Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 26, 2020 7:06 AM

Oct 2010
Drinking is a social act and many people on the internet don't tend to engage much in them. It doesn't matter whether they watch anime or not.

I only drink alcohol when I go out with friends, so in these corona times my liver is healthier than ever.
Sep 26, 2020 7:13 AM
Jul 2020
Religious purposes my friend...

Sep 26, 2020 7:54 AM

Feb 2010
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
1. No one to drink with.
2. Not worth it with the awful awful hang over the next day

Only drank twice this year, birthday with my mom in January and July 4th party.

Tropisch said:

Poisoning my body doesn't exactly sound like "fun" or a healthy way to deal with anxiety.

hazarddex said:
because i would rather not poison my body with something that debilitates you decision making skills? and can result in long term neuron damage and completely destroy your liver?

i find it more weird people are fine with drinking a ton, but refuse the idea of cybernetic bodies. of all people you would think alcoholics would be down with sturdier livers.

You do know drinking a few drinks once a month isn't going to kill you right? You literally need to be an alcoholic. Jesus christ these forums are aids.

You both sound like you have never even felt the joys it is like to be drunk. No wonder you say this shit.
i have a long history of dealing with other alcoholics for roommates or tenents. i don't think i plan on "enjoying." it any time soon.
a few drinks isn't going to kill a person, but it will still inhibit there ability to make good decisions.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 26, 2020 8:04 AM

Jul 2015
Ryuk9428 said:
Tropisch said:

Poisoning my body doesn't exactly sound like "fun" or a healthy way to deal with anxiety.

You guys act like its heroin. I mean I get not wanting to be blackout drunk or throwing up but you honestly have to drink a lot to get to that stage. A single beer is barely gonna do anything to you. If you drank one you'd probably be like "wtf this is it?" And go drink another one. Two beers should do something but its still well under what will cause you to vomit or blackout.

I mean I won't push anybody to do anything, but in my experience, being a drinker does help you get along with people. It helps at large social gatherings because you have less anxiety and its also just a fun topic of discussion to bring up sometimes. Lot of people like talking about funny drunk stories.

But everybody has their own level of risk tolerance and if you are worried that you have an addictive personality or your family has a history of alcoholism then I understand.

Ethanol is actually not that far behind heroin in terms of destructiveness, addiction, and dangers to society, so I find your comparison quite dangerous. I don't think you're doing it while knowing what you do, but it's a big problem with alcohol: people don't know what they're doing.
Having lived with heroin addicts and alcoholics, they're pretty much the same for people around them, with the distinction that alcoholics NEVER stop. I've seen a few couples where the heroin addict stopped, and the alcoholic is still struggling with their addiction 10 or 20 years after.

The legality of drugs has nothing to do with their dangerosity. LSD is one of the most harmless drug for the body and society, yet it's one of the most severely sanctionned drug on the market. Benzos, nicotine and ethanol are absolute trash wich ruins many lives, yet they're legal.
Sep 26, 2020 8:05 AM

Apr 2015
@Kayle_x_Morgana Getting drunk for "fun", yeah, I wouldn't trust you at all. And I've been around drunk people who did it for "fun". Being loud, obnoxious, and just flat out annoying sure is something I must be missing out on.
TropischSep 26, 2020 8:14 AM
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 26, 2020 8:06 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
You should stay away from beer, Ryuk. It gives men man-boobs in addition to all the empty calories.
Sep 26, 2020 8:21 AM

May 2016
Tropisch said:
@Kayle_x_Morgana Getting drunk for "fun", yeah, I wouldn't trust you at all. And I've been around drunk people who did it for "fun". Being loud, obnoxious, and just flat out annoying sure is something I must be missing out on.
Yeah they are having fun? Obviously YOU aren't having fun when you aren't and having to listen to them.
Sep 26, 2020 8:35 AM

Apr 2015
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Tropisch said:
Yeah they are having fun? Obviously YOU aren't having fun when you aren't and having to listen to them.

My definition of "fun" isn't being an irresponsible person and annoying people. Having no respect for those around you seems to be your kind of fun, but whatever.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 26, 2020 8:49 AM

May 2016
Tropisch said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

My definition of "fun" isn't being an irresponsible person and annoying people. Having no respect for those around you seems to be your kind of fun, but whatever.

