Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2020 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More of a buildup episode revolving around the idols and their futures. One interesting part about this season so far is the focus on the student council, specifically Setsuna.

That pouring of emotions though..I got a feeling we'll see more of that this season. For now, Setsuna's character role seems to remain important in the story.
Oct 17, 2020 6:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Managed to catch the live broadcast of Episode 3 on Love Live YT Channel.

Little to no surprise, but Setsuna-kaichou is back to the School Idol business. And that too, with some performance! Definitely my favourite of the MVs so far.

Props to Yuu-chan for the unconditional support.

Found the first half to be a tad bit boring but the final few minutes of the second half proved otherwise.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 17, 2020 7:36 AM

Feb 2019
Setsuna is back! And with a banger song as usual. Yu-chan the real MVP for talking her out of retirement. Her harem is growing. Excited for next week’s ep
Oct 17, 2020 7:38 AM

Sep 2019
So who's gonna be the center? Surely not Yuu right? Cause the OP starts with her.
Oct 17, 2020 7:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What a beautiful episode, the development on Setsuna was really interesting and wow she looks so much better like that at the end xD + the visuals quality was great
Oct 17, 2020 7:50 AM

Jan 2019
This is the third episode and we have now clearly 8 members of the school idol club. Nijigasaki High School Idol Club offers defenitively a higher tempo than their predecessors!

A good episode, the same high quality than both episode before. It is quite refreshing, that the characters are not stupid for story reason. When Setsuna as Nana tells her reasons for quitting being school idol to Yuu, Yuu is able to guess, that Nana is in fact Setsuna. I really like it, when the characters are not just to be assumed as intelligent persons but act as intelligent perseons.

And now, after three episodes I want to give my first impression of this anime:
Most of them is top quality. I like the characters as far, as it is assessable after three episodes. Some of them have shown her depth (Yuu, Ayumu, Kasumi) and for Setsuna is definitively still enough room to show some depth.
The joyousful colored graphics are really good, but not impressive.
The story can be taken seriously. There are no moments, where the characters acts childish for humor reasons and even when Kasumi act forcefully kawaii, it is not out of place.
Furthermore I really like the ending song. But for the way, the insert songs are performed, it breaks all the good premises. When in all the other moments the anime can be taken seriously, it is quite disturbing, that the insert songs seems to be fully out of any reality.
As a conclusion: Even when imho the music of School Idol Project better is, I like Nijigasaki High School Club more than their predecessors.

P.S: It is(at least until now) not possible to directly compare the characters of Nijigasaki High School Club with the characters of School Idol Project or Sunshine! But Kasumi is much better then Nico Yazawa ;)
Oct 17, 2020 7:51 AM

Jul 2013
I felt the part with Yuu and Setsuna toward the end was kind of too melodramatic. Her issues were resolved too quickly in my opinion, but overall it is still quite enjoyable.
Oct 17, 2020 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
Yuu-chan is such a sweetie. Glad to see her giving Setsuna the support and reassurance she needed.

Great episode and Setsuna's performance was awesome as well.

Curious to see what the story direction is gonna be since we kinda have a different story this time around. Even Setsuna's stuff got wrapped up fast, I think the 3rd years took like twice the amount of episodes as it took here in the original and Sunshine.
Oct 17, 2020 7:59 AM

Aug 2013
Yuu was able to convince Setsuna to go back to being an idol which was cool.

Setsuna's song and performance was fire.

Oct 17, 2020 8:01 AM
Apr 2020
Yuu's harem grows, kaichou is in the club, things are going well. I'm glad they didn't stick too long on the setsuna being out of the club plot.
Oct 17, 2020 8:06 AM

Oct 2017
This was kinda ehhhh? lol.

Well the whole Setsuna thing was resolved really quick like I thought it would but it was kinda cringe tbh. Well atleast it wasn't dragged out. The song from Setsuna chan was pretty lit thou.
Oct 17, 2020 8:08 AM
Sep 2020
Nice episode Thanks yuu takasaki, and i think next episode will be best because more Ai miyashita scene
Shit now i must waiting again for next episode
Chaosx42616Oct 17, 2020 2:35 PM
Oct 17, 2020 8:23 AM

Nov 2008
That was quick, you'd expect Setsuna's arc to last at least 3 episodes, however her song and performance were beautiful.

Oct 17, 2020 8:27 AM

Jan 2019
Another great episode. Nice development for Setsuna and Yu being a good manager as expected by providing some support to her. Setsuna's song at the end was fire of course. She does look cuter I think with her hair down and glasses off.

It's quite interesting though how much the story differs from LLSIFAS. Not that I'm that far, but the anime seems to provide more depth, which I appreciate a lot.

