Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2020 6:33 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
What type of person hurt you, what setting and what age did you get hurt? How did it affect you in the long-run? Do you hold a grudge or any sort of remorse?

Yep. I'd been in there for it. Abused. Physically, emotionally, sexually. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable, content or safe in life again. I haven't in almost nine years since then. Even though the people who were supposed to be taking care of me got together and abused me for a period of time behind others backs, I couldn't feel mad. I don't have it in me to hate people anymore. I don't have it in me to feel any sort of remorse or human attachment. I react differently than I used to since then—I try to stand up for myself, but at the same time it's easy for me to feel hurt from minor words or jabs. I tend to be a nervous wreck, shaking and dropping things, tripping over myself as I speak, and feeling like everybody hates me, no matter how close that I get to them. I think that's part of why I always spill out so much love to people that I engage with in person.
Pretty much whenever I see a MAL notification, I start to shake, I get more and more anxious, and worry that it might be a disparaging reply, someone might hate me, or hate what I said, or was rude and nasty to the way I said things, or might hate me for sharing my human experience. It's funny, because I'm here out of pure boredom and out of need for human interaction. I crave what I'm afraid of. No matter how much information I culminate about myself, other people, and learn to love or appreciate myself, and not take the harmful words of others. I don't actually feel... "safe", or "content."

I say I have no human attachment, but I hold on to believing that everyone feels a certain way about me. Ironic?

I don't have it in me to decide things for the world, how I feel about the world, how I feel about people collectively, except that I love them. Individually, I think they're just okay, and there will be people that I love above others. Maybe I'm unaware that sometimes that I label people on my own, or label people that I disagree with.
But still, sometimes I wonder if it's possible to actually feel content ever.
ChartTopper60Oct 20, 2020 6:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2020 6:38 PM
Jul 2020
Someone online said I wasn't able to discern comprehensible English... It hurt my feelings ;(....
Oct 20, 2020 6:43 PM

Jul 2016
all my ex-friends from highschool lol. As they never cared about me at all and when I called them out for their sexist bullshit they dropped me. But this time I didn't come running back. I'd been friends with the same people for like 6 years maybe, and every time they would always make me feel like shit and just expect me to get over it. Plus they're all friends with my abusive ex and it bothers me cause they know what he did to me. And they just choose to pick his side when they saw the shit he put me through everyday. Even though I wasn't perfect either they understood that he had cheated on me many times, degraded me and them, compared me to other girls, made me scared for my life, and just overall was a shit person. But they worship him like a god almost and it's just bad.

Ig because of them I have a hard time opening up to people. Because when I did I was hated on for being emotional. They said I was ugly and hated on the way I dressed so I changed myself for them. Highschool life really just fucked me up. I just felt like I never fit in and really I'm glad they're gone from my life because I've never been happier than this.
Oct 20, 2020 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
my scumbag brain for sure my paranoia is rooted from it

"I guess he got his feelings hurt"

Oct 20, 2020 7:01 PM

Jul 2020
Every girl who I've went out with whether 1 date or multiple dates. Combined altogether, the rejection and feeling of loneliness; it hurts.

And in this particular case, my best friends, they didn't hurt me, but it's just the fact we don't see each other as much that hurts, it's like I'm experiencing what other people do in friends not seeing each other as much because of other stuff. They're my only friends too, so yeah.

So yeah things suck now, and gets worse and worse each year since 2017, but the following I go on thinking the previous year was actually wasn't that bad because the current year is worse. Next year I don't even wanna know how bad it's gonna be because how I can anyone justify this year as being not so bad. So next year is gonna be just awful.

You know who don't hurt you. Anime girls.

Holo would never hurt or leave me.

Oct 21, 2020 4:07 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Hm I'd say pretty much everybody I didn't befriend in the last... idk 2 maybe 3 years?
Parents, friends I had, any significant other I ever had in life, teachers, psychologists, you name it. What I feel most of all is fear, fear that one day I'll have to go back to such a horrifying, hopeless situation because of reasons that are outside my own influence. It terrifies me.

