Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2020 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Catarina and her inner thinking court continues!

I gotta give her credit for trying to prevent a bad end flag though. And of course, given her experience with otome games, she knows that Maria Campbell is an important character in the franchise.

This show's satricial humor never ceases to amuse me. I do also kinda like the suspenseful atmosphere they added to the episode.
Apr 25, 2020 9:54 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
The show has really begun.
Apr 25, 2020 10:36 AM

Feb 2019
Another Saturday means more Bakarina. Don’t know what I’d do if this one got postponed

“Don’t lift up your skirt and eat food off the floor” lol 😂

We’re entering the Magic academy and finally beginning the game. I really like Bakarina’s new design a lot. She’s really pretty

“Why did you come with her?” Keith’s cockblocking skills are top notch

Uh oh so we finally meet the heroine of the game, this will be fun. Sounds like she’s got ayase and shinobu’s seiyuu too, so I like her already

Well the don’t eat food off the ground advice came into play with the Maria bullying scene. Also set up the best ship, how lewd: https://imgur.com/a/QpR7BXB

Another great episode. Unpopular opinion but I find this funnier than Kaguya sama. They’re two different styles of humour and this one lands with me a lot more than the rom com type in Kaguya. Can’t wait for next week
Marinate1016Apr 25, 2020 10:59 AM
Apr 25, 2020 11:05 AM

May 2014
Honestly I thought that were going at a breakneck speed at the beginning of the episode (they even skipped "my favorite hoe"!), but they slowed down considerably midway to flesh out more stuff, which was nice. Especially like how they included the LN scene with Alan, showing how much he changed.

They finally mentioned everyone's magical elements, which was great! I don't even remember the LN mentioning Mary and Sophia's magical elements (although I am only on the 6th one atm).

Kinda hope they'll include the LN moment that happens after the muffin incident where
Apr 25, 2020 11:07 AM
Apr 2015
Bakarina just stole another flag, it’s so rare to find something this enjoyable even after reading ahead! Plus Catarina’s VA is hilarious!
Apr 25, 2020 11:10 AM

Mar 2015
Catarina is so dense, like what the fuck, she can't see what is in front of her, this makes me laugh so much.

Everyone is in love with you girl, there's no way for you to die, what most likely can happen is that they kill each other fighting for you.
Apr 25, 2020 11:10 AM

Aug 2015
Uhhhh, how did she score 80th place when there's only 56 names on the board?

Apr 25, 2020 11:15 AM
Oct 2016
Catarina truly becoming the harem queen taking all these romantic events from the guys. Mary is already wanting to take care of Catarina night and day now Maria will become enthralled. Great episode of course, Catarina gets in her own way a lot I'm seeing. When she was freaking out over possibly getting the bad ending but both Geordo and Keith were talking about how much they love her. Later too when she confronted Keith about being in love with Maria because of his red faced reaction but it's really about her. Bakarina fits so well as a moniker for this girl. She's a doofus but a sweet doofus. Loved the moment when she defended Maria from the bullies and eat the sweets grass ridden or not! She loves sweets! Maria is always a sweetheart herself adding to the cast of great characters.
Apr 25, 2020 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
Bakarina denseness sucked the main character already. There is no hope for anyone.

Apr 25, 2020 11:23 AM
Sep 2015
I'm enjoying this more than another anime that has the same name as Princess from the moon.
Apr 25, 2020 11:25 AM

Mar 2018
Catarina, the girl that steals all of the romance flags and all characters admiring/falling in love with Catarina, add some denseness to that and you have a lovely character! I doubt she would have to worry about dying at this point...

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 25, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
I'm still failing to understand the appeal of this show. Even with my brain completely turned off, it's still really damn unfunny for me, but it's even got my roommate chuckling a bit. Shame I'm stuck with seeing this with her cause I'd have dropped this in a heartbeat otherwise.
Apr 25, 2020 11:35 AM

Mar 2010
Grow that harem. Best strategy.. Grow a farm!! Though I feel uneasy, I still think she will be killed off or exiled. A harem is good and all until one takes jealousy too far.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 25, 2020 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
Catarina's rival appears. Though I don't think Catarina needs to worry due to her stealing all the flags XD.

Apr 25, 2020 11:39 AM

Jan 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if the twist at the end is that Catarina gets Maria in some secret Yuri romance type of deal lol.

It just seems fitting with how this episode went, as if Catarina is replacing people in those events to make a connection.
Apr 25, 2020 11:41 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! It's amazing how this keeps getting better by the week!

Finally, it's time for the true game. I feel like something is about to come because things have clearly been going a little too well. She has clearly stolen all of the routes (and more) and it seems like Maria-chan might be joining that list too, xD.

