Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jun 9, 2021 2:52 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What an absolute treat this was! Manly tears were shed at the end but there was a good element of laughter and thrill to start off with. To add to that, Ufotable's exemplary work, Kajiura Yuki-san's exhilarating music and the epic voice acting, and you've got yourself nearly the full package! No wonder why the Movie took over the world by storm.

To be honest, I knew about the Upper Demon coming to ruin the fun from the PV released after the movie's premiere but the handling of the entire segment was fabulous! I think you could see it in Rengoku initially that he knew he would fall short. But to pull off what he managed ultimately deserves nothing short of praise. Saved 200 people successfully, he really fulfilled his duty.

Tanjirou going out to bicker on Akaza was the moment when my tear glands gave away, though. And the mother's appearance. Yeah, sorry xD, that's enough for me.

Seriously though, the choreography, music and flow of the fight was quite something! Ishida Akira-san's performance coupled with Hino Satoshi-san's performance just had a special synergy.

First half, the aesthetics and mind game during the first half was fantastic as well. Tanjirou commiting suicide numerous times just to speed up the process is insane! Kid nearly chopped his head off accidentally in real life, that's how invested he became! Good lord. Inosuke's mask for once helped meanwhile, I suppose lol. Zenitsu's natural instincts to protect Nezuko is the real deal xD, guess that's a pair finalised in the long run.

By the way, what was with the dreams of the two though? I think it would've honestly been far better had they opted to keep them aside. Serious stuff for the other two, after all.

Looks like the leader of the Corps is going to meet his end soon, expecting something special in his final moments now. "Even Rengoku couldn't take down a Upper Demon." - That's deep.

LiSA's "Homura" never really left an impression on me, to be frankly honest. But it's a totally different story from now on, lol.

Strong 9/10 from me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 10, 2021 4:15 PM

Jul 2020
nobody screamed "eren yeager" so it was not worth it

the animation saves the movie for me, there are a lot of enjoyable parts in the story even tho overall its cliché and a bit boring, like the dream sequence, was fun but the train being the demon was not
and the way rengoku died was random idk, he was destroyed
Jun 10, 2021 6:47 PM

Apr 2015
Decent movie. Honestly, the storyline itself wasn't that interesting and some of the random comedic moments really turned me off. Gotta applaud Tanjirou though for his strong-will and perseverance, it must have been incredibly hard for him to have to slash his own neck hundreds of times just to continue fighting.

But I didn't really get invested into anything that was happening until the last fight. The animation was truly beautiful, as expected of Ufotable. OST was superb as well. Rengoku was such a good guy. I'm annoyed I got spoiled by his death so it didn't have as much of an emotional impact on me but it was still sad. Shame his appearance is so fleeting. Also frustrating that the upper rank demon didn't die, but well I guess it'll be all the more satisfying when Tanjirou or someone else gets revenge. Overall, 6.5-7/10 for me.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 12, 2021 5:15 PM

Jun 2020
10/10 animation & OST

Story is what u can expect from Demon Slayer tho. solid but nun special
Jun 12, 2021 7:29 PM
Mar 2021
I finished The series anticipating the movie and the recently announced second season. So I downloaded a dual audio movie, but first five minutes of dialogue, there seemed to be no subs while Master was speaking, before screen fades to black. That got me thinking, are the not so legal versions of the movie online paired with proper subtitles or are they fansubbed and we are waiting for a home video/streaming release?

If someone could guide me that would he great. Thank you in advance homies
Jun 13, 2021 10:47 PM

Jul 2008
It's good, but also overrated...
My candies:
Jun 14, 2021 6:07 AM

May 2020
Finally an Upper moon,Akaza...
Top notch animation and OST.Now waiting for second season
Jun 15, 2021 11:43 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
So we were introduced one of the few more decent characters of the series and then we need to hold a funeral for said character on the same day. RIP

Nurguburu said:
At least we don't have unnecessary flashbacks for the main antagonist this time.

Agreed lmao.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Jun 16, 2021 9:58 PM

Dec 2013
I loved this movie from beginning to end but the end part with Rengoku vs Akaza was the definite highlight of the movie.

