Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Arte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 20, 2020 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Arte's hard work really is worth praising. She really went all out to finish up the painting she wanted. Quite impressive imo.

Also, coming back to Florence is a welcoming sight for her. She's learned so much from all this experience and working with others. Good show overall.
Jun 20, 2020 6:25 AM

Jul 2017
The end episode of Arte...was all good really.

Black in Florence, everyone is awaiting Arte's return from Venice, to which it's been months since her venture there, and growing worried.

Leon's discussion of Arte's growth in her time in Venice, and apologising for his senseless tact, seems she has grown from all the criticism from the beginning, which is all good and content.

Understandably, the offer from Lord Yuri Falier, Arte has thought long and hard to turn it down, despite of her influence on the Falier family and more importantly, Katarina's life. The heartwarming scene of Arte asking to be Katarina's friend whilst bading her goodbyes, shedding a tear in respect.

And finally, Arte's made it back to Florence, but without Leo in sight and only Dacia, only to find that he's left with his unfinished work intact. Strained without resources, it's nice for Dacia, Angelo and the rest of the artisans to help finish the caricature for the temple. A work truly for Leo's apprentice-turned-disciple to make them proud.

Overall, an honest-to-good show.
KANLen09Jun 20, 2020 7:39 AM
Jun 20, 2020 6:27 AM

Feb 2018
I thought who was visiting at night, at least their conversation wasn't so bad, praising Arte's paintings made Arte happy. Is that a Sofia painting or maybe Veronika? I don't even know lol, the point is she is an elegant girl. It seems that Arte refused Leon's invitation even though Arte was a little confused to understanding Leon's intentions.

It's time to say goodbye to Arte and Katarina, I like hearing that. At least Arte and Katarina became friends, even so Katarina wanted to send a letter with Arte. You should at least protect the painting.

Angel painting is very beautiful, should I call it that? At least Arte's mother came to see it. in the Painting there are people who always support Arte including his parents, a good painting and also this is a good anime.

8/10
Jun 20, 2020 7:13 AM

Nov 2010
So, the main theme was wrapped up like this:
"Your sex, lineage and breeding also made you who you are today. Cherish your assets."
It's the inevitable and sensible conclusion.
Jun 20, 2020 7:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not my type of story but it was really good in his genre and I enjoyed it, Arte character development was really interesting and well done.
Jun 20, 2020 7:57 AM
Dec 2017
Nothing was really bad, but this Italy and characters was too japanese.
Jun 20, 2020 7:59 AM

May 2013
This is so wholesome Arte finally reconciles with her mother all of her painter friends helping and Katarina planning a visit and her painting all the people that are precious to her in the church.
Season 2 please!
Jun 20, 2020 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
What a beautiful and heartwarming way to encapsulate all the themes and messages of the series into one final episode.

Arte’s journey for acceptance was the core of the story and in this episode we saw everyone in her life come to accept her as an artist. The workshops which had previously discriminated against her, came to her aid to help while Leo was gone, and her mother finally accepting her daughter’s career as legitimate.

The mural at the end got me pretty emotional. All of these people have become apart of the tapestry of Arte’s life and she’s had an immense impact on them as well as vice versa. Important message for everyone to take away from the series is to do what you love to do. Don’t worry about what others think.

Underrated series. Top 4 of the season for me. Will miss it.
Jun 20, 2020 8:11 AM

Jan 2014
That ending was so fucking sweet, it really hit me in the heart. I was sitting there, enjoying a nice Arte episode as per usual. Then she's like 'I painted everyone who meant a lot to me along the way.' Arte omfg.

I legit cried. Gonna miss Arte.
Jun 20, 2020 8:12 AM

Nov 2016
I was a bit worried because the last couple of episodes were so-so, but thankfully the anime ended on a strong note. My only gripe is that it was a bit rushed. Although, given the 12 episodes and the pacing of the story I was already prepared.

Well, another manga to the never ending plan to read list xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2017
1.5/10 overall for me, one of the worst shows of the year so far sadly.

As a guy who likes historical settings for content, Arte for me felt like an incredibly bland, uninspired, uninteresting show that did nothing to showcase the real beauty of the Renaissance period as its stacked with one dimensional, stale characters that add no charm, no spice and really nothing to make the show stand out compared to a lot of its contemporaries and rival products. It's visually even more bland, and even slightly ugly too with its color palates being way too bright.

