Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2008 4:53 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not many answers in this ep either, and yet more questions. It seems that Miyako is possessed by something, though it could be also just some sort of mental breakdown. I feel sorry for Makoto too, he and Miyako are currently the ones who are taking the worst blows. Plus having your mom thinking you're your father must definitely be really creepy... It was somehow a really beautiful scene in the end though.

BTW, his mom scliced her wrists the wrong way... No wonder she survived. It's a hell of an irony though, given all the effort she put on killing herself...
Apr 1, 2008 6:49 PM

Jul 2007
The smile that Miyako has on her face REALLY reminds of that old woman's. Thus, maybe she's possessing Miyako in order to be the more powerful one (able to make contact with stronger spirits and all that).
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Apr 1, 2008 9:42 PM

Oct 2007
Damn, no more Snark.

Apr 3, 2008 2:08 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
So Makoto was 'forefully' put into his father's position by his own mother. Oh the irony.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 4, 2008 10:52 AM

Jul 2007
Loved this ep better than the previous one. The last 3 scenes were especially touching... Makoto seems to mature slowly... I wish all these boys could find happiness.. I wanna hug them ;_;
Apr 5, 2008 9:42 AM

Oct 2007
Is it just me, or is this series hard to follow? I just can't tell where it's going or what the point to everything is. And why don't we have more answers 19 episodes in? I feel like I know little more than I did at the beginning.

I love the characters and the world, I'm just getting frustrated with the narrative...
Apr 5, 2008 2:05 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
kalindiana said:
Is it just me, or is this series hard to follow? I just can't tell where it's going or what the point to everything is. And why don't we have more answers 19 episodes in? I feel like I know little more than I did at the beginning.

I'm sure that's kinda intentional. Up to now you could follow the show quite well, but the latest 2 or 3 episodes have caused confusion for me too. Somehow I'm enjoying that a lot though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 5, 2008 11:49 PM

Apr 2007
Netforce said:
Damn, no more Snark.

qft ;__;
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Apr 6, 2008 1:48 AM

Oct 2007
This whole series has been kinda hard to follow to an extent. Then again, thats part of its charm for those like me who actually like the show, lol! Only three more episodes to go...a lot of querstions to wrap up in such a short period of time...wonder will there be a season 2...
Apr 6, 2008 5:17 AM

Sep 2007
In the beginning it was kind of hard, but I think it's way easier now..
Well, that's just a how Masamune's Animes are...just look at Ghost in the Shell and you will see what I mean..

Nice episode, things are getting clearer now...

Looking forward to more!

Apr 6, 2008 12:53 PM
Sep 2007
i too found the last episodes way more confusing than the ones before. but in a good way.
hope for at least some hints to whats going on behind all that though
Apr 7, 2008 6:33 PM

Jan 2008
nihil said:
Netforce said:
Damn, no more Snark.

qft ;__;

Yeah, I hate the way they killed him off and she gets to live even though he has minimal involvement in the whole thing. It reminds me of Hirata in the sense he doesn't seem to have any direct involvement, but still seems to get messed with in the worst ways. Oh and while I was watching this episode I realized one thing, whatever happened to the Ghost Hound. Makoto became one, Taro almost did, but the last five or six episodes (random guess) had nothing to do with it. I hope they include something of it in the conclusion, its got to be apart of the bigger picture.
Apr 9, 2008 2:00 PM

Jan 2007
This was an emotionally intense episode. T.T Great stuff, though.

As for the last few episodes...I think they've been wonderful. I read an interview with the director about this show, probably before it even aired, and he said the story is more about these boys dealing with the unknown territory of growing up than the supernatural things - that provides an interesting backdrop, sure, but it's not where the meat of the story lies. At least not for me.
Apr 14, 2008 1:21 AM

Mar 2008
This episode almost put tears in my eyes at some times. Miyako looks like she got medicated or something, thats so not cool.
Apr 14, 2008 11:36 PM

Feb 2007
Stunning episode. The last scene was really touching. A shame about Snark though.

Miyako is definitely under Noriko's control by the looks of it, so it makes sense that one of her "construction workers" pushed her father in the previous episode so that he would not get involved. I don't know about some of you guys, but it's getting easier and easier for me to understand everything that is going on.
Apr 15, 2008 6:48 PM

Jul 2007
Haha as soon as some things start being cleared up there comes even more confusion lol,..I wonder what happened to Miyako.
TrieAug 6, 2009 8:42 PM
Apr 15, 2008 10:15 PM

Nov 2007
I've found the recent episodes a bit clouded as far as the narrative goes as well. I'm beginning to think there are a lot of things introduced that won't really be dealt with -- there's just not enough time left, which is a shame.

That said, there were some really well done scenes in this episode (especially the last one).

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 6, 2008 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
Heart-touching episode ;__; some really nice conversations...also good to see how precious friendship can be...feeling kinda sad a little now ._.

Uuchie said:

BTW, his mom scliced her wrists the wrong way... No wonder she survived. It's a hell of an irony though, given all the effort she put on killing herself...

yeah i noticed that one too <<" lol

also wondering what will happen to masayuki's dad and where his (sister-like) mother is right now...those strange paper-puppet-flyer-things everywhere hmz don't know how they're called lol..one puppet for one target? don't know hum
Apr 23, 2009 10:12 PM

May 2008
Pretty good episode even though it left me with more questions than answers. Seems like Miyako was possessed again, maybe by the old lady?
Aug 13, 2009 9:43 AM

Jun 2009
Remember kids, when slitting your wrists, it's "down the road", not "across the street"!
Jun 30, 2010 5:03 AM

Mar 2009
Makoto finally called his mother 'mother'.
Feb 9, 2011 6:07 PM

Oct 2008
Awww. <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 10, 2011 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
So Makoto's mom tried to kill herself by taking an overdose of sleeping pills, slitting her wrists and she was also stuck in a fire and she STILL survived?
Only in anime.
May 18, 2011 8:01 PM

Jun 2009
Okay so I wonder what good explanation could they have for all this.
Tarou made me cry D:
Awww Snark was a pretty good char too bad.
The scene at the end was a ver good scene :D He called her mom! OMG (lol)
So Miyako is acting weird...with that smile she is really creepy.
Why is there so much hidden things? I wanna have some anwsers but no more questions bleh. I am not saying that is a bad thing, things are going well I am liking it.
Jul 1, 2011 3:25 PM

May 2008
I felt sorry for Kei-san ;_;
Aug 30, 2011 3:39 AM

Oct 2010
Liking this a lot despite Makoto mama's waay too miraculous escape.