Also, Yu x Setsuna.
Oct 17, 2020 8:45 AM

Sep 2019
Setsuna is back, we got to hear her song at the end of the episode. She’s really cute but my #1 is still Rina.
Oct 17, 2020 8:48 AM

Sep 2017
Looking forward to Ai getting a focus next week!
RinTohsaka_ said:
So who's gonna be the center? Surely not Yuu right? Cause the OP starts with her.

Ayumu is the center for most Nijigaku group songs (ex. Tokimeki Runners). Yuu is there as a supporter and songwriter
Oct 17, 2020 8:59 AM

Mar 2019
Not entering Love Live?! How dare... Impossible. Do we go Idolm@ster now with Yu as producer?

Great solo again from Setsuna, this time with DIVE!
Pretty sure the next poll will be her on top... Having already two solos in three episode AND amazing character as well.

Sleepy goddess's voice matches perfectly.
Oct 17, 2020 9:05 AM

Oct 2013
I've noticed this small neat detail when Karin too Kasumin's pan she smoothly split it in half and gave the other half to Emma.

Smooth af, Karin. I ship.
Oct 17, 2020 9:36 AM
Jan 2016
SETSUNA IS BEST GIRL
the songs are literally so amazing also the art style is rly good
I love how idk emotional it was in that scene when Yuu convinces Setsu to become an idol again, and the symbolism in the performance scenes. This is artistry(sorry if I sound obsessed I am just a big fan of LL in general)
Yohane shoukan!
Oct 17, 2020 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
3DCG wasn't as polished as the first episode... and we all know Setsuna would get in again, so ending the unecessary drama as fast as possible is better.

Oct 17, 2020 9:45 AM

Mar 2020
Setsuna is back in action as a school idol.

It would seem that the school idol group has now been revived with probably almost every notable character in the picture. It should be a straight forward love live show from here on out. I may be wrong so don't quote me on that.

Great episode :)
Oct 17, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
Setsuna is the true OP idol this season. Loved her performance.

Setsuna added to yuu's harem of school idols.
Oct 17, 2020 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
May just be me but this Love Live cast is easily the most boring and forgettable bunch among the Love Live groups.
Oct 17, 2020 11:04 AM

Jan 2019
Penguinman_37 said:

It would seem that the school idol group has now been revived with probably almost every notable character in the picture. It should be a straight forward love live show from here on out. I may be wrong so don't quote me on that.

I have to disagree. There is building up some tension between Karin and Setsuna. First of all, Karin wanted to act further without Setsuna. And of all of the girls, who attended this discussion, Karin is the once, who were missing, when Yuu tried to get Setsuna back to club. This was surely on purpose and I think, that Karin simply didn't want to welcome Setsuna back. Look at the picture in the spoiler. She crosses her arms, a sign of refusal. And she is the once shown, who doesn't cheer to Setsunas comeback.

Oct 17, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
The Setsuna melodrama on the roof was a bit over the top imo, but overall it was a pretty solid episode. Karin's smug face was the highlight of it for me.

This makes me feel many emotions and I'm not sure how to describe them all.
Oct 17, 2020 11:19 AM

Mar 2020
Tigerle said:
Penguinman_37 said:

I have to disagree. There is building up some tension between Karin and Setsuna. First of all, Karin wanted to act further without Setsuna. And of all of the girls, who attended this discussion, Karin is the once, who were missing, when Yuu tried to get Setsuna back to club. This was surely on purpose and I think, that Karin simply didn't want to welcome Setsuna back. Look at the picture in the spoiler. She crosses her arms, a sign of refusal. And she is the once shown, who doesn't cheer to Setsunas comeback.

"I may be wrong so don't quote me on that." Penguinman_37 writes

Tigerle quotes me lol

I do see your point and that's why I said don't quote me on that cause I might be wrong and if I am wrong that's cool. I'm writing down what I think is going to happen in the future not what actually is going to happen.
Oct 17, 2020 11:33 AM

Dec 2013
I love how Kasumi acts like a drug dealer with her sandwiches haha.
Oct 17, 2020 11:40 AM

Nov 2019
Much better and interesting than the predecessors, most definitely my favourite LL series so far. The others were speed watched as slow and boring imo, this one has pacing and love the songs the most.

Setsuna-chan might end up being fave, but Rina seems like she's best girl material. Can't wait for the episode which will focus on Ai as she's a former delinquent, probably going to end up as second favourite or something...

Also, that look Karin gave, it was pretty awesome, gave me Blend S flashbacks!

Love how all the characters are super diverse and the different units (I think) focus on different idol aspects other than just being cute. Hyped to see what's next~ (〇*>∀<)ゞ★☆
Oct 17, 2020 11:41 AM
Jan 2017
Setsuna's song was a banger, ngl i am kind of a sucker for hype songs though.

