Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2020 5:30 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, is it just me or does Okuwamon seem more powerful in this version of Digimon? They made him like a boss monster to go up against, no joke.

This is a hell of an episode, load of action and fighting. Even Izzy got scared.

Sep 5, 2020 9:05 PM

May 2008
Wth? Why is Taichi's group the one with the better episodes? Is Taichi's super MC status giving them a boost or something? This has to be one of the best episodes yet!

I quite like the idea of Koushiro being too reliant on his tablet and having to use his brain for once. Adventure never really addressed what would happen if Koushiro couldn't use his laptop to help out. That said, I don't like that it started working right (faster too) after his revelation. It takes away the entire point of the episode.... If it happened even next episode maybe it'd be okay, but right after? Come on. That's what they tell you not to do in Storytelling 101.

Tentomon is quickly becoming a fav. I don't know how or why, but he has the most personality next to Jyou and Gomamon. I like he's less subservient and more gung-ho as he evolves. But, also, he's become more Shibuya Yuuri; I got total Maou vibes when he was Kabuterimon. I also think he's the only one that didn't seem bland when as his Perfect. The others don't seem to retain their personality once they hit Perfect but that could be because we haven't seen them beyond their short fights (doubtful).

Only thing with this ep is... why didn't Greymon and Togemon evolve? It showed that Taichi was about too but when Greymon got attacked, the light went away. I can't tell if this is on purpose or if this is just the writers making sure the threats remain a threat so Koushiro can save the day.

Togemon's "Hey, c'mon!" seals the deal, for me, that the digimon not only have more personality than their humans but more so as Adults than their Child forms. Which is kinda funny.

lol @ Yamato avoiding Jyou talking to him.

New ED song! A bit too soon, imo, since it should be after Jyou's ep. -_- It's cute tho and it's done by Reol and Giga, wha?! That's awesome!

Fun Fact: MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon's chou shika sequences are 30 secs long. Twice the amount of the others.

Edit: Also, no Lillymon this time. Suspicious.
SakariiSep 5, 2020 9:16 PM
Sep 5, 2020 10:01 PM

Jun 2014
That looked beautiful. Can't help but cheer, even for the re-used animation of Metalgreymon everytime it comes up because he just looks so damn good. Of course the same can be said for all the Perfects.

Atlurkabuterimon's attacks and the flying looked really nice, clearly the visuals are the main treat to this version of Digimon. That being said, I can't help but feel disappointed by Koshiro's arc for the episode. His experience with Vademon in the original series was so much more impactful, and just made his experience this episode seem extremely shallow. Maybe they'll get more development for the kids and Digimon when they digivolve to Ultimate instead.

The real world time dilation also continues to be really inconsistent. I thought it was slowing down as Koshiro went through the data stream, and should've been at basically a stand still in the actual Digital World?

(Also, the original series is by no means perfect, looking at you Etemon, so don't take me too seriously when I say a couple parts of the original were better)

Also, cute new ending.

Edit: Changed the digivolution stage names
J_KyukonSep 5, 2020 10:04 PM
Sep 5, 2020 10:05 PM
Sep 2015
I heard that AtlurKabuterimon is also secretly act as an antenna, that should make Koshiro happy. And I'm happy about this episode, the real world look messy, but not as messy as our real world.
Sep 5, 2020 10:30 PM

Jan 2009
damn they changed the awesome ED already huh

and thats a Giga Drill Breaker right there by super evolved Kabuterimon

next episode is Ikakkumon super evolution
Sep 5, 2020 10:44 PM

Jan 2013
cute new ED telling us that TK and Patamon is coming soon

but man this episode’s visuals and animation look hella rough this week. some of Kabuterimon’s side profile looked unfinished.
Sep 5, 2020 11:56 PM

Aug 2018
I really need to stop taking this series seriously or I'm going to lose all my brain cells eventually.