Insert generic "you must be fun at parties" phrase.
Sep 26, 2020 11:39 AM

Mar 2019
Ghemotoc said:
Ryuk9428 said:

You guys act like its heroin. I mean I get not wanting to be blackout drunk or throwing up but you honestly have to drink a lot to get to that stage. A single beer is barely gonna do anything to you. If you drank one you'd probably be like "wtf this is it?" And go drink another one. Two beers should do something but its still well under what will cause you to vomit or blackout.

I mean I won't push anybody to do anything, but in my experience, being a drinker does help you get along with people. It helps at large social gatherings because you have less anxiety and its also just a fun topic of discussion to bring up sometimes. Lot of people like talking about funny drunk stories.

But everybody has their own level of risk tolerance and if you are worried that you have an addictive personality or your family has a history of alcoholism then I understand.

Ethanol is actually not that far behind heroin in terms of destructiveness, addiction, and dangers to society, so I find your comparison quite dangerous. I don't think you're doing it while knowing what you do, but it's a big problem with alcohol: people don't know what they're doing.
Having lived with heroin addicts and alcoholics, they're pretty much the same for people around them, with the distinction that alcoholics NEVER stop. I've seen a few couples where the heroin addict stopped, and the alcoholic is still struggling with their addiction 10 or 20 years after.

The legality of drugs has nothing to do with their dangerosity. LSD is one of the most harmless drug for the body and society, yet it's one of the most severely sanctionned drug on the market. Benzos, nicotine and ethanol are absolute trash wich ruins many lives, yet they're legal.

I wasn’t talking about it in terms of legality or not. Heroin is objectively a lot more dangerous. Alcohol isn’t nearly as addictive as heroin is, even if it’s just as bad once you do have an addiction to it.

Tropisch said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Jesus dude you just sound like you’ve got a massive stick up your ass. Let me guess you’re the guy that calls the cops even when his neighbors are having a party at 11:00 on a Friday?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2020 11:43 AM

Feb 2010
Ryuk9428 said:

Jesus dude you just sound like you’ve got a massive stick up your ass. Let me guess you’re the guy that calls the cops even when his neighbors are having a party at 11:00 on a Friday?

just so you know legally if you are making noise for hours past 11:00 am at night that all your neighbors can hear you are breaking a law.

know as disturbing the peace.

this also applies to if your neighbor lets there dog bark without stopping it and the dogs going on for a full 30 minutes.

so sorry but your brand of "fun" is in fact illegal.
GrimAtramentSep 26, 2020 12:00 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 26, 2020 11:54 AM

Apr 2017
I'm religious and drinking is sinful in my religion but nonetheless, I Would never waste my moey over expensive things that will ruin my health anyway.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Sep 26, 2020 11:55 AM

Apr 2010
hazarddex said:
Ryuk9428 said:

just so you know legally if you are making noise for hours past 11:00 am at night that all your neighbors can hear you are breaking a law.

this also applies to if your neighbor lets there dog bark without stopping it and the dogs going on for a full 30 minutes.

That's a valid point. Just an observation too but isn't saying someone has a stick up their ass for having a different opinion than they do when it comes to fun the same kind of shaming tactics SJW's use?
Sep 26, 2020 12:00 PM

Mar 2019
hazarddex said:
Ryuk9428 said:

It doesn't matter, nobody likes those types of people, even the cops find those types of people irritating. You should never call the cops on your neighbors having a party on a Friday or Saturday night even if it goes until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. Partying on a Wednesday night, fair enough, people got work the next day. But on Fridays/Saturdays you can afford to stay up a little later and sleep in a little.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2020 12:31 PM

Oct 2017
I've had a few drinks of various kinds of alcohol, I can say that it tastes shit lol. Punch is the only good stuff but I can live on water and wouldn't complain one bit.
The noise of my block mates when I'm trying to work or sleep has given me a breakdown already.
I'd much rather drink something with more benefits to the body. It's incredibly expensive as well. I'd rather buy a years supply of milk than one bottle of alcohol.
Sep 26, 2020 12:39 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
I rarely ever drink and if I do it's during a afterwork party, I don't really find any joy in it and it doesn't taste particularly good.
Sep 26, 2020 1:36 PM

Nov 2017
I don't think me being a teetotaler has anything to do with me being an anime fan, its simply a coincidence.
Sep 26, 2020 1:49 PM

