Forum Settings
Forums
New
What do you think are necessary gun control measures?
Minimum gun control (background checks, permits, fully automatics still legal)
26.9%
High gun control (can only use guns at a shooting range or for hunting)
23.1%
Total gun ban
13.9%
No gun control (can buy any firearm with no background check and no permits)
11.1%
Medium gun control (basically what the US has right now, you need a permit to buy guns and you cant buy fully auto guns)
25.0%
108 votes
Sep 22, 2020 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
___--_---_____------------------------------___________________---------------------------
removed-userNov 24, 2020 7:57 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2020 4:48 PM

Dec 2015
I support only giving guns to the elderly and people without index fingers.
You know...to level the playing field.
Sep 22, 2020 5:02 PM

May 2013
I support the right to bear arms but I think there should be a rigorous testing/education process beforehand similar to getting a driver's license.

You should have to get a permit or something first and then see if you're ready to be a licensed gun owner.

I don't support concealed or open carry laws.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 22, 2020 5:06 PM

Aug 2014
I support gun control with an extended stock for increased weapon stability, enabling you to more accurately mow down your enemies. >:D

Also, where are the mods? No, really...where have they gone? XD
Sep 22, 2020 5:15 PM

Sep 2018
I am fine with the current status quo on guns. I do not consider them a necessity, but that is because I do not live near gangs or crime.
Sep 22, 2020 5:46 PM

Jun 2008
LMAO the U.S has "Medium Gun Control"....

Holy shit, I literally laughed out loud.

@ Non-Americans....you don't know this because you don't live here, but we are DROWNING in guns in America.

And it's soooo fucking easy to get one...like insanely easy!

But we have "Medium Gun Control".
Sep 22, 2020 6:02 PM

Oct 2017
I did the same thread a few months ago.

Aw shit, here we go again.

Firstly each state has it's own restrictions regarding gun control.

Here in Texas, we are free from many restrictions, Also the ATF does a terrible job on enforcing federal regulations on accessories.

You can see people shooting automatic weapons left and right, military-grade weapons you choose it. (normally only at your own backyard since no federal agency is going to invade your home to check if you comply with federal regulations).

I'm against open carry, there is no necessity on carrying and dangling your gun.

Keep it in your car, home, or hide it, you don't need an AR-15 to protect yourself from street Bulgars.

My vote is for high gun control.

Edit: In case you wonder you can buy military weapons with some friend or any old man who happened to own one before harsher regulations were enacted. It's 100% illegal unless you claim it to be part of an educational project, that's how you get to see many military weapons on youtube.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Sep 22, 2020 6:04 PM

Jun 2008
People who buy guns, (What they tell other people): "It's for Protection"

People who buy guns, (What they tell themselves): "I can't wait to use it"
Sep 22, 2020 6:09 PM

May 2016
Yeah us definitely does not have medium gun control lol. anyone can buy them.

Don't care since the odds of me being killed in a mass shooting are astronomically small anyway but if I had to choose there definitely should be more gun control.
Sep 22, 2020 6:11 PM

Jan 2009
High gun control (can only use guns at a shooting range or for hunting) (your vote)

and here is a Vox video ye another liberal blah blah but one of the best lefty gun control way

It seems like after every mass shooting, politicians talk about expanding background checks for gun buyers. But background checks don't actually do a great job of keeping dangerous people from getting guns. What does? A licensing system, where before you can buy a gun, you need a license from the state.

Sep 22, 2020 6:13 PM

Feb 2014
It's logically impossible to support gun control.
Who will "control" the guns? The State
Will the state be under such "control"? No? Then you're not in favor of gun control, just "guns for people i like, control for the ones i dislike".

But let's suppose you defend that magically all guns should disappear: Then you're a monster that defends the oppression of the weak by the strong, as there is no way to equalize forces now that guns are gone.
Sep 22, 2020 6:14 PM

Jun 2008
SargonTheGreat said:
--ALEX-- said:
People who buy guns, (What they tell other people): "It's for Protection"

People who buy guns, (What they tell themselves): "I can't wait to use it"
Yes alex the mind reader "every innocent is just a criminal waiting to commit a crime" woah its almost like you're only pretending to care about humans.

I never said anything about crime.

But if you buy a shiny new gun....some part of you HOPES you get to use it.

Now, to be fair, people still hunt, although that is a very low percentage of gun owners.

Look, I'll be honest with you....IF I bought a gun, I could probably envision myself saving myself or a loved one from an intruder or whatever with the gun I just bought.

After all....that's the scenario that plays in the heads of these people.