I know it's supposed to be a kid show but I really can't help it if there is a stupid scene like every two minutes or so.
To be fair, the old series is probably similar but I just didn't notice because I was a kid. Guess that's one of the disadvantages of growing up
Sep 6, 2020 1:08 AM

Feb 2019
Damn man, Okuwamon evolution is fucking awesome. They made him a lot more bad ass in this version of the series. Really cool episode. I also love the new ED. I loved the last one a lot as well, but the visuals and vibe of this one are so cool. Looks like it hints we’ll be getting TK and Hikari in the anime soon.
Sep 6, 2020 2:21 AM

Jun 2010
This is one of a rare good episode in the reboot so far. They introduce a very good concept, what if Koushiro can't use his computer anymore? While I still love AlturKabuterimon evolution in the original, which i feel is much more impactful, this is a nice episode, especially compared to previous eps. At least AlturKabuterimon's evolution has some connection to Koushiro's Crest (Knowledge).

My biggest nitpicking in this episode is Agumon and Palmon evolved to Champion instead of Ultimate. I mean, there's a scene that Tai's Digivice glowed, but then it faded. I understand that they want to give the spotlight to AlturKabuterimon but Kabuterimon had a fight with Okuwamon all to himself. Taichi and Mimi were battling a swarm of Kuwagamon, it wouldn't have stolen much spotlight, would it? Towards the end of the episode, we saw MetalGreymon but no Lilymon. Will this be a new trend. Only have MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon evolve to help out in the background but not the others?

Another reason why i enjoy this episode is the humor on Yamato's side. Joe being ignored by Yamato is the best haha. And also, kudo for utilizing the Digimon evolution for transportation! Maybe Taichi's group get cool plot episode but Yamato's team wins in the group dynamic department IMO lol.

I did not expect to see the ED change. I'm not a fan of the song but the video is so cute! I love it! There's a fun and adventurous feeling, too bad the whole reboot doesn't feel like it at all. Anyway, so Takeru and Patamon will debut after Zudomon's episode? Does this mean we'll get to see Devimon vs Angemon showdown? Hoho I wonder how they're gonna pull this off since all six Digimon had reached the Ultimate stage by this point.
Sep 6, 2020 2:50 AM

Jan 2016
Such a good chapter. I love tentomon so much. And that new ending with Yamato drying Garuru's skin lol
Also patamon's thicc
Sep 6, 2020 4:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow I got surprised by the new ending theme, well it's good, probably better than the previous one
Sep 6, 2020 5:32 AM

Mar 2015
im getting sick of this only evolution episodes, they could use the evolutions at least and develop the history at the same time
Sep 6, 2020 6:32 AM

Mar 2018
One of better episodes. You can see they tried to shove in Koushiro's "knowledge" part in Kabuterimon's evolution. Altho Greymon and Togemon not evolving to Ultimates (until AtlurKabuterimon's debut in Greymon's case) has literally no excuse except to give Koushiro spotlight.

But damn, I didn't know Kuwagamon can shoot projectile attacks. And their teamwork is scary af. What are they? WWE wrestlers? Lol. Got a chuckle out of AtlurKabuterimon's Street Fighter combo too. If there's one thing this reboot is better than the original, it's action scenes.

I like the new ED a lot better than old one. It's catchy, cute, funny, not dramatic and not favoring to one character alone. Judging from it, Takeru's debut might not be very far but I'm having this itching feeling that they'll go straight to Megas (very likely WarGreymon first) after Zudomon's debut in next episode, and Takeru-Hikari pair will appear at once only in late game with their Mega levels already unlocked. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Btw, that encyclopedia thing before the opening was Koushiro talking all along!? (It said Tentomon's his partner.) I thought the voice is annoying but never realized it's Koushiro's.

Sep 6, 2020 6:41 AM

Apr 2011
I think they're doing a really interesting thing with this series where they're kind of rewriting parts of the plot to make bits of Adventure 02/tri make more sense. Example, putting Sora and Yamato and Koushiro and Mimi in the same group when they were the ones who "got together" in tri. They also kept some original dynamics like Taichi and Koushiro and Jyou and Yamato.

