Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 2, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I must say, this side of Hayasaka is quite cute and amusing to watch. It may just be acting but she's really going all in with her plan to get Shirogane. That hair style is adorable as hell.

Too bad it's still her loss. RIP. Very glad to see Miko Iino show up this episode! Definitely someone to watch out for at school with that personality of hers.
Stark700May 2, 2020 7:51 AM
May 2, 2020 7:45 AM

Feb 2018
Hayasaka looked very upset after hearing Shirogane's statement. Looks like Kaguya is stalking them, lol.

SyureriaJun 3, 2020 5:22 AM
May 2, 2020 8:01 AM

Jul 2014
Man you guys post even before the show actually ends lol.
Anyways this is by far my personal favorite ep, the chapters adapted were some of my faves especially the middle one, I remember reading that back then and find it the most adorable ch yet. Also the fact that 2 of my favorite charas in it, 1st part having a Hayasaka focus one and the 2nd part having my best girl Maki in it! I swear this is one of em anime that hightens the exp for manga readers, they are adapting this so freaking well and adding some fun shit, one that stood out was Kaguya and Miyuki literally running away like crazy at the 2nd part, manga didnt have that iirc, and those added Hayasaka and Kaguya reactions throughout the ep.
May 2, 2020 8:25 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Iino Miko arrives. Really loved the episode.

AotY for me.

Edit: During the ED, Iino Miko now shows her face which she didn't use to before this episode.
6/5
cchiguMay 2, 2020 10:57 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 2, 2020 8:30 AM

Apr 2015
My favorite episode from the series to date, really funny, especially the second part of the episode with the false confession and the many character teases.

Iino makes her debut this episode, alongside Osaragi. Iino has the perfect VA, it fits her well, Osaragi on the other hand, I always pictured a deeper voice or something.

5/5
MxxxstationMay 2, 2020 10:36 AM
May 2, 2020 8:47 AM

Feb 2018
I just wanna know!! Every week's thread has "My favourite episode till now!!". So what is happening,🤯🙄🤔!!
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
May 2, 2020 8:53 AM

Jul 2014
shubh_jain_2 said:
I just wanna know!! Every week's thread has "My favourite episode till now!!". So what is happening,🤯🙄🤔!!
Simply means each passing ep just gets better and better.
May 2, 2020 9:03 AM

Feb 2018
-Stray said:
shubh_jain_2 said:
Simply means each passing ep just gets better and better.

Well it's gonna continue till the end!!😂
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
May 2, 2020 9:07 AM

Feb 2019
-Stray said:
Anyways this is by far my personal favorite ep, the chapters adapted were some of my faves especially the middle one, I remember reading that back then and find it the most adorable ch yet. Also the fact that 2 of my favorite charas in it, 1st part having a Hayasaka focus one and the 2nd part having my best girl Maki in it! I swear this is one of em anime that hightens the exp for manga readers, they are adapting this so freaking well and adding some fun shit, one that stood out was Kaguya and Miyuki literally running away like crazy at the 2nd part, manga didnt have that iirc, and those added Hayasaka and Kaguya reactions throughout the ep.

Yep. OP posts for every anime of the season before the episode actually airs. Idk what the obsession is.
May 2, 2020 9:11 AM

Feb 2019
Look man, Hayasaka got me about to act up: https://imgur.com/a/DBDcQ65

Been saying she was best girl for years now. She really put the pressure on Kaguya this episode lol. “You could keep me as a side piece” 😂

Love how the entire school set up camp, school tube news reporting, line chats etc just for Shirogane wanting to ask Kaguya a question outside lmaooo

First half was dominated by Hayasaka, but second half we get Miko who is going to be another character I really like. She had a great introduction. Can’t wait to see more of her

hilarious episode from start to finish. Went by in a breeze. Enjoying this one a lot more than season 1. Jokes seem to be consistently hitting. Can’t wait for next week
Marinate1016May 2, 2020 9:32 AM
May 2, 2020 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

Hayasaka went all out in trying to seduce Miyuki, she was genuinely depressed she couldn't win at the end. Hah. Miyuki only has eyes for Kaguya. <3

The second part was so adorable, to be honest I was really hoping Miyuki would actually confess to Kaguya especially when he began thinking along the lines of it would be alright if he did, too bad his pride got the better of him at the end. Kaguya being all flustered was so cute. <3

I loved Miyuki and Ishigami's reaction to Miko saying Chika should be the vice president. That was hilarious. Iino seems like an interesting character so I'm looking forward to see what she'll do.

May 2, 2020 9:43 AM

Feb 2018
I really hate the ino election arc, it’s by far my least favorite arc in the manga.
May 2, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
Hayasaka went all out to seduce Shirogane. Too bad she failed at the end. Though I have to say, she was really cute.