I will buy a gun to KILL anyone that tries to harm me or my family.

Am I wrong?
Sep 22, 2020 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
SargonTheGreat said:
deg said:
High gun control (can only use guns at a shooting range or for hunting) (your vote)

and here is a Vox video ye another liberal blah blah but one of the best lefty gun control way

It seems like after every mass shooting, politicians talk about expanding background checks for gun buyers. But background checks don't actually do a great job of keeping dangerous people from getting guns. What does? A licensing system, where before you can buy a gun, you need a license from the state.

This video was debunked by LWC lmao they frequently changed language and definitions in the video to push their narrative.

really i have to check that out sometime then if im not lazy that is

i mean a licensing system will take weeks to process so it will either delay or deter completely someone from buying a gun
Sep 22, 2020 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
I believe in very strict gun control. If you don't hold the gun right & aim properly, how else will you hit your target?
Sep 22, 2020 6:21 PM

Jan 2009
SargonTheGreat said:
deg said:

really i have to check that out sometime then if im not lazy that is

i mean a licensing system will take weeks to process so it will either delay or deter completely someone from buying a gun
Why deter someone from buying a gun? what if a woman is being harassed or stalked and she urgently needs a firearm? what if someone in a low income neighborhood is being threatened by bad people and they need a gun?

in that case its not recommended obviously but like that video says in some cases where impulsively buying a gun to do harm like suicide or homicide its effective right?
Sep 22, 2020 6:37 PM

Jun 2008
SargonTheGreat said:
--ALEX-- said:

I never said anything about crime.

But if you buy a shiny new gun....some part of you HOPES you get to use it.

Now, to be fair, people still hunt, although that is a very low percentage of gun owners.

Look, I'll be honest with you....IF I bought a gun, I could probably envision myself saving myself or a loved one from an intruder or whatever with the gun I just bought.

After all....that's the scenario that plays in the heads of these people.

I will buy a gun to KILL anyone that tries to harm me or my family.

Am I wrong?
Is there anything wrong with buying a gun to protect your family, my bad I interpreted your post as implying gun buyers are psychopaths waiting for the chance to shoot someone. No one "wants" their house to be broken into and theirs and their families lives to be threatened they just want to have a firearm they can use to protect themselves if they ever need it.

Well that's the thing.

Obviously, people want protection.

But, remember that famous stat?

You are more likely to use a gun on yourself or a loved one than you are against an intruder.
Sep 22, 2020 7:00 PM
Jul 2020
Out of all the things Canada does, one thing I must commend it for, is the very strict gun control. Could you imagine if we had thugs running around with guns?
Sep 22, 2020 7:42 PM
Jul 2020
guns r made to kill or hurt others, either ppl or animals, and im against both options. I think the world would be a better, safer and happier place without guns, so im 100% against them. I would be terrified if normal ppl could have guns here in Brazil (im already scared to know cops and the militarily have it). Guns just wasnt made for good things. Ppl tried to convince me otherwise, but i just cant accept something used to hurt others to be okay. Im disgusted of ppl who use it, even to hunt.
Sep 22, 2020 7:45 PM
Jul 2020
--ALEX-- said:
LMAO the U.S has "Medium Gun Control"....

Holy shit, I literally laughed out loud.

@ Non-Americans....you don't know this because you don't live here, but we are DROWNING in guns in America.

And it's soooo fucking easy to get one...like insanely easy!

But we have "Medium Gun Control".

lmao im non american and im pretty aware of that. Actually everyone i know here in Brazil knows that. We even use it to explain why having guns shouldn’t be legal lmaoo
Sep 22, 2020 8:52 PM

Jun 2020
I'm honestly fine with the way it is right now, although in my opinion gun control laws are a bit pointless because of the black market.
Sep 22, 2020 8:55 PM
Jul 2020
SargonTheGreat said:
Zlyiond said:
Out of all the things Canada does, one thing I must commend it for, is the very strict gun control. Could you imagine if we had thugs running around with guns?
I think you're being sarcastic lmao

I'm very interested as to why you think I'm sarcastic. /s

Sep 22, 2020 9:35 PM

Jun 2007
I support the most minimal choice which I only noticed after voting for none that it was an option. I think felons and illegals should have no (legal) way to obtain firearms, so some light background check should be in place as well as legitimate ownership documentation.

Aside that, there shouldn't be much of anything aside the already-in-place age restrictions. Constitutional carry should also be made mandatory on a federal level rather than allowed to be a state-to-state decision.