Sakarii said:
Wth? Why is Taichi's group the one with the better episodes? Is Taichi's super MC status giving them a boost or something? This has to be one of the best episodes yet!

I quite like the idea of Koushiro being too reliant on his tablet and having to use his brain for once. Adventure never really addressed what would happen if Koushiro couldn't use his laptop to help out. That said, I don't like that it started working right (faster too) after his revelation. It takes away the entire point of the episode.... If it happened even next episode maybe it'd be okay, but right after? Come on. That's what they tell you not to do in Storytelling 101.

Tentomon is quickly becoming a fav. I don't know how or why, but he has the most personality next to Jyou and Gomamon. I like he's less subservient and more gung-ho as he evolves. But, also, he's become more Shibuya Yuuri; I got total Maou vibes when he was Kabuterimon. I also think he's the only one that didn't seem bland when as his Perfect. The others don't seem to retain their personality once they hit Perfect but that could be because we haven't seen them beyond their short fights (doubtful).

Only thing with this ep is... why didn't Greymon and Togemon evolve? It showed that Taichi was about too but when Greymon got attacked, the light went away. I can't tell if this is on purpose or if this is just the writers making sure the threats remain a threat so Koushiro can save the day.

Togemon's "Hey, c'mon!" seals the deal, for me, that the digimon not only have more personality than their humans but more so as Adults than their Child forms. Which is kinda funny.

I agree with everything here. Except Tentomon always had more of a personality than the others to me, especially since he has a different accent (Kansai, I think?). Palmon and Gabumon also always had more personality than the others imo.

Something I would have liked to see them include is maybe Kuwagamon and Oukuwamon were messing with the electrical waves hence Koushiro's tablet dying. It wouldn't be that far out considering these new projectile abilities they gave them.

Hanaki_Neko said:
I did not expect to see the ED change. I'm not a fan of the song but the video is so cute! I love it! There's a fun and adventurous feeling, too bad the whole reboot doesn't feel like it at all. Anyway, so Takeru and Patamon will debut after Zudomon's episode? Does this mean we'll get to see Devimon vs Angemon showdown? Hoho I wonder how they're gonna pull this off since all six Digimon had reached the Ultimate stage by this point.

My guess is that they'll make some connection between Devimon and Vamdemon since one can digivolve into the other. Also, now that we know all of their Ultimate/Mega levels thanks to tri. they'll write in a plot where all eight acquire it. I'm taking these sped up Perfect levels in stride because I'm hoping for proper character arcs for the final form.
Sep 6, 2020 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was a lot better than the last one. Good to see they weren't slacking off in Koshiro han's episode. Koshiro's strat was pretty cool.

The new ed is pretty lit.

Next up is finally Joe and Zudoman, hyped for that.
Sep 6, 2020 9:32 AM

Feb 2015
This was without a doubt the best episode so far.
Damn, Tentomon is probably my least favorite Adventure Digimon (I don't like bugs, its personality is great tho!), but they really did it justice. I'm gonne make a little list why I liked this ep so much :D

- there was actual teamwork (like Togemon saving Greymon, Greymon saving Togemon, Izzy giving directions and tactics during battle etc)
- they all digivolved the same way (excluding their perfect levels ofc), so no off screen digivolution for Togemon & Kabuterimon, but the long fancy version for Greymon
- Izzys crest was important (even tho it was kinda forced, but hey)
- the Digimon didn't digivolve immediatly after taking one hit!!!

The new ED is so much better as well. I liked the old song more (which is weird cause I love Reol), but the visuals are so much better! Cute!

The reboot is still lacking in many areas, but if the next episode is equally satisfying, I'm actually kinda hopefull again :)
It has been a very rough start, let's hope it keeps improving!
StormxNightmareSep 6, 2020 9:42 AM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Sep 6, 2020 9:36 AM

Jul 2017
Is it a nice nod to put extra sound effects in the OP? Well, I don't certainly think so...

