Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ye, this parasite problem with people wondering why it even exists in their region or world.

Everyone seems so tense about the parasite problem such as Erika, Miki, etc. I'm not surprised to see Tatsuya keeping a close eye on Lina especially after the recent events that went down. And seriously, Erika is the type that jumps into action without realizing the risk.

A very tense episode.
Oct 31, 2020 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
The girl in the US reporting what she heard. Black hole theory? Pull in power that magic cannot control...

Truck going past a wall and few people sensed it. The girl working for Hikasa-san's character is the enemy and even Hikasa-san's character didn't know.

Main guy and that girl who has special eyesights saw the enemy.

It found a new body.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 31, 2020 8:59 AM

Feb 2018
surprise, Parasites on the school. Shibata and Mikihiko, you're mvp in this episode.

Looks like the parasite got into the robot in the laboratory.

Oct 31, 2020 10:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Tatsuya definitely saved Mizuki and Mikihiko, well sure that Mizuki had guts, they didn't really succeded against that parasite but at least nobody is dead
Oct 31, 2020 10:37 AM

Aug 2013
Yep, Shizuku was a bit drunk. XD

The parasite problem is getting serious now and good thing no one was hurt this time.

That ending... looking forward to that.

Oct 31, 2020 10:38 AM

Feb 2019
Mahouka Saturdays baby we move. Great episode as usual. First 5-10 minutes felt like I was back in a physics classroom, but it was very useful for understanding the parasites, their origins and the magic system in the series. We all know by now that Mahouka is dialogue heavy and explains things a lot, so nothing should be a surprise there.

They didn’t manage to defeat the parasite today, but there were definitely lessons learnt. Week after week we’re seeing more and more of Tatsuya’s character development. He didn’t wanna use the technique that could’ve destroyed the parasite as it would’ve injured his friends/destroyed surrounding area.

Can’t wait for next week.
Oct 31, 2020 10:48 AM
Jan 2015
Marinate1016 said:
He didn’t wanna use the technique that could’ve destroyed the parasite.
I think there was a problem with the subs there, cause he doesn't have the ability to destroy the parasites right now.
My Queens

Oct 31, 2020 11:06 AM

Feb 2019
-Mahesvara said:
Marinate1016 said:
He didn’t wanna use the technique that could’ve destroyed the parasite.
I think there was a problem with the subs there, cause he doesn't have the ability to destroy the parasites right now.

I watch the Japanese
Oct 31, 2020 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Shizuku was totally drunk. xD
I liked the conversation about the 4th dimension and some of the "science" behind magic in the world. It was pretty interesting.

Parasite action sequences were pretty cool, unfortunately it got away and found a new host.
Oct 31, 2020 11:11 AM
Jan 2015
Marinate1016 said:
-Mahesvara said:

I watch the Japanese
Huh maybe it was a script error then. Well still he can't destroy them. Its one of the main reasons they're such a threat, they almost impossible to kill.
My Queens

Oct 31, 2020 11:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given Mayumi's past role as student council president she's the most suitable for commanding the op while Jumanji and Erika lead the teams on the ground. Her little planned revenge though is adorable to see. Drunk Shizuku though is amusing. Erika's denial sure was cute. Hmm Miki and Mizuki huh. Tatsuya and Miyuki's departure from the roof with flying magic sure was dramatic. Though the combat was brief it showed well not only the capability of Erika and Miki but also of the parasites as well. But the subsequent operation to take down the parasite sure was a tense one. Mizuki though sure was brave in taking that risk to locate it. Overall an excellent ep that combined excellent lore expansion, combat and plot advancement. Though now at least Erika and co know that Lina is not a hostile. Looking forward to seeing Pixie's intro next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2020 11:57 AM
Jun 2015
It is just me or this episode feel quite very differently? The way camera move, or scene is presented, Miuyki looks way older but still have her very young and high pitched voice.
Oct 31, 2020 12:19 PM