We have a new character introduced, Iino Miko. A rival for Shirogane.

May 2, 2020 9:49 AM

Oct 2018
Really missing the how cutes
May 2, 2020 9:52 AM

Sep 2013
1Kyo said:
Fujiwara playing Chopin's revolutionary etude in a 4th grade competition? Not bad lol

Damn is it just me or is this season wayyy better than the first one? These four episodes were fire. Maybe it's because I marathoned season 1 and am watching season 2 weekly, but usually I enjoy a series more when I marathon it.

Looking forward to that election arc!

Not just you. This season is definitely better. And trust me, it should be getting much better by the end of it.
May 2, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2016
She definitely didn't say easily, but Hayasaka has a point, Kaguya's game sucks and at least she knows how to weaponize the charm of a women, even tho it was to no avail. Lol, loved the sparks between the two.

Shirogane in a predicament had me dying.

And damn, didn't know Miko was a Chika fan. What a cultured girl, I approve.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2020 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
When you have someone AS desperate as Kaguya (but still fails badly at the love game), and being the assistant and housemaid to this preposterous girl, Hayasaka has a duty to fulfill, and no challenge is too far for her: the challenge to seduce Shirogane (albeit one day is not enough, HEH).

And whaddya know, the same as last episode, Shirogane's denseness doesn't help, but his inept knowledge is the constant love trigger. But his confession, whilst opens the path, casts a shadow of doubt (HEH).

Alas, Shinomiya and Shirogane's secret may be (slightly) out, but as always, a rumour of the romance, internal hot school news kind. And Chika, she ALWAYS tries to steal his thunder to the absolute insanity degree, so much so that it's hilarious.

As much as the formation of the new student council is underway, grim reaper Ishigami has spotted the outlier: freshman Miko Iino, FINALLY about time she's got her introduction! So much for making "the school great again" Donald Trump style, and winning "the maestro" Chika over would be a VERY, VERY BIG disaster.

Oh well, challenge is on??? Lovely episode, how cute and fantastic as usual.
May 2, 2020 10:00 AM

Jul 2015
LOL @ campaign flier. Enforced hair styles and skirt sizes for students. Fujiwara should have look at Iino's promises before betraying Shirogane.

AdrianRubinskyMay 2, 2020 10:07 AM
May 2, 2020 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Hayasaka the goat, she really can do anything XD. She was so adorable with this persona.

Here comes Miko Ino, as if Fujiwara wasn't annoying enough.
May 2, 2020 10:05 AM
Jul 2019
I love the low key puns, emphasis, and references everybody’s name has. “iino miko” basically means the good shrine maiden or from a Western perspective it’s like literally naming your child “goodie two shoes” lol
May 2, 2020 10:08 AM

Sep 2018
It looks like Hayasaka is finally important.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
May 2, 2020 10:10 AM
Nov 2018
we got a lot of hayasaka screen time today!! can't wait for the next episode! electing president!
May 2, 2020 10:11 AM

Oct 2010
Hayasaka is amazing

Iino Miko is adorable

Did the flyer say anything relevant to the scene? I felt like I was missing the joke because Aniplex didn't sub the flyer
May 2, 2020 10:14 AM

Jan 2017
Aaaaaaa it's here!! Very good episode, a Hayasaka-centered episode, one of my favorite chapter got animated, and Iino debuts in the anime! Really happy to see one of my favorite panel get animated (when Kaguya leans towards Miyuki and accepts the speech offer).

6/5 Very good, I was fed well.
May 2, 2020 10:15 AM

Nov 2018
Hasayaka is in my top-3 of favourite anime INFJ characters now.

I don't know how long will this arc last, but all these 4 episodes were great.It's kinda predictable that Shirogane wins and this activist girl will still work in student council.I am not familliar with manga and first thought she will be a kind of love rival to Kaguya, but it looks like she will most likely be a comic relief cutie character.
I hate everyone equally
May 2, 2020 10:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
deaf_amish_guy said:
I love the low key puns, emphasis, and references everybody’s name has. “iino miko” basically means the good shrine maiden or from a Western perspective it’s like literally naming your child “goodie two shoes” lol

Thank you for that input. Even as someone who started reading this manga from the start, I did not know this little pearl of wisdom. So incredibly fitting for her. That said, I had forgotten how incredibly annoying and cringe inducing she was when she was introduced.

They did a smashing job with that scene where half the school seems they're confessing. This is so well directed.

