Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 25, 2020 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, we got the second half of this arc which continues off from the previous episode. Continuing on exploring the social class system, there's the idea about adoption.

Furthermore, the Moriarty family's past plays an important role to establish the characters as their identity and personalities. I also have to say that the pitchfork scene hit the marks for bringing out the psychological element of the show.
Oct 25, 2020 7:34 AM

Dec 2014
Great stuff again, this is very compelling.

Honestly, the Moriarty household rubbed me the wrong way as much as it did Albert, I can feel his frustration for not being able to do anything in the society he lives in. It was nice to see Albert work up the courage to take his brother down after all the terrible things he'd done.

Looking forward to where the story goes from here.
Oct 25, 2020 8:03 AM

Jan 2014
It's rather refreshing to see a character in royal standing to actually stand up for this kind of thing. Realizing that the way his family and other royals were treating commoners like shit or for their own gain was pretty fucked up.
Oct 25, 2020 8:08 AM

Jun 2020
Wow that was gnarly.

The pacing is great so far I’m usually not too interested in lengthy back stories but this was pretty well-executed. The 3 brothers make for really interesting characters (and it doesn’t hurt that they are literal bishounens) Really excited for the direction this series is taking! I feel like it’s flying under the radar a bit, it’s definitely a compelling tale & one of the better series this season for me. Can’t wait for the next episode already!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 25, 2020 8:30 AM

Mar 2020
Very satisfying episode, I hope this anime won't disappoint me.
check out odd taxi
Oct 25, 2020 8:40 AM
Aug 2020
This episode was pretty crazy!!! ;=)
Oct 25, 2020 8:41 AM
Apr 2020
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! They really executed the start of their plan when they were teenagers. Stabbed his hand. Burned his cheek. Killed his own family. William, Louis and Albert will really do whatever it takes just to achieve an "ideal" world. More crimes ahead. Story is getting more fascinating!

Oct 25, 2020 8:42 AM
Sep 2020
Slightly confused as to why they spoiled this whole episode in the ED of episod e2? Whatever, the episode was still enjoyable with tense moments and good pacing. Surprised about Albert's "resolve" being so strong so quickly!
Oct 25, 2020 8:44 AM
Jan 2019
I have really really really high expectations from this!! It looks good so far too.
Oct 25, 2020 8:49 AM

Jul 2020
And thus they became a family
I do have a bit of a concern for Albert and Louis after (older)William smirked in the train after confirming he had a veritable picture, perfect, ideal family.

Albert's family had is coming for them, especially the little brat of a brother(William).

The pacing is really good, can't wait to see what is next.
Oct 25, 2020 8:58 AM

Sep 2019
What Albert has done was the hardest of it all. He noticed that the people of high standings are trash, only thinks of theirselves and their position in other rich people’s eyes. Albert was able to see all these stuff that rich people do even though he himself was in a family of high standing. We really need to give him credit for that.
Oct 25, 2020 9:04 AM

Feb 2020
This arc was very interesting. I had recently learned about 17th and 18th century France, which has a similar social system to 19th c. England, and Albert's take on society, especially as a noble, was very refreshing. I'm really looking forward to future episodes and the story must be quite intriguing to have a 2nd season already announced not even a 6th into the cour.
Oct 25, 2020 9:04 AM

Mar 2020
I am truly disgusted by high society it is just cruel.

When Albert stabbed his brother for the sake of William and Louis I was so happy cause he got what he deserved. All nobles look down upon people especially commoners and only do things for there own personal gain and interest, it's quite sickening to be honest. Anyways backstory is finished so hopefully some good stuff up ahead.