Byebye Snark, it's been too short :(
Oct 17, 2012 10:59 AM

Jan 2012
brb arriving 15 minutes later than firemen and go in to save my mom while they watch

strong logic...
Jan 27, 2014 7:18 AM

Jan 2014
supermario23 said:
Remember kids, when slitting your wrists, it's "down the road", not "across the street"!

lol you killed me. what a fucked up thing to say lol

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Mar 23, 2014 1:23 PM

Feb 2014
i can't believe the snark guy is....:( man he was one of my favorite character.
miyako's smile is way creepy than the usual smile ^_^ looks like next episode gonna be something shocking according to the preview

Jun 8, 2014 5:56 PM

May 2008
The last scene: Makoto and his mother were tearing up, and so was I.

I like Masayuki's character development. He went from nosy transfer student to (still nosy) reliable friend. Even though his own family is falling apart, he focuses on everybody else's problems.

Miyako's smile looks like Noriko's so I'm guessing she's possessed by her...
Kyomu9Jun 9, 2014 5:46 AM
Jul 15, 2014 5:54 AM

May 2012
That ending sure was touching! Pretty lovely episode in general I do wonder what's next!
Jan 30, 2015 3:27 AM

Jul 2010
flaxman85 said:
brb arriving 15 minutes later than firemen and go in to save my mom while they watch

strong logic...

mte.
Sep 12, 2016 4:43 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty good episode... Touching scenes of makoto and his mom..It seems that Miyako is possessed by something.. RIP Stark :(
Apr 11, 2017 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
So Makoto's mom runs off coz she couldn't stand living in that house, leaving her son and starts living with her lover............ a model picture of 'mother'.

Masayuki and Makoto seems to be maturing but Taro's becoming annoying as a generic anime MC.
Jul 21, 2017 5:00 PM

Nov 2016
Every episode brings up more questions, I'm really curious to know how everything will wrap up, but I guess some parts will be left untouched for my own interpretation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 24, 2021 2:11 AM

May 2020
What I fail to understand is how Makoto was kidnapped ? He is clearly an Ogami. Did his grandmother kidnap him from his parents and then force them to live with her ? Otherwise it makes no sense for him to be "kidnapped", especially if he was born and raised in that house.

Also damn, his mother really can't kill herself, can she ? Maybe subconsciously she has a really strong will to live, which is probably why she didn't kill herself 11 years ago. Or maybe the anime just wanted some added drama.
Apr 1, 2022 11:32 AM

Mar 2019
That letter has to be the most confusing part. Didn't Sanae say that she was the one who decided to tell the kidnappers about Tarou's sister? And wasn't it that Makoto was never kidnapped in the first place? Although now that I think about it, she said she managed to make contact with the criminals and also there was that ransom so that would probably answer my question, that Makoto was already kidnapped by the time Sanae told them about Mizuka, but who was the one to tell them, Sanae or the grandmother?

I feel so bad, I'm 99% sure Miyako has been possessed about that creepy woman or by someone else, that smile is too creepy. Poor priest as well, I like him a lot. And also Makoto, his mother forgot everything.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 25, 2023 2:31 PM

Dec 2022
Looks like Snark's entitled suicide pact contract didn't work out for him, to my delight. Sanae isn't as sympathetic as she's trying to be portrayed as, and Makoto doesn't hate her enough, if anything. Her husband kills himself due to feeling guilty over something he apparently had no involvement in, and she promptly bails on their son to elope with some dude and leave him at the mercy of psychotic old women.

Speaking of old women, looks like the Ogami hag and Miyako's mother are up to no good. Miyako seems to be the perennial target of manipulative adults who seek to treat her as a tool.

Early on in the episode, it mentions how the priest's fall wasn't as bad as Taro's, which seems like bullshit. The priest was pushed down a flight of stone stairs and clearly directly split his head open on them, with blood streaming down his skull. Taro fell on one step and cushioned it with both his arms. I have a hard time believing the Taro should've had a worse fall there.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 15, 2023 9:56 AM

Oct 2016
I know it is supposed to be an important episode for the character but nah, the way it was handled was very corny. Aside from that it had the least plot progression yet. Most disposable episode so far.
Sep 28, 2023 10:36 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The last two scenes in this episode were emotional. Tarou's such a good boi, he was crying for Makoto because he knew Makoto would be the most hurt if he found out the truth behind the kidnapping.

I'm glad Makoto is getting closure. At the very end when tears fell down both Sanae's and his face, it felt like it was the start of the road to healing for him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 20 Discussion

naikou - Apr 14, 2008

40 by susururu »»
Mar 31, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nihil - Apr 22, 2008

150 by omorashi »»
Dec 29, 2023 9:49 PM

» How many episodes before it's gets good??

RjtheGreat14 - Nov 1, 2023

8 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

melancholy - Feb 10, 2008

52 by Namiszon »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 2 Discussion

Antarael - Nov 1, 2008

27 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Aug 19, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.