We didn't know him for very long but Rengoku's death still hit me hard. RIP
Jun 17, 2021 1:34 AM
Apr 2020
Well what can I possibly say on this? Everything in this was 100% perfect. Crazily perfect with that ufotable's perfect animation craziness. I almost forgot how to breath for like 2 whole hours (like literally, I'm not joking xD)

If I hadn't spoiled that HE will die at the last hour of the movie, I will probably be heavily emotional but still I almost cried :')

Definitely worth the wait of the BD release. 9/10 for this. Now give me that second season GOATable!!
Jun 17, 2021 3:37 AM

May 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:
Kajiura Yuki-san's exhilarating music .

the soundtracks are done by Gou Shiina, i believe Kajiura did only work in the ending song LiSA's "Homura"
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jun 17, 2021 3:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Askaa said:
the soundtracks are done by Gou Shiina, i believe Kajiura did only work in the ending song LiSA's "Homura"

Oh right, thanks for the clarification!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 19, 2021 9:16 PM

Dec 2009
It's been such a long time since I've watched a movie especially a sequel to a series that left me feeling such emotions. The roller coaster of emotions from beginning to end, and the feels that hits you during the ending scene. The movie lived up to the hype. The soundtrack was phenomenal. 10/10

Rengoku was the MVP.

Looking forward to the next season this fall!

Jun 19, 2021 9:40 PM

Jul 2016
G_Spark233 said:
I loved this movie from beginning to end but the end part with Rengoku vs Akaza was the definite highlight of the movie.

We didn't know him for very long but Rengoku's death still hit me hard. RIP

I agree.

Rengoku was so awesome. Who knew you could jam so much character into 2 hours...
Jun 21, 2021 10:51 AM

Jun 2016
To be fair. Disappointed. The animation and all that stuff from the anime is there, which is nice. But....as listed as a movie this just wasn't up to par what I was expecting. This could have been as well be done with OVAs, but I guess take the money when the hype-train is going fast.

But oh well, still definitely waiting for the next season.
Do or do not, there is no try.
Jun 23, 2021 3:26 AM

Oct 2010
I was almost falling asleep when the dream stuff happened, then the demon transforms into some meat thing with tentacles but of course he was defeated. Why didn't the kids tried to slash the demon hunters' throats?
then Akaza comes out of nowhere and a fight starts, I was rooting for the demon, rengoku was annoying, I was so happy and thrilled when Akaza mortally wounded that blondie, very satisfying. A great victory for the demons, revenge for Rui, again wondering how Rui was defeated so easily and Akaza killed a hashira so easily, doesn't matter. Tanjiro was so dumb in the end, why would a demon stay in the sunlight? tanjiro is an idiot.
Now unto the next season and I expect that tanjiro will get revenge for that blondie in the future and he only knew him for like 1 day, I would have understood if it was someone like kouchou who trained him but why so sad for that guy?
5/10 Akaza vs blondie fight scene was cool
Jun 23, 2021 3:58 AM
Jan 2016
So we've established that while Rengoku grabs potential murderers by the throat while unconscious, Tanjirou is so naive that even his subconscious is literally leading his potential murderer to his weak spot. The show always highlighted his astounishing naivety, but this is a whole new level.
Jun 23, 2021 6:57 AM

Jan 2010
The humor in this movie was on point - I almost died of laughter when Inosuke was beating on the train windows and Nezuko's headbutt was hilarious too. The animation was amazing, with lots of little details, like the outside camera angle during the lightning scene on the train.

Not to mention the brutal clash of wills in the final fight and that powerful deadlock. I can see a lot of inspirations from Dragonball and One Piece, but Demon Slayer does them just the right way and slightly different.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jun 24, 2021 1:06 AM

Feb 2019
Superb art and animation, 10/10 LiSA song at the end. Definitely top quality anime from Ufotable.

Though the plot is nothing sort of spectacular, it's still good enough to get me emotional in certain parts.