This show really could have taken place in any setting whatsoever and it wouldn't have made a difference, that's how underwhelming the presentation and characterization of the show has been, especially for the main duo who just reek of being forgettable in a few days and the side characters maybe in like half an hour.

Atleast the manga I feel like did something with the art, but the material itself is very vapid for the most part. Such a shame, but only Hamefura and Listeners (which was worse since I dropped it) rivaled this show for the worst of the season/year as contenders.
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this was a really good show! Arte is so entertaining and inspirational to watch and the stoic Leo-san creates the perfect harmony, I'm going to miss this...

Got to say, all the three paintings were incredible though. Especially the last one where she more or less featured in Leo-san's piece, and some heavy meaning behind it to boot. Seeing all the support for Arte during the making process was really touching too.

Katarina and Arte farewell was a really sweet and positive one, I was honestly expecting the exact opposite but I loved it nonetheless. Arte's reasoning to decline Yuri-san's offer may have seemed somewhat cheesy but props to her for getting it out there.

Overall, the story-line was really good and Arte's Character, in particular, fantastic! Side-characters all brought something new to the plate and I really appreciated that. Only gripe for me would be the subpar animation quality and so-so Sound Department but I'd still give Seven Arcs props for managing to deliver the cour despite the you know what.

As a fan of historical settings, this really hit the spot. Underrated and Underappreciated show of the season for me.

Solid 8/10 from my side. We really need a Season 2 of this now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 20, 2020 8:15 AM
Mar 2019
What a wonderful ending to a wonderful show. And the show uses the bracket opening and ending to great effect: opening with Arte's mother burning her sketches in their courtyard, and ending with Arte and her mother side by side praying as her masterpiece looks over them.

A solid 9/10 for me and perhaps the most outstanding in all the seasonal shows I'm watching now. Arte is really up my alley and I'm thankful to my real-life Arte (and Best Girl) for introducing this show to me.
Jun 20, 2020 8:20 AM
Sep 2015
I actually realized that the ceiling mural is people Arte known even before Arte reveal that to her mom, because the black hair man looks just like Leo (which is strangely doesn't get mention)
Jun 20, 2020 8:20 AM

Feb 2020
And now, Arte is over...

If anything characterized this series, it was the courage with which its protagonist worked to achieve his dreams, well, I think that has been an extraordinary reflection of the people behind the series, they have given us sweet moments, trsites but also of hope as well as an important message: don't give up.

The last chapter perfectly encapsulates the message that, in the end, all hard work pays off.
It has been a charming series, with a beautiful message and without a doubt, I hope that many people can have it in all its splendor.

This is the black horse of the season for me (and 5th in my season top), so all I can say is: Thanks Arte, thanks for your story!
JULES_WKJun 20, 2020 9:04 AM
Jun 20, 2020 9:01 AM

Jul 2017
ha as if there was ever a chance of Arte staying in Venice

But overall this show was just poor execution the simulator. At the very least I'm glad they massively toned down (and even slightly execute it better towards the end) on the "bcuz ur a gurl" awkwardness that plagued the first few eps....kinda. Finally took like 12 eps for Arte to realize that it's ok to ask for help from time to time no matter how determined you are in your goal...ok maybe not cause it was more like her hands were tied behind her back so she really had no choice kek.

I'm not even sure why this is seinen in the first place? This show was clearly wayyyy more shounen (or shoujo at best) with every moment summarized as through strength and determination you can defeat the big bad baddies (suck it, Katarina's dad). Which I guess wouldn't have been too bad if I actually ended up liking any of the characters. Seriously, I was surprised Arte didn't end up giving a speech about nakama power smh. Leo was kinda interesting albeit he was just relevant because he's the first person who didn't care about Arte's gender lel. Angelo was like pure fodder, Katarina was there to amp up the shounen and Yuri was there to speed up Arte's growth

Romance wise was pretty much non-existent apart from like that little bit in the middle which I guess is just barely enough to warrant the tag.

ngl I loved the messages the show tried to portray, but the execution was so horrendously bad I ended up laughing and cringing more than being impressed :P

being a girl/10

Short_CircutJun 20, 2020 9:05 AM
Jun 20, 2020 9:16 AM
Apr 2018
Arte separating from Katarina was a little sad but i am glad she took confidence in her self and made her decision. But good to know katarina is planning to visit arte, love their friendship.
Also really happy she is back with leo, i really missed them together.
The part where she got help from everyone for the ceiling job was really wholesome and she did a great job.
Especially where she incorporated the paintings with people who she met and had experiences on this journey, it was really touching.

https://i.ibb.co/7Gy2RTx/image.png

A good end to a great series, hope this gets a season 2, would love to see Arte's future adventures as an professional artist with leo ofc, still ship them strongly <3
On a side note That ending scenery was a really beautiful picture to cap off the series.