While it's undoubtedly rude towards my current friends, part of me still feels like everybody hates me and that the only reason some people still talk to me is cause they pity me or somehow feel responsible for what happened to me. To this day I get picked on and it annoys me. Life as a whole feels like an uphill battle for survival.

Now me being me, I find joy in small stuff. It's not that I hate myself or mope all day. I enjoy the things I get around to doing and attempt to make the best of most situations.
The funny thing is that while others fear being lonely and abandoned, I enjoy my own company cause I'm the only person I know I can (mostly) trust. It'll be a long way to recovery especially cause there's some people I somehow keep bumping into. But I'm on my way, and that's progress.
Oct 21, 2020 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man who didn’t hurt me? Lol.
I have a long list of people who have hurt me. And then some people who’s name I don’t even know. And that’s before you even count the randoms online and the randoms you come across out in public or at workplaces.

Seems on MAL a lot of you guys were bullied or abused. That’s awful. I wasn’t hurt in that way myself.
removed-userOct 21, 2020 6:02 AM
Oct 21, 2020 6:36 AM

Oct 2010
I could write a novel on this subject, not that it matters, I got over it.
Oct 21, 2020 6:50 AM
Aug 2018
I went through years of school with people constantly making fun of my weight and my face. School wasn't a pleasant experience for me. I also had to deal with one of my friends turning into one of my bullies. He slapped me in the face once but I didn't do anything back for whatever reason. I don't expect pity from people here since I'm over it and its all in the past.

Oct 21, 2020 7:29 AM

Dec 2016
Lots of people that's how life is dude, the negative experiences are the thing that shape us in who were are

HoloisHolo said:

You know who don't hurt you. Anime girls.

Holo would never hurt or leave me.

What makes you think that Holo wouldn't hurt you if she was real?
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Oct 21, 2020 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
The better question would be: Who hasn't?
😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔
Oct 21, 2020 7:48 AM

Mar 2015
Me, myself, and I.

My anxiety makes me feel like my body has turned against me.
Oct 21, 2020 7:50 AM
Jun 2020
I got bullied as a kid and yeah, the pain still haunts me.
Oct 21, 2020 1:48 PM

Apr 2017
I suffered a lot from bullying in middle school and my first year in highschool, I was a very shy girl with low self-esteem and I couldn't stand up for myself therefore my classmates tried to take advantage of that, I was an easy target. I was always left alone because they thought I was weird and when they needed someone to mock, it was always me. I was living hell, crying every night and loathing myself even more.

Thank god I had wonderful parents who loved me and supported me, now I'm a dental surgery student and one of the best students in my uni. Bullying is the worst shit anyone can experience but it taught me so many things about myself, and as the saying goes "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" so I don't regret any life experience so far.
S-quare22Oct 21, 2020 1:52 PM

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 21, 2020 1:54 PM

Jun 2016
I was never bullied but I've had my fair share of jackasses throughout my life, I usually just chalk it up to them getting the belt one too many times back when they were kids.
People aren't assholes for the sake of being assholes, they are that way cause they went through something shit, so I'm just glad that I didn't turn out that way and I try to be a good person.
Oct 22, 2020 5:32 AM

Aug 2009
my bullies in elementary and middle school. after that me.
Oct 22, 2020 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Who hurt me?

My father, a few people on the road driving, and many, many people on the internet. A LOT of people on the internet have hurt me.

And a few other random people.
Oct 22, 2020 1:17 PM

May 2013
I have been hurt alot and in pretty esoteric ways. Yes I am a product of how I was hurt.