I might, maybe, very slightly be okay with mandatory like 2 day training course of very basic gun common sense if it's your first purchase given people are so fucking stupid, but I'd vote against it still.

edit; dunno why i put weeks

Really, the way it is in several states is already pretty close to perfect aside the restrictions against fully automatic weapons.
TallonKarrde23Sep 22, 2020 9:40 PM
Sep 22, 2020 9:44 PM

Jul 2015
minimum is the closest to the one I want implemented so I voted for that
Sep 22, 2020 10:22 PM

Jun 2019
The example of Japan shows that an extremely strict gun control is the only way to make the number of death by gunshot small. I remember Trump saying that France had the "toughest gun laws in the world" and that "if [people] had [had] guns, it would've been a much, much different situation." about the November 2015 terror attacks (130 people killed and +400 injured). Two lies there, first, France's gun law is certainly not the toughest in the world (it is Japan's), as you can buy a firearm (not a military grade one...) if you are a member of a shooting sports club and under other conditions, and getting firearms in the black market is not that hard. Secondly, when you are faced with many trained terrorists with military grade weapons, you will just run for your life, not try to shoot at them with your colt...

Therefore, any medium firearms restriction is pointless, and only a very stringent control as in Japan of the black market can reduce the number of people killed by firearms close to 0. The worst that can happen to you in Japan is getting attacked by a knife, where your chances of surviving are much better on average. Last but not least, the police will not shoot at you randomly (they normally do not use guns but taihoujutsu).

People have an incredible bad faith here as usual: you can literally buy a firearm in the supermarket in the US and there are more firearms than inhabitants. "Medium Gun Control"... And do not even get me started on military grade weapons kids can buy at 18.

Sep 22, 2020 10:53 PM

Jun 2016
They ain't gonna bring machine guns back but they can at least make suppressors and SBRs easy to get.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 22, 2020 10:59 PM

Apr 2013
I think you have to be from the USA to actually believe that the USA have anything even remotely close of "medium gun control".
How many countries out there have a lower gun control than the US anyway? Compared to those who are more restrictive? With how much different degree of control as well?
That's ain't "medium" chief, that's "low" .
Sep 23, 2020 5:36 AM

Aug 2020
Minimum gun control or even better no gun control.

“There is great satisfaction in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it’s joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it.”
– Reinhard Von Lohengramm
Sep 23, 2020 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
- background checks
- license test must not be very easy to pass
- handguns and hunting rifles
- must be kept in a locked safe in your house, no carrying weapons outside

Sep 23, 2020 6:17 AM
Feb 2020
My stance on gun rights is ship anybody who voted option #2 to North Korea. They'll love it there.
Sep 23, 2020 6:19 AM

Aug 2018
Total ban or at least high gun control, I’d barely trust people with a butter knife, yet alone a gun. Admittedly, I don’t know much about the discussion surrounding it (don’t care much for politics), but I can’t see many, if any benefits.
NazcaaSep 23, 2020 7:58 AM
Sep 23, 2020 6:27 AM

Jul 2016
Kids don't need to be scared to go to school, high gun control
Sep 23, 2020 6:28 AM

Jun 2019
FreeThought said:
Minimum gun control or even better no gun control.

Indeed, it makes a lot of sense when you start taking the scale into account (not to mention the size of the piles of deaths). We are no less powerless against the state with guns than without guns.
Sep 23, 2020 6:48 AM

Feb 2019
If we look at, say, the Netherlands, which has one of the harshest gun control laws in the world, then look at only 31 firearm-related deaths in a population of 17 million (source: nl | en) and a total of 107 intentional murders in 2019, it's really confusing, it almost feels like good public security is a lot more than just low gun control, some prisons were even closed in the last decade, that's crazy. It must be some kind of pact with the spice gods.
Sep 23, 2020 7:05 AM

Apr 2020
Total gun ban even after a driving licence their are accidents.
Sep 23, 2020 7:10 AM

May 2020
no gun control just give guns to everyone so we can improve our skills by killing some people
Everyone who says total gun ban is a Pussy
Sep 23, 2020 7:21 AM
Feb 2020
Fate_Saber88 said:

Keep it in your car, home, or hide it, you don't need an AR-15 to protect yourself from street Bulgars.

Who are you to say what a person needs to defend themselves with? A semi-auto AR isn't some weapon of mass destruction, the media just tells us to be scared of it because it looks TACTICOOL. Carrying it for self-defense comes with a whole host of problems, but it's way easier to aim with for some people than a handgun, since handguns absorb less recoil. Frankly they're a lot safer than handguns in that sense.