I can't wait to see more of Rina-chan
Oct 17, 2020 11:46 AM

Jul 2008
I think it's very cool how the goal of this series isn't winning Love Live, or saving the school. It's just about these girls finding joy through being school idols and doing what they love.
Oct 17, 2020 11:50 AM
Jan 2020
The episode gave a good background to what exactly was happening.
The student council and Setsuna are two different people.
Good to see things turn out well.
Oct 17, 2020 11:52 AM
Apr 2019
Okay but why did Setsuna close the school Idol club then? Her saying "I quit because they can't reach love live with me and I keep hurting them so they're better off without me..." and then closing the school idol club makes no sense. Did I miss anything or does Setsuna make no sense?
Oct 17, 2020 12:15 PM

Jan 2019
Hk2 said:
Okay but why did Setsuna close the school Idol club then? Her saying "I quit because they can't reach love live with me and I keep hurting them so they're better off without me..." and then closing the school idol club makes no sense. Did I miss anything or does Setsuna make no sense?
Club needs 5 people, if Setsuna leaves they'd be forced to close it. Ofc it'll continue if they manage to reach the minimum even without her.
misaka-9982Oct 17, 2020 12:18 PM
Oct 17, 2020 12:31 PM
Apr 2019
misaka-9982 said:
Hk2 said:
Club needs 5 people, if Setsuna leaves they'd be forced to close it. Ofc it'll continue if they manage to reach the minimum even without her.

I don't think that's how it works. You only need 5 to start it. In the original school idol project Nico was able to keeo her club alive even though she was the only member because they started with 5. Here she just decided to close the club out of nowhere without even telling them why or that they need more members or anything. It's kind of an asshole move.
Oct 17, 2020 12:57 PM

Jan 2019
Hk2 said:

I don't think that's how it works. You only need 5 to start it. In the original school idol project Nico was able to keeo her club alive even though she was the only member because they started with 5. Here she just decided to close the club out of nowhere without even telling them why or that they need more members or anything. It's kind of an asshole move.

Other school, other rules!
Oct 17, 2020 1:01 PM

Jan 2019
Hk2 said:
misaka-9982 said:

Nijigasaki could be different though. If we go by what I said concerning club rules, Setsuna left, so they'd have no choice to close it. Besides, the other members didn't really want her to leave and they cared about her, so I don't think they viewed her as an asshole.
misaka-9982Oct 17, 2020 1:07 PM
Oct 17, 2020 1:48 PM

Jul 2013
MegamiRem said:
This was kinda ehhhh? lol.

Well the whole Setsuna thing was resolved really quick like I thought it would but it was kinda cringe tbh. Well atleast it wasn't dragged out. The song from Setsuna chan was pretty lit thou.

I agree. It felt rushed.
Oct 17, 2020 1:56 PM

Jan 2019
Hk2 said:
misaka-9982 said:

Tigerle said:

Other school, other rules!

I could imagine that Setsuna closed the club in the heat of the moment, without thinking that the other girls could prefer to continue the activities of the club without her. We're talking about a teenager, after all. It may even have been a symbolic move towards putting an end to that specific group. If the other girls continued the club without Setsuna, it would be a different club. Of course, I'm just speculating.

I also think that it is more likely that a club cannot continue to exist with less than the minimum number of members because, since Nijigasaki Highschool has such a large number of clubs, maintaining many clubs with 1-4 members could be unworkable.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 17, 2020 2:08 PM

May 2013
No doubt that Setsuna is my fav this season but I have the feeling this Karin could become my 2nd fav~
Oct 17, 2020 2:20 PM

Jul 2012
I'm still shocked that Karin has found out Nana Nakagawa is actually Setsuna Yuki, and it's only the 3rd episode. Aside from that, this is another pretty good episode. I really like the character development of Setsuna in this episode, and Yuu was able to convince her to become an idol again. As always, Setsuna has made another rocking performance at the end, and her outfit was so fiery and badass. She's been my second favorite girl besides Emma.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 17, 2020 2:47 PM

Aug 2019
Might be the best Love Live series out of the three so far for me because I actually like the MC this time around, cough Honoka cough and the other members are pretty chill as well.
Oct 17, 2020 3:18 PM

Dec 2008
That was a banger, best song I have heard in all of the Love Live iterations.
vault2049Oct 17, 2020 7:45 PM
Oct 17, 2020 4:43 PM

Jul 2016
I still feel that Setsuna was thinking way too hard about her being "selfish" when the truth is that she only had one little silly argument with a girl who only thinks about "being cute". This said, I'm glad she's back and well, Love Live wouldn't be Love Live without its fair amount of slight melodrama.

Nice episode overall. Yuu is quickly becoming one of my favorite girls here and I'm actually surprised with the growth Kasumi received from one episode to another. The scene with her giving sandwiches as if she was a drug dealer was quite funny too.