I've gone ad nauseum about this on the forums, I'm sure ya'll know it all already. Not going to turn into a broken record lol.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Oct 22, 2020 1:29 PM

Jun 2019
-II said:
The better question would be: Who hasn't?
😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔

Some people on this thread. You are welcome.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1862894&show=0#msg60647691

On topic. People who like gokyo. If you ever heard of the radial nerve...

Real answer: not even interested to make a list, I am grateful to some of them actually. Not implying any masochist tendency.

Oct 22, 2020 1:59 PM

Mar 2019
ChartTopper60 said:
What type of person hurt you, what setting and what age did you get hurt? How did it affect you in the long-run? Do you hold a grudge or any sort of remorse?

Yep. I'd been in there for it. Abused. Physically, emotionally, sexually. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable, content or safe in life again. I haven't in almost nine years since then. Even though the people who were supposed to be taking care of me got together and abused me for a period of time behind others backs, I couldn't feel mad. I don't have it in me to hate people anymore. I don't have it in me to feel any sort of remorse or human attachment. I react differently than I used to since then—I try to stand up for myself, but at the same time it's easy for me to feel hurt from minor words or jabs. I tend to be a nervous wreck, shaking and dropping things, tripping over myself as I speak, and feeling like everybody hates me, no matter how close that I get to them. I think that's part of why I always spill out so much love to people that I engage with in person.
Pretty much whenever I see a MAL notification, I start to shake, I get more and more anxious, and worry that it might be a disparaging reply, someone might hate me, or hate what I said, or was rude and nasty to the way I said things, or might hate me for sharing my human experience. It's funny, because I'm here out of pure boredom and out of need for human interaction. I crave what I'm afraid of. No matter how much information I culminate about myself, other people, and learn to love or appreciate myself, and not take the harmful words of others. I don't actually feel... "safe", or "content."

I say I have no human attachment, but I hold on to believing that everyone feels a certain way about me. Ironic?

I don't have it in me to decide things for the world, how I feel about the world, how I feel about people collectively, except that I love them. Individually, I think they're just okay, and there will be people that I love above others. Maybe I'm unaware that sometimes that I label people on my own, or label people that I disagree with.
But still, sometimes I wonder if it's possible to actually feel content ever.

I hope I can provide you then with a notification that won't cause you anxiety or pain.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I don't really know who you are, but I completely sympathize with everything you have written.

The truth is, the people who have hurt all of us are the people who care more about their social status, their personal power, or stroking their own egos and ambition for power than they care about having caring relationships with other people. That's why they bully people, why they look down upon those who are "weird," why they exclude people just because they are autistic or don't have the right mannerisms according to them. All the interactions they have with other people are just a tool for them to move up the social ladder and be at the top of the hierarchy and they will behave with cruelty towards anyone who is below them or their equal while kissing the assholes of those who are in the position they secretly envy.

These people are not respect worthy enough for you to give their opinions a single ounce of merit. You should seize their opinions and laugh at them as you stuff them down the garbage without even listening to a word they have to say. When they judge your values and your character, you let them know how little respect you have for them and how meaningless their opinions are to you. The only way these little brats are ever gonna change is when good people stop taking their opinions to heart and giving them that power to hurt them.

I think it is incredibly admirable that you are able to continue putting yourself out there and try to love people and try to find the good people out there despite all that people have done to you. I know you must be in a difficult time of your life right now so I hope you keep kicking your way through this and find the peace you seek some day.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2020 3:47 PM
Sep 2019
The old people in Congress hurt everybody for the long term. They have sent thousands of citizens to their deaths from war-mongering, killed thousands more from their policies, and doom several millions more by their obsession with obtaining power.
Oct 22, 2020 4:11 PM

Sep 2020
wape said:
I got bullied as a kid and yeah, the pain still haunts me.