The first half is pretty boring, the second half is better. All the fight scenes are amazing, especially the final showdown between aniki Rengoku and that martial artist Demon, both are badass.

RIP aniki. t.t

Looking forward to season 2!!
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 24, 2021 6:52 AM

Nov 2019
A pretty stellar action movie and easily one of the best battle shounen movies.

However, that's all it's got going for it; great action sequences. Don't expect any sort of nuance/depth from the character behavior or plot developments.
Jun 24, 2021 1:21 PM
Aug 2016
Loved this movie, the animation was so good.
Jun 24, 2021 8:11 PM

Feb 2010
It was pretty good, I was expecting more from the animation because of how much praise it's been getting but it just felt like more of Season 1 quality which does look good just isn't high tier movie quality.
Jun 25, 2021 3:37 AM

Nov 2019
FreshIngredient said:
It was pretty good, I was expecting more from the animation because of how much praise it's been getting but it just felt like more of Season 1 quality which does look good just isn't high tier movie quality.

The style is the same as the TV version, but the quality is much higher. In the series the only thing that moved most of the time was the topical visual effect thing.

Here the characters actually move.
Jun 26, 2021 7:19 AM
Dec 2018
It was good but I prefer the first season.
7/10
Jun 26, 2021 1:06 PM

May 2015
As much as I like this movie (gave it 9) I still don't like how Upper demon show up. It was just so...random? It just feel he just show up to kill Rengoku (or turn him into demon) without any further explanation.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 26, 2021 2:00 PM
Oct 2019
FrozenRaider said:
As much as I like this movie (gave it 9) I still don't like how Upper demon show up. It was just so...random? It just feel he just show up to kill Rengoku (or turn him into demon) without any further explanation.

The first or second episode of Season 2 will explain the reason. If you cannot wait and want to know why, you can read chapter 67 of the manga.
Jun 26, 2021 7:59 PM

Jun 2017
R.I.P. Rengoku. By the middle of the movie, he became one of my favorite characters in Demon Slayer and I was hoping to see more of him :'(
I also was hoping he would become a nice demon as well.
The fight scenes were really good!
yura_marinetteJun 26, 2021 8:04 PM
Jun 26, 2021 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
finally got around to seeing this since the last year has been nothing but praise of it topping charts ...i couldn't help but feel mostly disappointed for almost the whole movie till the final act visual just like fate they really know how to make things look fucking great and the music was really good while i was sad by the enemy design using a lot of not looking great CGI we got a somewhat random major threat come in to allow for some really great action.

on all fronts of action this movie was good and it seriously made me quite sad for the fate of Rengoku it's hard to make a person care for someone you hardly knew but they pulled it off i really didn't think he'd die so early in the manga.

everything else though was mostly kinda predictable and Ren kinda had lackluster backstory for someone that was the main focus of the movie arc despite having such a strong lasting presence

flat8/10 looking forward to the 2nd season but real talk this is prime example of overrated
Jun 28, 2021 4:57 AM

Feb 2014
I really liked it!!! Moreso than the TV I think. The soundtrack was epic as ever. Inosuke wasn't really that annoying. Zenitsu barely got any screentime, so he couldn't really be annoying :D honestly Zenitsu's low screentime was prolly a big part of it, watching this is how I felt watching the series before he came in.

Tanjiro cutting off his own head while asleep was epic omg. I thought that was really clever writing to have him repeatedly fall asleep and almost cut off his own neck in real life! His dream was really sad, and the little blobby-bois in his subconcious were really cute! Inosuke and Zenitsu's dreams were very fitting.

Granted this is a movie so there's limited screen time, but I feel like defeating the lower rank demon was much easier than defeating Rui in the series. Like the battle had its struggles, but like Rui felt waaay harder to take down, even though I think he was a lower rank than this guy (correct me if I'm wrong tho).