Mod Edit: Removed [img] tag; One embedded screenshot per post
CravenlockJun 20, 2020 10:30 AM
Jun 20, 2020 9:38 AM

Oct 2017
Nice finale, Arte came back and she even helped in Leo's work. Felt bad for Katarina cause she'll be apart from Arte. Hope they meet again someday soon.

Pretty good anime, guess I'll start reading the manga someday soon.
Jun 20, 2020 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
Really nice way to wrap things up!
Wise words from mr. Matei.

I didn't enjoy the Venezia arc as much as the rest, but it was overall a good show.
Jun 20, 2020 10:58 AM

May 2019
Arte is back to Florence, but there wasn't really a reunion feeling. It's good to see that she added her own interpretation to Leo's mural and drew all the people that helped her be who she is today. Also, her mother finally started to recognise her. Good for her.

It was a nice ending even though I can't say I'm satisfied with the anime overall. It definitely could be better.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jun 20, 2020 11:01 AM

Aug 2012
Sigh, i wanted this show to be chill like Aria...

4/10
Jun 20, 2020 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
Nice last episode - with also the mother visiting to see Arte's work. This works fine as standalone ending and was a good option to end the anime. Manga seems to still not be finished. And I guess the anime also sid not adapt all of the source already available. And it probably won't adapt more since the anime doesn't seem to be liked that much.

So it is good to not have stopped suddenly somewhere in the middle. A good end for a season.

I liked it. Solid 8/10. Nothing great. But also not much mistakes and likable chars and a nice end.
Jun 20, 2020 11:49 AM
Mar 2015
Good ending Glad she went back to Leo and Florence
Jun 20, 2020 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
Solid 8/10 for me, much enjoyment watching this stand out show.
I wish for season 2,3 and more!
Jun 20, 2020 12:20 PM
Jun 2019
So i guess cause of coronavirus last series lack of budget,that is why the art quality became from
Renaissance to pAiNt and the ending is very very weak and cliche
Jun 20, 2020 12:30 PM

May 2019
I don't want to be a downer for all of the positivity this thread has going, but I really feel like this show was average at best. There was a heavy "Woman can do anything men can do" attitude. While I honestly agree with that, in the setting provided, that is not true. True Renaissance era life would not allow this sort of story. Unfortunately, there was less focus on the setting than on the women's power storyline. Arte was less "historical" and more "fantasy" in this sense.

Should women and men be treated as equals? Yes.

Were women and men treated as equals in Venice during the Renaissance period? No.

Aside from this glaring inconsistency, I found the show to be okay at best. I'm sure many people will love this show and give it 7, 8, 9, 10 out of 10, but I believe that it really deserves a 5/10 at best. A flimsy lead and side characters along with a lackluster story lead me to an average score. Removing the political (and politically correct) aspects of the show, this show is barely better than average.
Jun 20, 2020 2:01 PM
Apr 2020
So happy for Arte, all her hardwork paid off. Her name is getting bigger and biggee. Arte is a proof that you can achieve your dreams no matter who you are or what your roots are as long as you keep working hard for it.

Fine!

Jun 20, 2020 2:30 PM
Jul 2015
Lol what, those people were clearly already in Leo's sketch. Arte didn't do them like she said she did
Jun 20, 2020 2:33 PM
Jul 2015
Kipo0007 said:

Especially where she incorporated the paintings with people who she met and had experiences on this journey, it was really touching.

Mod Edit: Removed [img] tag; One embedded screenshot per post

Those people were already in the sketches Leo did. You can see this when Ubertino shows the unfinished ceiling mural to Arte. I know she said that's she did them, but clearly she didn't. Probably some sort of miscommunication or oversight on the studio's part
Jun 20, 2020 4:13 PM

Jun 2016
I loved this series, the historical setting and reinessance atmosphere, and obviously the Arte character, sweet, strong and funny girl.
I surely would love a sequel.
Jun 20, 2020 5:11 PM

Sep 2019
I liked the show, it never felt really historical tho, but you can't expect a story like this to care to make a setting like one from an assassin's creed game, it takes it's setting as a guideline not as a rule making the characters feel off to this setting, the sometimes remind you that you are in the reinessance so you don't forget it because the characters do not act like they are from this time, but still a good story, idk if it would have a sequel becuase at least on the looks, it defently looks cheap with the characters not maintaining their shape properly or how a lot of the background where wrongly projected, too massive or just blurry which is kind of ironic giving the fact this is an art anime.

