Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2020 7:06 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Main girl meeting Misaki girl and others after last arc.

Card, huh. It can see dreams. So she saw dream of her favorite character, but is also maid of Misaki girl.

The girl who gave the card wanting her and Misaki girl to get along.

There's also a boy who give cards to other guys. lol @ guys' fantasies.... without knowing both of them are near. Two girls w. similar name took care of them (sort of got along? lol!)

Then Judgement talking about app. Cases shown in app came true? But few minutes in difference.

New character... he's the one who has the ability to see future. He created the app to try out his ability and get near Judgement.

Both new OP & ED are nice.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 24, 2020 7:17 AM

Jul 2012
We're finally back! Sadly the animation took huge hit ...

Mikoto in dream land with Gekotas! The happiness was short ...

I think in manga the scene when Hokaze asking if they have both someone they liked was so much impactful =(

Blau with the "Dream" card!!!
Jul 24, 2020 7:26 AM

Aug 2018
allenjke said:
We're finally back! Sadly the animation took huge hit ...

EDIT after watching: it wasn't that bad, you had me worried!
guizo-Jul 25, 2020 9:33 AM
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 24, 2020 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
Ah this new Ranker arc finally started after weeks of breaks. Welcome back Railgun and I'm really glad to see the amount of entertainment I had expected to see.

Misaka, Misaki, Kuroko, etc all made this episode worthwhile to watch if you ask me. Then, there's the arc itself which is introducing more elements to the show itself. Pretty excited to see the rest of this arc being adapted. The Misaka and Misaki segment with the maid and princess outfit was absolutely priceless.

The new theme songs are pretty cool.
Jul 24, 2020 9:09 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This is an excellent introduction episode for the arc I like how they brought in all these nice little extra scenes.
Jul 24, 2020 9:27 AM
Jul 2019
I've waited so long for this. Finally.
Jul 24, 2020 9:35 AM

Feb 2016
Finally Railgun after a long break (once again). JC staff really made us wait for a long time. Hoping for no more delays.

A nice episode to introduce the new arc

The OP and ED are also good
Jul 24, 2020 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Railgun is finally back. That was a long break.

It was good to see the main cast again.

New OP and ED for this arc. I especially like the new OP.

Jul 24, 2020 10:04 AM

Jan 2019
The king is back.

That was fun. We got to see level 6 BLAU and precious Junko.

Mini arc with Kuroko and Uiharu begins.
Jul 24, 2020 10:10 AM

Oct 2017
Now this was an amazing episode to comeback with.

The new OP was good and visuals made me excited for what's coming. Looks like this will yet another amazing arc of Railgun. Thou no scene of Touma's involvent in the OP so looks like we won't see Touma in this arc sadly.

The part with Misaka and Misaki kicking those perverts ass was hella funny. They are too op if they work together and ahem I know Misaka's dreaming about Touma but I wonder who's Misaki's been dreaming about.

The dream cards obviously has some hidden feature or meaning behind them, I'm waiting to see that plot twist.

A kid with futuresight, he's proly gonna be in the centre of things in this arc and hopefully he won't backstab lol.

Also that last scene, looks like more troubles coming soon.

Interesting start for Dream Ranker arc, looking forward to the rest.
Jul 24, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2019
They completely omitted Shotacon Musujime lol.
Jul 24, 2020 10:19 AM

Feb 2019
God I missed this [show](https://imgur.com/a/UXD9wiF) Going into episode 1, I had never seen the toaru series. In the 2 month break since episode 15 I watched all of the other shows so now all the context makes sense, lol.

What a great first episode back, some nice misaki and Misaka moments as well as the dream sequences. Poor Kuroko getting rejected even in her dreams. Can’t wait to see how this dream ranked arc plays out.

New OP is pretty different, it’ll probably grow on me
Jul 24, 2020 10:21 AM

Sep 2018
Corona-chan was strong but Railgun was stronger! ITS BACK!!! ( U-I-HA-RU! never fails to make me laugh,Thank you Saten-san!)

Dream Ranker Arc started this episode and we had some great Misaka/shokuhou scenes + Misaka using Indian Poker Card to have a nice Gekota themed dream(until she became Shokuhou's servant...)
We also got to see Aogami Pierce flexing with his perverted imagination and getting destroyed by Misaka...
And at the end we got to see an new app that shows you the time and place where an accident will happen.The source is a 4yh grader with precognitive powers....

well that's just my opinion.....
Jul 24, 2020 10:28 AM

Jun 2015
It's back, and its about god damn time. Or should I say about Tier 6 damn time!! Unleash the hounds of hell, for we will feast tonight!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 24, 2020 10:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yes, Railgun is finally back! 2 months of waiting right in the middle of the arcs was a lot tougher than what I initially signed up for but this is one amusing return!

