Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Roomie Is a Dino
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2020 10:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The weirdness is again really entertaining and I don't even know why xD
Apr 18, 2020 11:32 AM

Jan 2008
I expected Aoi Shouta to pop up somewhere but instead we got a new character at the end.

You can see people wearing masks during the part at Ameyoko market in Ueno lol The coronavirus kind of made its way into this show.
Apr 18, 2020 11:34 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i have a strong feeling theyre just walking around filming and many of the reactions are genuine from by-passers who are like wtf? XD

matteas said:

You can see people wearing masks during the part at Ameyoko market in Ueno lol The coronavirus kind of made its way into this show.

well people already walk around in masks for whatever sickness, but yea thats alot more than normal, so definitely
Apr 18, 2020 11:42 AM
Jun 2017
The live action segment has me totally intrigued. The animated parts are wholesome. Why am I even watching this? Well it is enjoyable, so I guess I'll keep watching
Apr 18, 2020 12:35 PM

Feb 2019
Animation at dinosaur's imagination was cool
Apr 18, 2020 12:52 PM

Aug 2015
Sakuta34_12 said:

It was a reference to Makoto Shinkai movies
Apr 18, 2020 1:01 PM

Jan 2008
Sakuta34_12 said:

It's funny that the most detailed animation is what the dinosaur imagines in his head.
Apr 18, 2020 1:09 PM

Jun 2019
I wonder if the guy with the "No Photo" sign is the one who showed up at the end?
Apr 18, 2020 2:45 PM

Mar 2007
This show is so chill. I love it.

matteas said:
I expected Aoi Shouta to pop up somewhere but instead we got a new character at the end.

Wearing masks has always been common in Japan when compared to North American countries. I'd like to believe the outbreak maybe hadn't happened yet but I guess it can't be fully ruled out.
Apr 18, 2020 3:17 PM

Dec 2014
this show is really growing on me
Apr 18, 2020 4:28 PM

Jun 2009
Can someone tell me the cast of the live action segments? the live action kaede is cute & the neighbor lady seems familiar
Apr 18, 2020 4:59 PM

Mar 2019
I love how in the love action segments, the Dino's movements are expressed through lightsaber and 420 airhorn sound effects LMFAO!!
Apr 18, 2020 5:10 PM

Jan 2008
wjxxhulka66n6 said:
This show is so chill. I love it.

matteas said:

Wearing masks has always been common in Japan when compared to North American countries. I'd like to believe the outbreak maybe hadn't happened yet but I guess it can't be fully ruled out.

I live in Japan. I can guarantee you that this ratio of people with masks is not usual.
Apr 18, 2020 5:14 PM

Jan 2008
Badu said:
Can someone tell me the cast of the live action segments? the live action kaede is cute & the neighbor lady seems familiar

Kaede is 8467 (https://twitter.com/8467_0)
The landlord was Takahashi Youko. The singer of Evangelion's OP.
Apr 18, 2020 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
Man, just as I was sucked into the mystery of the live action parts, we get a cute, non-mysterious one. I loved watching the little kid on his parent's shoulders pointing at Dino. And we have coronavirus facemasks. I know they're more common in Japan but probably half of the random people in the market were wearing them. It's like a time capsule moment.

Dino's happy dances were great.
Apr 18, 2020 5:50 PM

Mar 2016
HiddenSilentMe said:
I wonder if the guy with the "No Photo" sign is the one who showed up at the end?

That looked funny to me, because a few seconds back some random dude was going to take pictures with a professional camera.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 18, 2020 8:00 PM

Mar 2019
Loved this episode (Animated Parts)....

The Liveaction and other stuff were ok...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 18, 2020 8:24 PM

Sep 2018
This is so weird lol.... First time I kinda enjoyed the live action part. 8/10
Apr 18, 2020 8:53 PM

Nov 2019
They at least better explain why she broke up with him otherwise the mc is just straight up bih at this point
Apr 18, 2020 9:51 PM

Jun 2009
matteas said:
Badu said:

Kaede is 8467 (https://twitter.com/8467_0)
The landlord was Takahashi Youko. The singer of Evangelion's OP.

