Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 22, 2020 1:59 PM

Aug 2020
Seaniem4a said:
How is this show nearly over? Everything seems so left open, I couldn't end next episode!

Sumi was cool, btw

Plenty of interesting manga chapters left. Really looking forward to seeing some later chapters appear in a season 2 of this anime.
Sep 22, 2020 2:02 PM

May 2014
Not a fan of releasing a new "important" character an episode from the end when the last episode doesn't even seem like it will have her that much involved. She was cute though. The show's been pretty simplistic and cringe, but I've actually liked it so far. Let's see how it ends!
Sep 22, 2020 5:42 PM
Jul 2020
FYI, Sumi only appeared in episode 11.
Sep 22, 2020 11:05 PM

Aug 2020
Hold on a minute... Job Gear? Is that a Top Gear reference? In MY anime? HAMMOND!!!!!!
Watch Gunsmith Cats!!!!
Sep 23, 2020 9:10 AM

Nov 2014
Sumi sure is cute, but can't really compete with Chizuru or Ruka. Speaking of which, where is my Ruka? Whole episode without best girl...

I totally forgot Mami existed. I hope she returns back to non-existence soon. No need for her meddling.
Sep 23, 2020 4:00 PM

Aug 2017
Sumi-chan is probably the cutest girl in the cast, too bad that she was introduced too late lol. Mami is back to cause more trouble, that cliffhanger killed me, ahhhhh.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 24, 2020 11:56 PM
Mar 2014
Does anyone know where the manga leaves off in the anime of the current episode or the upcoming one?
Sep 25, 2020 12:07 AM

Aug 2020
ShinXShinra said:
Does anyone know where the manga leaves off in the anime of the current episode or the upcoming one?

Episode 11 ends at about chapter 45 and I expect episode 12 to cover chapters 46-50 just about, give or take one.
Sep 25, 2020 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
oh no! Mami-chan is for sure a bad news!
Sumi so shy! that kind of shyness is so absurd that being a Rental Girlfriend is out of the question or not even qualified!
4/5.

Sep 25, 2020 12:53 AM

Aug 2020
matias067 said:
oh no! Mami-chan is for sure a bad news!
Sumi so shy! that kind of shyness is so absurd that being a Rental Girlfriend is out of the question or not even qualified!
4/5.

Sumi has potential, though in a different way. She is a good listener.

As for Mami:
Sep 26, 2020 3:28 AM

Mar 2012
Seeing how Sumi licking an ice-cream turns him on, Mami is the only true best girl for Kazuya.

Also I don't get Sumi, she can barely even talk why is she working as a rental girlfriend, specially given that it would be mostly creeps who would rent girls. There are so many other part-time jobs she could have chosen.

Looking forward to the next episode, I hope Mami makes things interesting.
Sep 26, 2020 9:27 PM

Mar 2016
AAAA SUMI OS SO ADORABLE (>///<) She's so innocent and so sweet it's giving me diabetes! But she's also so determined to improve herself. Definitely a girl to protect!

Ok... The biggest threat imaginable has been re-introduced into the story. Now that Kazuya has 3 other girls and Mami know of the existence of rental-girlfriends. This is bound to get a hell lot more complicated! Aahhh... If only Kazuya just shut his mouth up and not reveal the real name just as he did with Chizuru being Mizuhara. Mami would not have found out.

Now that Mami knows of this fact, she decided to rent up Chizuru huh... Fuck fuck fuck that bitch.

Sep 27, 2020 11:07 AM

Mar 2020
late again but oh man this sucks , the date practice was nice and Sumi looks nice though what happened was only bound to happen , glad that S2 got already announched
onto the last it is
Sep 30, 2020 3:24 PM

May 2018
sumi is sooooo cute im going to cry! ugh i wish she was introduced sooner :(
Sep 30, 2020 9:11 PM

Aug 2020
Seijatachiiii said:
sumi is sooooo cute im going to cry! ugh i wish she was introduced sooner :(

Does make you enjoy the moments she is present even more, probably.
Oct 2, 2020 7:46 PM

Mar 2019
#SumiBestGirl indeed.