Katarina's assault on Keith though. My condolences lad.

Going on to eat up all the pancakes from the ground and being absolutely clueless to the Start brothers moves, that's Bakarina in full glory for you lol. Growing a farm as backup plan though, that's hilarious on so many levels...

Sunday mornings are just the best!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 25, 2020 11:57 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the game officially starts with Bakarina entering the magic school and the main heroine of the game appears. At first it look like Bakarina's harem was falling apart when the Maria met Geordo and Keith, but Bakarina stole those death flags before the romance can materialize. It seems Maria is going to join Bakarina's reverse harem after saving her from being bullied.

I don't think the harem is going to last because there is some tension between Geordo and Keith.
Apr 25, 2020 12:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Maria is cute to be honest, it's going to be good I hope
Apr 25, 2020 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
finally the game starts...hmmm like am thrilled
Apr 25, 2020 12:38 PM

Feb 2020
A lot better I definitely like the new and improved older Catarina

Mustache council Catarina for world leader

Apr 25, 2020 12:44 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The time has come for Katarina and her bro to enter the academy huh. Her mother's words though lol. Now to see whether Katarina's safeguards had the desired effect on her potential suitors. Looks like the main heroine already had her first meeting with Geardo. Keith's reaction to the action of hitting on girls though was amusing. While the environment is different its nice that Katarina and her friend's first day went well. The analysis on Maria though was fun. Looks like Alan managed to mature quite a bit during the timeskip. As expected Maria's certainly an angel. Kudo's to Kat for turning her little blurt into an advantage that managed to forge a bond between her and Maria. Its sad that Maria had to contend with bullies within the academy though. An excellent ep as always that while doing well in showing Katarina's first days at the academy also did well to introduce the main heroine Maria as well. Now that the academy arc is in full swing can't wait to see how events will change as a result of her actions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2020 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
Hayamin!!!

Well, I already have my girl to root for and honestly, Katarina x Maria is the pair that makes the most sense.

And speaking of Katarina, holy shit that girl is dense af!
Apr 25, 2020 1:09 PM
Mar 2020
it seems as though katarina is becoming a bit dense-

still enjoyed it very much though!
Apr 25, 2020 1:24 PM

Apr 2018
coreynj said:
Uhhhh, how did she score 80th place when there's only 56 names on the board?

Maybe the only show the best 56 students so not to shame the others. XD
Apr 25, 2020 1:24 PM

Nov 2016
That was a pretty awkward moment at the end xD but Katarina did well in protecting Maria and getting ahead of the competition.

Aside from the comedy, I'm pleasantly surprised how interested I'm in the development of the relationship dynamics.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2020 1:30 PM

Feb 2007
Full harem unlocked. :D

She really is creating more trouble for herself than necessary, though, due to assuming she'd still end up doomed in Maria's happy endings despite all the changes that have already happened. Clearly this would no longer be the case, especially after friending her as well.
Apr 25, 2020 1:32 PM
Sep 2018
i can't understand why i like this anime so much
Apr 25, 2020 2:01 PM

Nov 2013
Wonder if MC will get exiled because horny prince never manages to trick her into his bed lol, or perhaps HE'S the one who'll get the short end of the stick in the end lol (since he won't be getting some of Maria as well!)
Apr 25, 2020 2:14 PM
Jun 2013
animejas said:
I'm still failing to understand the appeal of this show. Even with my brain completely turned off, it's still really damn unfunny for me, but it's even got my roommate chuckling a bit. Shame I'm stuck with seeing this with her cause I'd have dropped this in a heartbeat otherwise.

Seems like you're more dense than Bakarina, because the appeal is so obvious you should at least get why people are enjoying it so much despite not liking
Apr 25, 2020 2:15 PM

Oct 2018
This episode was so good, enjoyed it a lot :D
Apr 25, 2020 2:15 PM

Aug 2019
CHAD-ette BAKARINA FTW !!!

Goddamn this show is so much fun. All the characters are likeable so far especially Keith. His overprotectiveness over Katarina and meddling between her and Gerald is very fun to watch
Alan's tsundere moment was remarkable too. Runner up for best boy after Keith.

Katarina is adorable she gives off that loveable idiot vibe, I love how she's so lost in thought overthinking everything to the point that she doesn't notice everyone else fawning over her.
There's also moments when you can see the disconnect in her character, as if she refers to Katarina as another person because she still retains her original memories.