Good episode :)
Oct 25, 2020 9:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Absolutely vicious of the Morairty brothers. What a way to off the family.
How MAL'ers think that there are currently 10 seasonal shows that are better than this shows the absurdity of the system
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 25, 2020 9:31 AM

Mar 2020
Nice ep though they adapted it quite differently from the manga but still a satisfying episode, gosh i don't want to be on the bad side of those three.
Oct 25, 2020 9:35 AM

Dec 2015
Didn't have any hope for this show, since the cover looked like another pretentious mystery josei anime. Oh how wrong I was...
Oct 25, 2020 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
Ah, so this episode served as the buildup to the end of last week's episode. It's always refreshing to see these high and mighty pretentious nobles get what they deserve, especially the so-called "good" ones that only do good things for brownie points. "Oh look at how charitable I am, I took in some orphans, now praise me." I feel like those ones are worse tbh. At least that snobby brat William is transparent with how he feels, compared to his dad who I'm sure felt the same way but did good deeds for appearances. Either way though, they can all eat shit lol. Albert stabbing his brother was so satisfying. Now that the backstory is out of the way I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 25, 2020 9:38 AM
Aug 2018
Wtf. These kids are insane.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Oct 25, 2020 9:47 AM
Sep 2015
Do this arc really need two episodes? Maybe, because it needs to convince audience that this family deserved to be killed, so they show actions of insult again and again and again. And we're not even talking about horse racing gamble yet!!!
Oct 25, 2020 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
Continuing from the last episode, the dark spell of the nobles against lowly orphan brothers William and Louis, it's truly despicable of the high society of old traditions, but that's just how the world rolls its unjust system.

The high point of the episode is Albert being shut from the world, snapped up and exacting his justice to one-off the entire family to achieve his ideals and end the curse affair to create the perfect crime.

A very satisfying episode to end a story such as this. A recompensation between the 3, "as accomplices, as comrades, and as family". Albert, William and Louis.

MochiRonDesu14 said:
Nice ep though they adapted it quite differently from the manga but still a satisfying episode, gosh i don't want to be on the bad side of those three.
Change is great, doesn't need to be exact from the manga, though the symbolism must remain the same.
Oct 25, 2020 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
yo this is going so good, not one dull moment so far. 10/10 for me till now
Oct 25, 2020 11:05 AM

Sep 2013
I'm seeing the Makishima Shogo influence more every ep.
Oct 25, 2020 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
Ok, this episode filled some gaps from the previous one.

Entertaining stuff so far

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 25, 2020 11:26 AM

Feb 2019
Another 10/10 episode. Masterfully done today. The conviction and resolve that it takes to stand up to your own family and realise that they are holding the country and the world back from growth is immense. To sacrifice all that you’ve known for the ideals of a genius you just met takes some balls, but in the end I believe it was the right choice. Albert’s family were so far gone and stuck in their delusional world that nothing could have worked other than their deaths. Such a great series.
Oct 25, 2020 11:34 AM

Jan 2019
I'm not sure if it was really necessary to use two episodes to tell the origin of the characters, but that arc was decent. Some ideas are interesting, others have not convinced me yet, but in general the anime is managing to retain my attention.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 25, 2020 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode. Good that they showed the full background story. And it seems Moriarty really isn't committing any crimes. Just a "consultant". That cold make it (depending on the laws back then in that era) harder to prosecute him. It probably isn't incitement (if they already come to ask him for help and want to do it without him telling them to do so) but could be seen as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_(legal_term)

I just hope we get to see interesting cases in the present. Seems we are back to the point of episode 1? (Though I hoped to see more after the fire ... them slowly doing smaller scaled stuff. Rebuilding the mansion.)

Episode 1 itself was a lil bit boring though - let's see how this works with episodic crime stories and with still Holmes whom they didn't introduce yet. (And maybe some overall plot regarding him if he tries to combine clues from different episodes.)
Oct 25, 2020 11:49 AM
Apr 2019
this is absolutely my favorite anime this season. what a spectacular episode, this show has been a 10/10 so far.
Oct 25, 2020 11:52 AM
Feb 2015
What else can you say besides HELLFUCKINGYES
Oct 25, 2020 11:57 AM