First half with the Dreams was just gold comedy, really. Purple-haired senpai's dream was quite the interesting dream, to say the least. I thought for sure that'd be Shokuho's (or is it after all?). But then that Dream Ranker's expose involving dubious plays of Misaka and Shokuho and their live reactions - fudging gold, like seriously. I was lol'd the whole time xD. The perfect crime, no kidding. But dreaming about their respective love interests hmm, how very intriguing indeed.

Interesting angle from the second half, meanwhile. As always, the tech of the series always manages to surprise me. Kuroko showing a bit of her expertise and experience despite knowing the outcome, of sorts, was pretty cool to watch and correctly guessing the location of the esper too.

Precognition. I feel like we might've seen such an ability in the franchise before but I can't seem to get my hands on it. Anyway, that was one composed kid. Of course he's got a secret or two but there's hardly a reason for a Judgement officer to decline such an offer, in all honesty. It'll be interesting to see what's next in store for us, most certainly!

Always fantastic to have more Kuroko moments too, I can never get enough of that. "Degenerate Kuroko-san" lmao. No honorifics bit and the whole sleeping scene was brilliant as well. Uihara imagining a convo with kouhai plus Saten-san just being Saten-san were great as well!

All in all, I'm just stoked that this is back really. Last arc was an absolute banger and this is off to a fine start too.

Op & ED are pretty cool as well, I reckon. I do prefer the 1st Op on first glance but I reckon this 2nd ED tops the 1st, got to give it to sajou no hana and visual-wise too (very heartwarming).

Please, no more breaks!
_MushiRock11_Jul 24, 2020 10:32 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 24, 2020 10:34 AM

Oct 2019
I saw someone above saying the animation took a huge hit but I don’t see it having a big impact on the animation? It still looks really good in my opinion :>

The opening is really good! It’s feels a bit different from the others but I loved it none the less. I liked the ending as well :)
Jul 24, 2020 10:41 AM

Jan 2019
jvmesc_ said:
I saw someone above saying the animation took a huge hit but I don’t see it having a big impact on the animation? It still looks really good in my opinion :>

The opening is really good! It’s feels a bit different from the others but I loved it none the less. I liked the ending as well :)
Yeah, I don't know what that person is talking about. Not like anything intense happened in this episode.
Jul 24, 2020 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
@Stark700 @ACasualViewer @allenjke

It's really nice to have Railgun back, although I do have some rather mixed feelings about the stiff visuals this time around. Hopefully it's not as recurrent and not connected to the studio also doing Food Wars s5 (that which is just a straightup slideshow at this point). Tbf, this wasn't a particularly important or intense episode, and much of the Festival Arc wasn't exactly proficient in visuals either sans obviously the action parts.

I like Misaka and Misaki are on bad terms but still have hilarious similarities...they both reacted at the same time when Junko asked it about boys they're possibly interested in LMFAO.
Jul 24, 2020 10:49 AM

May 2018
Blau,I need one of those cards.
Jul 24, 2020 11:05 AM
Apr 2019
What a fun way to return, seeing characters bouncing off each other was great to see. The dream of Mikoto was cute at first then became a nightmare cause of Misaki. Kuroko's back with her antics towards Mikoto and yet she gets shattered by a misunderstanding. Mikoto and Misaki teaming up against the guys more or less lewding them in dreams was funny and seeing Junko's reactions were cute all around.

Dream Ranker arc starting with some SoL fun but looming threats seem afoot with the little boy and also the influx of indian poker cards could lead to some interesting story beats in the future. Excited to see what happens next and glad that railgun is back!

btw I find it funny how both Mikoto and Misaki are seemingly dreaming about Touma and try to deflect the topic when brought up
Jul 24, 2020 11:08 AM

Nov 2014
So many cute and funny moments!
When they told about giving others your dreams I instantly thought "what about dirty ones?". Glad to see that was answered lol.
Glad to see Misaki is in this arc too.
Jul 24, 2020 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
misaka-9982 said:
jvmesc_ said:

Yeah, I don't know what that person is talking about. Not like anything intense happened in this episode.