Rengoku is a badass. I really like his flame powers! The battle at the end between Rengoku and the upper rank demon way super epic!! And the part where he and the demon exchange blows real slowly before he grabs the demon's hand was SUPER COOL!!!! But I kinda felt that battle was just sorta thrown in there randomly though? Like where was upper 3 before the train crashed and they killed lower 6? I wish we got to know more about Rengoku before he died, it's sad how he's gone before we got to know him too well :( Maybe Tanjiro can find something about his kagura fire breathing at his family's place!

9-10/10 from me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2021 1:24 PM

Aug 2009
I would have enjoyed it way more if not for the silly jokes and silly crying. I dont know why, in the series I had no issues with those, maybe all of them condensed in a movie was the reason.
Glad that we only got an idea of the dreams Inosuke and Zenitsu were having. If they had prolonged them it would be way worse.

As for the fights, I have to say that, while good, I found Rengoku trying to hold Akaza in place way more hype.

Is the lower moon actually retarded? He could have killed everyone easily, maybe except Rengoku, but ...okay...those were lots of ways to waste that -actually scary- power.
And I am actually surprised that we didnt get a sob story for him. That's subverting expectations in an unexpected way.

I still have no idea why Rengoku was acting so quirky(in a bad way) in the series and the start of the movie. As if it is two different characters.

8/10.Closer to a 7 tbh but whatever.
Jun 29, 2021 7:58 AM

Apr 2021
This movie moved me to the core...Really loved this...RIP my man Rengoku....He's one of my fav character in this show now
Jun 30, 2021 2:41 AM
Nov 2014
Even though I couldn’t avoid spoilers, it still was kinda unexpected and very sad, good movie overall, kimetsu has (or maybe had, i don’t know, manga is over as far as I know) a lot of drama potential
Jun 30, 2021 1:04 PM

Nov 2016
ufotable deserves all the money.
Jun 30, 2021 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
Good movie, art and animation were top notch as I would expect from an ufotable movie. Seems like a 1on1 against a waxing moon is a bad idea even for a hashira, seems like they will need two next time to beat one.
Jul 1, 2021 3:14 AM

Dec 2015
A film that feels as inconsequential as most derivative movies for action-adventure manga series (up to the inclusion of the "movie-only" character), a shame in this exceptional case where the film is actually a direct follow-up. It features many TV shortcuts/quirks while staying as good-looking as its mother show but manages to deliver movie-level pictures/scenes past a long first half, along some blood.
Pretty ugly CGI creature (clunky integration, like some other short effects).
What about the story? Well, it's as average as most works in this category are. A bit less effectively managed than in the series but still working. Thus, there's really nothing to say about it. (Everyone familiar to this kind of tales has seen everything dozens of time.)
The adventure suffers from typical baseless magical solutions to some of its obstacles but offers a few important interior moments and nice battles at the end (within the limits allowed by those nice-looking special attacks).

Some musical tracks that sound very Kajiura in a toned-down and discrete way, along one or two outstandingly different.

The cherry on top: Akira Ishida bursting in the end segment to play one of those manganime fighting freaks.

Score: 5/10
Enjoyment: 3/5
A nice and decently made adventure like its consumers have seen a thousand times before. Maybe not movie material.

PS: japanese energetic characters shouting names (attacks, friends) are way too loud in a cinema.
Jul 2, 2021 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
This was an amazing adaptation! The great sound quality, the superb animation quality! Even the little details were carefully detailed. The sounds of that demon that fused with the train's hand's demon teeth, when they closed it sounded so satisfying! The hand-drawn animations and the CGIs fit together perfectly! Also, watching this in night time made it even more than better.

The kids who helped the demon do what the demon wanted to do did it to earn "Happy dreams".

This girl (and the others, except for that boy who got paired with Tanjiro) lusted for Happy dreams that much, she got strangled by Rengoku! xd

Damn, would you look at how bad the train got derailed! But at least it wasn't too bad to kill some or possibly everyone on board of the train!

Every fighting scene in this movie was animated beautifully! I love you ufotable studios!

A screenshot which I took while watching the movie. It's really good to be used as a wallpaper, isn't it? Did anyone else took a screenshot of this as well? Is it higher quality than mine?

======
Zenitsu's dream was really funny but cute at the same time. It's so silly.