Jan 2017
Was William's real name never mentioned and he just took on Albert's younger brother name after the trio burned the house down?
Oct 25, 2020 12:20 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode again, that family had it coming there were awful to people, so they had to die and they were disgusting people, and I high expectations from this!!! anime now
I can't wait for the next episode
Overall 8 out of 10
Oct 25, 2020 12:26 PM
Jan 2016
Why is this not more popular? This is honestly the best anime of the season!
Oct 25, 2020 12:39 PM

Jul 2017
Holy shit damn was that a nice backstory. Really loved Albert's final breakdown where he just decided fuk it and was fine with completely killing his family, at least that bro got what he deserved lol

Really digging the not so heroic main cast so far tbh
Oct 25, 2020 1:06 PM
Mar 2020
nemurenai_ said:
Was William's real name never mentioned and he just took on Albert's younger brother name after the trio burned the house down?

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME QUESTION!!!!!
Oct 25, 2020 1:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
"Come, live with me." A symbiosis mutualism relations already made between them, with these simple sentence. The combination that soon became a trouble behind the darkness of the cruel system. Yeah, a shitty aristocratic classes, a shitty family that called themself as a nobleman, shitty brother that simply a psycho kid. Its already created a nice excuse, that already grew a lot of his heart. Yeah, it made Albert gone mad in an instant, from his inner heart, that turned him into a devil. "Once the devils are cast out, (Albert) heart become clear again," to created the idealised world they seek, some little sacrifices indeed needed. The former family of Moriarty has been changed, to lift the curse of them.

Its a fine episode as their last performance. Even if i still felt that its had a less blast than i could anticipated. Because, yeah, no burden that really served them as a challenge. But, as a foundation, its still solid like an iron, and clear as a crystal. Behind the screen of their 'perfect crime' was also nice with all of that details. This is really the beginning of Moriarty the Patriot.

Well, lets see the next, then!
badabassOct 25, 2020 1:24 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 25, 2020 1:27 PM

Jun 2015
Squeee! I had hoped that mayhaps the fire was at the other brothers party and they had wiped out a massive chunk of high society heirs but I guess it was too much to hope for. Interesting plot however and this show continues to please!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 25, 2020 1:27 PM
Apr 2018
Wow, what a psycho this Albert guy is. No matter how shitty your family is, you don't just kill your own brother and burn your own parents. That's definitely not how you should go around trying to fix a rotten society.
Oct 25, 2020 1:35 PM
May 2018
It really was a great episode
They changed some things from the manga but it was good, they improved it in my opinion, at least in this arc
Oct 25, 2020 1:38 PM

Apr 2018
What a good backstory for the characters in this ep. Shows us the second half of what happened. Really surprised that Albert would kill his own brother. Can't wait for more of this story to be adapted.
Oct 25, 2020 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
Show turns out to be surprisingly better than i expected. One of the perks of constantly lowering my expectations.
Oct 25, 2020 1:50 PM

May 2019
This episode was very well done. I guess we're now diving into the main story after the introduction and flashbacks. I can't wait. I'm loving this anime so far.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 25, 2020 1:50 PM

Sep 2020
And it's come full circle now, prologue over, and what a prologue it was! Outstanding intro and I hope the series will turn the same way. The show really made you hate those nobles properly, because I'm pretty sure reality wasn't any different in that time period. I still can't wrap my head around the ending song though, but the op is decent.
gaboru said:
Wow, what a psycho this Albert guy is. No matter how shitty your family is, you don't just kill your own brother and burn your own parents. That's definitely not how you should go around trying to fix a rotten society.

What would you suggest a group of kids that went through hell ever since they were born do in a society already rotten and full of people like that? If they gave the situation time, things would've escalated. I mean, you saw what Albert's brother was trying to do. Sooner or later, the rich bastards would've gotten rid of the boys. Shit, it was dog eat dog there, wasn't it?
Oct 25, 2020 2:22 PM
Apr 2018
KeenPinn said:
And it's come full circle now, prologue over, and what a prologue it was! Outstanding intro and I hope the series will turn the same way. The show really made you hate those nobles properly, because I'm pretty sure reality wasn't any different in that time period. I still can't wrap my head around the ending song though, but the op is decent.
gaboru said:

What would you suggest a group of kids that went through hell ever since they were born do in a society already rotten and full of people like that? If they gave the situation time, things would've escalated. I mean, you saw what Albert's brother was trying to do. Sooner or later, the rich bastards would've gotten rid of the boys. Shit, it was dog eat dog there, wasn't it?

