Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 3, 2020 7:52 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack, a mountain is full of mystery. It seems like they will fight with....

SyureriaJun 3, 2020 5:36 AM
May 3, 2020 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, that transformation...

As creepy as this episode, at least they found someone else that isn't just prone to killing or violence. Claire is also quite perspective, at least more than I had originally expected.
Stark700May 3, 2020 8:02 AM
May 3, 2020 8:00 AM
Nov 2010
Clair and Shuuichi are lucky to have found such a strong ally. This guy craves a challenge, and Clair and Shuuichi managed to defeat him and proved to him that they're worthy allies.
May 3, 2020 8:38 AM

Feb 2019
Been waiting all week for a new ep and more [Clair](https://imgur.com/a/0cJzfC7) :)

The alien’s story doesn’t add up at all. If he really had good intentions why would he have people fight over collecting his “friends” and getting wishes? Seems to me like this is one of those experiments for fun where another species just wants to observe how humans handle the situation.

This new dude seems like he’ll be a good addition to the team for now. Seems like a decent guy just without any real purpose in life other than fighting and proving his strength. Should be a big help going forward

Me whenever I see Clair on the screen: https://imgur.com/gallery/h8sD6D5

Another fun episode, kinda had some Darwin’s game flashbacks with the set up in this one. Hopefully we’ll recruit some more allies and find more answers next week. Have a great week y’all.
Marinate1016May 3, 2020 8:57 AM
May 3, 2020 8:57 AM
Dec 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Been waiting all week for a new ep :)

The alien’s story doesn’t add up at all. If he really had good intentions why would he have people fight over collecting his “friends” and getting wishes? Seems to me like this is one of those experiments for fun where another species just wants to observe how humans handle the situation.

This new dude seems like he’ll be a good addition to the team.

I think alien guy just doesn't care who will bring him those coins, everything else is irrelevant to him.
May 3, 2020 9:07 AM

Dec 2019
Shuichi shows that he can attack without Clair and the two of them create a strategy to defeat the opponent
The opponent shows he is looking for a challenge but since Clair and Shuichi outsmart him and prove they are powerful rivals themselves he decides to team up with them, and he explains he would risk his life for his new allies.

This episode was entertaining and accomplished that Clair is ready to locate her following victim for the next episode.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

May 3, 2020 9:23 AM
Jul 2019
So, the duo gains an ally.
May 3, 2020 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
The mission to find and gather the alien coins starts right here in this episode, for Shuichi and Claire, to gather information in this long journey that's like Darwin's Game in concept.

Even an emeny that's stronger than both combined is a danger, and Claire's negotiations help in dissenting the thoughts of others is another risk in itself.

To think of a martial arts alien, he's a strong one TBH, and easily one-shots lowlife scums. The best part, is that he joins both Shuichi and Claire's conquest to find coins, which sounds like a hard sell, but a well-earned one in hindsight gaining allies.

Finally, this content is what we're here to see this show in the flesh.
May 3, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
Shuichi and Claire got a new ally. The new guy just wants to prove his strength. The way he easily took down that hairy guy was insane.

May 3, 2020 9:53 AM

Feb 2020
Idk the first fight felt like typical shounen shlock lots of talking and not a lot of action on top of that the ‘enemy’ joined the team sorta expected it the way the fight was going felt way to shounen-y and where did Clair learn to fight like that with foresight to pre dodge attacks (not talking about the one where he did the weird stance and talked about his new move which is also shonen type shit) or is there something I’m missing still kinda enjoyed the ep outside of those things also thought this was Seinen genre sure doesn’t feel written to be one unless Clair being half naked 80% of the time classifies it as a more mature show with bad writing or maybe it’s just the director not doing it any justice
OneofEvilMay 3, 2020 11:23 AM

May 3, 2020 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
ok ngl Sanbe's monster thingy looked badass af. Hiroki Yasumoto providing that smooth af voice as well

but now are we going into Darwin's Game territory? Seems like this series wants to incorporate all the survival game tactics :P
May 3, 2020 10:13 AM

Oct 2017
Damn that Sanbe guy is one heck of a monster and his monster form looks cool af. Shuichi and Clair got a really strong ally.

The fanservice was great again and Clair was really sweet there at the end.
May 3, 2020 10:23 AM

Jul 2017
Weakest episode of the series for me so far, as the show continues to be really inconsistent for me personally in terms of quality and enjoyment. The new ally was okay but the episode and content itself bored me immensely. Not even much enjoyment from the main duo this time unlike last week.
May 3, 2020 10:28 AM

Dec 2019
I really hope this show doesn't go the same path as Darwin's Game, this episode was quite boring in my opinion and the new character was pretty meh.

