Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2020 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that's being a good guy. Keiichi defending Shion against those obnoxious guys shows how tough he is but also that he cares about his friend.

I thought the episode is alright, more darker storytelling revealed from the background narratives balanced by the light comedy. It still reflects on the recurring curse and the tragedies of those affected. The more Keiichi finds out about the truth, the deeper he goes into the rabbit hole.

Nov 5, 2020 7:02 AM

Feb 2018
16 June 1983

Thanks for the cream event, really.

Oyashiro-sama's curse, one person will die and one person will disappear. I think there will be more of that doll scene. The festival has started and Shion, Keiichi, Mio, Tomitake seem to be entering a forbidden room.

Nov 5, 2020 7:51 AM
Sep 2015
There are small, interesting differences from the original arc (Watanagashi Hen) compared to this one (Watadamashi hen).

Keiichi interaction with Shion in particular was quite refreshing to see.
Nov 5, 2020 7:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sweet moment with Shion, haha it's always amusing to see Mion and Shion confusing Keiichi.
And now the situation is tenser and tenser, so many memories from the original anime, next episode is going to be very interesting for sure
Nov 5, 2020 7:58 AM
Apr 2019
I think they added more scenes in this one compared to the DEEN Adaptation, though I couldn't be more certain if it was adapted from VN, or just anime original only. I feel like the interaction between Takano and Keiichi are more intense. At least we knew that Shion and Mion are not separate here.
Nov 5, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2019
Any episode with Shion in it is an an instant 10/10. Loved she and Keichi’s date moments today, they’re both so cute together.

With the way the episode ended, the slow motion and ED playing over the final scene, seems like we’re at a major crossroad here. Keichi’s choice to go into the shrine doesn’t look like it’ll have a good outcome. Just like the original. Remains to be seen how different it’ll be since this time around he gave Mion the doll. Higurashi gou is becoming the show I look most forward to watching every week.

Nice SHAFT reference too https://imgur.com/a/qzQP0Kf
Marinate1016Nov 5, 2020 8:31 AM
Nov 5, 2020 8:08 AM

Apr 2019
More Shion scenes this time around, she's cute as fuck. Though I worry what mion is going to do. The shouldn't have gone into the store house...

Nov 5, 2020 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Shion giving context to Keiichi about the villagers, much less the context about the control/manipulation of some kind...and with the rest, he's gonna be in for another wild ride just as is with Rena in Onidamashi-hen.

But for now, I'd guess the process is "wash, rinse and repeat" with Keiichi having fun with said central girl of the arc and keeping to the Studio Deen format as-is back in the day. The contrast between the sisters are sure as hell non-existent, but what jokes to confuse Keiichi, that's some funny moments.

Looks like the curse of Oyashiro-sama is still in effect: same setting, same circumstances, but what twist will Watadamashi-hen bring, is still up to decipher. "One person dies, and one person disappears"...who will be the ultimate sacrifices?

Tomitake and Takano playing a big part in this arc with Shion...the scare levels coming indefinitely for the unkempt MC.
Nov 5, 2020 8:16 AM
Oct 2020
I have a crazy theory

Nov 5, 2020 8:23 AM

Oct 2017
RangetsuStyle said:
I have a crazy theory

Yeah that could happen.
Nov 5, 2020 8:24 AM

Apr 2009
RangetsuStyle said:
I have a crazy theory

I don't think you can change the past.
Nov 5, 2020 8:31 AM

May 2020
KANLen09 said:
Shion giving context to Keiichi about the villagers, much less the context about the control/manipulation of some kind...and with the rest, he's gonna be in for another wild ride just as is with Rena in Onidamashi-hen.

But for now, I'd guess the process is "wash, rinse and repeat" with Keiichi having fun with said central girl of the arc and keeping to the Studio Deen format as-is back in the day. The contrast between the sisters are sure as hell non-existent, but what jokes to confuse Keiichi, that's some funny moments.

