Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 13, 2020 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like this episode picks up from events of the previous one and chronicles more of Katarina's memories.

I think they actually managed to use the music well to create the mood of the episode. Kinda found it surreal they shifted scenes between the usual setting and the classrooms. I think they managed to blend a bit between fiction and reality.

That soundtrack is fire though.
Stark700Jun 13, 2020 10:34 AM
Jun 13, 2020 10:04 AM

Feb 2018
It was a sad episode, they are waiting for Katarina to wake up. I like the soundtrack when Katarina leaves the world, I get a sad atmosphere at that minute.

Eventually Katarina was able to meet Maria again, despite receiving a little help from her.

SyureriaJun 13, 2020 10:54 AM
Jun 13, 2020 11:00 AM

Feb 2019
Why’s it raining in my room rn?

Beautiful episode. We finally got to see Acchan and Katarina’s real faces. They were such good friends. I wish I had that. Sad that they were split apart, but it’s great that their souls are reunited in the form of Sophia and Katarina, this time forever. Was also very touching to see everyone’s reflections of Katarina. She’s brought so many people together and made a huge impact in all of their lives.

Student council President seems to have some serious trauma from childhood that’s made him easy to manipulate. Doesn’t look like he’s actually a bed person at heart, just lost. No doubt Katarina will find a way to reach him and add him to the harem by the end of the finale next week. Just one more ep left :(
Jun 13, 2020 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode with a lot of feelings.
Good thing Katarina was able to wake up.

I wonder what happened to her friend Acchan. Is she Sophia or just inside her?

Jun 13, 2020 11:02 AM
Oct 2016
Even with most of this mostly being stuff we've already seen almost recapping it all I bawled my eyes out completely. Like my face hurts because I was crying for almost twenty minutes straight. Seeing everyone reminisce, even if it's stuff we'd seen ourselves before, really brought this home. You'd think that six sets of flashbacks would grow tiring and it almost did but I gotta say the narration of them thinking how much light and joy Catarina brought into each of their lives made it all equally tearful. They all truly do love her, it's incredible to see an endearing cast of characters. Culminating into The moments where Catarina is back in her old life and Aachan has to get her back out. Slightly remembering she's Sophia but not really I guess. Very sweet though between them in that dark classroom where Aachan seems Catarina back. These kinds of scenes always get me. Excited to see the finale next week and now they'll confront Sirius. I'm sure Catarina will bring light to his life as well.
Jun 13, 2020 11:07 AM

Dec 2019
We perceive more of Katarina's memories, which I enjoy viewing. It brings more to her character and learning about the game. Acchan and Katarina’s friendship is very strong, Am happy they get to still be together. Their friendship is something I hope to have.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jun 13, 2020 11:08 AM
Sep 2015
Am I the only one who had misunderstanding that Acchan reincarnate into Maria, not Sophia?
Jun 13, 2020 11:11 AM

Feb 2018
Anyone know the soundtrack of episode 11? if my post above mentioned Kimi no kage, orenji no sora, I thought I was still doubtful about my Japanese language so I decided to edit and ask first. If anyone knows, can you add please? I really like this, a little reference:

Jun 13, 2020 11:13 AM

Mar 2018
Just... wow. If you asked me before the start of the series that I would feel so much for this series, I would say no and even do a chuckle at that point. This episode was just amazing. The direction, the soundtrack and the song, the timing and pacing, the characters... Everything checked out! I cried at the song ;_; What are you doing to me, Angela?! ;_;
Leo said:

Same, I'm actually curious about this... I guess Acchan is inside her...?

Syureria said:
Anyone know the soundtrack of episode 11? if my post above mentioned Kimi no kage, orenji no sora, I thought I was still doubtful about my Japanese language so I decided to edit and ask first. If anyone knows, can you add please? I really like this, a little reference:

Yes, the soundtrack is called "Kimi no Kage, Orenji no Sora" (君の影、オレンジの空)
Koito91Jun 13, 2020 11:16 AM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jun 13, 2020 11:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm rushing out while having a cucumber in your mouth huh thats a new one. So Katarina in her dream state is imagining being part in her original world huh. Seeing her like this must be hard for her friends. To them Kat was someone that served to change their very lives for the better. Sophia being motivated by her alternate self though sure was amusing. But seeing them all vow to help Katarina just as she helped them sure was hearwarming. The manner in which Kat broke through the dream and remember her self sure was cool. Though a dream at least it gave Kat the opportunity to say her farewells to her best friend in the real and close that regret. Now that the gang is back together looking forward to seeing Katarina save the prez from his darkness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2020 11:18 AM

Feb 2018
Koito91 said:
Yes, the soundtrack is called "Kimi no Kage, Orenji no Sora" (君の影、オレンジの空)
ayye thanks, It's so stupid of me to edit, I will tell my friend about this.
Jun 13, 2020 11:22 AM

Jul 2017
Continuing the "Footsteps of Destruction" from last episode, the unknown Dark character Sirius lands Black Hole Bakarina into a coma...

