiness settling in for Satoko's route, and close bud Rika ain't feeling all that happy and spirited with her disappearance.

As expected, Detective Ooishi sure like the stick his nose into things, and luckily there's Doctor Irie to save Keiichi from further harm (things are different for another timeline gain). And his explanation of Satoko's situation is truly harrowing, from denial to abuse, Ooishi: The familiar of Oyashiro-sama's Curse, huh.

The resurgence of Satoko definitely isn't the peppy version after being tormented to her uncle Teppei's abuse, and that's depressing as heck. Even their homeroom teacher tried but to no avail, that's to be expected. But if there's one thing to learn about, it's not to be action-impulsive like Keiichi, and learn the facts instead to get the general plan ahead of time and plan from there. It'd be great if his dream was the execution at Episode 12.

The real traitor is Satoko's uncle and the aftereffects of the trauma, and MUST be killed. Horrible...just plain horrible to see Satoko suffering from mere physical interactions.
Dec 3, 2020 8:23 AM
Jul 2014
Satoko arc really hits me different every time... The breakdown scene was so difficult to watch, it was brilliantly made. And Rika just staring there blankly because she has seen this so many times now.
Dec 3, 2020 8:26 AM
Oct 2020
This arc is painful to watch. 5/5.
Dec 3, 2020 8:32 AM

Jun 2008
As much as I like seeing the differences and similarities with the VN and 2006 anime, it's a really sad episode.

Dec 3, 2020 8:34 AM

Aug 2015
I love and hate this arc. I love it because it's really good, and I hate it because it's really good. Let's see where this would go, full-on depression, or the bittersweet happiness, and with there being 3 more episodes of this, anything can happen.
Dec 3, 2020 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
Satoko. T.T
This is just painful to watch, the entire last sequence was horrifying. Satoko. :(
Dec 3, 2020 8:44 AM

Apr 2019
The facade wasn't kept up for long... fuck that piece of shit uncle.

Dec 3, 2020 8:45 AM

Apr 2019
LeaveSatokoAlone said:
This arc is painful to watch. 5/5.
ur name checks out

Dec 3, 2020 8:46 AM

Jul 2014
Jesus Christ the ending was hard to watch, poor Satoko. And the whole Child Welfare Services thing was very frustrating. Can't the police do anything?

It seems that last week I connected the dots well about Satoko's aunt being the woman beaten to death. But who could have done it? They say it was a drug addict but could it have been Satoshi? They say he left Hinamizawa a year ago but maybe he was one of those people "demonic away" by Oyashiro's curse. I don't know, it's strange that he just left Satoko behind.

Another interesting thing was the beginning, it seems that Keiichi can see a glimpse of other timelines. It also happened in the first one when he saw him killing the girls.

Man, this is not the same without the genki Satoko with her ohoho laugh :'(. Fuck that uncle, he deserves death!
Dec 3, 2020 8:47 AM

Jan 2015
A good episode, finally
Dec 3, 2020 8:57 AM
Dec 2018
This has made me a bit uncomfortable.
Dec 3, 2020 8:57 AM

Mar 2009
This show's new episodes have been my highlight of the week for the past 10 weeks. They just can't seem to come out quick enough while watching them feels like they last 5 minutes. As an old fan of the series I must say I'm enjoying this way too much. Especially loving the use of old OST which sets the mood perfectly. Seeing Rika waiting for Satoko to come back in 2020 broke my heart and so did the breakdown scene. Almost made me wanna cry because of the unfairness and realness this arc is filled with. Curious for where the story goes this time.
Dec 3, 2020 9:04 AM

Dec 2015
Valandis said:
As much as I like seeing the differences and similarities with the VN and 2006 anime, it's a really sad episode.

Dec 3, 2020 9:06 AM

Aug 2009
The breakdown scene felt weird to me. As if she was trying to force all possible reactions a victim of abuse could have in such a scene.
Compared to the original scene it felt more unnatural.

And there is one big, for me, difference. In the original Keichi actually pats her head which triggers Satoko's breakdown and we even get a flashback of when Satoshi was doing it, which is why she starts crying, vomiting etc.

Here however, Satoko first brushes off his hand. Then starts the breakdown after a delay, again unlike the original where she freezes, breaks down and then pushes him away.
I dont think Satoko is able to "defend" herself against her uncle, or anyone she could assume to be an abuser.

In the previous arc many thought that she was suspicious, with some old fans suspecting that
but I ignored these theories. So what if she is faking it, trying to lead them to act for whatever hr goal is?