For Tanjiro's dream, his thingy (idk what it's called, I didn't even try to remember the name while I was watching lol) was really beautiful. Blue skies, with clouds floating, and the super reflective water floor was reflecting the blue sky. It was truly a beautiful sight.

Inosuke's dream was a bit childish, don't you think? It's pretty cute and funny though!
======
Jul 4, 2021 11:42 PM

Jul 2016
Everyone gangsta until the Upper Moon appears.
Now seriously, after having watched part of the trailers and official posters, I was really wondering how they would fit Akaza into the narrative and in the end, they just... didn't. The Demon was just casually passing by and decided to say "hello" to Rengoku and co.

Anyways, leaving that aside and as with the anime series, I found this movie quite entertaining. Both animation and OST were outstanding as one could expect and though the story was quite standard in terms of shounen anime, I still found it quite enjoyable for the most part. First third of the movie featuring Enmu's dream worlds was what captivated me the most tho. Also, such a shame they didn't take this opportunity to expand on Zenitsu and Inosuke's character backgrounds. Not really a fan of their dreams being used as mere comic relief either.

As for the fights, both Tanjirou vs. Enmu and Rengoku vs. Akaza were fantastic. Rengoku went far and beyond to take his opponent down and I gotta say I absolutely loved the sequence when he literally set his spirit on fire to give one final lethal blow. Such a shame it wasn't enough tho. In the end, Akaza managed to escape and one of the most powerful Hashira is now dead.
And finally... as for Rengoku dying, they tried to make the scene as emotional as possible but I barely knew the guy and though having him seeing his mother again was touching, I was never able to make a connection with him throughout the movie. I mean, he was indeed a good character and if anything, I feel slightly disappointed with the potential that was wasted by having him dying this early in the story.

8/10 - Anyways, still a pretty nice movie from an entertainment perspective. Looking forward to the new season and hopefully, Sound Hashira won't suffer the same fate as Rengoku.

P.S.: While Rengoku vs. Akaza is indeed a highly impressive fight, saying it surpasses Rider/Shirou vs. SAlter is mere nonsense.
SouthRzVaJul 5, 2021 12:06 AM
Jul 6, 2021 2:34 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The movie definitely surpassed my expectations WITH its last 1/3, because while there were some great scenes in the 2/3, the action felt a bit more lackluster and I did not like the CG.
Would have said the movie wasn't as good as the TV airing IF there was not that last 1/3, with it, easily surpasses the original.

The biggest problem with S1 was the lack of climax at the end, this surely delivered but also with a lot of feel to it, this is how you make it memorable.
The only complaint I could make, aside from some hyping comments here saying the whole movie was like ep19 of S1 (total bullshit below):
Cheezy said:
Holy shit.

Ufotable OUTDID themselves! This was like KnT ep 19 levels of hype but 2 hours long instead of 23 minutes.

Aside from that, would be that it does feel like some stuff got a bit more dragged than necessary, and comedy didn't always come at the best times but everything considered, I had the BD downloaded and ready to watch, yet I had zero problems paying for the ticket to watch on cinema when I discovered that surprisingly it was airing on my country (a rarity), would definitely pay to watch it again, these kinds of movies deserve a cinema experience.

I had already found S1 really good, but not worthy of the hype and coverage it got, the same could be said to Made in Abyss and its sequel movie.
This movie just like Made in Abyss sequel movie gets me excited for what is in the future for both series because in the end, the last 1/3 definitely deserved to be put into a movie, and while always stellar, the first 2/3 build up really well to the actual climax.

9.1/10 = 9

Jul 7, 2021 3:32 PM

Apr 2014
alright i watched this movie straight after finishing the first season. i'll also start off by saying that i typically do not like anime movies that act as sequels instead of a full season. i think i would have enjoyed the arc a lot more if it was just split up into episodes, i don't know why or how to explain it.

i guess the pacing just felt weird, especially with the whole train demon thing and then all of a sudden the focus shifts to our flame dude and how he fights some cool powerful demon and dies

his death would have been a lot more impactful to me if we knew him before this movie, or if we just knew him for a longer time. i know he made an appearance in the first season but it was just that. yeah his death was sad but i kinda forgot about it right after the movie, it left no impact.