Even the fight was boring to watch, too much unnecessary talking in my opinion.
May 3, 2020 10:29 AM

Aug 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Been waiting all week for a new ep and more [Clair](https://imgur.com/a/0cJzfC7) :)

This new dude seems like he’ll be a good addition to the team for now. Seems like a decent guy just without any real purpose in life other than fighting and proving his strength. Should be a big help going forward

Me whenever I see Clair on the screen: https://imgur.com/gallery/h8sD6D5

Another fun episode, kinda had some Darwin’s game flashbacks with the set up in this one. Hopefully we’ll recruit some more allies and find more answers next week. Have a great week y’all.
I'm thinking that the alien doesn't care. He just wants his friends, and he also just wants to see what'll happen, so he will help everyone, even the ones with bad intentions. It's like watching a bunch of ants in a cage. We're so much stronger, and we can fuck up a specific ant just because.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 3, 2020 10:31 AM

Jan 2011
episode 7 will be cool one depends on how much they cover per episode
May 3, 2020 10:32 AM

Feb 2018
This episode was great as well.
I got too hyped with the animation of ep 2, so I'm a little bit disappointed.
The show is very entertaining, though.
May 3, 2020 10:36 AM

May 2017
CrossBlack said:
I really hope this show doesn't go the same path as Darwin's Game, this episode was quite boring in my opinion and the new character was pretty meh.

Talking and strategizing makes things better, though. All action is simply boring.
May 3, 2020 10:49 AM

Dec 2019
ycleped said:
CrossBlack said:

Talking and strategizing makes things better, though. All action is simply boring.
The problem is that there was no strategy being talked. Just some predictable and bullshit talking.

I also dislike these type of characters that portray themselves as "evil" for the sake of evil and seem to have to explain everything they are thinking and then they turn friendly for whatever damn reason.
May 3, 2020 11:23 AM
Mar 2020
CrossBlack said:

I think the sound effects were pretty raw and good and the fight as akin to how a martial artist will fight in comparison to the mad girl in EP.2. If you have seen OPM S2 tournament or an actual UFC/MuayThai fight, you know what I mean. Much of the time goes by in assessing and feeling the opponent.
May 3, 2020 11:27 AM

May 2014
Awesome episode. That guy was really MANLY. Loved the intense atmosphere.

Let's hope the Ecchi applies to him as well ;)

May 3, 2020 11:33 AM

Dec 2017
This episode was good but it felt a bit meh compared to last episode, however seeing shuichi fight without the help of claire was cool. I think he should rely less on her tbh
May 3, 2020 11:36 AM

Oct 2010
Bad ass new ally lol.

Also sub error: "I didn't come her to gather"
May 3, 2020 11:47 AM
May 2017
The action scene in this episode compared to the one in episode two wasn’t as hype but it was still good. As someone who has read a good amount of the manga I found it interesting how the fight on episode two was longer on the anime adaptation than in the manga and was even better overall but in this episode the fight scene was exactly the same as the manga and didn’t add anything new to it like in episode 2, but this was still good. I am still very happy with how the anime is adapting the manga.
May 3, 2020 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
Another week, another episode of Clair's fanservice, nice. Seriously, I love Claire, fanservice included of course.

I'm glad Brock joined them, his transformation is pretty cool and he should be very helpful.
May 3, 2020 12:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sanbe looks like a very useful ally.

SkyLETV said:
Another week, another episode of Clair's fanservice, nice. Seriously, I love Claire, fanservice included of course.

Yeah, Claire is crazy, hawt and wrong in the best of all ways.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 3, 2020 12:07 PM
Jan 2017
What is both creepy and appealing about Shuuichi and Kurea's relationship is how physically and emotionally dependent they are on each other. In another series, their relationship would be labeled as toxic and poisonous, but in this show, Shuuichi and Kurea are constantly reminded how much they need each other to survive in this harsh world. It was only thanks to their teamwork (or however you wanna call it) that they survived and gained a new ally. Right now, Gleipnir is playing its cards right. The fights are good, the music is nice and the protagonists' relationships is one of the show's finer aspects. This was a good episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
May 3, 2020 12:40 PM
Mar 2015
You meet all kinds of monsters on the road
May 3, 2020 12:42 PM
Apr 2020
it seems like people are finally starting to take a liking to this show but how come it's still 6.9/10 ?
May 3, 2020 12:48 PM

Mar 2017
I don't really get his logic in joining Claire & Shuichi, but I'm glad Sanbe became part of the team because having that guy as an enemy would've sucked haha

There seemed to be an increase in the animation quality this episode; the character's movements and expressions seemed a lot smoother. I can't wait to see an all-out fight with that quality!
May 3, 2020 1:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great OST in this episode wow ! The new character is going to be interesting for the story, they need to search for more coins now.
May 3, 2020 1:19 PM

Nov 2016
New friend looking like he's straight out of Baki.