Maybe I am overthinking this and it was just that the scene sucked compared to the original. I dunno.
Dec 3, 2020 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
SkyLETV said:

They say he left Hinamizawa a year ago but maybe he was one of those people "demonic away" by Oyashiro's curse.

Yeah the curse got him.

From the last episode
Dec 3, 2020 9:09 AM

Aug 2019
Honestly, I've never pitied Satoko even a bit in my life. Apparently, it made it look like Rika tried to make a move, but got interrupted by everyone entering the room, then she was like "fk I forgot that happens".

I didn't notice huge differences, besides the beginning, in this chapter, except that things are a lot more rushed in days, so some events happened, but weren't shown, like the errands Satoko had to run.

Dec 3, 2020 9:17 AM

Dec 2015
ssjokg said:
The breakdown scene felt weird to me. As if she was trying to force all possible reactions a victim of abuse could have in such a scene.

And there is one big, for me, difference. In the original Keichi actually pats her head which triggers Satoko's breakdown and we even get a flashback of when Satoshi was doing it, which is why she starts crying, vomiting etc.

Here however, Satoko first brushes off his hand. Then starts the breakdown after a delay, again unlike the original where she freezes, breaks down and then pushes him away.
I dont think Satoko is able to "defend" herself against her uncle, or anyone she could assume to be an abuser.

In the previous arc many thought that she was suspicious, with some old fans suspecting that
but I ignored these theories. So what if she is faking it, trying to lead them to act for whatever hr goal is?

Maybe I am overthinking this and it was just that the scene sucked compared to the original. I dunno.

Yeah it was weird seeing her hit his hand before it even touched her, but maybe she felt his hand getting closer and imagined it like a hand coming to hit her (probably Teppei hits her on her head) , like when she heard the principle's footsteps and thought it was Teppei and went crazy.
But aside from that, yeah i felt like the voice acting was a little weird, i went back and checked the VN and the old anime and she wasn't weird like that so it's not like the VA isn't capable of doing the scene right, idk what happened there lol.
But i just thought they fucked up a little, maybe you're right and this's related to her weird behavior from the previous arc.
Dec 3, 2020 9:20 AM

Aug 2009
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
ssjokg said:

Yeah it was weird seeing her hit his hand before it even touched her, but maybe she felt his hand getting closer and imagined it like a hand coming to hit her (probably Teppei hits her on her head) , like when she heard the principle's footsteps and thought it was Teppei and went crazy.

Thought of that, but her breakdowns in the old anime didnt give me the idea that she would defend herself. That would only make things worse for her.
Dec 3, 2020 9:23 AM

Dec 2015
rafaelfserafim said:

Dec 3, 2020 9:25 AM

Mar 2012
ovy7 said:
I love and hate this arc. I love it because it's really good, and I hate it because it's really good. Let's see where this would go, full-on depression, or the bittersweet happiness, and with there being 3 more episodes of this, anything can happen.
any possibility this arc could be 4 eps this time so the second half could be dedicated to the entirely new answers and possible umineko stuff?
Dec 3, 2020 9:27 AM

Aug 2015
SparkleDuck said:
ovy7 said:
any possibility this arc could be 4 eps this time so the second half could be dedicated to the entirely new answers and possible umineko stuff?

IIRC, episode 13 is the last one of this cour, and with episode 14 a new part would start (part which, according to some leaks, would be called "Graduation"). I feel like ep 13 would have completely new stuff and related to the certain someone in the OP.
Dec 3, 2020 9:28 AM

Dec 2015
ssjokg said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Thought of that, but her breakdowns in the old anime didnt give me the idea that she would defend herself. That would only make things worse for her.

In the VN she hits his hand immediately after he touches her (without any flashbacks), in the old anime she pushes him across the room lol.
So i think it's the same thing kinda but the scene is weirder after that anyway.
Dec 3, 2020 9:29 AM

Dec 2015
SparkleDuck said:

This arc will be 5 episodes
next arc will be 4 episodes
the fifth and last arc in this season will be 7 episodes
Dec 3, 2020 9:32 AM

Sep 2020
Damn you Higurashi, I'm trying to binge AoT here

Disappointed that they cut out both of the monologues here, but they weren't in the original so I shouldn't have expected it.

I'm surprised that they talked about how Satoko falsely accused her parents since I don't remember that part in the original anime.