This episode, it's back to Taichi's team, and Koishiro's without his trusty computer to back him up, so Tentamon acts as backup.

I don't remember Kuwagamon being that powerful though, and Koishiro having to use his brains to decipher everything else is a good thing, even with Ultimate Okuwamon to fend with on the side and Kabuterimon taking the brunt of the damage.

Kabuterimon's Super Evolution to AtlurKabuterimon was a TOTAL WHACK, better than the original (even with nostalgia, one of the rare chances of the reboot going up and beyond).

New ED by Reol, and it's infinitely better than the 1st one, and we're still lacking Takeru and Patamon's reveal...maybe soon?
Sep 6, 2020 9:40 AM

Apr 2020
Someone else thinking about the size of perfect digimons? Damn, Okuwamon was big as fuck, so was Metaltyrannomon.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 6, 2020 12:10 PM

Dec 2013
New ED with Takeru & Reol Hype!

It also seems like Hikari probably won't show up for another 12 episodes.
Sep 6, 2020 3:56 PM

Feb 2017
Izzy was my favorite character with tentomon, i got the action figure of kabuterimon that evolved "transformed" to MegaKabuterimon now AtlurKabuterimon.

This episode was one of the best, the better aspect of the remake is the visuals and fighting,
the lack is that there is a little common repetitive task, new episode someone evolves, fights with the evil digimon control of the turn (but this time they don't broke the black disk of their back to freethem,
only kill them lol).

The original have more development of the story and characters,
but that is because it has more episodes for now.
The emblem of every character matters and they where more at the end of loosing that wining easily.

How many episodes this new season is going to have?.
If have more than 24, maybe this can really surpass the original.

The ending was ultra creepy, especially the part where Yamato was drying the clothes of Gabumon (and that can not happen now because in the new gabumon the skin is stuck on him, look at gabumon carefully).
Henceforth_WhiteSep 6, 2020 3:59 PM
Sep 6, 2020 7:56 PM

Apr 2011
This week was loads better than Sora focused episode last week, its on par with Mimi and Guardramon one. Finally we getting to Izzy and Tentomon focused ep. They were always been my favorite partners, I was glad this episode did it justice and hoping this type of progression will continue further beyond.

Those Kuwagamon are beastly, compared to their older incarnations and didn't expect a projectile attack from them, but it make sense, since their rival insect Kabuterimon has one. When the kids ran from the 5 Kuwagamon, Izzy was totally lost in thought. It seem without his instructions from his laptop, it cause the groups breakdown in strategy. Togemon and Greymon gotten overwhelm and couldn't go into their ultimate forms. Worst off, later a Okuwamon appears on the scene and it seems he's the boss of those vicious Kuwagamons. The final fight scene between Izzy new ultimate Digimon, AtlurKabuterimon and Okuwamon was well earned. I love the part where Izzy say full head on battle with brute strength and I just love Kabuterimon kansai accent and personality makes him more approachable, since he has no eyes for anyone to realize whats he's thinking or expressing.

Joe been the underdog for so long, looking forward to him being the star of the show, even for just 1 episode.

I love the NEW ED way better, the last one was to dramatic. Also, we got TK in this one and this new ED has everyone doing cute things and that part where Matt was drying off Gabumon fur, for a second there, I thought Matt was cooking him and all there is left was his fur. I wonder if I'm the only twisted person thinking that. XD
KanameYuuki said:
New ED with Takeru & Reol Hype!

It also seems like Hikari probably won't show up for another 12 episodes.
If you don't mind, how did you come to that conclusion? I wouldn't mind that span of 12 episodes, just wondering what we can fill in those empty spots to get to Hikari arc.
Sep 7, 2020 12:16 AM

May 2011
I am rewatching the original with this one and one thing that really makes me meh to it, is how the evolutions just happen.

Also the digimons seem to have endless energy meanwhile in Digimon as a franchise they need to rest and eat to evolve for them to keep fighting for longer periods.