Mar 2020
Everyone else : Intense fight with the parasites

Me : Can't wait for Valentines day
Oct 31, 2020 12:30 PM

Aug 2008
Drunk Shizuku was hilarious. xD And seeing the interaction between Miki & Mizuki was very cute. Poor Honoka getting left behind on the roof. For a second I thought she might turn up and get possessed by the parasite. Very interesting to see that the parasite choose a humanoid robot as it's next host. I wonder how that works.
Oct 31, 2020 12:56 PM

Sep 2019
They found out who the parasite is but she almost killed them all. The arc’s coming to an end.
Oct 31, 2020 1:04 PM

Aug 2020
This is getting more interesting.
Parasites from other dimension?
Black hole theories?
That's a lot of new things...
And How the hell do they make those a**es look juicy
Oct 31, 2020 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode!

Shizuku drunk was something else, besides that she was still able to give Tatsuya some usefull information, eventho she was tripping over her words at times. It was super cute though.

We can atleast say that Mizuki won't be part of Tatsuya's harem. The interactions between her and Miki were really nice to watch. Loved it. I do have questions why Honoka was with Tatsuya and Miyuki on the roof.

Interesting battle against the parasite, it went and tried to find a new host after it got cornered and damaged. It found an interesting new host, the 3H from which I forgot it's name, cause I recall it having one. EDIT: after some quick researching, it's name is Pixie.
Oct 31, 2020 1:48 PM
Mar 2015
The parasite is a tricksy bastard
Oct 31, 2020 2:10 PM
Jan 2015
CeddyyBearr said:
I do have questions why Honoka was with Tatsuya and Miyuki on the roof.
They were eating lunch. As to why it was the three of them...

My Queens

Oct 31, 2020 2:42 PM

May 2018
Wlep, still in that parasite arc and nothing new, except for a Shibata and Mikihiko romance.
Oct 31, 2020 2:48 PM

Jul 2019
About theory parts, my mind is blowed up can someone explain me in a simple way?
Oct 31, 2020 3:09 PM

Apr 2015
-Mahesvara said:
CeddyyBearr said:
I do have questions why Honoka was with Tatsuya and Miyuki on the roof.

Ah I see, I take it that it was just some details left out from the novels. Other than Erika saying it was awkward for her being around Tatsuya, I didn't see anything else that implied this at all, unless I was blind. Thanks for the information, it makes a lot more sense now!
Oct 31, 2020 3:21 PM
Jan 2015
CeddyyBearr said:
-Mahesvara said:

Ah I see, I take it that it was just some details left out from the novels. Other than Erika saying it was awkward for her being around Tatsuya, I didn't see anything else that implied this at all, unless I was blind. Thanks for the information, it makes a lot more sense now!
Yeah, no biggie. Me and some other people on the mahouka discord pointed that a lot of people might be confused as to why Miyuki and Honoka were wrapped around Tatsuya on the school roof, it'd seem pretty random with the context taken out lol.
My Queens

Oct 31, 2020 4:21 PM

Mar 2020
Drunk Shizuku is very cute.
Mikihiko x Mizuki is always comforting, not to mention that they seem to be the most apt to fight against the parasite, fighting against something you can't see is difficult.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Oct 31, 2020 4:32 PM

Feb 2013
Grontan said:
About theory parts, my mind is blowed up can someone explain me in a simple way?

Don't think too much about it.
Just enjoy the magic fights.
Oct 31, 2020 4:48 PM
Nov 2014
Godsuya getting all the hot bitches hahaha, Miyuki and Honoka in both hands what a pimp he is.

Parasite got no chance against Godsuya alone and yet it's still resisting.
Oct 31, 2020 5:21 PM

Sep 2017
I need the BGMs name from around 9th minute, that shiet was FIRE.
It's YA BOI.
Oct 31, 2020 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
This anime would be great, if this incest shit doesn't exist. I mean dude his sister is on love with his own brother wtf. I never understand the sexualization of underage girls in anime shows.
removed-userOct 31, 2020 7:30 PM
Oct 31, 2020 7:57 PM

Jun 2017
Drunk Shizuku was precious.