Overall, it's pretty similar to the anime/VN (except for the Tatarigoroshi flashback at the beginning of the episode).
Dec 3, 2020 9:36 AM
Jul 2011
I think in this version I enjoy Satoko more and feel bad for her more than the original version. The ending really got to me.
Dec 3, 2020 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
Man this episode was hard to watch. knew it was about to go to a bad place but it was still tough.

but also it's very interesting that she defended herself like that (hitting him even before he went for the headpat), I don't know what this means for the arc conclusion but I'm curious what's going to happen now.
Dec 3, 2020 9:56 AM

Aug 2019
There's one thing that really bugged me out: Satoko came back to grab her things and leave to live with her uncle. I don't recall her doing that at all. Teppei found her on her way from the barbecue and took her unwillingly. She coming back to get her stuff, even though it makes a little sense (uniform, i.e.), makes it look like she was willing to live with him. I mean, really, I don't remember anyone mentioning she did that. Rika was "Mii" for the most first days she was held captive.
Dec 3, 2020 10:01 AM

Dec 2015
rafaelfserafim said:
There's one thing that really bugged me out: Satoko came back to grab her things and leave to live with her uncle. I don't recall her doing that at all. Teppei found her on her way from the barbecue and took her unwillingly. She coming back to get her stuff, even though it makes a little sense (uniform, i.e.), makes it look like she was willing to live with him. I mean, really, I don't remember anyone mentioning she did that. Rika was "Mii" for the most first days she was held captive.

She also told the worker or whatever that he didn't do anything to her, and she went to school without escaping or trying to get help.
Dec 3, 2020 10:14 AM

Jun 2020
I really liked this episode especially the last sequence. It was pretty much similar to the OG but they cut out the flashbacks which I'm glad they did. Because that would cause unnecessary problems ahead as we've seen in the OG

Dec 3, 2020 10:15 AM

Sep 2008

Watching Satoko panicking was painfull to watch
but I like it how it was done here than in OG...

Everything happened so fast, this ep feels so short...
I want new episode right now!
Dec 3, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2019
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
rafaelfserafim said:

She also told the worker or whatever that he didn't do anything to her, and she went to school without escaping or trying to get help.
Ah, yes, I forgot she actually was, kind of, staying with him willingly. So it makes sense that she comes back to grab her belongings, even though it was never mentioned before but in Tatarigoroshi rumors were that she was locked, so it's a little different. This time Rika talked instead, since they were not going through the mystery of why she's not going to school again anyways.

rafaelfserafimDec 3, 2020 10:25 AM
Dec 3, 2020 10:26 AM

May 2018
Scene at the beginning...

Detective Oishi is again a bit more mean than usual in "Tatari"-something chapter... The nickname Familiar of Oyashiro-sama is not mentioned before, as far as I know. Kinda funny, but I guess not important info.

Dec 3, 2020 10:35 AM

Sep 2008
I wonder...
Dec 3, 2020 10:39 AM
Jul 2020
That's sad. I almost started crying :(. How do people do that to children? I want to punch her uncle so hard rn.
Dec 3, 2020 10:43 AM

Aug 2015
Also, Funimation's quality translation strikes again:

It's meant to be "step-father", not "real father", that's what Rika said ("義理のお父さん” or "giri no otousan")
Dec 3, 2020 10:44 AM
Oct 2020
ssjokg said:

In VN, she also first pushes K1 hand away. But I very like idea about pretending. For what purpose? I dont know.
Dec 3, 2020 10:48 AM

Aug 2009
ovy7 said:

It's meant to be "step-father", not "real father", that's what Rika said ("義理のお父さん” or "giri no otousan")

Shh, be quiet. You will rustle the jimmies of her fans.
Dec 3, 2020 10:51 AM

Aug 2017
Hopefully this arc will end soon so we can get to the good stuff. That uncle needs to die tho.
Dec 3, 2020 11:09 AM

Jul 2008
ovy7 said:

Also not sure why "ototoshi no fuyu" kept being translated as "last winter."

[Also, the translator on Twitter said a mistake had been pointed out to her and it would be updated in the subs shortly. I want to assume it is the step/real father line.]
Gar_LoganDec 3, 2020 11:14 AM
Dec 3, 2020 11:14 AM

Aug 2009
Gar_Logan said:
ovy7 said:

Also not sure why "ototoshi no fuyu" kept being translated as "last winter."

I guess Funimation's fans cant count further than a year in the past.
Dec 3, 2020 11:22 AM
Oct 2020
Seeing Satoko cry breaks my heart, I hope they help her in the next episode cause that uncle is dangerous.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.