I think the pacing is way too fast IMHO, Digimon 1999 has fast paced but here the structure is: mini problem, get into a fight, one kid discovers something and the digimon evolves, episode ends.

There is no sense of exploring this world in the sense of what is that place about, the lore behind it and that's one of the biggest praises I have to this franchise and why I consider one of the best "isekais" even if its target audience is kids and not the pandering of otaku culture we have now with the "mature" titles we got in recent years like SAO, Konosuba, or whatever that quartet thing they want to throw.

For example in the original, Joe wanted to find humans, Izzy wanted to know how to communicate in the world and understand the hyroglyfics and everyone else was exploring the File Island because of how bizarre was its nature from having a factory that didn't do anything and then on the other side a big tundra climate.

Also why the evolutions have to be tone down if it is not Agumon or Gabumon. Everyone had their amazing evolution sequence.

One thing I really praise is the action because you don't see rehashes of the same move being yelled every single time and you get some cool action scenes and I love how each evolution has its theme like in Digimon Tamers.

But honestly it has being just very standard so far.
Although as I said I will take any digimon show over any trending isekais any day.
Sep 7, 2020 9:48 AM
Feb 2016
So apparently they forgot two of them can transform to perfect level already and needed a new transformation to remind them.
Sep 7, 2020 11:16 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I really enjoyed this episode and it was about time Izzy started using his head by trusting his instincts. Tentamon is my third favorite digimon so I'm glad he got a chance to shine with his super evolution. Next week is going to be a good old reliable Joe episode and his digimon is going to throw the hammer down with his super evolution.

I like the new ED too.
Sep 7, 2020 3:00 PM
Jul 2016
Nice episode. Funny how Taichi's group episodes are always the best ones and Yamato's are always boring.
Sep 8, 2020 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
These super evolution episodes have been fantastic. I'm also really surprised by the amount of peril involved in each episode, it literally all looks quite hopeless before the evolution comes. I couldn't help but compare it to SAO where the get out of jail card was constantly being played at any moment, even if you know its coming here with the super evolution they push the characters to the limit before it, which makes it all the more satisfying.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 8, 2020 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
They could have evolved faster.
Sep 8, 2020 4:25 PM

Aug 2017
I almos thought that koshiro was going to throw away his notebook when he realized that it didin't work.

Also, I quite liked the new ed. Takeru and Patamon look adorable.
Sep 8, 2020 8:13 PM

May 2008
vxnderground said:
I agree with everything here. Except Tentomon always had more of a personality than the others to me, especially since he has a different accent (Kansai, I think?). Palmon and Gabumon also always had more personality than the others imo.

Something I would have liked to see them include is maybe Kuwagamon and Oukuwamon were messing with the electrical waves hence Koushiro's tablet dying. It wouldn't be that far out considering these new projectile abilities they gave them.

Oh, I agree, Tentomon always had personality even in Adventure (some of the best liners came from him, lmao), it's just so obvious here. (Yeah, it's Kansai.) With Palmon and Gabumon, it's usually in contrast to their partners otherwise they tend to act like them, imo. Tentomon and Gomamon usually act the same regardless of who they talk to making them seem more like individuals. At least, that's how I always saw it. I'm hoping for a Taichi and Yamato team up later on so we can get more Agumon and Gabumon friendship and see them outside their partners.

Ooo, nice idea! Maybe something like their wings are buzzing so fast it's causing the electrical interference.
Sep 9, 2020 6:58 AM

Apr 2011
AcD4c said:
Someone else thinking about the size of perfect digimons? Damn, Okuwamon was big as fuck, so was Metaltyrannomon.

Same! Oukuwamon wasn't that big in the original. And are we going to ignore that Cannonbeemon was literally a giant spaceship in the last episode??

Henceforth_White said:
The ending was ultra creepy, especially the part where Yamato was drying the clothes of Gabumon (and that can not happen now because in the new gabumon the skin is stuck on him, look at gabumon carefully).