Hayasaka, dear Hayasaka, seeing her go out trying to seduce the Prez' was Kaguya squirming was so finely animated. Only sad thing was seeing Hayasaca

FarabeufMay 2, 2020 10:36 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 2, 2020 10:16 AM
Mar 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
I really hate the ino election arc, it’s by far my least favorite arc in the manga.
why tho? not mad or anything just curious.
May 2, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2015
Iino's finally here! I waited for this since the 2nd season was announced. The hilariousness of this anime is gonna go up once more.
May 2, 2020 10:21 AM
Jun 2015
Kougeru said:
Hayasaka is amazing

Did the flyer say anything relevant to the scene? I felt like I was missing the joke because Aniplex didn't sub the flyer

Going by the manga translations:

1. Boys have to have crew cuts. Girls have to have braided pigtails and wear longer skirts.

2. No cell phones on campus.

3. Weekly bag checks.

4. Boys and girls can't come within 50cm of each other.
May 2, 2020 10:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fantastic episode, like the usual services from this show really.

Hayasaka dominated first half, how often have we gotten that thus far? Definitely felt like a rare but delightful treat nonetheless. It's amazing how she managed to stir up a few things between Shirogane and Shinomiya all by herself, I suppose that's Hayasaka in full glory for you. And I see her research is on-point too, lol. Damn, that smooth other version back in school though.

Kaguya really messed up in the pre-Op events there, but it's a good thing that Shirogane unintentionally managed to keep that safe and sound. I'm amazed that Kaguya actually stood for three hours like that while Hayasaka was fake-sleeping though, that takes dedication xD.

And finally, Iino Miko in the second half. First minute in, and I know she'll make for a great side character. Idolising Fujiwara though, she'll be in for a treat if she happens to somehow win I guess. Quite the bold assistant she's got too. I'm curious to see how the election will play out. I doubt the bad display and unreasonable conditions of the fliers will seal the deal just yet after all.

And we got as close to a confession as ever in the series but of course it would like that. I totally wasn't expecting anything there, lol. Seriously though, that was some pressure. Even the underground system was on the move, lmao. Fujiwara making things worse there midway, yikes couldn't help but let out a loud snort.
_MushiRock11_May 2, 2020 10:41 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 2, 2020 10:24 AM

Feb 2020
Kougeru said:
Hayasaka is amazing

Iino Miko is adorable

Basically Iino's campaign pledge (reading this from the manga translation now):
1. Crew cuts for boys, pigtails and or braids for girls. Minimum skirt length of 10cm below knees. No decorative accessories.
2. No mobile phones allowed in the school.
3. Bags shall be inspected on a weekly basis.
4. Boys and girls shall not come within a distance of 50cm of each other.

So yeah, she's pretty by the book lol.

OrangeJuicelolMay 2, 2020 10:28 AM
May 2, 2020 10:26 AM

Jan 2009
What I find particularly remarkable about this anime adaption is that it's a treasure chest for those extreme fans (like me) who have read the manga 10+ times. Take Shokugeki no Souma for example, a show which I really really liked, but which I found almost tedious to follow in anime form (since it was a near 100% conversion down to the frames). Kaguya-sama S2 on the other hand is totally amazing, I can't wait to watch each episode, and then I want to rewatch it once more to make sure I don't miss any little details.

Example: After being frustrated in the earlier episode, Hayasaka's evil-eyed face when she was calling out Shinomiya in the most publicity-inducing way (clearly getting her back for the first third) nearly made me spray the monitor with soda.

Such an awesome awesome conversion. It's clear that those folks working on it aren't merely very talented pros, they are having a blast themselves.
May 2, 2020 10:27 AM

May 2018
So many best girl. Hayasaka did it again. Aww,she's cry. Every episode is CONSISTENTLY good. This is what make this anime so awesome.
May 2, 2020 10:28 AM
Oct 2016
Getting into the election arc!! Finally got properly meet Iino this episode after being teased a few times before now. Loved the last skit the most of course since it introduced her, Iino is sharp as a tack facing off against Miyuki undaunted. Taking on the complacent student council king. Seeing both Miyuki and Ishigami take her on was great. The boys feeling a bit threatened by this challenge huh, really went on the offensive. Loved how Iino completely flipped them on their heads by suggesting she'd maker Chika her vice president. They didn't quite see that coming. Chika getting all gooey when she's praised. Iino might be straight forward to a fault like Ishigami said but seeing her in the anime was awesome. I loved it, cannot wait to see her later moments animated this season.

The other two skits beforehand were good too. Hayasaka showing how badass she is going after Miyuki so aggressively and to great effect. Despite her not really wanting to do it but Kaguya sort of twisting her arm. If only she had a month not a day! Hayasaka getting some great screen time. Then with Miyuki worried for his campaign even before meeting Iino with him going to ask Kaguya to run his speeches. Hilarious seeing the whole school get in a frenzy about him May be confessing to her. They're just as invested as we are.
May 2, 2020 10:37 AM

Mar 2010
Damn what Rollercoaster. Loved seeing everyone gather around to see Shirogane confess xD
Hayasaka was such a beautiful blond, where is my blond beauty? ;c

And yet again nice to see some rivalry for the president spot.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 2, 2020 10:39 AM
Feb 2020
Hayasaka's ver. 2 was really cute. Plus she builds PCs in her spare time?! No wonder why shes best girl. Her VA does a cute voice very well too.