Was an exciting episode again, ngl, expected that gangmember at the end to pull off some nasty trick. Well, gotta see what his pals have to say and I hope megane girl from the beginning is still alright(seems unlikely), she's kinda hot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2020 1:21 PM

Mar 2019
Great episode, they met a new ally, he looks cool !
May 3, 2020 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
Good episode. I think they may actually be working in just a little bit of 'coming of age' at least with Shuichi.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 3, 2020 1:42 PM

Mar 2010
Didn't think they would win, but I guess the surprise of 2v1 gave them a bit of a surprise attack. Though I feel like that guy went easy on them.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 3, 2020 1:45 PM

Nov 2017
Nice to see mah gurl clair again but honestly I see her way too less only a few minutes every 7 days...

plz @ me
May 3, 2020 1:54 PM

Jun 2017
Blade dude is a cool addition to the team. His design is sick.
May 3, 2020 2:18 PM

Apr 2015
When that creepy ass face came from behind that tree, I honestly thought they had some Titans run wild in this Anime as well XD

Pretty good episode, so far the weakest episode, but definitely a build up for what's to come! Atleast they managed to get an ally from their first encounter in the mountains!
May 3, 2020 2:22 PM

Apr 2019
Claire looks cute when she is blushing.
May 3, 2020 2:36 PM

May 2016
Another day another Clair fan service. We are truly blessed.
May 3, 2020 3:17 PM

Jan 2020
So the dude was just cut like butter? for some reason I was expecting healing factor or some shit
May 3, 2020 3:55 PM
Nov 2019
OK - so were still on track to adapt 1 volume into 2 Episodes.

This covered Volume 3 up to page 87.

Next episode is going to be good provided they don't censor it too much....
May 3, 2020 4:27 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Alright, so things are going according to plan. As I figured they got someone to fight along with, which makes perfect sense. They already know fighting against the sister on their own would be a pain if not impossible soo.. good on them. Clearly there's a bunch of people whore out to hunt so they're gonna end up fighting more people.

Especially the gang when they figure out that one of their members was sliced in half. Situation doesn't bode well for that girl who I swear looked like female MC in the opening minutes of the episode. With all the hints of the gang no way she'd have defeated the boss.

There was also the fighting this episode. The fight scenes were good. It didn't have the raw impact of the second episode, that one was best fight of the season. But this fight isn't that bad, just a little bit underwhelming in comparison.

It's good to see though that the MC wasn't given plot armor. Only reason the duo won in the moment was through a backhanded maneuver. If they hadn't tricked him, the dude could have beat them even with their gun.
Twintail_DaemonMay 3, 2020 4:35 PM
May 3, 2020 5:58 PM

Aug 2018
This dude sounds like a Jojo character I love him so much, I could predict his lines because of how cliche he is, especially the "kill me" just after he lost, but still he's the archetype I have the less problem with, the "I don't care for your shit plot, I just wan't to flex my powers on strong people" badass man.
He also has the most edgy design I've ever seen it's hilarious, literally death lord skin lv80.

Not enough ecchi for Claire for this ep also the intro was pointless but meh still entertaining.
May 3, 2020 6:25 PM

Mar 2020
This felt like Darwin's game but somehow even worse
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 3, 2020 6:47 PM
Oct 2017
It feels oddly refreshing knowing that when you cut someone in half they actually die instead of coming back in 3 more forms, but the show is infinitely more interesting than darwin's game, albeit a tad ridiculous for worldbuilding.
Sword dude's "martial art" was incredibly underwhelming tho.
May 3, 2020 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
episode was pretty funny i don't hate characters even if their dumb with goals to only fight strong people

big fails on the dude that got sliced not only did he leave the sound on when he was sneaking those shots he then jumps out and goes i gotcha you guys you're all fucked with next to no plan after that lol

looks like every character in this gang has the super gross rapey tongue licking going on they can full stop with that but at least it makes it easier when they die if their just low scum so yey?
May 4, 2020 12:04 AM
Nov 2019
I smell a battle royale brewing
May 4, 2020 12:50 AM

Aug 2018
This was interesting

At least we know that if characters hit or get attack they may actually die so theres risk on this.

Even they are weaker they outsmarted the enemy
B O C C H I  S W E E P
May 4, 2020 1:38 AM
May 2017
BlufaceBaby said:
This felt like Darwin's game but somehow even worse
Even worst than Darwin’s game you say? Are you watching the same show that I am? Sorry dude but you are insane for thinking that. This was great.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.