HOWEVER, i also kind of liked that. i liked that he was introduced as this super powerful character who Tanjirou is not even close to in terms of power and then he was just killed right in front of him by some random demon. i think it's fine that the demon randomly appeared and we've never seen him before. it kinda shows how scary the Upper ranks are and that not all fights will be wins. the saddest part of his death to me was that Tanjirou lost a possible mentor and i also would have just liked to see more of Rengoku's powers and all that, although it seemed like he pretty much showed all of them within the last part of the movie. the character himself seemed pretty odd.... i'm not sure if i would have liked more weird characters on top of the ones we already have. why must shounen always have these eccentric weirdos? they lose their appeal if there's too many of them. it's possible to be semi normal in terms of how you act and still be interesting. i promise you, shounen manga creators

as for the first part of the movie, about the train demon and all that- i actually quite enjoyed it. more so than the last fight between Rengoku and the demon dude. my favorite part specifically was Tanjirou's dream sequence and how he fought with it, but i'm always a fan of a healthy dose of edginess. one thing that i hope happens after this movie is that Tanjirou struggles mentally at least a little bit, because what kind of sane person would stay the same after killing themselves over and over again and seeing horrible nightmares? although, the train demon DID call Tanjirou insane, and it would be a very interesting direction to take Tanjirou to. alas, it is a shounen and i doubt anything remotely unique would happen to the protagonist's personality

one of the best parts of this movie was the lack of Zenitsu. stay asleep forever, please

i really wish the entire movie was about the train demon and that the other demon fight was saved for another movie or season or whatever. it just felt like the movie was split into two parts and it felt weird that the movie had Mugen Train in its title

i also really wish the train demon didn't turn into a weird fleshy train with tentacles. i feel like they could have explored the whole dream thing a lot more and the fights could have been completely psychological, but i guess that would be too boring for some people, and especially considering this was a movie

i just feel like there was a lot of potential lost here and it's a bit frustrating that it kinda was mostly generic, but it did sell well apparently so they achieved their goal. i do understand that the industry has to make money somehow so anime movies have been a lot more popular as sequels lately

whatever, it was still mostly fun to watch and pretty much the same as the first season- except in a weird paced movie form
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2021 3:36 PM

Oct 2015
Saw it on Funimation. I had to use a VPN since for all the advertisement they don't let you know it's region locked to North America.

I liked it. The dream sequence was painfully long though. We all knew where it was going and had to wait nearly an hour for it to get there but it delivered enough emotional weight to keep me entertained until then. The animation was also great as you'd expect. Rengoku was quite a character. I didn't expect him to die in his first showing but the author managed to make it incredibly heartfelt. Reminded me so much of Gurren Lagann in that moment.

Solid 8/10.
Jul 20, 2021 11:32 AM

Mar 2020
Amazing loved it. though most people did not understood the themes of the moviewhich tried to convey and misunderstood rengoku s character i guess... i guess.
All in all
9/10
And upper moons are stonger then the hashiras so if u think rui was defeated easily yet rengoku got defeated, then imagine 1000 ruis vs rengoku and even that will be weaker then akaza!
Jul 22, 2021 1:47 AM
Mar 2021
The final fight scene was absolutely stunning
Jul 23, 2021 2:14 AM

Dec 2016
Mind blowing animation and OST. Everything was perfect.

It's sad to see Rengoku die like that. The higher ranking demons are way stronger that even a Hashira couldn't defeat. But Rengoku did his best. It's really commendable that he didn't give up. Just like Tanjiro said, it's Rengoku who won and that demon is a coward for running away in fear of the sun. Rengoku turned out to be a great character than what I expected. It's unfortunate that this great character had to stay for a short time.

Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke crying like that made that scene really emotional.

Those dreams tho, Rengoku and Tanjiro's was the most deep and serious while Zenitsu and Inosuke's was the most ridiculous just like them XD

This movie was equally funny and sad at the same time...