Looking forward as well on how the election arc will play out. Fujiwara playing the piano in 4th grade gave me mad Your Lie in April flashbacks tho.
May 2, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
Just amazing! Hayasaka's transformation, so cute! And that challenge from Kaguya, that reiatsu from Hayasaka =/ Also admitting her defeat, so cute!

The fake confession part, hilarious and expected ... Also Maki =(

Cute Miko Iino is finally here! Love her idealizing Fujiwara ... Can't wait for the actual election!
May 2, 2020 10:49 AM

May 2018

C'mon Kaguya confess to Shriogane already.
May 2, 2020 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
Okay, so since Aniplex is terrible at translating and typesetting, they didn't translate Iino's poster. In the manga, it's translated as follows:

Campaign Promise: I, Miko Iiino, pledge to enforce the following rules to maintain a wholesome and healthy student body and to make Shuchiin a better place.

Boys: Shaved heads; Girls: Pigtails or braids - Skirt length must be four inches below the knee. Useless accessories will be prohibited.

No cell phones at school.

Your belongings will be inspected once a week.

Students of the opposite sex will be prohibited from getting closer than 20 inches of each other.

May 2, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2018
Hayasaka best girl
May 2, 2020 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
why shirogane get demoted?
removed-userMay 2, 2020 11:18 AM
May 2, 2020 11:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the student council elections are finally here. Though besides their work Kaguya and Shirogane sure have few things to talk about. Kaguya's little tantrum sure did well in putting Hayasaka into the limelight. Going on the offence from the get go sure is just like her. Against her smile not even Shirogane can't maintain his usual perception it seems. The reaction of the schools social network regarding potential changes to Kaguya and Shirogane's relationship though sure was amusing. Chika's little intervention sure made things that much more complex. Hmm Miko is the very image of a honor student. Even though she's just a freshman her words and the conviction behind them really puts Shirogane to shame. Overall an excellent ep that did well in showing how deadly Hayasaka can be when she goes about a task. Her ever changing persona's were a joy to see. Miko though looks to be an interesting rival for Shirogane given her records so far and im curious to see how the elections will play out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2020 11:06 AM
Jun 2017
Best episode yet. That Monogatari reference was so well done.. We got to see Hayasaka act like a complete treasure and we also got jealous kaguya to top it all off.
May 2, 2020 11:06 AM

Aug 2018
The voices for Miko and Osaragi are from what I thought they would be.
10/10 Episode still
Can't wait for next week
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
May 2, 2020 11:07 AM
Feb 2020
For a second I felt I was watching "your lie in april"
This side of hayasaka really looks adorable
Really love this show!
May 2, 2020 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I must say, this side of Hayasaka is quite cute and amusing to watch. It may just be acting but she's really going all in with her plan to get Shirogane. That hair style is adorable as hell.

Too bad it's still her loss. RIP. Very glad to see Miko Iino show up this episode! Definitely someone to watch out for at school with that personality of hers.

ANNNNNNNDDDD........confirmed! Hayasaka's officially my best girl from this show. Hands down. No replacement. I know there's Kaguya with her amazing voice changes. I know there's that new character Miko, but still.
May 2, 2020 11:10 AM

Aug 2018
TheOnlyGbE said:

Looking forward as well on how the election arc will play out. Fujiwara playing the piano in 4th grade gave me mad Your Lie in April flashbacks tho.

Trust me the anime will only get better from the election arc
The wait for the next episode is the only thing that makes these weeks feel long

"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
May 2, 2020 11:12 AM

Jan 2017
Iino is finally here bois. Damn, they're really adapting this show so well, might even be better than the original source, which was already gold. Each and every week, the episodes just get better and better.

Also, did anybody notice the monogatari reference? The scene with miyuki and chika having a conversation about campaign speeches?
May 2, 2020 11:16 AM

Feb 2018
-Stray said:
It was halfway through and I posted when they were taking a break. typing and posting pictures takes some time, so I thought it covered the final minutes.

Whatever the reason is, as long as I get the material to create a discussion forum, that is enough for me.
SyureriaMay 2, 2020 11:27 AM
May 2, 2020 11:20 AM
Sep 2018
Great episode as always and it keeps getting better even for a manga reader like me.

Btw, those eye shots throughout the episode was the most SHAFT thing I've ever seen in Kaguya-sama
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

260 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 15, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.