Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Ruka with that phone and brutal honesty.

Yeah, I'd say this episode is troublesome for both Kazuya and Mizuhara. The fact that they know their secret brings trouble and also, she's not letting Kazuya go. Kazuya is still pathetic as always although I guess he can't do much about the current situation.

What an awkward episode. Ruka is playing them like a game. She's also so damn clingy.
Aug 21, 2020 9:55 AM

Feb 2018
Thanks for Ruka~

There are broken but not glass, Is it just my feeling when I hear a heartbeat in the first half? I like that falling scene, it's a good catch Kazuya but there's no squeezing the breasts scene, rip. Ruka reveals that she is a Rental.

Ruka vs Chizuru, Because oppai is number one, xD.

Aug 21, 2020 11:57 AM

Feb 2019
Fuck, looks like I’ll have no choice but to [Stan](https://imgur.com/a/vbESBoq)

Move over mami, found my new fave.

Finally found a reason to enjoy this series. Another waifu, another figure to waste money on sigh.
Aug 21, 2020 11:59 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
This episode is where it's starting ridiculous but funny all at the same time.

Started with him just trying to have her not tell on him and ended with him asking her out basically.

Also, this series has some of the best reactions.
PendragonX1Aug 21, 2020 12:03 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 21, 2020 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
It's getting better and better. Seriously.
I really like both, Chizuru and Ruka.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 21, 2020 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
Ruka may just be best girl. The fact that she is voiced by the same VA as Yui from Oregairu makes it better.

From the ending, does Ruka has some sort of a heart problem? I'm going to read the manga from this point onward.

Aug 21, 2020 12:21 PM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Kanokari and just say... Ruka is the GIRL

Pretty funny episode today (although) also hilarious for our fav couple Chizuru x Kazuya

This seems to getting better every episode, Chizuru or Ruka?

Just waiting for next one!!
Aug 21, 2020 12:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So according to what I can see in the ending Ruka has like heart disease and she's searching for someone that can make her heartbeat higher than 90bpm? xD this is very stupid but why not, and at least she's cute so far, Kazuya doesn't deserve her.
Aug 21, 2020 12:51 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm looks like Ruka has quite the bad impression with regards to rentals. Still that was one heck of a save by Kazuya though. Given her dislike of them its surprising that Ruka was also a rental. Her reveal of the contract with Kuri though sure was brutal. If anything Ruka really is full of surprises especially in the actions that she's taking. To think she will fall so hard for Kazuya after just two meetings. Her dislike of Chizuru though is hillarious especially her view of Chizuru being the puppet master. Overall an interesting and fun ep that did well to expand upon Ruka as a character while also introducing the first trial to Chizuru and Kazuya's relationship since their partnership. Im quite curious about Ruka's nature especially her focus on matters of the heart. looking forward to seeing the sparks fly between Chizuru and Ruka in the Christmas ep next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2020 12:51 PM

Jan 2014
I get the feeling this might end badly, since she's going by stats, sure she's found that he actually is a caring guy, but still. Going off from stats can be a bad idea.
Aug 21, 2020 12:54 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I thought from the first third or so of the episode that this was solidly going in the cliche rom-com direction, but it really turned around from there. Kazuya just manages to be such an unpredictable protagonist that the show is always fun for me to watch. I'm still solidly in camp Chizuru, but Ruka seems like she will definitely be an interesting character.

Chizuru persuading Kazuya to date Ruka reminds me of when my friend had his girlfriend ask me to a dance in high school just so I wouldn't graduate without having gone on a date.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 21, 2020 12:55 PM

Mar 2017
This just got 100 times more complicated! It's not going to end well with Kazuya dating Ruka, even if she really loves him. First, there's the fact that he's in love with Mizuhara and it's pretty clear she has some feelings for him... but also poor Kuri! It was really cruel of Ruka to out him like that!

I really liked how they used the end credits to give Ruka some background and how she came to have feeling for Kazuya instead of using a whole episode to flashback and all that jazz. Very creative!
Aug 21, 2020 12:56 PM
Nov 2018
I wish the episode’s ed would have explained Ruka’s backstory a little better as it’s not clear about her heart problem
Aug 21, 2020 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
damn I thought best girl was introduced in episode 1, but here she is
Aug 21, 2020 1:23 PM
May 2016
Loved it, her "murdering Ruri in cold blood" was hilarious, Ruka is cute as hell.
Aug 21, 2020 1:30 PM
Feb 2020
I really did not liked Mizuhara in this episode. They both had Ruka crying on the streets like it's nothing. Kazuya being insufferable as always, he is truly being manipulated by his rental, it looks like she does not wants to be with him but at the same time does not let him to be with anyone else, Mizuhara having the same attitude as Mami, damn these females.
Aug 21, 2020 1:31 PM

Dec 2016
Ruka is hopeless romantic. She fell in love for Kazuya pretty easily but I'm curious to see the development in this. Waiting for next week.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 21, 2020 1:41 PM

Jan 2020
It was pretty unique how the ending was a flashback. Also poor Ruka

Aug 21, 2020 1:51 PM

Apr 2015
All I can say is... THAT ANGLE!