But before all that in the real world, we FINALLY get a glimpse of Acchan (Sophia) and Karatina's IRL faces, and of course, discussing about the otome game. The mundane life of nostalgia, school life memories, working on conquering the game's "hard route" (which we all know, turned out to be Sirius "Black" Diese), and forgetting that reality hits close to home. Plus, angela's insert song was just a bliss this episode.

Everyone, even her servant Anne, is worried for her, and regarding her "Black Hole" harem of friendship, it's a MAJOR factor to how everyone has been changed of their lives because of Katarina, and this incidient deeply worrying for all, the overlaying impact the cause of emotional sadness. This just goes to show how well a story can be weaved using cliches that are taken on a unique spin, and these past 3 months, the evidence is overflowingly positive. Not just placeholder characters, but EACH AND EVERYONE is vital.

More than a perfect 5/5 episode, this is what arguably makes a masterpiece for me in the world of mundane Isekai formulas the same over and over.

The endgame draws ever so close yet, but there's one FINAL mission: save Sirius from his darkness of sadness and manipulation, and stop his doom flag!
Jun 13, 2020 11:29 AM

Apr 2010
phantomfandom said:
Am I the only one who had misunderstanding that Acchan reincarnate into Maria, not Sophia?

Well, Sophia had a dream about the previous Katarine in an earlier episode, so I didn't think it's Maria. Though I would he thought it's Mary (if they wouldn't show)

Siruis (that's his name) is angry about Katarine for... reminding him his mother? I don't say that's the whole reason, but still weird.

Jun 13, 2020 11:30 AM

Apr 2015
All this Sophia and Acchan being connected in a way just makes me want to see Sophia regain Acchan's memories completely!

Quite an emotional episode, especially near the end when Catarina gets seperated from Acchan again.

They managed to find Maria again and now it's up against Sirius.

Leo said:

Same, especially since people somewhere above here, are also suggesting other scenarios, but I still want to believe that Acchan is inside Sophia, but dormant!
CeddyyBearrJun 13, 2020 11:37 AM
Jun 13, 2020 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
Really good emotional episode, was not expecting this level of sadness, but not sure what to think of the kiss, seemed really out of place with the rest of the episode.
Jun 13, 2020 11:46 AM

Dec 2013
What an emotional episode, I'm surprised how this lighthearted show had me at the verge of crying, I love every character so much. It was such a lovely reunion with Acchan, friendship so strong it transcended worlds.
Jun 13, 2020 12:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So it was a dream/a illusion ? a bit weird but I guess it was cool and sad, anyway i'm looking forward to the last episode
Jun 13, 2020 12:36 PM
May 2020
I really enjoyed this episode. It was moving which isn't something I'd expect from a reverse-harem comedy but something I welcome none the less. It has also led up to the last episode and this 'final confrontation' well. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens!
Jun 13, 2020 12:45 PM
Feb 2017
i actually come here just to talk shit about this kiss scene, it was not in the manga and it caught me off guard but man, what a bad moment to do something like this, it really leave a bad feeling

but overall was like the novel, i think how they adapted the novel/manga was a bit weaker, i got a higher impact reading the others materials, but was a good episode
Jun 13, 2020 12:47 PM

Dec 2016
Very emotional episode ;-; Glad Catarina and Maria are ok! Now waiting for the final judgement...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 13, 2020 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
this was done so much better in the anime...nice..... Wishing for a good finale in the end
Jun 13, 2020 1:01 PM

Sep 2007
I need more seasons of this... OTL

As someone who read the manga beforehand.
Unlike at least one person who posted before me I really love how they executed all the "reflections" each character had on how Katerina impacted their lives. While in the anime they were all in their separate houses, etc. reflecting then came together at the end in the manga they were already all crowded around her the whole time....the act of them "coming together from different places" in the anime was symbolic in a way...
I also had a sob fest with her "final goodbye" to Acchan and didn't expect Acchan to actually say she lives on in Sophia even though it's heavily applied in this ep/an earlier ep and as well as in the manga.

The mouth-to-mouth Geordo had with Katerina surprised me but in a kind of d'awwww sort of way....though I partially expected Keith to barge in but guess he was too busy moping in his room.
At the same time though I actually felt true feelings/love behind that "kiss" because outside every other episode I didn't feel the real "love" Geordo had towards her....just the urge to go "touchy touchy" with her.....if you know what I mean

*tear* looking forward to finale with a bang...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 13, 2020 1:07 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was emotional. Goodbye Acchan, top-tier best friend.

Each character narrating through the change brought about by Catarina's presence nearly brought me to tears, honestly. Nicole choosing to just stay close only because of his friendship, in particular, hit me.