2 minutes were enough to rate this episode a 5+

Best Episode...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 21, 2020 1:27 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang can anyone get this girlfriend renting service even if they're an old man... REEEEEEE yes this is anime by no means does anything have to be realistic but hot dam each rental girlfriend really needs a bodyguard or something trailing them in secret in case anything goes wrong, which would make it safe but also weird for the rental couple aaaahhhh this is brightly colored fun anime but it's gotta make you a bit uncomfortable sometimes...!!!

also there's an over-reliance on blush, I hate when a character's blushing for 90% of the time, you gotta SAVE that shit for the moments that really matter man (an extreme nitpick I know), and ALSO the amount of kazuya sweat we get could fill a freaking swimming pool. And I want an alpha male character for some comic relief from this comically-atrocious attempt at humor... and man all the deception is painful, all the misunderstandings are supposed to be a part of the humor but it falls flat... can we have even a little bit of transparency here.

This may or not be a plot hole (not that this anime actually has any good plot to begin with), but in a world that has the service of renting girlfriends, you have to assume that not every couple you see is actually a couple. You have to consider the possibility that they are a rental. But mami, and others, go straight to assuming kazuya's got an actual girlfriend. Maybe think twice when rental girlfriends are thing and you happen to see a loser with a hot chick? Yeah I'm overanalyzing for an anime of this low a caliber, but come on you can give us a fun light hearted anime and also not include dumb character writing... like is kazuya's bucktoothed friend (forgot his name) really that weak of a character that he can't see mizuhara with another guy even though he knows full well that she's a rental like wtf

Mami and her bro tho let's have some yosuga no sora because why not

Despite all that I'm still (for the most part) having fun watching this tho. Mizuhara is like the anti-tsundere tsundere triple s tier waifu with a heart of gold. Give her a man she deserves like damn. Anyway, mainly just watching this cause I felt like watching a new popular anime from this year
BetaMaleUltraOct 21, 2020 2:03 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 25, 2020 5:18 PM

Aug 2020
RobertBobert said:
Stop, girls can also use their service? Rentai Kanojo Says Lesbian Rights?

From the English subs it seems Chizuru was expecting a guy, as Maya can be a name for a boy and a girl. Besides, the Rental Girlfriend service doesn't allow anything besides holding hands, so the company policy probably doesn't object to girls renting a girlfriend, because there is no intimate activities involved anyway. It's more like providing company, and playing whatever the client wants, as long as it's within the job policy.

Decent episode, btw, hard to dislike Sumi. Mami clearly has feelings for Kazuya, because she's hurt to see him with another girl. Still wondering who "you-know-who" could be.
Oct 27, 2020 9:16 PM

Feb 2019
Sumi's cute and all, but I was totally fixated on Mami-chan's appearance in this episode.

She obviously is in some sort of business or pact or something of the like with her brother and "you-know-who," which I speculate to be the reason for her loss in faith in love. We saw that she only wants to date whomever is convenient and that she has an uncanny leaning towards Kazuya now that she thinks that he's a player. It's sad, really, and it shows her warped view of love and relationships.

I'm very excited to see that Mami-chan found out about the whole rental girlfriend thing. Will it change her view of Kazuya? Will she lose interest, or will she be more inclined to manipulate him? I'm looking forward to the answers.
Oct 27, 2020 11:03 PM

Aug 2020
Takadono said:
Sumi's cute and all, but I was totally fixated on Mami-chan's appearance in this episode.

She obviously is in some sort of business or pact or something of the like with her brother and "you-know-who," which I speculate to be the reason for her loss in faith in love. We saw that she only wants to date whomever is convenient and that she has an uncanny leaning towards Kazuya now that she thinks that he's a player. It's sad, really, and it shows her warped view of love and relationships.

I'm very excited to see that Mami-chan found out about the whole rental girlfriend thing. Will it change her view of Kazuya? Will she lose interest, or will she be more inclined to manipulate him? I'm looking forward to the answers.

I'm curious too. Was she just looking for excitement, as there is a scene where she's sitting in a luxury car with someone, but she says she's bored? Was Kazuya a means of escape from some situation? Maybe she's stuck in some marriage arrangement, and dating someone else seemed like a way out? But why then break up with Kazuya and after that, realize she can't really let him go? She didn't plan for that, it seems.