But i had a good time with it which is the only thing really important, the only big complain I have is how bad the visuals tend to deform, both backgrounds and characters but i can assume this was made on a rush, low budget and/or a anime studio that is not as good as others when it comes to visuals.
Jun 20, 2020 6:09 PM

Jun 2013
I liked this series but I didn't love it. I love watching series that explores feminism and how women overcame oppression back in the day. This was in 17th century in Europe so I was particularly interested in seeing how a European woman struggled with it. All I saw was every male character regurgitating the same lines, "OMG! A woman!" "WTF you doing here female!?" It got tiring after some time, I was hoping to hear more original insults. It's a wash and repeat of the same thing in almost every episode.

It was like a Japanese shoujo series with a European setting. Arte did not seem European in the way she behaved, talked, etc. Honestly, if you changed the setting into a Japanese high school one, there would be absolutely no difference at all. She would be the clumsy, genki girl who always looks forward and brings rainbow farts to entire cast with her nakama power.

6/10 for me.
臭い-
Jun 20, 2020 6:12 PM

Nov 2015
Was a fun anime overall and better than I expected . didn't really expect a lot at first but for some reason it was fun.
I didn't want her to leave Leo but being in Venice and and all of that kinda made me also want her to stay in her new life , but at the end I missed Leo.
dammit we needed more of Leo and thinking about reading the manga if they don't make more seasons
Jun 20, 2020 6:46 PM
Sep 2016
I liked this show hope we will see another season. I loved seeing her make so much progress during the entirety of the show. Some characters were there for like it seems a few minutes and then forgotten until the last episode which i found weird overall i really enjoyed this show hope to see more!
Jun 20, 2020 8:22 PM

Apr 2019
Did Arte just paint a prostitute in a church's ceiling?
Jun 20, 2020 10:07 PM
Jun 2020
PaulinhaHanekawa said:

That's what you call a "reference". You'll be surprised to know how many prostitutes and courtesans are used as models for so many famous paintings, and yes, including church frescoes and even Madonna paintings.
Jun 21, 2020 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
A beautiful anime came to end......and such a beautiful ending...loved it. This episode was really done beautifully. I don't know whether it will get or not, but hope it gets a season 2
Jun 21, 2020 6:21 AM
Feb 2020
So much wholesome! Surprise like for me this season. Adorable show right down to its sweet ending.

Amaranth_Lullaby said:
PaulinhaHanekawa said:

That's what you call a "reference". You'll be surprised to know how many prostitutes and courtesans are used as models for so many famous paintings, and yes, including church frescoes and even Madonna paintings.

Lol at prostitute on church ceiling, & learn something everyday. Never really thought of it, but makes complete sense.

Also, this thread could do with less edgy trash.
Jun 21, 2020 7:51 AM
Aug 2015
What in inspirational Anime I highly enjoyed it, it even made me tear up because I'll miss looking forward to this on Saturdays.
I wish more happened between Arte and Leo like a hug at least.

I would love another season!
Jun 21, 2020 8:08 AM
Jul 2017
Yes, this show was very far from historically accurate. You need only compare Anime-Arte's experience to the life of Artemisia Gentileschi, which involves rape and court-ordered torture.

However, I see this in the same vein as movies such as Aladdin and The Emperor's New Groove. Obviously they're more about the culture that creates them than about the culture being shown. It would be better if those cultures were shown more realistically. But you can still have an effective and entertaining story.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jun 21, 2020 9:02 AM
Jun 2020
PastFuturist said:
Yes, this show was very far from historically accurate. You need only compare Anime-Arte's experience to the life of Artemisia Gentileschi, which involves rape and court-ordered torture.

However, I see this in the same vein as movies such as Aladdin and The Emperor's New Groove. Obviously they're more about the culture that creates them than about the culture being shown. It would be better if those cultures were shown more realistically. But you can still have an effective and entertaining story.

Author's creative licence I suppose. Artemisia is merely an inspiration, and her name makes for cute word play on the themes. And not everything needs to be historically accurate down to the nitty gritty. Although the manga later on introduces some Christian politics, and sliiiiightly touches on the possibility of court ordered torture. But I seriously hope there won't be any rape incidents in the future of this story.
Jun 21, 2020 5:56 PM

Dec 2016
Awesome ending to an awesome anime.