That's a nod to the original. There was an episode where Yamato and Gabumon were stuck in an ice area and Yamato got sick so Gabumon put his pelt over him to keep him warm. And Gabumon is super self-conscious without it so he hid in the dark part of the cave.

lkevsan said:
I am rewatching the original with this one and one thing that really makes me meh to it, is how the evolutions just happen.

Also the digimons seem to have endless energy meanwhile in Digimon as a franchise they need to rest and eat to evolve for them to keep fighting for longer periods.

I think the pacing is way too fast IMHO, Digimon 1999 has fast paced but here the structure is: mini problem, get into a fight, one kid discovers something and the digimon evolves, episode ends.

There is no sense of exploring this world in the sense of what is that place about, the lore behind it and that's one of the biggest praises I have to this franchise and why I consider one of the best "isekais" even if its target audience is kids and not the pandering of otaku culture we have now with the "mature" titles we got in recent years like SAO, Konosuba, or whatever that quartet thing they want to throw.

For example in the original, Joe wanted to find humans, Izzy wanted to know how to communicate in the world and understand the hyroglyfics and everyone else was exploring the File Island because of how bizarre was its nature from having a factory that didn't do anything and then on the other side a big tundra climate.

I thought about this too. In the original they never used Birdramon to just fly around because it was risky in case Piyomon ran out of energy and they were attacked. Here they just have unlimited energy and can digivolve without consequence any time. Even after they get to Ultimate level, they don't revert to Baby forms.

This reboot seems a lot more goal directed. Their goal is finding the holy Digimon (probably Patamon judging from the new ED) so that's all they're focused on. In the original, the initial goal was getting back home and they all had different ways of trying to do that (Jyo trying to find other people for directions, Koushiro trying to learn more about the world to find an exit, etc). My opinion on this is they've had 20 years to develop the Digital World and now they're doing less blind exploring and interacting more with the lore.
Sep 10, 2020 4:32 AM

Oct 2017
Jeez, throughout the whole episode I keep shouting in front of my screen:
"HEY TAICHI, MIMI, YOU KNOW YOU GUYS CAN SHINKA TO PERFECT FORM RIGHT, WHY DID YOU GUYS REFUSE TO SHINKA?"

I mean I get it, this episode is for Kabuterimon to Shinka to Perfect form, but it doesn't mean they have to stay dumb for a whole episode. By the time they got surrendered for the first time they should have shinka already..

Also Ik knowledge is the key for Koushirou to Shinka, but it's funny how Kabuterimon shinka AFTER he got out dangerous situation instead of during. So the whole escape sequence is kinda pointless in the first place.

The dangerous situation is way too forced for the sake of it. Also like i mentioned earlier , the sequence of event for how the episode goes has NOT changed a single bit ever since episode 4.

1. They walk around, chat like 2 minutes, and then a random enemy shows up (boring villain that'd get defeated in the same episode).
2. They were forced to retreat a little because they got ambushed or whatever
3. They discuss how to get pass/ defeat that Digimon.
4. They got themselves into some trouble again during the rematch (not really because it feels very forced/ artificial)
5. One guy shinka and defeat the enemy in one blow
6. They laughed and move on forward.

EVERY SINGLE EPISODE after ep4, NO SEQUENCE CHANGE AT ALL , for up to ep14 already!

Back in original Digimon Adventure, literally every single Perfect form shinka is under different circumstances/ scenario.

The only good thing about this episode is at least there's a slight sense of character progression for once for Koshirou, and enemies didn't explode in one blow like in Sora/ Yamato's episode.
Ventus_SSep 10, 2020 4:49 AM
Sep 10, 2020 1:31 PM

May 2015
Typical Toei, changes the ending but not the opening... They changed it sooner than they should've cause it spoils some things...
Metalgreymon and Lilimon exists, everyone in this episode: I'm gonna pretend they don't.
I guess I'm the only one who liked Sora's episode more.
TheBerserkerSep 10, 2020 1:46 PM
Sep 12, 2020 5:52 AM

Oct 2017
TheBerserker said:
Typical Toei, changes the ending but not the opening... They changed it sooner than they should've cause it spoils some things...
Metalgreymon and Lilimon exists, everyone in this episode: I'm gonna pretend they don't.