Looks like the curse of Oyashiro-sama is still in effect: same setting, same circumstances, but what twist will Watadamashi-hen bring, is still up to decipher. "One person dies, and one person disappears"...who will be the ultimate sacrifices?

Tomitake and Takano playing a big part in this arc with Shion...the scare levels coming indefinitely for the unkempt MC.

i can spoil for u rn hahaha
Nov 5, 2020 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
Natsude_tanaka said:
KANLen09 said:

i can spoil for u rn hahaha
THANKS BUT NO THANKS. OxO
Nov 5, 2020 8:34 AM

May 2020
man its just like the OG but with some new scenes
Nov 5, 2020 8:45 AM

Jan 2020
Man the facial expressions on Mion's and Shion's face when the detective drops by near the stairs kinda tell us a lot(but still who knows :p).

Overall good episode. Keiichi-kun really wanted to see Rika dance :c
Nov 5, 2020 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
***First - Timer

The constant lower face shots are being used so commonly that they are losing the initial meaning, or maybe they are meant to convey a different meaning from the get-go, I don't know? It is getting more confusing the more we are moving forward.

I think this show wants to explain the intervention of Oyashiro and its relative effects on the believers. Or find the fucking killer and then kill him, thus stopping someone's death(Rika, most probably).

Like in the previous episode, Where Keiichi was established as a sweet spotted insider/outsider, Shion's also seems to linger in a similar spot. She can also summon the yandere-esque mode yet still talk freely about the incidents of previous cases.

Let's see Rika's collection in the next episode. Is it corpses, S and M stuff, Ero Magazines, or someone's hand? I don't know.
Nov 5, 2020 8:48 AM

Dec 2015
Justinian2324 said:
I think they added more scenes in this one compared to the DEEN Adaptation, though I couldn't be more certain if it was adapted from VN, or just anime original only. I feel like the interaction between Takano and Keiichi are more intense. At least we knew that Shion and Mion are not separate here.

All of them are from the VN
Nov 5, 2020 8:49 AM

Dec 2015
mirakle5 said:
There are small, interesting differences from the original arc (Watanagashi Hen) compared to this one (Watadamashi hen).

What differences? (spoiler tag what you would say just in case)
Nov 5, 2020 8:53 AM

Dec 2015
Natsude_tanaka said:

It's as if this is meant for newcomers and old fans to enjoy, crazy idea right?
Nov 5, 2020 8:54 AM

May 2020
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

yeah but i feel like after this it will be diff because why dont they just show inside the shrine?
Nov 5, 2020 9:00 AM

Dec 2015
Natsude_tanaka said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

yeah but i feel like after this it will be diff because why dont they just show inside the shrine?

they'll show it in the next episode? idk how the things inside the shrine could change lol.
But yeah ofc some different/new things could happen like in the 1st arc.
Still my theory is
Nov 5, 2020 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
This stuck pretty close to the VN so there wasn't anything too interesting going on this week. But still a 10/10 episode because of ALL THAT SHION CONTENT uuggghhhh I love her so much
Nov 5, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2016
The otaku scene killed me, I hated it.
Nov 5, 2020 9:07 AM

Sep 2019
Keiichi finally accepted that Shion and Mion isn’t the same girl. Shion told about the Oyashiro-sama curse to Keiichi and they got in the storehouse. I wonder if it will go in the same direction with the original.
Nov 5, 2020 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
Hero_Luka said:

That scene was like half a minute here but it was like a full hour in the VN.
Nov 5, 2020 9:10 AM

Aug 2015
Man, I still need to get used to the CGI cars xD

Anyway, I really loved this episode. Seeing the interactions between Shion x Keiichi x Mion was really fun, I feel like some of the scenes are adapted from the VN (like the desert tasting one, which I honestly didn't expect to see adapted xD ), as I don't remember them in the OG anime.

For some reason, Takano's design reminds me of
, but I gotta say that she looks much younger lol (
).

The ending was really good, especially with the buildup using the outro song. Makes me wonder if Keiichi would actually continue this or back down in the next episode.

