Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, you can see how uncomfortable Miyuki is during that undressing scene even if it's a robot undressing.

Seems Tatsuya and the others came up with a plan to deal with the parasite threat once and for all. As expected, he also challenges what's ahead of him without fear.
Nov 21, 2020 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
Sister needs to act "stupid" (like a wife of Shiba family should act...), but she wants to be able to love main guy, too.

Main guy asking maid robot w. the soul of the enemy about the enemy: how they get into the body and if they have mind of grouping.

Time for new bodies to wake up?

Capturing other souls using maid robot.

A girl visiting Hikasa-san's character's boss to request to stop their mission.

The three guys w. the souls really came to retrieve maid robot, who refuses to leave, though.

They think they, mages, and humans are different. After the talk, the battle. Their heart is the weak point?

That feeling of wanting to be useful for main guy (the same sensing as valentine's day) released power for robot?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 21, 2020 8:00 AM

Feb 2018
Even though Pixie is a robot but she was a girl lol. So this is about Honoka and Miyuki, nice triangle love but Pixie is a mvp in this eps. Kuroba Ayako, this girl is still mysterious. I'm still looking forward to the next episode. Can anyone explain Honoka's magic in the last scene?

Hold one sec, Fujibayashi called the blind sorcerer was Oji-sama? they have a special relationship, or it's just misunderstanding.

Nov 21, 2020 9:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Strong incest vibes and jealousy, as usual, Miyuki is never disappointing.
That end of episode was totally epic in terms of action and soundtracks tbh
Nov 21, 2020 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
This alone is why Mahouka peak fiction https://imgur.com/a/428Ig8t

Another week. Another 1000/10 Mahouka episode. AOTS.

So we learnt some important information about the parasites and their efforts to take over the various “bodies” that people have as well as got to see the Yotsuba clan making their moves behind the scenes. Pretty dialogue heavy setup episode, but it’s important stuff to know.

Then at the end we get pixie using magic that looks like it resonated with Honoka somehow. Curious to learn more about that next week too.
Nov 21, 2020 9:35 AM

Nov 2014
Tbh after first season I barely remembered Honoka existed, but now she has a lot of nice scenes.
When they drop some strange development at the end of episode I wish they at least gave us general idea wtf happened...
Nov 21, 2020 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
Nice to see Kuroba Ayako in this episode. I loved the way she was talking to Balance.

Pixie using magic at the end. Now everyone will be interested in her.
LeoNov 21, 2020 9:44 AM

Nov 21, 2020 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
Well aren't those parasites just creepy lol. Better episode then last week for sure.
Nov 21, 2020 10:17 AM

Oct 2017
Woa not even a glimpse of lina in the entire episode.

Interesting, so looks like the parasyte can even sync with their host's magic. Now we truly have two Honoka with us.

Really appreciate the Miyuki fanservice and XD let's not talk about what she was thinking.
Nov 21, 2020 10:30 AM

Sep 2019
Loved the start of this episode.
Nov 21, 2020 10:34 AM

Sep 2014
Well Miyuki was pretty clear about her intentions. And she even got jealous at the undressing robot. All the more reason to wonder why she supports Honoka.

The parasites this time were pretty weak, considering how much trouble they had last time. Kinda weird that Tatsuya let Honoka handle one of them though, I guess they knew this was an easier task?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 21, 2020 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
They really dont give a F about incest, they letting it all hang out lol...These writers fantasies are cringeworthy.....
Nov 21, 2020 11:02 AM

Aug 2008
I gotta be honest that Miyuki scene at the beginning made me very uncomfortable. I mean till now it's sorta been on the level of a wee boy wanting to marry his mommy when he grows up but ehm this... was very cringy. If they had at least given a bit of background info or some kinda hint to how this had come about (because clearly there is some weird stuff happening with the Yotsuba family with Miyuki being a " princess" and Tatsuya not being worth the dirt under his aunts shoes for some reason...) it would have made it a bit easier (possibly?) but this was just very off putting not gonna lie. The rest was fine...?
Nov 21, 2020 11:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Miyuki has quite the struggle though. She has to appear competent for the family but yet appearing reliable enough so that Tatsuya can stay with her. Have to say in this season they're really trying hard to simplify the expositions. Miyuki and Honoka's tag team on Tatsuya to stop him from seeing Pixie change sure was amusing. Maya though sure is playing a high level game telling the USNA to stop their ops. Ayako despite her young age really excels at pushing people's buttons. The colonel really had no chance outwitting her. Still aside from that there's certainly a lot of eyes on the hunt for the parasites though not all are friendly. Despite the short amount of time she lived in this world the pixie parasite sure developed a strong desire to live as a new being. Tatsuya's snarky response to Marte's offer though lol. Though the fight between Tatsuya's team and Marte's was brief its interesting to see just how strong Honoka's desire was that enabled Pixie to push back her attacker.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2020 11:24 AM