Grontan said:

Assuming I understood the gist of it right, basically the theory is that magic power and gravity itself comes from literally a different dimension, the main dimension only has them because they seep through the dimensional walls as an after effect.

Imagine one strong magnet in a cup next to an empty cup. You will be able to pick up the magnetic influence in the empty cup with a measuring tool but you can't directly interact with the source which comes from elsewhere.

Now they did that mini black hole experiment (to harness energy/gravity/magic directly from the source) which seemed to confirm the theory and probably that's how the parasites which seem like some kind of energy being escaped into their world.

Oct 31, 2020 11:39 PM
Apr 2018
-Mahesvara said:
CeddyyBearr said:
Yeah, no biggie. Me and some other people on the mahouka discord pointed that a lot of people might be confused as to why Miyuki and Honoka were wrapped around Tatsuya on the school roof, it'd seem pretty random with the context taken out lol.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss!
I thought, HONOKA was clinging to GODSUYA to seek protection ; Sure she must have been scared by that presence.
Oct 31, 2020 11:41 PM
Apr 2018
-- 01:00 "On valentine day, i'll give you the bitterest chocolate ever!"
-- 03:33
TATSUYA : You already have something? That's great.
SHIZUKU : Praise me some more.
TATSUYA : You're really impressive, SHIZUKU.
----------------------------------------------
"Extradimensional theory postulates that our universe is like a thin film of 3D space enclosed within a higher-dimensional world where the only physical force that can overcome the dimensional walls is gravity. Put another way, the theory is that because gravity leaks a large portion of its energy into other dimensions, we can only observe it in this dimension as a much weaker force that it actually is."

"Magic isn't constrained by Law of conservation of energy."

"Magic is drawing energy from a different dimension without breaking that wall."
-----------------------------------------------
- 07:50 MIYUKI's worried with what TATSUYA said.
- 08:40 "That's why when i saw him helping that girl, i got ticked off and felt like calling him a two-timer."
- 11:40 Take GODSUYA's shelter and you will be safe. ;)
- 18:24 "Useless..."

- 21:42 "If i'd used Gram Demolition then, the parasite would've been blown away."

TATSUYA has finally made his resolve, i think.
Oct 31, 2020 11:54 PM
Apr 2018
Grontan said:

Extradimensional theory postulates that our universe is like a thin film of 3D space enclosed within a higher-dimensional world where the only physical force that can overcome the dimensional walls is gravity. Put another way, the theory is that because gravity leaks a large portion of its energy into other dimensions, we can only observe it in this dimension as a much weaker force that it actually is."

- Magic isn't constrained by Law of conservation of energy.
- Magic is drawing energy from a different dimension without breaking that wall.

Nov 1, 2020 12:05 AM

Dec 2010
I can't wait for the doll to appear in the next episodes!!!

The parasite is basically a being from another dimension if I understood it correctly.
The blackhole just made a literal hole for them to enter their dimension.
Nov 1, 2020 12:09 AM

Mar 2017
I read the light novel so I know what happened but that random scene where Miyuki and Honoka wrapped their arm on Tatsuya was so stupid it makes that funny. I thought they'd end the episode with a cliffhanger when the parasite was about to hit Mizuki but I guess that ending makes sense. It'll be a huge disappointment in the next episode if the cliffhanger on this episode was big only to be brushed away in a couple seconds.

Lol at Tatsuya said "useless" to Lina.

booyah10 said:
The parasite is basically a being from another dimension if I understood it correctly.

I believe so yeah, hence this arc is called "Visitor arc".
BlueIsLoveNov 1, 2020 12:13 AM
Nov 1, 2020 1:00 AM

Aug 2020
I need help to understand something. In that theory about the Black Hole, Parasites and another dimension stuff, magic in Mahouka Koukou is from their world itself or it's extracted in another dimension with the technology help?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2020 1:52 AM

Jul 2015
You guys noticed that there is actually quite a lot of comic relief moments in this sequel, while in prevuous series there was only one scene that could be considered as such in the whole 24 episodes?
That's a huge upgrade.