The only thing that makes it unsafe is how OTHER people react when they see an AR ("oh no it's a school shooter terrorist call the cops!")
Hillary_Clinton_Sep 23, 2020 7:27 AM
Sep 23, 2020 8:28 AM

Aug 2018
SargonTheGreat said:
rafacanto01 said:
guns r made to kill or hurt others, either ppl or animals, and im against both options. I think the world would be a better, safer and happier place without guns, so im 100% against them. I would be terrified if normal ppl could have guns here in Brazil (im already scared to know cops and the militarily have it). Guns just wasnt made for good things. Ppl tried to convince me otherwise, but i just cant accept something used to hurt others to be okay. Im disgusted of ppl who use it, even to hunt.
If you ban guns though you are giving government bodies extreme convenience to harm the citizens, the government isnt always good examples would be Hitler or Stalin or Mao, all those tens of millions of people were horrible massacred in gas chambers, gulags and forced starvation all by the state who deemed it necessary, guns are the only thing that can stop another horrible event like that one and yeah guns can be used to commit crime but whats worse a couple gangsters shooting each other occasionally or a government throwing its powerless citizens in gas chambers?

Wowzas, that’s a pretty out their argument. The chances of that happening (at least in the US and most places that aren’t China and North Korea) is nearly impossible. Just look at the aftermath of George Floyd, so imagine what would happen if they started throwing people in gas chambers? Citizens would revolt, economy would take a massive hit, cause international lose of reputation (particularly noticeable in time of the internet, and if we are talking about the US which is the country at the center of entertainment), etc. Also, US and most other places aren’t dictatorships and given the internet and general state of the world, it’s unlikely some crazy president/official would even get away with trying it, yet alone actually doing it. Overall, worrying about and arguing that would be like arguing that aliens might invade earth in the near future and therefore we need to focus all our efforts on building weapons to counter them.

Also, excluding the extreme examples, many countries don’t have strict gun laws and are still fine. And while US government (and citizens) might not be the exact same, it’s pretty close and as mentioned the government only stands to lose from harming it’s citizens. You don’t need guns to make a change in this day and age. Maybe you’ve been watching too many history shows (or I’m just missing something, which is possible I guess. I don’t know, I’m generally too lazy to engage in arguments but I’m bored so I’m making an exception, wish I picked a better time to be bored than on a topic like this though...ah well)
NazcaaSep 23, 2020 8:33 AM
Sep 23, 2020 8:35 AM
Aug 2018
Either minimum or medium gun control since people should be able to buy guns if they have a permit and have had extensive background checks. Also guns should be able to be used recreationally, not just at a shooting range or just for hunting.

Sep 23, 2020 8:37 AM

Jul 2016
I think every single country should only give guns to the military.
Sep 23, 2020 8:37 AM
Oct 2018
I don't understand the appeal of guns but whatever. Probably medium to high control.
--
Sep 23, 2020 8:57 AM

Jun 2019
SargonTheGreat said:
Nazcaa said:

Wowzas, that’s a pretty out their argument. The chances of that happening (at least in the US and most places that aren’t China and North Korea) is nearly impossible. Just look at the aftermath of George Floyd, so imagine what would happen if they started throwing people in gas chambers? Citizens would revolt, economy would take a massive hit, cause international lose of reputation (particularly noticeable in time of the internet, and if we are talking about the US which is the country at the center of entertainment), etc. Also, US and most other places aren’t dictatorships and given the internet and general state of the world, it’s unlikely some crazy president/official would even get away with trying it, yet alone actually doing it. Overall, worrying about and arguing that would be like arguing that aliens might invade earth in the near future and therefore we need to focus all our efforts on building weapons to counter them.

Also, excluding the extreme examples, many countries don’t have strict gun laws and are still fine. And while US government (and citizens) might not be the exact same, it’s pretty close and as mentioned the government only stands to lose from harming it’s citizens. You don’t need guns to make a change in this day and age. Maybe you’ve been watching too many history shows (or I’m just missing something, which is possible I guess. I don’t know, I’m generally too lazy to engage in arguments but I’m bored so I’m making an exception, wish I picked a better time to be bored than on a topic like this though...ah well)
Have you seen the videos of police officers stomping on peoples heads and arresting kids in france at gunpoint because they didn't social distance or something? The unrest wouldn't matter guns > no guns unless the protesters have hulk among their ranks the national guard can just come in with m249s and mow everyone down. It isnt as impossible as you might think though places like france (I think it was france) are already showing how their police are brutes and violating individual rights. I mean the CCP genocides its muslim citizens and they arent losing anything.

