Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, we got elder Digimon this episode.

Poor Mimi, she got disciplined like a child and her partner couldn't really help her that much. I found this episode amusing tbh. Taichi also had his work cut out for him. Cool to see Jijimon though. Rosemon was also pretty badass.
Jul 3, 2021 8:05 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
As in tradition for this series, the Mimi episode has once again broken the chain of bad episodes. Er sorry, the Mimimon episode in this case.

Pretty entertaining all throughout with her failed attempts at the obstacles and trying to defeat Babamon. Seriously, how strong is that Digimon actually? Also the new digievolution sequence looked quite alright and a new ending sequence made its day-view and it looks cool, probably the best one yet. My few gripes were with the forced inclusion of Taichi and Agumon who did nothing and the fact that Rosemon is way bigger than I thought (in size, don't misunderstand).
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 3, 2021 8:23 PM

Jul 2017
The Adventures of Mimi and Palmon...in a school setting.

Elder and children Digimon...and Mimi got disciplined like a child, what a harsh life. Not even Palmon's Champion and Mega levels can beat Babamon, what hilarity. Bring in Taichi and Agumon, and it's the same for them.

How I've missed Jijimon though, this elder is a classic. Some student-teacher stifling between Banchamemon and Babamon (and they had the nerve to nerf Palmon's evolutions (which is always sad), except for Rosemon), but the lessons learnt are not for nothing.

Well is this yet another enjoyable episode. And the Crests' mystery is slowly coming closer.

The last ED of the series, and it's a good one.
Jul 3, 2021 8:58 PM
Feb 2020
12 minutes without Tai..
I'm amused that the girls were 3rd and 4th to get their Megas, and Palmon upgraded the ending as well, I rather like this one
Jul 3, 2021 9:44 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was so meh, I can't believe they wasted Palman's 1st mega evolution with this.

New ending is nice tho, as expected from ATEEZ.
Jul 3, 2021 10:19 PM

Jan 2009
damn Rosemon is sexy hot and her evolution might be done by Naotoshi Shida too

Toei really loves giving a good treatment of any Mimi focus episode eh
Jul 3, 2021 10:31 PM

Feb 2019
Rosemon is MOMMY. WOOF WOOF WOOF. Jeez I love her design. Episode was meh up until the climax, but thought it was a cool reveal for Palmon’s mega form. Always nice to get mimi themed eps. Yamato’s next week should be fun too. Only about 11 more eps left, time has flown on this show.
Jul 3, 2021 11:53 PM

Jan 2020
Was it only me or someone else noticed Ophanimon in the new ending? Hmm
Jul 4, 2021 12:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A digimon training school with a fight against the rebel Jotaromon, of course he was screaming "ora ora ora"... ok, and there is also a new ending it's OK as well probably not something I'll remember later
Jul 4, 2021 2:18 AM

Oct 2017
Nice a Mimi focus episode and it was pretty amusing, Mimi that is. Also good to see Rosemon.
Jul 4, 2021 3:05 AM

Jul 2015
And of course Taichi appears from nowhere ?? the fuck bro.
Jul 4, 2021 3:19 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ah yes, HoneyFlashmon is here and dat sexy transformation

ginmob said:

i have accepted it at this point..

i was like, "is this the Taichi free episode????"

"ofc its not"
Jul 4, 2021 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
EcchiGodMamster said:
ah yes, HoneyFlashmon is here and dat sexy transformation

ginmob said:

i have accepted it at this point..

i was like, "is this the Taichi free episode????"

"ofc its not"

It's like they don't care because it's for kids anyway... But really i wish they would consider some stuff not just put it like it doesn't matter or something. Well after 55 episodes i guess fuck it right ? xd
Jul 4, 2021 3:47 AM
Sep 2015
I don't hate that Taichi get more screentime, but it's interesting that Taichi seems to be enchanted by Rosemon. He's a straight boy after all.
Jul 4, 2021 5:53 AM

Aug 2013
Yeees Rosemon one of my favorites! She looks so good.

Also judging from the new ending Tailmon is getting Ophanimon digivolution?
Jul 4, 2021 8:24 AM

Jun 2010
Ahh, as expected of this show's waifu, her episode is always above average. Even when the plot is not special, Mimi's emotion and expression are entertaining to watch. It's no surprised that even Rosemon's evolution looks better than Sora.