I'm not talking about the kids, I'm talking about Albert. He had the option (money, status, opportunities) to choose a different method to try and better the world, and he chose this one. (but hey, at least now he has the "resolve" to dirty his hands I guess)

Btw, I understand the people who feel some sort of satisfaction, because his family was indeed beyond awful. But I guess we can at least agree that you have to be a psychopath to be able to do this.
Oct 25, 2020 2:43 PM

Sep 2020
gaboru said:

I'm not talking about the kids, I'm talking about Albert. He had the option (money, status, opportunities) to choose a different method to try and better the world, and he chose this one. (but hey, at least now he has the "resolve" to dirty his hands I guess)

Btw, I understand the people who feel some sort of satisfaction, because his family was indeed beyond awful. But I guess we can at least agree that you have to be a psychopath to be able to do this.

By group of kids I meant Albert included, then again, I'm sorry for being a little vague on my part by later mentioning "the boys", which only referred to Louis and William.

It's not about satisfaction on my part, but I think Albert especially is aware of the fact that he has to be a psychopath to be able to go through with this. It's been made clear by the show that they want to turn the tables on this society, no matter the cost. And like I said, even if Albert had the status, money etc, not he nor the brothers had any time on their hands to concoct a plan to overthrow all nobles while under the same roof as Albert's parents. Were circumstances a bit different... like if Albert's brother wouldn't have been a jerk, then yeah, maybe things could've turned out differently. But we'll never know, and that's why I can't really fault the show.
Oct 25, 2020 3:12 PM

Jun 2020
Great episode, but I'm still surprised by Albert's willingness to kill his family even if they are a bunch of assholes
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 25, 2020 4:39 PM

Oct 2012
Have only now realized young Louis and William were voiced by Touyama Nao and Ishigami Shizuka.
Bless they voices, there did really good job here (Ishigami especially), creating the best background for the mastermind behind London crime underground for future episodes.

I was kinda unsure about the ending where Albert announced them both as brothers but the truth is William and the real William very similiar-looking so I guess when they told them one of the orphans died, it was believable excuse (and not that many people would recognize them when him when in suits and clean). Real William didn't leave the house very often too.

I am more worried about their finances and standing after they burned the house but let's pretend this house wasn't the only capital Albert's father had.
Oct 25, 2020 8:03 PM
Jul 2019
AreumBe said:
nemurenai_ said:

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME QUESTION!!!!!

As a manga reader, I can confirm James William Moriarty nor do Louis and Albert (or other characters for that matter) confirm what his real name is yet. Truth be told, if he did, they'd be caught for the murder of the real William and the parents, depending on who the secret was told to.
Oct 25, 2020 8:30 PM

Jun 2019
Now that all of the setup is out of the way, we should be getting to the good stuff. The past few episodes have just been ok, but I’m expecting the mysteries and the cat-and-mouse games with Sherlock to be where the fun begins.
Oct 25, 2020 9:29 PM

Sep 2019
Wow, I love this show so far! Honestly, this might be my first time completely siding with a murder. I hope we can see how they rebuilt themselves after losing most of their possessions.
Oct 25, 2020 9:47 PM

Apr 2020
That concludes the backstory of the Moriarty brothers. Took them two episodes in length but that was a very nice way to tell their past. Albert made the big choice to kill of his whole family in exchange for his envisioned justice. And with William and Louis in their side, it will be a dark bloody ride to achieve equality.
Oct 25, 2020 10:03 PM
Sep 2020
Wow this anime really is starting off strong. I love it!!! Cannot wait for what's to come!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2020

135 by insideGegeswalls »»
Feb 4, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2020

95 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 22, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2020

99 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 18, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

95 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 16, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2020

96 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 15, 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.