Thank you no wonder she seemed familiar
Apr 19, 2020 4:16 AM
Apr 2019
Yeah, that was totally not a normal amount of masks. This was definitely filmed recently.

On the show though... weirdly enjoyable is how I would describe this. I don't even really know why, but three eps in and I am going to keep going.
Apr 19, 2020 4:43 AM

May 2015
The animation part is very cute, as well as little bits of Dino's channel. Live-action was also cute this time, but the creepy dude at the end ruined all the mood.
Apr 19, 2020 5:20 AM

Mar 2019
I dont even know why but it gets funnier every episode
Apr 19, 2020 9:16 AM

Dec 2013
The little kid in the market bit was super exited about the dino, shame he couldn't interact with it, Kaede is super cute on both animated and live action versions.
Apr 19, 2020 11:09 AM
Jan 2020
And here I thought we are just having a nice day together an ominous presence lurks in the shadows!!

Where is our hero Aoi Shota?!?! Is Mieharu-san ok?! WE NEED ANSWERS!!
Apr 19, 2020 1:42 PM

May 2008
Fairly intriguing so far. It's getting more of my attention with every episode.

However.

Where the hell is the DINOSAUR SEX?
[Insert Zeeky Boogy Doog here]
Apr 19, 2020 9:07 PM

Mar 2016
Vendor with the sign over his face while he was working that read "NO PHOTO" is the real MVP of this show.
Apr 19, 2020 9:17 PM

Oct 2014
Another entertaining episode. What the hell was that cliffhanger??
Apr 20, 2020 2:47 AM

Mar 2018
At first I thought I continued watching this show because of how crazy the endings of the live action bits are, but now I think???? I just like it for how cute it is? It's adorable and funny. Still love the crazy shit tho..
Apr 20, 2020 7:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I like how they're just casually recording whilst walking through a crowded market and everyone they pass by just stare at them like who the hell are these people
Apr 20, 2020 12:42 PM

Apr 2020
i don't know what to expect in this anime but 'till know i'ts ok lol.

⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Apr 21, 2020 7:47 AM

Nov 2013
yep, the old man story is decent...but everything with the gal is 10x better in my eyes <3

@EcchiGodMamster that's a really ecchi pic you have there :v
winddevil1Apr 21, 2020 7:51 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 21, 2020 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
I couldn't help it, I had a big fat smile on my face the whole live action bit.
Apr 21, 2020 11:19 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
winddevil1 said:
yep, the old man story is decent...but everything with the gal is 10x better in my eyes <3

@EcchiGodMamster that's a really ecchi pic you have there :v

Ikr? Probably the most waifu avatar I've ever used
Apr 21, 2020 4:22 PM

May 2013
The reactions of all the random people in the background made this episode.

That and the usual shenanigans which I find fun.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Apr 22, 2020 2:31 AM

Jul 2017
Dino goin' shopping, that's gotta hurt in getting a paycheck for gal Kaede. But her knowledge in asking a fellow worker in exchange got her a good homemade meal, but no information on Dino.

Live-action's just as enticing as imitating the source material for some and then extra bits. Definitely recorded before the Covid outbreak got worse or in-between.

AND OOF dat cliffhanger...

Looking forward to more of these no matter the weirdness.
KANLen09Apr 22, 2020 2:39 AM
Apr 22, 2020 10:06 AM
Feb 2017
I've already made it to this episode and it just hit me that the Dino Channel parts were 3DCG.

Damn, they pulled a Piggy Tales on us. Smooth move tho!
Apr 25, 2020 1:31 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
What a time! The face masks! The No photos sign! All of it! I liked this episode, but the live action version made Kaede just a little meaner, but it's okay.