Mb i was too harsh and yeah there wasn't anything crazy action-wise, but the drop definitely was noticeable. That's why i was quite dissapointed =(

@Ryuseishun
Don't remember anything wrong with festival arc. Just hope this was only this episode.
Jul 24, 2020 11:24 AM

Feb 2010
misaka-9982 said:
jvmesc_ said:

Whenever someone mentions bad animation quality in Raildex before CR has released the episode, they've most likely watched an AT-X rip from Ohys, which is always missing 1 in every 4 frames, bringing the framerate essentially down from 24 to 18 fps. Due to this some animations are missing lots of inbetween frames, creating a sense of bad animation, although the actual animation doesn't look bad. I've noticed this since Index III in several communities.
Jul 24, 2020 11:25 AM

Mar 2016
Gebbi said:
misaka-9982 said:

Whenever someone mentions bad animation quality in Raildex before CR has released the episode, they've most likely watched an AT-X rip from Ohys, which is always missing 1 in every 4 frames, bringing the framerate essentially down from 24 to 18 fps. Due to this some animations are missing lots of inbetween frames, creating a sense of bad animation, although the actual animation doesn't look bad. I've noticed this since Index III in several communities.

Very interesting point you brought up, although tbf that wasn't one of the biggest reasons why Index III ended up such a mess. Unfortunately I can't really think of any other sources where you can find better framerates :P
Jul 24, 2020 11:29 AM

Feb 2010
Ryuseishun said:
Gebbi said:

Very interesting point you brought up, although tbf that wasn't one of the biggest reasons why Index III ended up such a mess. Unfortunately I can't really think of any other sources where you can find better framerates :P

Yeah, of course I didn't mean the actual bad animations in Index III, of which there were plenty :D
And yes, before the CR release there is no other full-framerate release available.
Jul 24, 2020 11:32 AM

Dec 2019
imo this is the worst railgun op song wise but visual wise its really nice
Jul 24, 2020 11:50 AM
Oct 2011
The episode just hits the spot after tense plot arc - wonderful animation, OSTs, ED (OP is not needed because of spoilers) gekota and Aogami fantasies (rofl), perfect 10/10
Jul 24, 2020 1:26 PM

Nov 2017
overall p good start to the new arc
pretty interesting concept with the Indian poker cards and viewing other ppl's dreams
AOGAMI PIERCE'S DREAMS OMG HAHAHAHA
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jul 24, 2020 1:35 PM

Jul 2007
I just love reading the comments and how much everyone loves this <3
Regarding the animation I'm just gonna say that if just the OP has more animation that whole episodes from other anime I'm content with this. Excellent start for second half. The only sad thing is that this is the beginning of the end :(
Jul 24, 2020 1:50 PM

Feb 2014
I really miss Railgun so much, so after a 2 month wait, we're finally back with the Dream Ranker arc.

This episode was full of amusing moments, with Misaka's dream going from fun to hell within seconds all thanks to Shokuhou. I had to laugh a lot when she timed her awakening perfectly when Kuroko made herself a deceleration or offering herself to Misaka, so the timing couldn't be any more perfect when Misaka shouted "No way in hell!" which left Kuroko rather heartbroken for a bit. XD

The best part of the episode came when Junko invited Misaka to have some tea with Shokuhou. It was here that they overheard Aogami boasting about his Indian poker cards of having famous ladies for the desperate guys in front of him. Aogami went on to boast about having cards containing Misaka and Shokuhou and how you can do lewd things to them, all told with a lot of his words censored out. Good thing Misaka and Shokuhou sorted that mess out. ^_^;

The new OP/ED songs sound pretty good and the production values for both are as good as ever. No idea why a few users call the animation for this episode a big downgrade, as this looks and animates no better or worse than most of the Daihasei Festival episodes in scenes without any action in them. I thought it was absolutely fine.

Either way, this was a very good start to this arc.
Jul 24, 2020 2:20 PM

Apr 2015
New OP is neat, especially the visuals are great as usual! Thank god Railgun is back!!

That was quite a lot of ***** during this episode! Unlucky for those dudes to be that near the two level 5's XD

Interesting start with this new arc, the dream stuff is pretty crazy though!
Jul 24, 2020 2:23 PM

Aug 2017
Railgun is back!!!

Those cards are pretty cool, Imagine something like that in real life. About the rest of the episode, just like every arc we have new characters like the kid and the canon introduction of Aogami Pierce (Blue). I don't know how this arc is going to end but it was a good introduction.

I didn't see any drops in the animation, maybe its cuz me since I tolerate bad animation to the point that I don't realize.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 24, 2020 4:41 PM

Jun 2012
Kuruko is a freaking HERO. Teleporting in and saving a girl from a car that is flying towards her. The girl's reaction was underreaction of the year.
Shoot first, think never.
Jul 24, 2020 4:58 PM

Jul 2011
The Toaru world has really grown on me lately after deciding to give it another try with Railgun S recently. I definitely want to go back and read the LN/Manga for Index/Railgun when I get a chance soon.