Sep 2017
I only drank once in a party, vodka
I almost vomitted.Tastes like shit, how do people enjoy these stuff?
خ
Sep 26, 2020 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
I dont drink because lots of reasons
First off is the fact that people who drink are usually annoying and incoherent in thought. I find them annoying along with being disgusted by the idea of not being in full normal control of my usual actions and even maybe forgetting things I only just recently did because of lowered or altered brain functions

Drinking is also for losers in most causes, Its a beverage of which one usually uses to help forget hardships instead of actually dealing with them like several of my family members have done along with countless numbers of their friends too

Addiction runs in my family bloodline from both my mom and dad so its best I stay away from it as to not become addicted

I dont have a car but Im just incredible disgusted by how many underserving people die from drunk driving and other alcohol related deaths because other people deciding to drink
Sep 26, 2020 3:29 PM

Nov 2013
Noboru said:
I don't mind alcohol in foodstuff like in chocolate, liqueur in ice cream or to be put on meat for flavour, but I don't want to drink alcohol for the sake of drinking alcohol or to get more loose.

I have only tasted once accidentally wine because some stupid seller gave me negus/mulled wine instead of the non-alcoholic (children) punch. It tasted bad

I'm also not a fan of non-alcoholic alcohol drinks. I've tried a bit of non-alcoholic sparkling wine on a party and it has made me not want to drink anything like this anymore forever and ever

Yeah, me too, basically. I also do not mind alcohol in chocolate, but I really only drank alcohol, accidentally, twice in my entire life. The first time was when I was around five years old and drank a lot of alcohol from a bottle in one gulp believing it was water, which was very problematic, and the second time was when I was twelve and drank a bit of wine at a party believing it was grape juice.
I do have some vices that I have to deal with, but alcoholic drinks have really never aroused my interest.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Sep 26, 2020 6:20 PM

Aug 2018
People in here are generally young so they don’t drink. Personlly, I am a student + I’m Danish = ... I’m very experienced in our beer culture.

Drinking is not as bad as people make it out to be in here. Just drink with modesty, know your limits and don’t think you’re invincible after having a little alcohol in your blood. Fun fact, I met my best friend over a vodka shot duel back in high school. Pretty sure I won but I don’t remember. (Went against my own advise, I know). So it can diffently also function as a good way to meet new people. It’s not all instant death by liver cancer or kidney failures as some of you guys make it out to be.
Sep 26, 2020 7:46 PM

Nov 2009
Ryuk9428 said:
Tropisch said:

I agree there’s nothing wrong with having a drink now and then as long as it’s not in excess. (Not to the point you’re blackout drunk). I don’t think a lot of people here could survive in the U.K./Europe lol... drinking is the norm for anything and every occasion that’s being celebrated. I started going to parties when I was about 15 and it’s just normal here. I think because it’s normalised it’s not really seen as crazy or bad to have a drink. By the time you get to my age (24) you’ve calmed down a lot. It’s crazy to me how you have to be 21 to buy a beer in America.
Sep 26, 2020 9:06 PM

May 2013
Fatephile said:

You gotta let it warm you up. Drinking straight vodka isn't that tough, but if it's late at night and you've had a few already, watch out.

You'll get way too drunk and become incapacitated.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 26, 2020 9:40 PM

Nov 2009
Ryuk9428 said:
hazarddex said:

It doesn't matter, nobody likes those types of people, even the cops find those types of people irritating. You should never call the cops on your neighbors having a party on a Friday or Saturday night even if it goes until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. Partying on a Wednesday night, fair enough, people got work the next day. But on Fridays/Saturdays you can afford to stay up a little later and sleep in a little.

This is a pretty weird way of thinking. It's not like the US (where I see you're from) just shuts down on Saturday and Sunday. Plenty of people work weekends and don't get to sleep in the next day. I work at a vet that is open on Saturdays, and I am so grateful that I have a kind old couple living upstairs. I formerly had some young people upstairs that partied on weekends, and it was hellish since due to my work schedule.