Just two episodes and I am sold so far, move over Chizuru! Ruka is a whole load of different kind of cuteness! She's pretty serious when it comes to Kazuya (I fail to see how XD), the special ED perfectly captured what she has been seeking all this time. That was really well done. Can't wait to see more of Ruka!
Aug 21, 2020 1:54 PM

Dec 2015
Can someone please explain why Kazuya made her heartbeat to 90bpm so important to her? Also, I like how she just flat out said that Kazuya likes Chizuru. This won't end well.
Aug 21, 2020 2:01 PM
Oct 2019
This is it boys best girl ruka has joined!!!
Aug 21, 2020 2:04 PM
Jul 2020
2 rental, 1 simp

at least kazuya starts to grow up in recent episode
i smell some jealousy from chizuru here

can some one explain me well about ruka's disease? what i get from the anime that she have some problem with her heart, and in order to avoid that she slowly remove her emotion so that her heartbeat wont reach certain point, but it backfire her and make her feels nothing about love?
Jan 2020
Damn I had to stop the episode multiple times just to deal with the emotions that i has feeling, also Ruka Best girl, Kazuya is still Mizuhara's dog and for me the best episode of the anime so far

Mar 2019
The "love war" begins...well kinda...

Seeing Ruka crying like that makes me sad as well and with the ED song we got to know a little about her past...she is honest with her feelings, those poor tears...
Aug 21, 2020 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
Here I was waiting for that cute girl from the OP who blushes a lot and looks super my type... and this episode goes and throws me an overly attached stacked girl voiced by my fav female VA.

Her blackmailing methods are definitely questionable, but... but... holy fuck she's adorable, I enjoyed a lot this episode and I can't wait to see what happens with Kazuya going out with her for now.

Big F to Kuri tho, dude got murdered in front of his friend. I appreciate how bro Kazuya was towards how bad he must be feeling, although I guess mostly out of how relatable the situation is to him lmao. It's gonna be hella awkward when Kazuya shows up with Ruka tho oof.

I really liked that special ED for Ruka! I imagine it adapted a chapter of the manga about her backstory, looks like Kazuya is the person that finally made her heart go dokidoki, so cute.

Aug 21, 2020 2:06 PM
Apr 2019
Finally, Ruka!!!

Really funny episode but wished the origin of ruka was more than the panels but damn did it still hit hard.
Chizuru and Ruka really got to shine with a lot of cute moments and this episode flowed well with the pacing being fast but still felt coherent enough to be followed. New ED song is nice and hey, it is the christmas ep next, can't wait!
Aug 21, 2020 2:13 PM
Aug 2010
hmmm, sudden spike upwards in quality? this show has starting to rev its engine to a serious level, much more better than first few episodes, Ruka seems to have an interesting yet worrying past issues concering health. Is this going to be an important aspect in future? Hmmmmmm, interesting
Aug 21, 2020 2:21 PM

Mar 2010
I can't lie I'm a bit jelly how all these girls are getting all up in Kazuya's face. When can I rent a gf?

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 21, 2020 2:27 PM

Jan 2020
Previous two episodes have been kinda lacklustre imo. Didn't really enjoy them tbh

Mami carries the show for me. She needs to come back ASAP !!!!
Aug 21, 2020 2:27 PM
Mar 2020
Leo said:
Ruka may just be best girl. The fact that she is voiced by the same VA as Yui from Oregairu makes it better.

From the ending, does Ruka has some sort of a heart problem? I'm going to read the manga from this point onward.

...and suddenly my instant attraction to her makes sense! (Yukino still best girl, but) gotta adore Yui in any setting <3
Aug 21, 2020 2:30 PM

May 2018
Wlep as expected Ruka is a rental...…..And she truly like Kazuya, man I can't believe that Kazuya would still be that stupid for not letting go of Mizuhara when they have an agreement that she would only be his fake girlfriend until he either get back with Mami or find a real girlfriend.
Aug 21, 2020 2:32 PM

Jul 2015
That was a complete dick move from Ruka. Looks like blonde has a real competition for the title of biggest trash. Bros before hoes.