Dec 2014
Came for the Onii-sama, stayed for the Miyuki fan service. Great stuff, more of where that came from please. (:

Tatsuya being the cool guy during that confrontation. xD
Nov 21, 2020 11:26 AM

Jun 2017
There are no brakes on the Alabama train. Honoka and Miyuki having a simp contest for Tatsuya was hilatious as usual.

I wonder if people are already drawing lewd fanart of Pixie. 🤔

Those parasites really got rekt easily now that their trick is figured out.
Nov 21, 2020 11:47 AM

Jul 2019
Miyuki is back and she still is annoying brocon. She really should not exist
Nov 21, 2020 12:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
MomoSinX said:
There are no brakes on the Alabama train.

At the rate this is going, Mahouka might deliver what Oreimo didn't dare to. Miyuki is all in for O N I I - S A M A.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 21, 2020 12:05 PM

Apr 2015
Them scenes before the OP, god damn Miyuki fanservice! Let's go!

But let's not think too much about what she said there.. Just let Honoka have him instead. Also getting jealous cause of a robot undressing. The girl got issues but damn I love her anyway XD

Honoka was damn adorable this episode. She has a lot more presence this season and I am all for it. So precious! That face was begging for a headpat!

So Pixie having this connection with Honoka is fascinating. This is the second time that Pixie reacted to a peak of emotion from Honoka, which made her able to use Honoka's magic. Or atleast that's what I think is what happened. Way to end it there as well.
Nov 21, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2020
Mad Miyuki is pretty cute not gonna lie. Kinda getting used to seeing that every week now.

"I belong to my brother, body and soul" - Miyuki. Think we already knew that but cool.

Well Tatsuya beat the parasites...like we didn't know that was gonna happen.

Pixie used magic...interesting development!

OK episode :)

Nov 21, 2020 12:30 PM
Jan 2015
Kotoha said:
I gotta be honest that Miyuki scene at the beginning made me very uncomfortable. I mean till now it's sorta been on the level of a wee boy wanting to marry his mommy when he grows up but ehm this... was very cringy. If they had at least given a bit of background info or some kinda hint to how this had come about (because clearly there is some weird stuff happening with the Yotsuba family with Miyuki being a " princess" and Tatsuya not being worth the dirt under his aunts shoes for some reason...) it would have made it a bit easier (possibly?) but this was just very off putting not gonna lie. The rest was fine...?
Hopefully if they ever decide to adapt volume 8, you'll get the background info you need.
My Queens

Nov 21, 2020 1:17 PM

Jun 2020
Ah mad incest vibes at the beginning there, ditch Tatsuya and just fuck me instead Miyuki
This anime shit is addictive
Nov 21, 2020 2:01 PM

Jul 2017
Honoka's magic is great. I love how Pixie refused to leave the host she is currently in. I find it interesting how they went out to look for their other comrade. I also love how Honoka's feelings and emotions can be emitted and Pixie to pick them up. I'm interested on how next episode is gonna play out though.

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 21, 2020 3:27 PM
Jul 2020
For anyone who sees this: the epitome of a hypocrite (also sorry, I really feel like venting this shit)
A few hours ago my friend watched this episode and said it was (and I quote), "So freaking good omg this show is def going on my favorites list when it's over!!" I obviously don't have an issue with that since I agree, it is really good. The problem I have is that this bitch hates Sword Art Online with a passion due to the "incest" (that was manifested mostly by watchers) in it. Like what!?!? Is she not paying attention to what the hell happens in LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE EPISODE!?!??!
Nov 21, 2020 3:45 PM

Feb 2014
Out came the Chinese necromancer aka parasite and was done in in just a single take. XD

Also Ayako Kuroba is peak gothic.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 21, 2020 3:51 PM

Mar 2020
So Miyuki is forced to hide things from Onii-sama because of the family. We have more parasites now that want to recover the parasite than this one at Pixie.
And as always, the moments of envy and disputes for the attention of Onii-sama.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 21, 2020 4:27 PM
Nov 2014
Godsuya vs foolish parasites scums who only has knives to protect themselves. They even dare to call Godsuya a fool, the biggest sin of them all.