? For Digimon is always 26 episode mark for OP change and 13 episode mark for ED change.
The exception being Old Digimon Adventure, which OP never changed though.

I mean it's not like people won't skip OP/ ED after their first watch anyway. (I do watch OP if I really really like it though, and ED I almost always skip after first watch)
Sep 12, 2020 11:09 AM

May 2015
Ventus_S said:
TheBerserker said:

? For Digimon is always 26 episode mark for OP change and 13 episode mark for ED change.
The exception being Old Digimon Adventure, which OP never changed though.

Not sure about Savers and beyond but they only updated the same opening for 02 and Tamers, they didn't change them, Frontier opening didn't receive an update just like 01, and they only changed the endings halfway through, and I personally don't care whether they do or not, you could probably say I'm being sarcastic there or irritated or something... that's not what I'm talking about anyways, what I'm talking about is that they changed the ending sooner than they should've because it spoils a couple of things, the right point to change to the new one would've been after introducing Takeru.

I mean it's not like people won't skip OP/ ED after their first watch anyway. (I do watch OP if I really really like it though, and ED I almost always skip after first watch)

I watch OPs and skip EDs most of the time too but this has nothing to do with what I said.
TheBerserkerSep 12, 2020 11:30 AM
Sep 12, 2020 2:10 PM

Dec 2013
vansonbee said:
If you don't mind, how did you come to that conclusion? I wouldn't mind that span of 12 episodes, just wondering what we can fill in those empty spots to get to Hikari arc.

Nothing important or with any concrete reasoning, just that OPs and EDs usually have some kind of spoilers and there was no sign of her on the new ED.
Sep 13, 2020 10:34 AM

Jul 2008
I like the new ending better.

However it just feels wrong not having T.K. there right now. I mean we are already at Ultimate level and no Patamon.
Sep 13, 2020 6:48 PM

Oct 2017
WolfWood37 said:
I like the new ending better.

However it just feels wrong not having T.K. there right now. I mean we are already at Ultimate level and no Patamon.

Dw , I'm sure the new reboot will bump the shinka twice to Holy Angemon in 1~2 episodes :^)
Jan 18, 2021 3:26 AM

Jan 2021
The animation was surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting much since the last episode but the fight scenes were great ngl.

Also why didn't they make Togemon and Greymon evolve (ToT)

And Metalgreymon and Weregarurumon are the only ones to have complete evolution sequences so far. I'm still on the fence about Lilymon because it's exactly the same as the original so I'll wait for now.

Koushiro was also great in this episode realizing he was way too dependent on his tablet when he's a genius himself.

Pacing's really fast. It seems like having a goalpost like finding the Holy Digimon is really moving stuff faster than it did in the original. I'm expecting Ikkakumon's episode is also gonna be similar to the last ones. I'm actually fine with it honestly. There's an actual goal now and there's a sense of urgency with the Tokyo blackouts and all so it's clear they're trying to accomplish stuff as fast as possible. We'll see where this goes.

Also new ED! Not as good as the first one but that's fine. The visuals were cute too and that reference to Gabumon's hide in the original XD
Feb 9, 2022 12:04 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good and action-packed episode.

AtlurKabuterimon rocks!
Aug 31, 2023 10:52 AM

Nov 2012
tk and kairi really sidelined this hard that we haven't seen them yet, yet they're in the OP (and those few brief kairi scenes pre digital world). I know in 01 we didn't see Kairi immediately either, but TK was there, and I'm guessing he needs to show pre Devimon? No sign of Patamon or Gatomon yet either.

Zudomon next ep, let's go
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 7 Discussion

Ishkoten - Jul 18, 2020

24 by lucsxcx »»
Apr 28, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.