Aug 21, 2020 2:45 PM

Dec 2019
Ruka is super clingy, I understand why she likes Kazuya but she is bothersome. It's probably not going to end well with Kazuya dating Ruka.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Aug 21, 2020 2:50 PM

May 2012
is that a best girl i spy?
Aug 21, 2020 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
I love how crazy Ruka is and her VA is absolutely killing it. It's a shame the cringe is really dialed up for the first three episodes (even I hated it at first). Ever since though it's been pretty smooth sailing with Kazuya keeping the cringe to a minimum.
Aug 21, 2020 2:55 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013

Don't skip the ed song. Anime decided to cut out Ruka's past (probably not enough space to put in the anime) and put into the ed song.
Aug 21, 2020 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Ruka is so cute. I feel sorry for her to have to settle with MC though. Again, the story is ridiculus this week as well (which is totally fine, just irritates me sometimes [talking about the characters' reasonings for continuing their relationship])
Aug 21, 2020 3:14 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Chizurus's crocs tho 🤢 Come on mannn
Aug 21, 2020 3:18 PM

Jan 2014
Nunbo_Arbur said:
Can someone please explain why Kazuya made her heartbeat to 90bpm so important to her? Also, I like how she just flat out said that Kazuya likes Chizuru. This won't end well.

From the way I interpreted it, it seems like she had or has a heart issue that caused her to collapse when she was younger. So in order to prevent another collapse, she had to avoid getting excited over anything... And after awhile, it seems like she CAN'T get excited anymore. Like nothing increased her heart rate. Not a rollercoaster, or any of the other dates as a rental. So she felt like a robot, unable to be moved by anything. That's why Kazuya increasing her heart rate is a big deal.
XandarosAug 21, 2020 3:34 PM
Aug 21, 2020 3:32 PM
Feb 2020
GOD! I think this chapter was very intense, it covered too many things and I think that people who do not read the manga will be a little confused about why Ruko wants to fall in love, but I just loved it.

It confirmed my suspicions (although quite obvious) that she was a girlfriend for rent, but I fell in love with the character, it pretends to be superficial but perhaps it is deeper than what is seen with the naked eye, and I like that, now the teams are starting to expand, but my heart will always say: "LET'S GO TEAM CHIZURU"

PS: this anime deserves more note, there are always people who believe that everything has to be super complex with a very thought-out story to be valued, MATURE!
Aug 21, 2020 3:58 PM

Feb 2014
Nunbo_Arbur said:

Just another nonsense author picked out of his ass, like every other piece of bullshit this title is full of.
Don't bother, it's not worth your mental effort.
Aug 21, 2020 4:08 PM

Nov 2017
That ruka girl is one of the most annoying characters i've ever seen. her va doesn't help much either.... focking hell

plz @ me
Aug 21, 2020 4:09 PM

Mar 2014
I call bs on Ruka falling for Kazuya so quickly tbh. Blackmailing him into going out with her was awful and downright uncomfortable to watch. I was glad Mizuhara stood up for Kazuya but then she made a 180 turn which sucks. Still, Kazuya wanted to protect Mizuhara so he gained a bit of respect from me. I still wouldn't go out with her if I were him tho. It's obvious he doesn't wanna do it.

Also I cannot believe they added Ruka's backstory in the ed instead of during the actual episodes LMAO
Aug 21, 2020 4:12 PM
Dec 2007
Xandaros said:
Nunbo_Arbur said:

From the way I interpreted it, it seems like she had or has a heart issue that caused her to collapse when she was younger. So in order to prevent another collapse, she had to avoid getting excited over anything... And after awhile, it seems like she CAN'T get excited anymore. Like nothing increased her heart rate. Not a rollercoaster, or any of the other dates as a rental. So she felt like a robot, unable to be moved by anything. That's why Kazuya increasing her heart rate is a big deal.
This is pretty much the jist of it. Chapter 28 of the manga goes into detail. Im guessing they put it in the end credits cause they wont have time to get to it in the show. Its worth a read if anyones interested...
Aug 21, 2020 4:25 PM

Apr 2018
It's decided. Ruka is the best girl.

(Atleast for now. Still haven't seen our last candidate)
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Aug 21, 2020 4:27 PM
Nov 2017
clint87 said:
Xandaros said:

This is pretty much the jist of it. Chapter 28 of the manga goes into detail. Im guessing they put it in the end credits cause they wont have time to get to it in the show. Its worth a read if anyones interested...

We probably we get an OVA with these missing stories.
Aug 21, 2020 4:29 PM

Feb 2020
even though ruka does all that i actually really like her lmao

the ed was cute and gave a little more context.

rip kuri
Aug 21, 2020 5:05 PM

May 2015
This was the best episode yet imo. Ruka is cute as hell and I might end up liking her even more than Chizuru.

Aug 21, 2020 5:07 PM

Mar 2019
Best episode so far in my opinion, Ruka seems very sweet and caring (even though she seems kinda clingy). Seeing her past definitely helped me like her.

Aug 21, 2020 5:10 PM

Jun 2017
xkazutox said:

Don't skip the ed song. Anime decided to cut out Ruka's past (probably not enough space to put in the anime) and put into the ed song.

That was surprising..maybe they want to cram as much fan service in as possible so backstories are skipped lol.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.