Or is she simply a 'bad egg' and totally fake? I feel there is more to it, but we don't get any real answers. Either the mangaka himself isn't sure what to do with Mami, or he intended to just keep her around as a character to pop up every now and then, stir up things, and then hide in the shadows for a while.
Nov 3, 2020 5:52 AM

Apr 2012
Dutch_Chief said:
RobertBobert said:
Stop, girls can also use their service? Rentai Kanojo Says Lesbian Rights?

From the English subs it seems Chizuru was expecting a guy, as Maya can be a name for a boy and a girl. Besides, the Rental Girlfriend service doesn't allow anything besides holding hands, so the company policy probably doesn't object to girls renting a girlfriend, because there is no intimate activities involved anyway. It's more like providing company, and playing whatever the client wants, as long as it's within the job policy.

Decent episode, btw, hard to dislike Sumi. Mami clearly has feelings for Kazuya, because she's hurt to see him with another girl. Still wondering who "you-know-who" could be.

As far as I understand, we only saw single guys on the show before, because all anime lesbians are cute sexy girls, lol?
Nov 17, 2020 12:51 PM
Dec 2011
the epdisode was great loved it the ending was shocker cant wait for 12
Dec 19, 2020 10:29 PM

Aug 2019
oh wow ngl i actually liked this episode a bit more then the last few. Sumi's character is understandable and cute, she actually has a reason to be doing the job, although a bit weird as there are probably other alternatives to overcoming being shy and timid, that don't involve practically selling your self, but non the less she's got character.

I actually like Kazuya when he isn't constantly emptying 9mm rounds into his feat at any given point, and is actually being helpful, taking the initiative. Although it did feel like his interaction with mami weighed down to luck that i could of gone worse, i think when he's taking the lead he actually turns out decent.

I swear the only reason mami is still in this plot, is so she can spark drama in this story, and i'm 100% ok with that, cus rn drama in the plot is probably the only thing that's gonna keep me hook- oh there's only 1 episode left.
Jan 11, 2021 10:51 AM

May 2016
Shit gonna happen next one.

I
FMmatron said:
A bit late, but with Sumi we finally got a decent girl 🙏🏻
Ikr finally, Chizuru could be good if the setting was diff.
Jan 11, 2021 11:15 AM

Nov 2016
Raizel said:
Shit gonna happen next one.

I
FMmatron said:
A bit late, but with Sumi we finally got a decent girl 🙏🏻
Ikr finally, Chizuru could be good if the setting was diff.

Chizuru actually nice in retrospect, good looking, confident and she's voiced by you Amamiya hehe.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 7, 2021 12:43 PM

May 2019
Best girl Mami is back!!! :D

I have now decided that I am part of the Kazuya X Mami ship. They both treat others terrible, perfect for each other! And Mami is the hottest of the 4 in my opinion.
Feb 11, 2021 12:46 AM

Jan 2017
Sumi really shook up my best girl for this show, her "date" with Kazuya was really adorable

and LESGO Mami found out the truth!
Mar 7, 2021 8:54 AM
Feb 2021
Pretty naive how the rental girlfriends present themselves with the same names they use on the agency site/app. Mami can't be the first one to have searched for one after talking to her ...
Mar 8, 2021 3:47 PM

Feb 2021
mami-chan...i got kinda pissed when she showed up again...bet we all did to be honest
Apr 2, 2021 5:10 AM

Mar 2019
Sumi best girl, or almost best girl. I wonder if Chizuru will go overseas at some point and that will have a big impact on Kazuya. Fuck Mami as well, I wonder what she's going to do next episode.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 24, 2021 1:57 AM

Jul 2009
Sumi-chan is so cute! Despite very few dialogue!

Even voiced by Takahashi, Rie!!

Damn, it's almost over! But we all know what comes next!

Let's do this!
Apr 25, 2021 4:58 AM
Dec 2018
I am kind of understanding the purpose of Mami's character now. It's like Kazuya is forced to make decisions when Mami messes the status quo. Though i think the show still hasn't told us why exactly is Mami so obsessed with this guy. That scene of Mami in her home was kind of interesting considering we never get much info abt Mami except that she's his ex.

Maybe shes just a hoe, maybe there is something more to it and with one more episode to go for the end of s1, i am looking forward to how the next episode will be.