... and what would these people do with a gun? Shoot at the police and get killed... Sounds like a brilliant point. It is only dangerous to protest in France, you could lose an eye thanks to our world-envied blast balls (LBD). Some had it coming (like this guy), and some were peaceful protestors (like these people). Once more, what would they have done with a gun in a "peaceful" protest? Guns will never protect you against the State.
Sep 23, 2020 8:59 AM

Aug 2018
SargonTheGreat said:
Nazcaa said:

Have you seen the videos of police officers stomping on peoples heads and arresting kids in france at gunpoint because they didn't social distance or something? The unrest wouldn't matter guns > no guns unless the protesters have hulk among their ranks the national guard can just come in with m249s and mow everyone down. It isnt as impossible as you might think though places like france (I think it was france) are already showing how their police are brutes and violating individual rights. I mean the CCP genocides its muslim citizens and they arent losing anything.

Stomping on and threatening people is very different to throwing people into gas chambers. Likewise, it’s a pandemic so the scenario is rather unique and difficult to broadly apply. Lastly, they haven’t mowed anyone down yet (to my knowledge), and if their citizens all had guns then for all we know the citizens could have started shooting, resulting in the officers shooting them all (oftentimes lethal force is met with lethal force, also it unfortunately would probably only take one or two of the citizens to start shooting for the officers to begin, making this even worse.) Oh, and I’m sure that has been met with backlash, given that even I’ve heard about it before.

As for muslims, I don’t know much about it and I can’t be bothered researching it (sorry) so I can’t comment on it really, but when I said most countries I was mainly excluding the more chaotic places like muslims, Islam, China, North Korea, and stuff (no offence to people who live their, I’m just saying your governments are bad as far as I’m aware). Mainly because they have very different cultures, governments and public attention/relations.
Sep 23, 2020 9:04 AM

Mar 2008
Build a time machine and kill the inventor of the gun.
Sep 23, 2020 9:19 AM
Feb 2020
"fuck the police, they're a racist institution designed to protect the property of the richest people of an evil colonialist imperialist nation"

"also only the police and the state should be able to have deadly weapons"

????????????
Sep 23, 2020 9:24 AM

Aug 2020
@SargonTheGreat The medium option in the poll is a little flawed since you can actually buy a full auto firearm in the U.S. if you go through the proper hoops. I think it involves some extra fingerprinting and/or registration and a tax stamp or something along those lines.

I voted minimum, since that is basically how it is in most conservative states in the U.S.
Sep 23, 2020 12:30 PM

Jun 2019
SargonTheGreat said:
Meusnier said:

... and what would these people do with a gun? Shoot at the police and get killed... Sounds like a brilliant point. It is only dangerous to protest in France, you could lose an eye thanks to our world-envied blast balls (LBD). Some had it coming (like this guy), and some were peaceful protestors (like these people). Once more, what would they have done with a gun in a "peaceful" protest? Guns will never protect you against the State.
Guns will protect you against the states henchmen if they come to your door lmao of course a civilian populous with rifles wont be able to fight the government unless a good chunk of military personnel defect and join them its to stop an immediate threat.

I will Sargon you on this one: hahahahahaha you would not stand a chance. What would you do if you saw these guys storming into your house at 6am? Surrender or die. Sleeping with a vest won't do the trick.

Sep 23, 2020 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
No gun control, please! Criminals - just so you wait
Sep 23, 2020 1:08 PM

May 2020
High gun control definitely considering how many gun related deaths occur every year.
https://www.thetrace.org/2020/01/gun-deaths-2019-increase/
Sep 23, 2020 1:44 PM

Jun 2019
SargonTheGreat said:
Meusnier said:

I will Sargon you on this one: hahahahahaha you would not stand a chance. What would you do if you saw these guys storming into your house at 6am? Surrender or die. Sleeping with a vest won't do the trick.
It depends what they are there for, but if they were there to throw me in a gas chamber or something i'd hide in my bunker with my family and my m249 in minecraft. I'd rather take the chance of survival no matter how small than let them haul me and my family into deathcamps in minecraft pocket edition.

Fair enough, but I do not know why you are so obsessed with deathcamps, this looks quite excessive to think about that today. Especially where you are living. People do not buy guns to prepare for something that extreme normally...
Sep 23, 2020 2:44 PM

Sep 2017
I don't know man, I guess best option is to ban carrying guns in public and just make people keep them in their house for defense or in case they wanted to go hunting or something.We all know how eager Kevin is to slaughter his school
خ
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

25 by _untitled »»
5 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 7 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
25 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

38 by Meusnier »»
31 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals? ( 1 2 )

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

51 by scarydragon »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

47 by Meusnier »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.