Nov 1, 2020 2:05 AM

Jan 2018
It seems they don't have a magic police/authorities. Why are high school students the one dealing with the parasite?
I wonder why they are still in school if theyre really that strong.
Nov 1, 2020 5:14 AM
Jan 2015
Iroha_Pixie said:
It seems they don't have a magic police/authorities. Why are high school students the one dealing with the parasite?
The police are also involved, Erika's oldest brother is leading their investigation(if you remember in the earlier episode where they visit Leo in the hospital, he's there with his partner wiretapping the room and gathering intel).They just don't get to much focus, because they're not that important to the plot. Also these high schoolers are from the magic clans and their power and influence go above the law and they move as they see fit as long as it's in Japan's best interest. As for why they are still is school:

1. They still require a proper education for both magic and normal courses.

2. They still need to take all the required steps to obtain their magic licenses.

3. Even if they could skip, they don't want to.
My Queens

Nov 1, 2020 6:00 AM
Jan 2015
Also some clarification for that ending monologue from Tatsuya:
My Queens

Nov 1, 2020 7:00 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Now thats getting an interested part already with the whole parasitic thing. But, honestly i never expected these show to took a part at that supernatural being. Like, yes, its already showed a spirit. But, the whole blackhole research that took them into another dimension just to sucked some magical power. Its like, hmm, was these really a modern magic afterall? Ah whatever with these so called Sci-fi, because its looks more nonsense than i thought....

Okay, back to the episode. The explanations about the start of the incident already been disclosed. Not sure how that little girl looks like that, even the director had no interest to dug into her weird look. Ah, okay on point again! Then, the elitist talked about the next plan, and Erika felt jealous? No kidding, another excuse. But the whole problem happen after that. And yes, the eyeglasses girl took an important role on these episode! Even though i still don't believed how that thing could even possible, like, she made it through the radiation of the parasite. Ah yes, maybe that thing that Miki gave to her. But what was that? Still, its good to see someone had a great role rather than just wishes Godsuya annihiliated that being in one blew. Good choice, still lame because they got saved by the God at the end! But that last scene, tho. Never knew it had an ability to posessed the robot too. Damn must be really hard to get rid!

Intermezzo a bit. Honoka, what were you doing in the roof? Disturbed a romance between the two siblings? And yes you get the Karma after that! Seriously its random, and idk why i need to mention it here, because its really funny xD.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 1, 2020 7:58 AM

May 2014
badabass said:
But, honestly i never expected these show to took a part at that supernatural being.

Well, we do know that there are at least 12 dimensions and we can only perceive 4. It was actually a decent way for the author to explain where magic comes from without being too unscientific.

I don't recall the exact explanation, but from what I understood in the novel they said that parasites are basically information bodies (lumps of magic) with some basic instincts. Imagine it like magic bacteria. It constantly radiates pushions (which are similar to psions used in magic, but magicians can't use it for spells), but these particles aren't necessarily harmful to humans.

Shibata perceives pushions as light, so she can withstand some of the radiation if her eyes adjust, and her glasses are there solely to filter some of that radiation.

Already happened but was cut:
So that's why Honoka was there with them.

Also a very minor spoiler about what happened in this fight:
Nov 1, 2020 8:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ishikami said:

Already happened but was cut:
So that's why Honoka was there with them.

Also a very minor spoiler about what happened in this fight:

Yeah, thanks to both of these explanatory note, and that first one too. It really help me to portrait whats goin on there, because somehow its miss. So much skippy skippy details and i really appreciated this kind of effort xD.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 1, 2020 8:20 AM
Jan 2015
PopeAyaya said:
I need help to understand something. In that theory about the Black Hole, Parasites and another dimension stuff, magic in Mahouka Koukou is from their world itself or it's extracted in another dimension with the technology help?
The magic power just naturally seeps through the gravitional wall separating dimensions, that's the in universe scientific theory behind it. And no, there is no technology used to extract it.
My Queens

Nov 1, 2020 8:35 AM

May 2018
At least the parasite wasn't a school student... oh
Nov 1, 2020 8:37 AM

May 2014
Piromysl said:
You guys noticed that there is actually quite a lot of comic relief moments in this sequel, while in prevuous series there was only one scene that could be considered as such in the whole 24 episodes?
That's a huge upgrade.