And by the way, unpopular opinion here but I think Setsuna looks way cuter with glasses and braids ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SouthRzVaOct 17, 2020 4:48 PM
Oct 17, 2020 4:58 PM

Apr 2009
Kasumi is such an idiot, I love it.
Oct 17, 2020 5:38 PM

Oct 2012
I like they didn't drag Setsuna's revelation for way too long, this was actually perfect.

Also, it's great that they scrapped the idea of going for Love Live competition so early on - we don't need another copies here. And while I believe they'll get to concert at big stadium at the end, NOT going for Love Live is actually a good thing.

(part of me would wish they become famous on their own, by travelling the country, holding concerts - something Aquors should have done from the start to make themselves distinctively different. But I guess I can dream on).

Something I noticed is the characters are no longer just your usual archetypes/tropes like in previous two seasons but normal girls living their high-school lives (well, maybe except Kasumi). That alone can add another dimension to their depth and I like they are taking their time to get them together slowly and gradually, unlike some developement before (Karin still fits the role of Nozomi though).

Yu really shined during this episode, I wonder if she joins the group too in the end as a twist (as she is supposed to be player character in the game) or if she stays as their manager and composer only. She's so great there has to be some will to push her on the stage too, right? :_D
Oct 17, 2020 6:33 PM

Jul 2019
While Setsuna's reintroduction might of felt rushed, honestly it makes me glad. We've all already seen the same thing twice so having a first season that doesn't focus on stupid drama for the sake of it is much better. I'm glad they didn't have Setsuna be stupidly against the idea of re-opening the club like Eli and Dia were, because it just felt insanely forced and unnatural. The original and Sunshine wasted so much time in their first seasons just setting up the members that it was honestly annoying.
It's also really refreshing having Yu as our MC, she has a lot more personality than in the game and it's nice having a character who isn't stupidly optimistic (i.e wanting to win Love Live on their first ever try) and isn't a complete useless baffoon 90% of the time. Both Honoka and Chika are great but their complete lack of basic brain function is honestly astounding at times.
Oct 17, 2020 7:42 PM
May 2020
I had just finished Anime episode 3, there are lots of information to analysis and talk about. These issues may lead to a completely different path of niji's story, compared with μ's and Aqours.
We've found that LoveLive contest still exist in the story. However Yuu seems to have no interest, considering Setsuna's mind. There's always a clear main target of LL series: save the school and win LoveLive the contest. This time there's no need to save school, but who knows? maybe they will perorm Tokimeki Runners on the LoveLive contest in the last episode, thouhgh I don't think they are going this way. In the previous three years, Niji has showed a lot that they will not play it similarly.
This is the first time in LoveLive series that a school idol club already had 7 members just in 3 episodes. Niji's story is totally different from that of μ's and Aqours. Some traditions are also excluded, such as strong bond between 2nd grade and a frustrated first live.
Some may already guessed that Ai would be the next, then Rina, and Karin the last one to join the group, according to the CD cover of ED theme and the umbrella appears in ED (looks like the sequence of personal episode). The third grade always had some tragic stories like Eli or Kanan and Mari. This time Kanata and Emma have returned in this episode, but would Karin not join until episode 9? that would depend on the stories behind Karin, which may be the first climax in season 1.
So far, Karin is a misterious girl in the Anime. Besides she is a model, all we know about Karin before Anime had not revealed on her yet. In comparison, we would not know the story about what happed on Eli in her childhood until Episode 8 of LL, and didn't know the complete story of Aqours until season 2 of LLSS! However Karin have make a huge progress for the story, I guess helping Emma would not be the only reason she doing this.
We haven't find Shioriko in the Anime yet. there are two mainly opinion on this: Either Shioriko will appear in season two, or she will appear in the late season 1. I prefer the latter since that Shioriko's joining would not be a reasonable ending for Niji's story, considered there's a slim chance there will be a season 3.
So if things goes as predicted, the first 9 episode would be personal episodes of each members, paving the way to episode 9 for Karin, and Shioriko's debut in Anime.
Oct 17, 2020 8:44 PM

May 2020
Guys, we are incredible, look how we are building our own harem, without us the club is nothing (if they play SIF you understand why hahaha). Yuu, the MVP.

I love how they are improving the story to make it more consistent and better for a TV show. I am in love with Nijigasaki girls.
Oct 18, 2020 12:53 AM

Jul 2017
Yuu's harem is increasing. Sasuga Setsuna-chan!
All the episodes are great so far. Kasumeme was hilarious once again with the "bribing" bread. lmao
I think Yuu as a protagonist is a brilliant edition to the franchise, it makes the usual Love Live tropes to take a different path.
It seems that the next episode will be more of Ai and Rina from what I've seen from the preview. Looking forward to it.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Oct 18, 2020 3:32 AM

Feb 2018
RinTohsaka_ said:

will be Ayumu indeed
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NV2301 - Dec 26, 2020

99 by Desaturate »»
Nov 5, 2023 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.