The end result was expected with Godsuya disposing most of the trash but it was interesting to see honoka awakening her more offensive power.
Nov 21, 2020 4:35 PM
Aug 2018
This show started off strong but it has gotten fairly boring. It feels as though they have already addressed most of the plot elements they introduced and there isn't much left to see.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Nov 21, 2020 4:42 PM
Dec 2019
A nice episode overall. The incest is strong this episode(not that i'm complaining). I'm disappointed that they skipped the Erika scene :(
Nov 21, 2020 5:46 PM

Dec 2010
Lovely episode, we finally get to see how Tatsuya is adapting and creating new magic to counter the parasite as well as Pixie "evolving".
Cameos of Erika, Kudou, Kyouko, and Kuroba which is nice. They are bound to show up again.

eWEQRW123123 said:
This show started off strong but it has gotten fairly boring. It feels as though they have already addressed most of the plot elements they introduced and there isn't much left to see.

The main fight hasn't even started yet hahahahaha

Syureria said:

Hold one sec, Fujibayashi called the blind sorcerer was Oji-sama? they have a special relationship, or it's just misunderstanding.

No he is literally her uncle. Her clan is a branch family of Kudou.

The people here that still can't get used to the relationship between Tatsuya and Miyuki, I wonder what your reaction will be when
Nov 21, 2020 5:57 PM
Jan 2015
booyah10 said:
No he is literally her uncle. Her clan is a branch family of Kudou.
*Grandfather, but yeah the Fujibayashi clan is a branch family of the Kudou. And Lina is actually her second cousin too.
-MahesvaraNov 21, 2020 6:00 PM
My Queens

Nov 21, 2020 7:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, the length of a parasite issue expand to new whole level by making Pixie into contacted to her former comrades. It seemed they wanted to negotiate first. But ofc its not easy to convince God, by taking those cheap bargaining as their demands. Yeah, Godsuya, you were, they just fools if they thought you wanted to accept those. The reason behind him to hit their heart was quite phylosophical. Even a spirit being like them, absurdly annoyed if their 'feeling' deep at their heart got struck by those immense power. Ofc they both felt so hurts. What a great way to stop their movement!

Its looked like Pixie now has been awakened her own light magic too that obviously connected to Honoka's magic. Its like, why she acted like her in the previous episode, the magic also resonated with each others. Good, she was Honoka afterall. Okay, understandable issue. But those parasite woman was just stupid enough to just threw the knife randomly, you just slice them at CQC, damn parasite!

The conversation between Colonel and the representative of Yotsuba family was quite funny too. I thought those Colonel got dumped already. But its looks like, she was powerful enough to flew away and survived against Yotsuba's interuption. Well, a case closed for USNA curiosity to defeat Godsuya, i guessed. But, where was Lina? Poor her!

Oh right, i may pretend the first part as a fanservice. Its looks better if i just ignored all of Mitsuki lines there. She looked so desperate to only bang with the god. Poor her too! xd

Okay episode, i think. So lets see the next then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 21, 2020 7:40 PM

May 2015
so pixie is honoka's stand
wheres lina
yotsuba's rep is a cutie
Nov 21, 2020 9:38 PM
Mar 2015
Miyuki is headed for a problem in her future
Yotsuba steps in to allow our boy to act freely
Nov 21, 2020 10:14 PM
Apr 2020
After this episode
In this series most hatred person for me is miyuki
Nov 22, 2020 1:34 AM

Jul 2015
honestly amused by how degarding they are the americans xD
anyways, a pretty nice episode and somehow i was getting the stuff they were talking about!
Jesus MC is still the Messiah but meh, he is still cool to look at beating asses of everyone.
no Lisa Lisa in this episode.. kinda missed her tsun
Nov 22, 2020 7:47 AM
Sep 2016
Kotoha said:

The Mahouka anime basically skipped Volume 8, which is the backstory of the siblings. Miyuki's simping for Tatsuya is explained there. If you are interested you can read the volume or a summary of it.