I was half-expected it but to see a really big Rosemon is kinda funny haha. Not gonna lie, at first I thought BanchoLilymon might show up in this school-setting episode. Taichi's appearance in this episode has to be the most awkward Taichi-moments ever.

So CressGarurumon is coming next week. New ending is nice. Seraphimon and Ophanimon will be Patamon and Tailmon's other megas in the future even though Vikemon and HeracleKabuterimon haven't showed up yet. Let's see how the show are gonna put in all of that evolution now that the show only have little episodes left
Jul 4, 2021 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
OH GOD IS THIS A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE?????????????

Taichi came out of nowhere. For what? Mimi episodes used to be good but I found this one really boring.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jul 4, 2021 9:23 AM

Mar 2018
Mimi should be the protagonist in this reboot. Her episodes are far more entertaining than other kids' and the atmosphere's closest to the original, including the side character Digimons who appeared. Babamon, Jijimon, and BanchoMamemon have more personality than Taichi in previous 54 episodes combined, ngl. They're all convincedly strong too with a bunch of weird techniques. (All 3 are Mega btw, in case anyone's wondering.)

And yes, Taichi's appearance this time was like "Oh shit, we forgot to add him. Hurry up and change the script so we can shoehorn him in or we'll get in trouble from higher-up Taichi fanboys" lol

Tsk, Rosemon is not big enough. Hououmon is still bigger. ThIS ShOULN't Be HaPpENing!!!!! ALL MEgAs SHoUlD Be EQuaLLy KAiJU-SiZes!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The new ED is the shit. Probably the best song in this reboot imo. The visuals are great too. They should've used it as a new OP at halfway point.

And why're some of above users only mentioning Ophanimon? Is Seraphimon a joke to you? The two have evolved to their holy dragon counterparts. Of course they both will evolve to their archangel counterparts this time. Why single out Tailmon?

Next episode is CresGarurumon. And I'm not sure but I think I saw Zanbamon from DMW3 who might be his first appearance in anime.

Jul 4, 2021 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
Can't wait for this show to end honestly. This was a fine episode except for lol Tai time. But once again we're getting a mega way too late in the show and we still don't have a plot for this final arc and the mega has no real impact because we got it in a throw away episode. A nice throw away episode but a throw away episode none the less.
Jul 4, 2021 11:17 AM

Dec 2013
As expected Mimi's episodes are so enjoyable, but why the heck did Taichi have to show up.
Jul 4, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2017
My reaction: "Ah, finally a Mimi episode, this should be fun." *fking Taichi appears out of nowhere literally for no reason* WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also that's it for the crest mystery? They do something random and the compass changes? lol
Jul 4, 2021 11:55 AM

Dec 2016
Is this really finishing in 11 episodes ahead?
Jul 4, 2021 3:03 PM

Mar 2008
Again mimi saves the series, Taichi is just there as the MC that nobody wants to see, but fot the main part is that a MF Jojos reference!
Jul 4, 2021 3:31 PM

Oct 2017
Bittersweet to get a Mimi-centric episode on the same weekend that Philece Sampler (English voice for Mimi) has passed away...
Jul 4, 2021 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
I was thinking that as much as stupid the episode was, at least it was Tai-less... But nope! He shows up! Of course, cause we're watching fucking "Taimon: Adventures of Taichi and his Taifriends in the Taiworld". If their goal was making me hate him, they are succeeding.

And seriously... Missed chance of using OnoD as VA for that Jotaro digimon *smh*
Jul 4, 2021 10:46 PM
Jun 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I find it funny many of you are letting two superficial things: 1. The impending end of the anime, and 2. The random appearance of Tai, sour the experience for you. This episode was actually really well written, much like the other mimi episodes, and I felt like the episode was much longer thanks to this. We get backstory on the school and villain of the week, we learn why Babamon is so tough on the little Tanemon. It reminds me of better anime really (LOL). I really appreciated the better writing and character development in this episode, and Mimi actually having her own amusing character rather than being somewhat generic like the other protagonists helps of course. The JoJo reference made me grin like an idiot and was very well appreciated. I hope if this show gets a second season that Mimi can be the main character. And as others have noted, the ending music this time slaps.
Jul 7, 2021 9:22 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, Liliymon evolution sequence to Rosemon was... pretty sexy actually lol.