It's following the style of the novel. From here on out, comic moments (specially between Tatsuya and Miyuki) become a bit more frequent.

Iroha_Pixie said:

• The 10 major families basically have more authority than the police, when magic is involved (they have close ties with the army). And the school is in the joint jurisdiction of the Juumonji and Saegusa families. Katsuto Juumonji is the current head of the family, and although Mayumi is merely the third in line, she is pretty active in family matters.
  • Erika's oldest brother is a police detective, and her family makes weapons and trains policemen. She's also a master at her family's dojo.
  • Only those affiliated with Kazama's batallion in the army and Kokonoe sensei know this, but Tatsuya and Miyuki are in the Yotsuba family. Miyuki is the heir apparent. Tatsuya was trained for years to be her bodyguard.

PopeAyaya said:
In that theory about the Black Hole, Parasites and another dimension stuff, magic in Mahouka Koukou is from their world itself or it's extracted in another dimension with the technology help?
Usually magicians are born with a well developed zone of the brain that they use to 'calculate' spells, and they call it 'magic calculation area'. The CAD devices they use do the heavy lifting by calculating the fixed steps, but the magician still needs to calculate things like the point or area in space, duration, intensity, etc. The energy they use for magic they draw wholly from that other dimension.

MomoSinX said:

Assuming I understood the gist of it right, basically the theory is that magic power and gravity itself comes from literally a different dimension, the main dimension only has them because they seep through the dimensional walls as an after effect.

A different dimension is not like another 'plane', as you would call it in RPGs. It is literally what the name implies. We can perceive 4 dimensions (width, height, depth and time), but mathematicians theorized that there can be up to 12 dimensions.
Imagine that we're a dot in bidimensional plane, let's say, the position X=1,Y=0. Supposing we couldn't perceive the X dimension, we couldn't know what was there at X=0 and X=2, but it is still there.
IshikamiNov 1, 2020 8:57 AM
Nov 1, 2020 9:12 AM

Sep 2020
Mikihiko was MVP this episode and all that magic talk sounded like a bunch of TV no to me. I mean I'm glad it's explained, but at this point they could spout all kinds of nonsense, because in this show it would still make sense thanks to its worldbuilding. If they start calling out weird magical attack names nobody will question it, myself included. So I'm waiting to see some Magical Spanking and Slay Evil Immediately as well.
Nov 1, 2020 11:10 AM
Oct 2020
-Mahesvara said:
Also some clarification for that ending monologue from Tatsuya:

This is correct. The manga also talks about it physically blowing the informational body away helping it escape and Tatsuya being unable to actually solve the situation.
Nov 1, 2020 11:27 AM

Apr 2020
So the Japanese/American girl that was working with Lina, Mia, is dead right? How did Silvie find out that Mia was a parasite though?
RiceKnight59Nov 1, 2020 12:56 PM
Nov 1, 2020 11:31 AM
Jan 2015
RiceKnight59 said:
So the Japanese/American girl that was working with Lina, Mia, is dead right How did Silvie find out that Mia was a parasite though?
USNA has tech that can analyize and identify a mages psion signature. That's how Lina and company have been able to track the parasites so well up until now.
My Queens

Nov 1, 2020 12:57 PM

Apr 2020
-Mahesvara said:
RiceKnight59 said:
So the Japanese/American girl that was working with Lina, Mia, is dead right How did Silvie find out that Mia was a parasite though?
USNA has tech that can analyize and identify a mages psion signature. That's how Lina and company have been able to track the parasites so well up until now.

Gotcha. I take it Mia is dead then right?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

88 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2020

82 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:51 AM

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

z00nex - Oct 3, 2020

160 by amf85 »»
Feb 29, 6:36 PM

» Lina

Dabbingpotato - Feb 20

48 by TrickyHunter0506 »»
Feb 28, 10:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.