YggdraSEED said:
They at least better explain why she broke up with him otherwise the mc is just straight up bih at this point
I mean to be fair the dude keeps showing up at her apartment unannounced and even went inside (and this time even ate Dinos' food :C ). That doesn't seem very healthy. I mean, he's cute and seems like a nice guy overall, but the showing up unannounced even after the break up seems like a red flag to me. That might not even be what the problem was, but for me the implications that come with him always showing up unannounced are a good reason to break up if they're meant to be taken that way.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 25, 2020 8:34 AM

Nov 2019
Swiggy said:
What a time! The face masks! The No photos sign! All of it! I liked this episode, but the live action version made Kaede just a little meaner, but it's okay.

YggdraSEED said:
I mean to be fair the dude keeps showing up at her apartment unannounced and even went inside (and this time even ate Dinos' food :C ). That doesn't seem very healthy. I mean, he's cute and seems like a nice guy overall, but the showing up unannounced even after the break up seems like a red flag to me. That might not even be what the problem was, but for me the implications that come with him always showing up unannounced are a good reason to break up if they're meant to be taken that way.

Jesus Christ you got so many things wrong like lmao what, wym "dude"? He was her boyfriend

1.He was her boyfriend, visiting your girlfriend is natural, unannounced is even better for a surprise

2. Dino let him in, in fact invited him

3. He still got the duplicate key, meaning the broke up must've been one sided, in fact despite having the key he was about to leave hadn't Dino waved to him already 3 meters away from the door

4.She's not answering her phone, obviously any normal boyfriend would get worried

5. It looks like the guy doesn't even know why they broke up coz she probably didn't even told him why, he could be dense but at the same time she could just be terrible at communication

Don't use "tbf" ever again lol you're biased as hell and your observation skills is just poor af and you're probably a massive feminist like how can you even get so many things wrong about the guy, our mc is clearly bad at communication, the ex boyfriend so far hadn't done anything that can be considered bad, nothing so far is revealed yet so many red flags about our mc, HE SHOULD dump her tbh

Another thing, face masks is normal in japan even before covid19, they're just really disciplined people, added Japan has an cold climate, as many anime I've seen, face masks for them is normal even as far back as the early 2000s or even way back
Haunt88Apr 25, 2020 7:40 PM
Apr 25, 2020 4:46 PM

Oct 2017
yup this is my AOTS at this point. i love the combo of wholesome gal-dino adventures and the utter batshit multi-dimensional misadventures of mieharu-san, the landlady, aoi shouta and whoever the f*ck was smiling with that disgusting grill at the end of the episode
Apr 26, 2020 3:52 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
YggdraSEED said:
Swiggy said:

Jesus Christ you got so many things wrong like lmao what, wym "dude"? He was her boyfriend

1.He was her boyfriend, visiting your girlfriend is natural, unannounced is even better for a surprise

2. Dino let him in, in fact invited him

3. He still got the duplicate key, meaning the broke up must've been one sided, in fact despite having the key he was about to leave hadn't Dino waved to him already 3 meters away from the door

4.She's not answering her phone, obviously any normal boyfriend would get worried

5. It looks like the guy doesn't even know why they broke up coz she probably didn't even told him why, he could be dense but at the same time she could just be terrible at communication

Don't use "tbf" ever again lol you're biased as hell and your observation skills is just poor af and you're probably a massive feminist like how can you even get so many things wrong about the guy, our mc is clearly bad at communication, the ex boyfriend so far hadn't done anything that can be considered bad, nothing so far is revealed yet so many red flags about our mc, HE SHOULD dump her tbh

Another thing, face masks is normal in japan even before covid19, they're just really disciplined people, added Japan has an cold climate, as many anime I've seen, face masks for them is normal even as far back as the early 2000s or even way back

?
You said unless they explain why she broke up with Shouta then Kaede is a straight up bih. I don't know if we'll ever get an explanation, so I just pointed out something Shouta does that might hint at a possible reason for the break up. It might not be part of the reason at all, but all we can do is try to piece things together mostly through Kaede's view (since you're wondering why she broke up with him). Also, careful! You're making a lot of assumptions about what I've typed.