Also great episode to come back to. Loving the new OP and ED.
Jul 24, 2020 5:00 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
It's nice to have the top-notch comedy of Railgun get showcased again after the intensity of the last arc. Sometimes the Kuroko aggression makes me cringe, but this episode was very funny without having to rely on that fallback.

Misaka + Misaki are the ultimate censorship duo: Misaka has enough power to break into any location, Misaki can wipe the information from the minds, and Misaka can wipe it from electronic storage.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 24, 2020 5:25 PM

May 2019
Finnaly it's back!

I really missed these Fridays, it seems like years had passed between episode 15 and this one. Good hinge episode to introduce us to this arch of dreams and premonitions, it looks interesting.

The boy of the visions hides something, for sure

PD: love the new ending!
Jul 24, 2020 5:36 PM

Aug 2018
FINALLY MY FAV ANIME IS BACK WITH A BANG! I mean Misaka looks pretty hot on that opening scene.

Dude this episode is the best introduction you can have in this arc, great job J.C Staff!

Great mix of comedy and mystery.
This arc maybe not be that intense compared to the first arc but at least it can be so interesting and shine on its own because the story is gonna be unique and a lot of characters gonna be involved on this one.

Also gonna mention ma boi BLAU for being a man of the culture xD i laughed so hard on that scene when he talks about lewd things especially to Misaka and Misaki lmao

Then, i love the character development between Misaki and Misaka if we still in 1st arc they wont probably talk and have tea together lol

Can't wait to see Frenda and also the SCAVENGER that Accelerator annhilated in his show xD

OP was great but still prefer the 1st one but i had goosebumps on the visuals its too good and ED no need to mention its sanjou no hana its gonna be good af.

This wan an easiest 5/5 i ever gave
Great humor and very interesting episode!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 24, 2020 5:53 PM

Jan 2011
glad to see my personal favorite show of winter is back and funny as ever boy that BLAU scene i had to cover my face i don't know that man that has chosen death he got off lightly lol but i guess not remembering anything is a downside in its own.

hyped to see what happens with this arc OP seems wild with some familiar faces ,girls from accelerators anime are in too lol

not sure what people are on saying it looks bad episode for a non action focused looked fine
Jul 24, 2020 6:16 PM

Aug 2019
this whole dream card thing seems like it’s going to cause mass chaos, also this was a good start to a new arc and both the new OP and ED are good.
Jul 24, 2020 7:12 PM

Aug 2016
It's great to see the crew back in action :) I cannot wait for the adaptation of this arc as that was one hell of a funny (and good) episode.

Couldn't stop laughing my ass off during the entirety of the BLAU scene, just too damn funny!

Can't wait until next week, and Friday's just became a hell of a lot better

Jul 24, 2020 7:59 PM
Jun 2017
yes, Railgun is back and so does new arc.. that INDIAN POKER sure looks fun as you could dream whatever dream you want with....

and the real deal, the premonition app... im excited to how they can deal with it...
Jul 24, 2020 8:11 PM

Oct 2014
really good to have railgun back, definitely a welcome addition to a season with the least amount of anime in years

the light heartedness was great after a lot of tense episodes beforehand, some funny scenes too like level 6 blau and misaka's dream xD
Jul 24, 2020 8:43 PM

Oct 2008
nice new OP by fripSide
if Mikoto & Shokuhou team-up they would make a perfect crime! poor dreamer dudes!
4/5.

Jul 24, 2020 8:46 PM
Mar 2015
Great OP The Dreamranker episode was tame compared to what we just went through
Jul 24, 2020 9:14 PM
Jun 2017
good episode,i love the op ≧ω≦
Jul 25, 2020 2:12 AM

Mar 2008
I'm confused... isn't Frenda dead?
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Jul 25, 2020 2:57 AM

Jul 2016
Old_Ironhead said:

This arc is take place not long before her death in Index III.
Jul 25, 2020 3:22 AM
Jan 2016
This is a very good start for the new arc, Railgun is back with a 10/10 episode.

I think Dual Existence is my new favourite opening.
Jul 25, 2020 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
Old_Ironhead said:

This part of the arc takes place prior to that. Note that there's basically going to be 3 mini-arcs within the Dreamranker arc itself, taking place over a decent amount of time in-universe.
As this arc takes place, in Index, 4 arcs occur.
Those are:
Jul 25, 2020 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
SandyBoi said:
Old_Ironhead said:

This part of the arc takes place prior to that. Note that there's basically going to be 3 mini-arcs within the Dreamranker arc itself, taking place over a decent amount of time in-universe.
As this arc takes place, in Index, 4 arcs occur.
Those are:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

92 by StateofOhayo »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.