This show is dumb enough for me to keep up with it while exams are approaching and i am enjoying it so far. Lessgoo
Jul 23, 2021 12:20 AM
Feb 2018
Mami is the best girl with the best character writing, a lot of people dont see it tho
Jul 26, 2021 12:21 PM

Feb 2012
Of course renting out another girl would backfire.., and it just had to be Mami who found out.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 3, 2021 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Omg lol. Kazuya screwed up big time by revealing Sumi's name. I guess he didn't really have much of choice in the situation though. But Mami is so evil and petty in her jealousy. She didn't want Kazuya in the first place. So why is she even bothering snooping around in her ex's romances?
Dec 28, 2021 1:05 AM

Nov 2014
Mami is like that ex that refuses to disappear, hovering around like a pesky fly (although figuratively that makes me the shit).

Rather fucking ironically, Kazuya is technically closer to getting together with her than ever before. She's obsessed that someone she left behind got on with his life and seems like he's better off without her, which drives her insane. But really you should never want someone like that back, more often than not it will end badly.

In any case, Sumi is a new character. But they've introduced her at a point now where she's not going to get much development. Maybe next season, who knows?
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jun 20, 2022 5:26 PM

May 2021
Goodness, Rental Komi-San backed by Rie is just way too powerful. Could have been best girl if Chizuru didn't exist.

Jun 28, 2022 12:11 PM

Jul 2021
PROTECC SUMI AT ALL COSTS AAAAAAAAA. That matane AAAAAA cuteness meter off the charts

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 6, 2022 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
So Sumi is clearly a horrible rental girlfriend with her social anxiety. But I'm actually more interested in Mami now, thanks to Sumi she found Chizuru online, oh boy!
Nov 26, 2022 10:44 AM
Nov 2022
Add this to the list of reasons I hate Mami

Also, great way to introduce Sumi.
Jan 25, 2023 8:03 PM
Jan 2023
sumi chan is the best waifu i'm animes.
Jan 31, 2023 11:19 AM
Jan 2023
Satisfatório, parabéns, esse é bom, espero q continuem
Feb 18, 2023 10:01 AM

Nov 2010
Sumi is cute & all, but dating her seemed so hectic!
I think he should confess his feelings to Chizuru and see where it goes. It's better to get shot down than to drag things out.
I think Chizuru quitting the rental GF job is a positive thing & a sign to make a move!
Apr 17, 2023 3:15 AM
Apr 2023
"Who is that girl? Because she appears? And what's the point of her appearing in this anime?"
Apr 24, 2023 5:49 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
The date was super cute.

As usual Mami-chan sucks. Only becomes interested in MC after seeing him with other girls. Sigh
May 26, 2023 11:47 PM

Dec 2022
Its so cute how Sumi-chan did everything to try to stop Mami-chan its like she instinctively knew she was bad news from the start.
Jul 11, 2023 5:39 PM
Apr 2019
I liked that ending.
Sep 13, 2023 10:34 AM

Apr 2020
After binge-watching so many episodes, I gotta say, if either Kazuya or Mizuhara were normal, this whole story wouldn't have progressed at all. I mean, sure, there are real women out there who splurge on men, but I just can't wrap my head around why Kazuya is so obsessed with Mizuhara. It's like right from the start, it's all about her looks. But what's really weird is how he was still hung up on Mami, and then BOOM, suddenly he's caught up with Mizuhara in a whirlwind of coincidences, and all thoughts of Mami just vanish into thin air.

In real life, a guy like Kazuya would've probably ended up with Ruka-chan or Sumi-chan by now, no doubt about it. But hey, this is anime world, anything goes…

Sep 24, 2023 5:15 AM
Aug 2021
OH MY DAYS x 3. So first of all our boi managed to help a ting and stood up 2 3 guys for her respect. Mami is actually a witch she is always everywhere. 2nd of all Mizu is about to move on since her career is finally taking off happy for her. This also means our boi is losing the love of his life in tough times. NOW THOUGH THAT MENEANCE MAMI KNOWS THE TRUTH THAT SHE IS A RENTAL GIRLFRIEND. When she was so close to finally escaping. This is genuinely peak times. Mami needs to die.
Dec 24, 2023 5:16 AM
Dec 2023
One when the peak moments really showed up
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.