As for Miyuki being a "princess", thats because she is a candidate to be next head of the Yotsuba Family.

If you dont like the Alabama train here you might want to stop watching.
Nov 22, 2020 8:29 AM
Nov 2015
Abhinandan2002 said:
After this episode

Just because she is in love with her brother? Really?
Nov 22, 2020 9:59 AM

Oct 2013
RikaGe said:
Abhinandan2002 said:
After this episode

Riiiight! I don't hate her, who cares if she wants to do her brother. It's called wincest for a reason.

Besides she's literally the only person on Earth he can ever have feelings for since he has no emotions for anyone else and she clearly is one of the few that actually truly truly cares for him no matter what and is always watching out for him.
So I'm down for a little alabama slam session!
Besides all the other girls suck dirty donkey taint, besides Erika she cool.

Also it's a nice change of pace for the lead harem girl to be the sister!
Besides this show what other sister has actually gotten with or stood a chance with the MC (that wasn't a hentai) I can think of Oriemo and Eden of Grisaia. Normally sister and childhood friends get the blue hair treatment!
So I'm good with the avant garde love choice, wanna fight about it?!?!
Collins89Nov 22, 2020 10:15 AM
Nov 22, 2020 10:43 AM
Apr 2018
- 08:00 "ONIISAMA, How can you watch that so calmly?"
Nov 22, 2020 11:21 AM
Sep 2016
Collins89 said:
RikaGe said:

Riiiight! I don't hate her, who cares if she wants to do her brother. It's called wincest for a reason.

Besides she's literally the only person on Earth he can ever have feelings for since he has no emotions for anyone else and she clearly is one of the few that actually truly truly cares for him no matter what and is always watching out for him.

Besides this show what other sister has actually gotten with or stood a chance with the MC (that wasn't a hentai) I can think of Oriemo and Eden of Grisaia. Normally sister and childhood friends get the blue hair treatment!

Imagine people hating ASOIAF because the Targaryens love incest lol.

There is Ero-Manga Sensei, but i think he was a step-sister.

Also, for what you said about the siblings

Nov 22, 2020 12:39 PM

May 2018
Don't tell me that Pixie just absorbed Honoka's powers.
Nov 22, 2020 1:19 PM

Apr 2018
That start of the episode tho. Towards the end, it was epic seeing Tatsuya, Pixie, Miyuki, and Honoka fighting all those parasites. Pixie reacts to Honoka's powers or something.
Nov 22, 2020 2:31 PM

Oct 2013
Siegfried10 said:
Collins89 said:

Truth, GOT comment is on point!
Yeah ero-manga is step siblings.
Nov 22, 2020 3:47 PM
Sep 2016
Collins89 said:
Siegfried10 said:

Truth, GOT comment is on point!
Yeah ero-manga is step siblings.

Nov 22, 2020 4:12 PM
Aug 2019
This show is going in the complete opposite direction of where I want it to go :(.
Nov 22, 2020 4:58 PM
Oct 2020
Miyuki: I don't want anyone but my onii-sama to touch me. Because, I belong to my onii-sama, body and soul.

Yes, You're right miyuki.

I wish they will adapt vol 16 in the future
Nov 22, 2020 11:36 PM

Jan 2018
This is the episode i like so far.
Nov 23, 2020 2:32 AM

Nov 2013
Some recap of that conversation between Colonel and the Yotsubas agent.

Yotsubas: Stay in your lane
USNA: Fine

Loool loved that, but damn are the Yotsuba’s scary.

Also, looks like they’re finally revealing more about Miyuki... really hope they end up adapting more in the future!
Nov 23, 2020 9:51 AM

Sep 2020
It was an alright episode, but the oniisama business is honestly... how should I put it without sounding too harsh... distasteful, that's the word.

Like... if this show would focus less on the harem aspect, the filler characters and everybody having a major crush on Godsuya... then it would probably be more than just a pretty show with great music. To me at least.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

83 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

88 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2020

82 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:51 AM

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

z00nex - Oct 3, 2020

160 by amf85 »»
Feb 29, 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.