OT: I don't drink because I'm allergic to alcohol. I USED to drink socially, and I really enjoyed it, but around when I turned 25 I started getting violently ill after a couple sips of beer and hard liquor. Wine gives me terrible headaches about halfway through a single glass. Weirdly I also became allergic to eggs at about the same time. Anyways, I'm definitely healthier without alcohol, but there are times I wish I could have a drink. Maybe a couple times a year I'll have a little bit of wine just for a slight buzz, but that's all I can tolerate.
Sep 26, 2020 9:51 PM

Mar 2019
ErikaFurudo said:
Ryuk9428 said:

I agree there’s nothing wrong with having a drink now and then as long as it’s not in excess. (Not to the point you’re blackout drunk). I don’t think a lot of people here could survive in the U.K./Europe lol... drinking is the norm for anything and every occasion that’s being celebrated. I started going to parties when I was about 15 and it’s just normal here. I think because it’s normalised it’s not really seen as crazy or bad to have a drink. By the time you get to my age (24) you’ve calmed down a lot. It’s crazy to me how you have to be 21 to buy a beer in America.

Yeah I looked it up and it seems that moderate drinkers actually live longer than non-drinkers do. I don't know why that's the case but I think it shows that alcohol is not like cigarettes, you can drink alcohol in moderation and it be completely harmless. I've never met anyone in my life who is as afraid of alcohol as some of the people in this thread are.

It is illegal but most people here don't take it very seriously after they go to college. It might as well be legal for 19-20 year olds to drink given how common it is and how easy it is to get once you're in college.

Personally though, I have been drinking since I was 15 years old. I was a bit of a wild child in high school and didn't like rules much.

@MajesticOtaKing

I know some people work on weekends but I feel like that's part of the risk you take on in working weekends. People gotta have some day for it and Fridays and Saturdays are generally the best day.
Ryuk9428Sep 26, 2020 9:55 PM
Sep 26, 2020 10:19 PM

Apr 2015
I love how I'm the one with "a massive stick up my ass" but Ryuk is berating people for being non-alcoholic and saying it's ok to be disruptive to your neighbors, but whatever.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 26, 2020 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:

I know some people work on weekends but I feel like that's part of the risk you take on in working weekends. People gotta have some day for it and Fridays and Saturdays are generally the best day.

That argument doesn't really work. There are 2 sides to it. One is, you can be the person who works Saturdays and you can choose to "be considerate and compassionate for their need to let loose" by not calling the police and complaining. On the other side, you can be the person with a M-F job and you can "be considerate and compassionate for their need to get to sleep" by not being loud when drinking. I don't think it should be assumed that people "need to have a day" to be loud late at night in their apartment when drinking. First, you don't have to drink, and second, you don't have to be loud when drinking.

Maybe I'm just too compassionate to other people when it comes to noise, but even when I'm hanging out with friends at night I'm a little surprised when they start being loud or doing things that could bother neighbors. (I don't say anything when I'm there because I'm not a buzzkill lmao, but since I'm just on the internet just having a discussion about my reasoning I'm bringing it up). I just consider it to be inconsiderate to not be thinking about the noise you're making for your neighbors, especially at night.
Sep 26, 2020 10:28 PM

Mar 2019
Tropisch said:
I love how I'm the one with "a massive stick up my ass" but Ryuk is berating people for being non-alcoholic and saying it's ok to be disruptive to your neighbors, but whatever.

You have a stick up your ass because you think drinking a few beers means "being irresponsible." I didn't berate anyone else, I am berating you specifically for the pretentious attitude you're showing. If anything is "annoying" and "obnoxious" its your attitude.

@Murrin

Utilitarian principals would indicate that the enjoyment of 50 or 60 people matters more than the ease of 1 or 2. There should be a day or two where people can be loud and have parties. Otherwise we become a boring and sterile society because we won't do anything if it even slightly inconveniences someone.
Ryuk9428Sep 26, 2020 10:32 PM
Sep 26, 2020 10:32 PM

Jul 2019
I mean I'm underaged and my parents don't drink nor do I have friends no I have no access to alcohol. But I've had drank before
Sep 26, 2020 11:11 PM

Sep 2017
xMizu_ said:
Fatephile said:

You gotta let it warm you up. Drinking straight vodka isn't that tough, but if it's late at night and you've had a few already, watch out.

I only wanted to know how it's like being drunk.I didn't get drunk, I was only disgusted.I promised myself to never drink from that day
خ
Sep 26, 2020 11:51 PM

May 2013
Fatephile said:
xMizu_ said:

I only wanted to know how it's like being drunk.I didn't get drunk, I was only disgusted.I promised myself to never drink from that day

Oh man it's super fun. You need like 4 beers to truly experience tipsiness.