A Mimi episode, so of course I loved it, Taichi random appereance and all.
Jul 11, 2021 11:07 AM

Jul 2008
On this episode of Taichimon Adventure 2020, Mimi of course can't hold an episode all by herself so I have to appear and assist Palmon's mega evolution. It is the Tai show afterall...oh my god they can't help themselves.

Nice to see Jijimon though and...ROSEMON IS HUGE!!!!
Jul 13, 2021 7:21 PM

Jan 2021
I'm really late to talk about this episode, and i haven't ever leave a comment about an episode of this show, but i really have problems with the directing of this series, and i put up with that for 54 episodes until this one.

And my problem is, we got a Taichi filler episode before this one, with a really good animated fight, with two random digimon whom i hope get a better role next episodes bc it pains me to see how underwhelming Rosemon vs Banchomamemon was compared to Rebelimon vs Boltmon.

The fact that Taichi popped out of nowhere, just to do nothing or the plot this episode, was the less concerning thing after that fight. And the fact that many see this episode as above average makes me think how low the bar is.

There it is, I got it out of my system
Jul 14, 2021 8:31 AM
Oct 2019
Just when i thought yeah Mimi Palmon Episode, I might enjoying it.
I was like: is this an Episode without Taichi and Agumon?
Then out of nowhere comes Taichi and Agumon again, WTF Toei?

I swear Taichi and Agumon are my favorite in the OG, but somehow in this reboot they made me Hate them...

Also wasted Palmon Mega Evolution for this?
Not even have an emotional impact at all. Just an Evolution for the sake of Evolution because we have 11 episodes left.
I swear whoever wrote this are just doing it for the paycheck.
davidyodo24Jul 14, 2021 8:35 AM
Jul 15, 2021 3:20 AM

Dec 2010
That Jojo part was definitely the highlight in this episode.
Then Rosemon whose size suddenly grew exponentially.

And like others said, why did taichi even appear...
Jul 18, 2021 7:34 PM
Jul 2016
ctrl+f "jojo", wasn't disappointed. This is the most entertaining episode I've seen in a very long time. Also, so many Megas this episode. Rosemon is huge...
omg, that evil Palmon cackle at the end.

booyah10 said:
[...]

And like others said, why did taichi even appear...

I feel like they're afraid to not have the main character for marketing/promotional reasons...

Ryu-kotsuseiJul 18, 2021 7:50 PM
Sep 2, 2021 11:55 AM

Jan 2021
Taichi hijacking another episode again. I don't even know why I'm still surprised at this point lol. I think what makes this one the worst one yet is that he absolutely served no purpose in it compared to the other episodes he was in. At least in the Sora episode, he helped with the evacuation and in the Joe episode, he also helped save Gomamon. What importance did he have in this episode? Did he really need to appear in it?

Also damn Rosemon's fucking huge lmao. I kinda lost it when Mimi showed up on her head and I realized this bitch's a giantess lol.

Now that Palmon actually mega evolved this time, this brings the question why Joe and Gomamon didn't get theirs in their episode. I'm so confused with the pacing of this reboot.

I actually really liked this episode for what it is. It's not like the other ones we've gotten were it's just some random monster of the week with no personality to accompany it. Mimi's episodes are always entertaining. It also helps she's a fun character herself too so she can actually carry an episode on her own.
Hound-of-MALSep 2, 2021 11:58 AM
Feb 14, 2022 10:50 PM

Feb 2020
Sigh... And of course Taichi appears from nowhere. Seriously? Why not Sora instead of him?? This is BS. I'm so sick and tired of him.

It was good to see Rosemon again, but this episode was still partially ruined by Taichi.
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Feb 2015
I'm gonna be honest... considering how most of the previous Mimi-episodes are the best episodes this horrible reboot has to offer, I was kinda disappointed with this one ^^'
It was funny and I can appreciate the subtle nod to BanchoLilymon as an alternative Ultimate for Palmon by using Banchomamemon as the antagonist of the episode, but they really wasted Rosemon on such an unserious episode, huh. At least its evolution looks pretty (which is more than can be said about Hououmon).
The longer this show goes on, the more irritated I am that they rushed all of the previous evolutions in the first twenty or so episodes, just to waste the ultimates on the least threatening scenarios they could come up with (or on a vulcano...).
Taichi and Agumon randomly appearing out of nowhere and not even contributing anything at all is so stupid that it's almost funny.
The new ED is probably the worst one yet, especially when it comes to the visuals.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 10 Discussion

alphazero4um - Aug 8, 2020

38 by redrufus »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.