Loved the mural with all of those most involved with Arte's life.

I liked Art when I was in school but was pretty hopeless at drawing and painting.
Jun 21, 2020 7:12 PM
Feb 2012
what happened? this anime original ending with the ceiling mural with her friends is the stupidest thing i have ever seen! it even looks retarted and out of place
the people making this up need to be fired imo
Jun 21, 2020 9:00 PM
May 2016
Overall a pretty "meh" show, average, art, story, and characters. I at least expected more from the art department for a show about Renaissance artists. And Arte's hair never growing annoyed the hell out of me. She was in Venice for over 6 months!
Jun 21, 2020 11:01 PM

Aug 2015
It was okay.

While there were some scenes, like Katarina's backstory, that made me feel a bit of emotion, it still was average in the end. It seems others hold the anime in high regard, but I guess it's different for me.

Things were too straightforward that anyone would expected them. There were no surprises. It was a fine anime, but not really interesting in general. Bland.

If they wanted to create a story about women empowerment and dream pursuing, I feel they could have done better. And considering that they used Italy as the setting, this anime could've had much more potential.

A fair 5/10.
Jun 21, 2020 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
I wasn't expecting her mother to make a reappearance. I didn't know I needed to see it for this show to feel fully complete, but I did and I am so glad that they did it.

I don't care that it's a little cliche, that it's far from historically accurate. People try to argue that it's happy go lucky nature is its downfall, that makes it not live up to its potential. But we didn't need more realism. There is nothing wrong with an anime existing for the sole purpose of uplifting the mood and mentality of the watcher. Honestly, we have not had a good old fashioned shoujo come out in years of any quality. It's been a long time since the classics shoujo, the last of any real quality was probably Ore Monogatari. It's nice to have a soft, easy to watch and easy to root for heroine without drama that exhausts us. It's nice to take a little break and just feel good when you watch something, and that is what Arte excelled at.

8/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 21, 2020 11:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally a hard work from Arte's could make that great art pallette in the church roof to satisfied me all day along. Nice resolution for all time flies that happen to her till the end. Its a hard life, ofc, however, so much fun to be made, that seem took all the events feeling so smooth and really enjoyable. The hard works plus the great talent from Arte's really take a great pleasure in the end. Its a nice scenes too while at last, the mother gave an acknowledged feeling to her only girl, Arte. Such a soothing moment while the twos of them reunited again with one feelings: to enjoyed the whole art of Arte's. Thats great!

That was the life of Arte's to the short explanations on the roof art. The woman from an aristocratic family whom had an unexpected desire at that aged: To be an artist. It was indeed not an easy way to life. However, only the hardwork could reach such a crazy dream, so do her. After the end, she kept the hardword till its die. Sweet, and yeah a bit drama melancholic to close the end. But its served nice to me, so its still understandable.

Ah, unfortunately, there was no romance shit continuity from this show. Its such a big shame. But, its so obvious that Arte's reject Yuri's offer only to take care Leo-san. I could not hold any laugh when that moment of rejection comes as the way Yuri laughed that shit too. And Katarina, its nice to seen Arte made a friend rather than said a good bye to her. Ah, that angel girl smile never missed the sweet moments to finally close the entire series. So thats it, then. A happy end must be the great end for this great series. Not served as my best. Its served only on my great lists. Yep!

So, yeah, its a 9/10 afterall. Thats it my short summary over this great series. No other comment, no other doubt, no other hesitations.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 22, 2020 9:11 AM

May 2015
Power of friendship at the very end, yet another cliche for otherwise potentially interesting show. Good for Arte to learn what she really wants to do and a bit with her mother was nice too. But overall, I'm not impressed. 6/10
Jun 22, 2020 4:34 PM

Feb 2012
While I wasn't blown away and this series certainly didn't 'break the mold', I was still entertained and I enjoyed it, as a casual viewer. I would not mind a second season.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Jun 22, 2020 5:18 PM

May 2012
Not bad at all I must say, really a lovely ending I must add and there's even lots of room to continue with more story!

Really enjoyed the different encounters and characters in this series. It sure had quite a nice and rather unique to its own yet also connectable with others so that for me gave it a nice touch.

In general I quite liked watching this series in one go!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

127 by BiggKab »»
Jan 14, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

144 by ashura_chan »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

49 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

66 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Arte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2020

82 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 1, 2023 4:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.