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 27, 2020 12:25 AM

Aug 2014
I have several different types of alcohol in my liquor cabinet. The bottom of my fridge also has a case of sun king and some wine coolers. In a typical week I might have one or two drinks? There are days when depression hits me hard or I'm just really stressed out from work and fill up my blender to make a vodka smoothie. I'm definitely not an alcoholic by any means, but if I'm invited to a party I'm gonna knock out a couple of bottles with friends. If I go to the bar for drinks after work, we're gonna work out a couple rounds. Alcohol helps to loosen up and forget your worries or weaken those barriers that you've been building up so nobody sees how sad and depressed you really are. Having a drink every once in a while is healthy for your mental and emotional state. The real problems with alcohol are from constant or over consumption and the use of alcohol with medication.

On my days off I sometimes like to kick back with a fat cigar and a glass of whiskey and pretend that I'm some rich businessman who works three hours a day and not the poor middle class schmuck I really am.
Sep 27, 2020 2:50 AM

Feb 2018
I dont drink at all but I dont think it has anything to do with anime being my hobby. Drinking just takes too much of a toll on both my physical and mental health so I don't do it. The social aspect of abstaining gets a bit annoying sometimes though, people asking why you dont drink or actually trying to push you into drinking with them. I dont like that.
Sep 27, 2020 3:03 AM

Jul 2016
I don't drink, it tastes horrible. And I don't have ID.
Sep 27, 2020 5:01 AM

Dec 2018
I love drinking. But I have pretty good self-restraint for these kinds of things. I love wines, not so much with beers, but I tend to avoid drinking it casually. I wouldn't even say I have a routine for it. I like them, but I don't get involved that much.
. . .
Sep 27, 2020 5:28 AM

Dec 2019
I drink when i want to, that means sometimes everyday sometinmes not for 2 weeks or smth like this
Sep 27, 2020 5:34 AM

Oct 2014
Probably because drinking is a social thing and anime fans generally aren't known to be social.

Side note, I've worked as a bartender. Making cocktails was always fun. They're my preferred drinks. I hate beer, though I've only drank the basic ones.
Sep 27, 2020 8:04 AM

Oct 2014
I personally limit myself to 3 beer a week (16 oz cans usually, 5-8% alcohol). I consider it to be another hobby. I find it fun looking for cool new beers to try and will often make my way out to breweries. I do drink some hard liquor as well, generally as part of cocktails. I very rarely buy wine, but will drink it if it's offered to me.

All my friends are also into anime and most of them also drink at least a bit.
Sep 27, 2020 8:08 AM

Dec 2016
There's lots of muslims that are weebs
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Sep 27, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
I don't understand the "because many are underaged"-argument. When you are underaged and it's forbidden, it's of course more fun and has this edge to it.
Most people 18+ to their twenties I know become very moderate drinkers, because it's not a forbidden or "edgy" fruit anymore. Also when you start with like 14 to drink like many, you don't know when to stop. As an adult you already learned when it's enough.

Anyway, I like alcohol, but I only got drunk a few times as a teenager, because I didn't know when to stop. Now I know much better when to stop and only drink three or four drinks.
But I never felt like alcohol it's forbidden and therefore it wasn't as exciting. I got at family partys as a kid a bit sparkling water or at new year's eve.
removed-userSep 27, 2020 8:27 AM
Sep 27, 2020 8:16 AM

Jan 2009
Bunille said:
I've had a few drinks of various kinds of alcohol, I can say that it tastes shit lol. Punch is the only good stuff but I can live on water and wouldn't complain one bit.
The noise of my block mates when I'm trying to work or sleep has given me a breakdown already.
I'd much rather drink something with more benefits to the body. It's incredibly expensive as well. I'd rather buy a years supply of milk than one bottle of alcohol.
I'm glad you haven't developed a taste for alcohol. I'm curious, but is "punch" in English also an alcoholic beverage?
Go complain to your dorm's administration. It's not you who has to adjust to others, it's them who have to adjust to basic manners.
They say that alcohol in small amounts is good for the heart, but then again, even small amounts of alcohol are harmful for the memory and linked to a higher risk of cancer
As long as you can drink (cow) milk, go ahead! ^^