I'm curious with the whole deal behind Sophia and Acchan's connection, though. I feel like it's more than just plot convenience and/or dream.

Lol, a genki return for Catarina nonetheless. Might as well switch over to Bakarina now, lol.

Looks like it'll be taming the darkness next episode. Sad that there's just one more episode of this great trip to go but here's to a strong finish.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 13, 2020 1:17 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Damn I did not expected any feels from this series at all since it's always comedy. This was a sad and emotional episode.

The scene with dream world start to crumble was beautifully animated. I like how they add a insert song solely for the parting scene between Katarina and her best friend. They both wanted spend more time which each other.

What should the feels now...
Fuwa_sanJun 13, 2020 1:24 PM
Jun 13, 2020 1:20 PM

Mar 2015
it makes me wonder if Acchan died, if she is Sofia? or is she just astral projecting into the game world lol

such a lovely episode. their reflections on how Catarina impacted them were so sweet
Jun 13, 2020 1:20 PM

Jul 2016

Gotta catch 'em all!

Jun 13, 2020 1:22 PM
Jun 2020
I still can't believe this actually happened
Jun 13, 2020 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
I've always enjoyed this show for being light-hearted and fun, but it's these types of shows that catches you off-guard when they decide to hit you with a emotional-filled episode. This episode was no exception to that.

Sirius's dark magic was strong enough to put Katarina into a deep sleep, so much so that she was back in her old world, as a school student. Although she was back with Acchan, it wasn't long before it was time to say goodbye to her again.

The whole build-up to this scene was strong and emotional. Everyone was reflecting on their worries for Katarina and how they wished they could've done more to protect her. Geordo took me by surprise when he kissed Katarina on the lips in a way to give her the water that he took a sip out of.

Either way, the insert song that played during the scene where Katarina and Acchan parted ways was very strong and it did leave me with teary eyes at the end. =3

Now that Katarina is awake again and Maria has been rescued, it's time to take on Sirius, who's looking to be on the verge of losing control of his dark magic. I'm expecting the last episode to be tense and powerful, so I hope it meets my expectations. ^_^
Jun 13, 2020 1:29 PM

Oct 2008
Excellent, excellent stuff. Though, part of me really, really wished that Sophia would have regained her memories as Acchan. However, I can't deny that that would kinda ruin Katarina's relationship with non-Acchan Sophia. Not to mention, story-wise, her being there all the time would pretty much spoil all the routes and remove all obstacles for Katarina going forwards.

Still, I really hope that this is not the last of Acchan. (PLEASE SPOIL THIS IN A REPLY!) We still have no idea how she wound up inside Sophia. Did she die as well? Magic? Hm...
ActarJun 13, 2020 1:33 PM
Jun 13, 2020 1:32 PM

May 2014
Wow. This episode surpasses both the way the manga and LN did this part IMO. The music, voice acting, and the way it was presented/directed... it was very well paced and even more emotional then I thought it would be. Hats off to Silver Link!
Jun 13, 2020 1:36 PM

Jan 2014
Lol I got so hyped for today's episode, I fell asleep while waiting for it haha. But it was certainly worth the wait in my opinion. Because I really liked that touch that they went back to her as a normal school girl for a brief time. Only for her good friend to save her and remind her who she is now. It was sweet and cute. Very touching episode.
Jun 13, 2020 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
I'm a bit confused; if Sophia isn't a reincarnation of MC's girlfriend from the real world, how was this connection possible (second time in total)? I think many of us thought that the other girl also died (eventually), reincarnated together with Katarina but was simply unable to remember her past.

Are we now going to assume that the girl from the real world hasn't died/reincarnated, but still managed to communicate to Katarina through sleep/dream or something?

That's a "feels bad bro" for her friend and Katarina's loving family :(
But at least she knows that Katarina lives a happy life in another world...

Anyways, this anime was a hidden gem for me and hopefully it will gain recognition!
Jun 13, 2020 1:43 PM
May 2017
Blonde horny kid still being horny as usual.
Jun 13, 2020 1:57 PM
Mar 2020
didn't think i'd cry watching this anime but here we are
Jun 13, 2020 2:18 PM

Jan 2016
So Acchan is Sophia? Im kinda lost with this dimensional thing
Jun 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
Im surprised that this series made me tear up a bit. Loved this episode!!
Jun 13, 2020 2:42 PM

Dec 2019
This episode was a mix of emotions, I was confused at the beggining because it started off with a flashback and I was trying to figure out what 'timeline' it was. And then I was cringing really hard because they showed how worried the harem characters are because of Catarina's condition, but here's the problem: They never actually developed that. Why does Geordo even care? The anime only focused on him and his relationship with Catarina when back she was still a kid, after the timeskip happened I even forgot he was there. Keith, on the other hand I do somehow understand, he was alone and all and they did focuse on him and his relationship with Catarina, that untill he was there just to cockblock Geordo. I don't even know if it's worth mentioning Alan and Nicole because I think they were there just to make Catarina's Harem bigger. Sofia was just there... she does play a role in the story but her relationship with Catarina is nonexistent. Mary is just a walking joke, it's funny but I don't even remember if there's even a reason for her obssession other than just being a trope.