In the end I don't care if this episode had nothing new, honestly, this was really good and what I would want from a Higurashi remake (excluding the CGI cars).
Nov 5, 2020 9:16 AM

Aug 2018
That was a very creepy episode. Lots of strange happenings in Hinamizawa.
Nov 5, 2020 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
ovy7 said:

Anyway, I really loved this episode. Seeing the interactions between Shion x Keiichi x Mion was really fun, I feel like some of the scenes are adapted from the VN (like the desert tasting one, which I honestly didn't expect to see adapted xD ), as I don't remember them in the OG anime.

For some reason, Takano's design reminds me of
, but I gotta say that she looks much younger lol (
).

The ending was really good, especially with the buildup using the outro song. Makes me wonder if Keiichi would actually continue this or back down in the next episode.

In the end I don't care if this episode had nothing new, honestly, this was really good and what I would want from a Higurashi remake (excluding the CGI cars).

Yeah Takano was really beautiful this episode https://imgur.com/a/aHLLgJP
it was a great episode but i felt it was a little fast (i didn't watch the old anime so i'm just comparing with the VN) + would've liked if they included the club members fucking with the Otaku guys, i guess the episode is too short for that.
(and yeah those cars sucks)
Nov 5, 2020 9:19 AM

Jan 2020
I like how there's major differences throughout this season compared to the original. I did find it interesting that Shion asked for the same doll that Mion got from Keiichi.
ShengudNov 5, 2020 9:23 AM
Nov 5, 2020 9:22 AM

Dec 2015
Keirik said:
Hero_Luka said:

That scene was like half a minute here but it was like a full hour in the VN.

Because the club members gave them what they deserved lol
Nov 5, 2020 9:33 AM

Apr 2009
Takano looks like she is in her 20s and tomitake in his 50s
Nov 5, 2020 9:33 AM

Sep 2014
I don't think this is going actually to happen, but I just thought of something that would be really funny.

Other than that, the execution of this episode was pretty good imo. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Nov 5, 2020 9:34 AM

Dec 2015
Shengud said:
I like how there's major differences throughout this season compared to the original. I did find it interesting that Shion asked for the same doll that Mion got from Keiichi.

It was like that in the VN, not really a difference.
Nov 5, 2020 9:34 AM

Apr 2009
FlamepriesT said:
I don't think this is going actually to happen, but I just thought of something that would be really funny.

Other than that, the execution of this episode was pretty good imo. Looking forward to next week's episode.

You sir should write higurashi sequels.
Nov 5, 2020 9:43 AM
Oct 2019
After some time thinking about whether or not I should watch When They Cry I decided to give it a go or so I was going to. Now I'm just confused. Is this a remake of the first-ever season or a completely new sequel?
LickedNov 5, 2020 10:00 AM
Nov 5, 2020 9:53 AM
Nov 2019
J_acob said:
After some time thinking about whether or not I should watch When They Cry I decided to give it a go or so I was going to. Now I'm just confused. Is this a remake of the first-ever season or a completely new prequel?

This is a sequel, apparently. The ep 2 opening scene basically spoils a big part of the original anime, lol.
Nov 5, 2020 9:53 AM

Jan 2020
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
Shengud said:

It was like that in the VN, not really a difference.

Haven't played the VN, that's why it felt like a difference to me.
Nov 5, 2020 10:04 AM

Sep 2020
Hero_Luka said:

Nov 5, 2020 10:05 AM

Nov 2008
J_acob said:
After some time thinking about whether or not I should watch When They Cry I decided to give it a go or so I was going to. Now I'm just confused. Is this a remake of the first-ever season or a completely new prequel?

None of the above, it's like a sequel to season 2 that revisits season 1 but changes its events around to create new scenarios. I personally (personally) would recommend you either watch the original series or read the manga (or play the VNs if you have the time) first before going through Gou since I think the original Higurashi should be your first experience. Some will insist that it's totally fine to just start here and I guess they're not wrong exactly but the original will only enhance your experience with this.
Nov 5, 2020 10:05 AM
Oct 2019
ShiroNoFune said:
J_acob said:

This is a sequel, apparently. The ep 2 opening scene basically spoils a big part of the original anime, lol.