Mummykun said:
Yeah, me too, basically. I also do not mind alcohol in chocolate, but I really only drank alcohol, accidentally, twice in my entire life. The first time was when I was around five years old and drank a lot of alcohol from a bottle in one gulp believing it was water, which was very problematic, and the second time was when I was twelve and drank a bit of wine at a party believing it was grape juice.
I do have some vices that I have to deal with, but alcoholic drinks have really never aroused my interest.
Uff, sounds like you had some very bad experiences with alcohol :(
I'm glad that I could distinguish alcohol from non-alcoholic beverages and paid attention

Alcohol is made from having fruits rotten, so the image is not appealing at all to me xD
What vices if it's not too personal or private?
Sep 27, 2020 9:14 AM

Apr 2015
I do drink and I drink just to have fun nothing deep like anxiety or depression.
Sep 27, 2020 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:
Utilitarian principals would indicate that the enjoyment of 50 or 60 people matters more than the ease of 1 or 2. There should be a day or two where people can be loud and have parties. Otherwise we become a boring and sterile society because we won't do anything if it even slightly inconveniences someone.

That's based on some presumptions which I am hesitant to believe are true. First, the presumption that the majority of people actually have a want or need to be loud and party. Second, the presumption that the majority of people don't value their peace and quiet. What if the group having the party is the minority, and all their neighbors around them don't work the next day but still are annoyed and want them to shut up?

I know this stemmed from me talking about the working Saturdays part, but this led to these points as well. I also wanted to emphasize the part where there's this presumption, because when you said "People gotta have a day for it", that's based on the presumption that people "have to/gotta" get loud and drink/party or whatever. People don't have to drink and party, and I'm not sure I'm convinced that the majority of people even feel a need for it.

---

Also, I'm commenting on this part a little late, but given how unhealthy alcohol is, I was surprised by the idea of sort of trying to convince people to drink (or try) alcohol if they say they've never tried it and don't want to. Yeah, drinking a glass of wine or a beer every so often won't do anything bad or noticeable to your body, but it's still an unhealthy drink. I think if someone doesn't drink, that's (obviously) a physically healthier lifestyle, and is non-problematic from a mental/emotional standpoint as well. Alcohol can lead to unhealthy tendencies, so I think if someone wants to stay away from it, that might even be better. I wonder how many cases of alcoholism started with people drinking in a healthy or non-excessive way.
removed-userSep 27, 2020 11:38 AM
Sep 27, 2020 10:40 AM

Sep 2014
I really like drinking!
I'm a bit anxious about it though so I don't drink often or a lot anymore

I like to have wine on holidays, last Christmas I had a lil too much and got drunk as all hell, but I almost never do that!
Normally I'll have one of those big ~700ml beers a month
Just enough for a buzz and infrequent enough that it doesn't become too intense
Pretty comfy with my current level of alcohol consumption

An infrequent tall beer with a meal once a month is pretty comf
Sep 27, 2020 10:51 AM

Nov 2008
Pfffft who gives a damn? Soft drinks taste better anyway and don't damage your brain or liver. :/

Sep 27, 2020 10:53 AM

Aug 2017
coz we're SISSIES

nah fr tho it just doesnt interest me. i'd prefer to be in control of my actions where possible.
Sep 27, 2020 12:08 PM

Feb 2013
I just don't like the taste of alcoholic beverages. So I don't drink.
Sep 27, 2020 12:59 PM
Apr 2020
Because maybe a lot of anime fans are underage or broke.
Sep 27, 2020 1:09 PM
Sep 2019
I only ever drink if there is some social occasion or on the odd day that I'm craving something in particular. Most of the stuff I drink are mixed drinks that have a refreshing taste to it. If I had to average how many drinks I'd have...it'd probably by once every 2 months

Gin and Gingerale
Mango Rum and Sprite
Leinenkugel Summer Shandy (lemon)
Rum & CocaCola
Bailey's & Coffee
Sep 27, 2020 1:35 PM

Oct 2016
Not even legally allowed to drink. Even if I'm at the drinking age, I'll be either none, or about 1 or 2 bottles per month, (Unless I get hooked on, hopefully not)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

27 by Dracowyn »»
16 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
39 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
59 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.