Overall 9/10
Jul 23, 2021 2:41 AM

Nov 2019
Rickydory123 said:

Considering they just met him like 30 minutes ago, I'd personally go with illogical/manipulative rather than emotional. 'Ridiculous' also works.

Would've been far better with somber reactions.
Jul 23, 2021 3:16 AM

Dec 2016
Offkorn said:
Rickydory123 said:

Considering they just met him like 30 minutes ago, I'd personally go with illogical/manipulative rather than emotional. 'Ridiculous' also works.

Would've been far better with somber reactions.

I get that, realistically one would just sympathize and it's just the close ones who would cry but Tanjirou especially is the most emotional and feeling type. So, Rengoku's death just hit him hard emotionally.
Jul 27, 2021 7:33 AM

Jul 2016
I just honestly think it was such a well made and enjoyable movie, can’t wait for season 2 now
Penguins are funny
Jul 28, 2021 2:53 AM

Oct 2016
Still amazing how with the short time we were with Rengoku, he managed to win our hearts. The manga already made me sad when I read it back then and the movie increased that feeling sixfold. Manly tears were shed in this film damn, especially at the end.

In some of Hanae Natsuki's other roles he kinda annoys me with his voice, but he's truly perfect for Tanjiro, all his shouts this movie shot straight to my soul, especially when he said not to mock his family, that shit gave me goosebumps.

There's really nothing much to say about visuals and animation except Ufotable is based as always. Really awesome adaptation of the manga. Looking forward to season 2. 9/10

Also, my ears were already nutting from headphones alone, can only imagine how awesome it is to have experienced the movie in theaters.
Aug 8, 2021 12:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Incredible visuals and a kickass soundtrack with some great action scenes too. And Rengoku was such an amazing character. A shame he has to die and a waste of space and ink like Zenitsu is still around. At the very least this film kept his lines to a minimum.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 9, 2021 12:31 AM

Jan 2021
Scordolo said:
I feel like this arc was too rushed.Would've been more cooler if it explained in detail how the Demon fused itself with the train but nope.It just did.Would've been more cooler if they explained in detail how they used Total concentration breathing to close up the wound but nope.It just happened.Also,what was Akaza even doing this whole time?Wouldn't it be more easier if he was teaming up with Enmu?Also when Enmu put everyone to sleep why didn't he just killed them right there?Nonetheless I enjoyed the overall movie and Rengoku vs Akaza was lit af.
@Ventus_S you can say the same thing about Rengoku.He was just introduced to the story and they just killed him right there.There should've been more of him contributing to the story but there was literally nothing.His whole fight was pointless af.His death seems so pointless and it feels like his death never contributed to the main story.

Akaza wouldnt team up with enmu cause they already told us that demons dont team up to fight especially when one is an upper rank while the other is lower.

About enmu not killing them instantly while they all were sleep was a bit shocking for me too but the I remembered that it was ENMU, a sadist who likes to torture people before killing them, it just sums up to his plan so I think that this part was actually well written and self explained.

About the rengoku fight being pointless, it was his job to make sure that all the passengers were safe from demon attacks and on top of that we get to see a beautiful fight. As Hashira one cannot presume to live longer but it means that they have more threats so killing him of like this just shows how cruel the world the hashiras live in is, So in no way did hid death felt pointless. ( I mean their can be difference in opinion they way you look at it but your opinion is yours and my opinion is mine )
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 10, 2021 6:38 AM

Jan 2018
I nearly fell asleep during the middle of the movie because of all the talks about sleeping, dreams and shit. Still an entertaining movie I guess.
Best part of the movie is Tanjilord repeatedly committing jisatsu imo. But that might just be cos I like edgy shit.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» So the movie was pointless? ( 1 2 )

ibm30rpg - Sep 26, 2021

60 by Early_Morning »»
Jan 7, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM

» for people who have watched the movie vers of mugen only!!

b3llamy - Jan 4, 2022

15 by crystal_yuy »»
Jan 22, 2023 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.