Your avatar makes you look like you enjoyed it lmao

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Oct 22, 2020 5:55 PM
Jul 2020
i think last person who really hurt me was my ex. It was last year, when i was 17yo. I think till a point it was my fault cuz i trusted him way too fast. At that time i was almost looking for a bf (which i think is the worst thing u can do), so i got into the relationship pretty fast. He was the first person i actually loved, but after a while i found out the person i loved didnt exist, cuz he presented him as someone he was not. What really hurt me was his lack of honesty, who was ALWAYS open to hear his thoughts and opinions. He betrayed me with no reason for it, and he even got my family involved (he was the first boy i ever introduced to my parents as my bf). Also he was very manipulative and i just realized how bad that relationshit was when i got out of it. It took me a long time to heal after that, cuz i never had such a great disappointment (totally my fault). Now I still dont know if ill have trust issues when i get into my next relatioship, cuz i didnt date anyone after him. I try to forgive him every day, cuz i want to be better than him and go on, but its very hard. I dont hate him anymore tho, so i think things get better w time
Oct 23, 2020 12:31 PM

Aug 2018
A lot of people, but then again my dumbassery is to be blamed after all.

Why do you hate cats?

Oct 23, 2020 12:39 PM

Sep 2018
The bank for charging me outrageous interest rates on my student loans due to my family being rather poor. I obviously am paying that back as quickly as possible.
Oct 23, 2020 7:22 PM

Jun 2020
My "ex" left me fucked up. Tried to do everything I can for her but she manipulated, verbally abused me, and put me down. I was so blinded LOL
Oct 23, 2020 8:10 PM

May 2013
Ahahah, I'm untouchable. This planet is doomed and I will claim responsibility for its demise from the other world! MUAHAHAHA!

Okay, okay. I think everyone has had their feelings hurt or their heart broken. What's important is that you don't stay hurt. You have to come back stronger like a Saiyan warrior.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 23, 2020 11:45 PM

Oct 2020
Girl during freshman year of highschool kept stringing me on, just to drop me :/
Fully invested in this girl, we were "together" for the last 2 months of the school year. Summer came, and while I was still fully invested in her, she had some choices on the side of guys she was talking too. Didn't really matter to me as I was oblivious of the whole situation. Though once I found out and being a person who doesn't like losing, I "fought" to be that person she would pick. That was all for naught tho as I soon got the talk after in like August that she wasn't vibing with me anymore. And that's completely fine, that's just how life goes. Though I learned that year that just cause you fully invest yourself into someone doesn't mean that it'll last forever or that you'll get the outcome you wanted
Dred aka Dredly aka Kami-Sama
Oct 24, 2020 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
I have a stereotypical story. My childhood bullies hurt me and gave me longtime trauma. The things they did weren't that bad, but they hurt a lot when I was 13 and I carry those feelings with me. The worst part is that they don't remember these situation because they had no emotional impact on them, I have to carry these memories while they get to forget them and me. It's just a very unfair situation.
Oct 24, 2020 2:17 AM

Sep 2017
Pope Francis and his latest talks:(
خ
Oct 24, 2020 2:44 AM

Jun 2014
Romaki26 said:
I have a stereotypical story. My childhood bullies hurt me and gave me longtime trauma. The things they did weren't that bad, but they hurt a lot when I was 13 and I carry those feelings with me. The worst part is that they don't remember these situation because they had no emotional impact on them, I have to carry these memories while they get to forget them and me. It's just a very unfair situation.

I said this elsewhere, but bullying, especially during school years is terrible because you most of the time can't even control the hand you get. Bullies get to leave school, forgetting everything they did while some of the bullied lose so much confidence.

I was dealt a very bad hand during my childhood. Got sent to school with holes in my shoes and alot more. Never had a shot. Was bullied ontop of everything so obviously my confidence was shot. With that said, wanting revenge is a very bad emotion. Whoever hurt me online or in real life, trying to seek the quench of revenge only lowers yourself as a human being.

More topics from this board

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 4 hours ago

7 by ProGoddess »»
24 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
37 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 10 hours ago

5 by Zettaiken »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

49 by Meusnier »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.