That problem is made pretty obvious when the anime spends 5 minutes trying to set a reason for their relationship with Catarina. Seriously, that wouldn't even be necessary if they tried to develop that instead of those filler episodes that served no purpose. It was pretty hard to go through that part because of how superficial it felt.

And then we get a pretty cute moment, at least for me, when they all stand up and decide they want to be by Catarina's side. I don't know why they had to put those sparkles going around them but anyways, they still handled the scene pretty nicely. We get to another pretty dramatic and emotional scene with Catarina and her best friend, everyone is calling her back trying to reach her but then Catarina has to say goodbye to her best friend and all, really moving scene but I've gotta point out how fucking confusing it is. How did Catarina even get back to her real world? Is Acchan really dead? If she is, why didn't she recover her memories like Catarina did? What's with her connection with Acchan? I'll just assume that's happening in Catarina's mind but it's still rather confusing.

Overall, Catarina carries this show single handedly, the other characters are just walking jokes, ESPECIALLY Mary and Nicole, and the story is... disappointing. I do like the lighthearted feel this anime gives but that's as far as it goes.
CrossBlackJun 13, 2020 3:23 PM
Jun 13, 2020 2:52 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I loved seeing real world Catarina...is it odd that I think her real-life character was more attractive than the new world character (not that the new world character has any lack of beauty.) I must agree that the soundtrack during the flashback scenes was excellent.

This show has been a surprise favorite of mine this season. It's not the top show of the season for me, but it is the show that exceeded my expectations the most.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jun 13, 2020 3:08 PM

Mar 2019
My favorite episode... That was really emotional. Meeting your best friend for one last time again is surely something special.
Looks like we are gonna have a good and happy finale
Jun 13, 2020 3:12 PM

Mar 2010
If part of this episode was supposed to be a rerun or recap then they a exceptional job, they integrated the anime feels well and allowed it to climax into what is going on.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 13, 2020 4:11 PM

Jul 2014
On the side note, and Caname and Haruky reference in the episode!

♪ Imprisoned in the new world of 0s & 1s ♪

Jun 13, 2020 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
For some reason this episode felt incredibly rushed.
serusa94 said:
So Acchan is Sophia? Im kinda lost with this dimensional thing

It was pretty clear since the beginning for me to be honest.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 13, 2020 4:48 PM
Apr 2019
Im surprised no one cuckblocking geordo this time...
Jun 13, 2020 4:50 PM
Oct 2017
this episode was mad cringe. man i aint even feel sad
Jun 13, 2020 4:56 PM

Nov 2016
I saw a carrot and other things, but a cucumber is new I guess.

This was a well done episode and evoked more emotions than I was hoping for tbh.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 13, 2020 5:13 PM

Nov 2013
The first part felt like a finale. So it seems like Sirius might not actually be from the other world, but just a character who wants to avenge his mother.
It didn’t make sense to me how Acchan knew exactly where Maria was, and also how to break Catarina from her slumber. I guess we should just assume she did something...

Also, I can’t seem to recall how Catarina died in the Other world,. Might have to rewatch an episode

Edit: Nvm found it (Ep 7) Acchan said she was involved in a traffic accident on the way to school.
Now it does make sense that this encounter would be the last time they see each other. Still, I wish they explained how they were able to communicate to begin with, let alone how Acchan was able to successfully free her from the spell.
herricklukJun 13, 2020 5:22 PM
Jun 13, 2020 5:20 PM

Sep 2012
That was some nonsense sentimental magic stuff.
Seems like there is nothing interesting in this series after all. Bakarina gimmick was funny few times, but well.
GaerledJun 13, 2020 5:29 PM
Jun 13, 2020 5:35 PM

Oct 2015
The beginning of the episode confused me so much, suddenly seeing Katarina's old life. Anyway, this episode was nice, very emotional seeing all worrying so much about Katarina and remembering the past.

I wonder if Sophia is now aware that Acchan reincarnated into her or is she more like an alter ego?
Jun 13, 2020 5:43 PM

May 2020
Loved this episode, I'm now waiting one week to see how Katarina deals with Drake and how this will end.
Jun 13, 2020 6:26 PM

Nov 2018
Klixella said:
I still can't believe this actually happened

That scene was out of this chapter... Because I never saw in the manga neither reading in the light novel...
Then I don't like taking advantage using stealing kiss to Katarina...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

192 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.