It's also nice that the kindness she shows others is a spur of the moment thing and not a fake act because she knows the possible outcomes of the game.
It's also great to see that she still maintains villainous traits despite being closer to being the MC now XD

So Katarina thinks Maria is cute, that's a nice hint that proves there is potential for the yuri ships to sail as well! (before this she didn't show any sign of being interested in girls beyong friendship)

I wonder if they'll ever get tired of her obliviousness and decide to move on XD
kanserousApr 25, 2020 4:25 PM
Apr 25, 2020 2:16 PM

Jul 2017
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

Seems like you're more dense than Bakarina, because the appeal is so obvious you should at least get why people are enjoying it so much despite not liking

I won't deny that. I've generally been a bit dense with times like these, but it doesn't change that I still don't get whats fun about this. The guys and even the MC isn't fun for me, and the jokes don't hit so I'm still somewhat searching.

Apr 25, 2020 2:18 PM

May 2016
Ok but can we talk about how the student council president's name is "Sirius Dieke"
Apr 25, 2020 2:22 PM
Jun 2015
Personally, I only have one complaint...

Apr 25, 2020 2:24 PM
Mar 2020
not to be dramatic but i'd die for everyone in this show lol
i feel like even with how fast the first few episodes went you can really tell what each character is about
I'll probably start the manga after this finishes airing because i am hooked
Apr 25, 2020 2:24 PM
Mar 2020
not to be dramatic but i'd die for everyone in this show lol
i feel like even with how fast the first few episodes went you can really tell what each character is about
I'll probably start the manga after this finishes airing because i am hooked
Apr 25, 2020 2:40 PM

Aug 2019
animejas said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

I won't deny that. I've generally been a bit dense with times like these, but it doesn't change that I still don't get whats fun about this. The guys and even the MC isn't fun for me, and the jokes don't hit so I'm still somewhat searching.

The writing is solid so far but I understand the enjoyment is subjective, depends on whether or not you like the characters or enjoy reverse harem in general (I usually watch harem not reverse harem but for some reason this turned out much more enjoyable than I expected, kind of like a guilty pleasure). It might just not be for you but that doesn't mean it's not a good show in essence.
Apr 25, 2020 2:55 PM
Aug 2017
Even the heroine becomes another capture target when Bakarina is involved.
None can stop her.
Apr 25, 2020 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Apr 25, 2020 3:08 PM

Mar 2019
Catarina not only stealing all the guys but the girls too, one more step toward World Dominance!
Apr 25, 2020 3:27 PM

Oct 2010
Marinate1016 said:
Another Saturday means more Bakarina. Don’t know what I’d do if this one got postponed

No need to worry about that. This is one of the few anime where they finished production before a single episode even aired. That's why the quality is very consistent, too.

||||

Absolutely loving this show more and more every week. The harem ending is already in sight and it being an accident makes it so much better
Apr 25, 2020 3:37 PM

May 2015
God I love this series! This is the Bofuri of this season for me. Just an adorably wholesome series that I can throughly enjoy.

I surprisingly really like the brother and the brother of the blond prince. Normally dont like male characters that much but they're great.

I cant wait for the yuri harem to be complete. The main heroine and main girl are so cute together. I love it when she does something genuinely nice and the characters are really surprised that someone is nice to them. Like with what happened with that white haired one. Hope she keeps defending that heroine and make her fall in love with her more lol.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 25, 2020 3:56 PM
Feb 2018
Probably the anime that is the most fun this season to follow, yes even more than kaguya sama season 2 as even though i find it pretty good, it is a ted overrated.
This one for now at least is just so fun to follow.

I'm just afraid that after we get done with all introductions of characters that the anime starts feeling a ted redundant and repetitive.
Apr 25, 2020 4:05 PM

Oct 2017
damn, i don't have to suspend my disbelief that the protagonist has a massive harem because she's a genuinely likable and kind person, who would've thought?
Apr 25, 2020 4:10 PM

May 2019
And now the heroine also fell for her lololol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 25, 2020 4:51 PM

Mar 2019
I'm really loving this show.

Catarina is so dense, she doesn't even realize that she changed the game already and they all have fallen for her.
Maria is cute, I wonder how she will affect Catarina.
Apr 25, 2020 5:01 PM

Aug 2016
I cant believe Im actually enjoying an anime series about a girl cockblocking everybody.
:v
Apr 25, 2020 5:24 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
oh man, the opening is wonderful like last week. I think I'm hearing Beethoven anime ver. lmao
Apr 25, 2020 5:39 PM

Jun 2015
+1 Harem... aaannnddd she keeps on stealing flags from the main heroes.

Now we know that those "antagonist" events will keep popping up regardless of how Katarina turns her character to a good person.
YosepRAApr 26, 2020 4:18 AM
Apr 25, 2020 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
Oh hi miyuki shiba.

The unavoidable pull that is bakarina continues to pull everyone in, not even the maiden of light can resist, though luckily the denseness of bakarina is still that of a singularity.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

192 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.