Whoops, I seem to have mixed up the word prequel and the word sequel. I'll edit my previous message now. Thanks for responding. I'll just watch the original and work my way up to this then.
Nov 5, 2020 10:08 AM
Sep 2015
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
mirakle5 said:

Nov 5, 2020 10:09 AM
Oct 2019
Keirik said:
J_acob said:

None of the above, it's like a sequel to season 2 that revisits season 1 but changes its events around to create new scenarios. I personally (personally) would recommend you either watch the original series or read the manga (or play the VNs if you have the time) first before going through Gou since I think the original Higurashi should be your first experience. Some will insist that it's totally fine to just start here and I guess they're not wrong exactly but the original will only enhance your experience with this.

Thank you! Your response was very helpful. I'll definitely start with the original series then.
Nov 2019
J_acob said:
ShiroNoFune said:

Whoops, I seem to have mixed up the word prequel and the word sequel. I'll edit my previous message now. Thanks for responding. I'll just watch the original and work my way up to this then.

I mean, other than that particular scene, I didn't see anything else that could be considered a spoiler.

I'd still watch the original just in case.

Nov 2008
mirakle5 said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

This is all stuff that happened in the VN so they're not really indicative of a different ending.
Nov 5, 2020 10:16 AM

Sep 2020
Thoughts so far:

Aww, they didn't show the entirety of the otaku scene.
The Shion and Keichi date was nice, and Mion freaking out was adorable. Seriously though, how dense is Keichi. Although now that I look back, the show was heavily hinting that Mion and Shion switched places. In the VN and original, there wasn't even a hint that a switch occurred.

There's not much to say since it is staying close to the Watanagashi-hen in the original. In fact, it's staying a bit too close to the original. We've already seen from the Onidamashi-hen that this anime is not afraid to completely ruin our conception of Higurashi.

I'm starting to think that this will lead to Watanagashi-hen.
Nov 5, 2020 10:33 AM

Dec 2015
mirakle5 said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

As someone else said already, all of this was in the VN so there's no differences between this and Watanagashi till now (except the doll ofc in the last episode).
Nov 5, 2020 10:36 AM
Feb 2017
Good episode overall, I'm liking the different approach to this arc. Also...
https://imgur.com/a/upi6g4X

I think Takano was under Shaft-sama's curse.
Nov 5, 2020 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
Ohhh so they really were different people. I was leaning more towards the theory that they were the same person with different personalities, so when Mion appeared it was kind of surprising haha.

With the Mion/Shion thing cleared up, I have to say that Shion is cheekier than she looked... and more suspicious. It was also nice to know that it was Mion who made the food for Keiichi but Mion being Mion... well, she is cute <3.

Fucking cliffhanger! That nurse really gives off some creepy vibes.
Nov 5, 2020 10:51 AM

Aug 2019
In the first episode I really thought it was only Mion the whole time, and Shion appeared by the end. If only I had read that part of the novel by that time... the scenes and reactions are basicly the same. Now I have to keep up and reach to Tatarigoroshi and beyond so I can tell the differences before they happen. I'm still at the Dessert Festa part, and my memories from the old anime can be deceiving.

FlamepriesT said:

Dude, I was about to write that down. That would be the biggest troll ever.
rafaelfserafimNov 5, 2020 2:21 PM
Nov 5, 2020 10:59 AM

Feb 2015
A nice episode :)
There were some differences to the og anime, but nothing new since these scenes were in the VN - it's great to see them animated tho!
I'm still waiting for the twist, let's see what happens :D

ovy7 said:

Yeah, those are pretty bad, even worse than in the Deen version - oof.
The only other thing that kinda bothers me is the constant changing of Shions (and Mions) breast size. When they're walking or just shown normally they look fine, but Shaft seems to double their size when they show these two in a close up - don't really like that, cause I've never been a fan of oversexualization :x
It's just a minor inconvenience tho ofc.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.