To start, I hesitate to reply to each of your points mostly because it seems you're confusing some parts of the anime timeline. However, you just seem so... angry (??) about it that I just want to clarify since you've made some incorrect assumptions. This part-- "the dude keeps showing up at her apartment unannounced and even went inside (and this time even ate Dinos' food :C )"-- is correct. The rest of the post is opinion, so there's not really anything to be wrong about there. The only thing is the use of the word "unannounced" since perhaps his call was supposed to have been his announcement had Kaede answered whether she would have welcomed him or not. I'm having trouble finding the right word. Unannounced? Unwelcome? Unwanted? Not approved? Uninvited? Probably the last one as I think of it, but you seemed to understand what I was trying to say, so there's no use dwelling on it. The use of "the dude" is is fine. It's colloquial.

For your first point, he was her boyfriend is enough. He's not her boyfriend anymore and hasn't been since before the anime started as far as we know. That he has visited his ex-girlfriend uninvited by her twice now after they've already broken up is a little odd. Why would he still be welcome to come over unannounced if they've broken up? You also assume that Kaede enjoys unannounced visits. We don't know that yet, just that she was annoyed by his first visit.

For your second point, just because someone else who is unaware of the situation invites you in doesn't mean you should go in. When it comes to break ups, whether that type of thing is okay is going to differ from person to person. Though she let it slide, we already saw that Kaede was annoyed by her ex-boyfriend being in her apartment.

For your third point, I've rewatched these episodes quite a few times-- especially the parts with Shouta since I actually really like the guy. However, I haven't found anything that indicates that he had the spare key when he visited with his mom's present after their break up. Perhaps I'm missing something, but whether he had the key or not doesn't really matter. The point is that he's going to her apartment uninvited by Kaede even after their break up. Not just once either.

For your fourth point... Huh? They had already broken up when she didn't answer the phone.

For your fifth point, sure. Maybe. It could be something as stupid as "Shouta didn't buy me this" or whatever. Everything I've observed might not even be brought up ever again or might even be seen as not a problem at all (as I mentioned before). I'm not taking sides or anything, my post just offered a possible reason based off of what we see and know.

I'll definitely keep using "to be fair", because it seems like both Kaede and Shouta have their own faults. It doesn't seem fair to call Kaede a straight up bih when it seems that Shouta's personality isn't all that perfect either. If people show signs that they don't want to deal with you then it's kinda weird for you to try to force your way into their life anyway. That's a pretty big red flag on someone's personality. All I'm saying is something like that could be a reason to break up.

I actually never said what about the face masks I was bringing up. Always feel free to ask for clarification. I'm very aware of the usage of face masks in Japan (and many Asian countries in general). I was actually interested in seeing that the usage of face masks in this episode is actually more than usual daily life in Japan-- as matteas and others mentioned. BUT thanks for trying to give me information. That's nice of you. I appreciate it.

Apr 26, 2020 6:20 AM

Nov 2019
@Swiggy

I didn't confuse the timeline, but I may have worded some of my points wrong coz I assumed you'd get it in the right context

So to clarify things and btw I'm not mad, I got a little hostile in my words coz I thought you were hating on the ex so apologize for that, anyway back on the topic

You said "dude" you make it seems like he was a random stranger, they might be ex now but that doesn't mean he's a complete stranger now

Okay, unannounced but justified, as we saw he's confused and just wants some clarification, and he did handed out the duplicate key to her in an offscreen clarification only at that point we can assume they're totally broke up, so no he hadn't visited her while being ex as of this episode

Here's the timeline if you're still confused

1.he was calling her when she was in a resto with her friend
2.worried coz she not answering, he goes to her apartment
3.she eventually gets back, all three including Dino played some cards before he leaves
4.next day she called him, he arrives in a motorcycle, we get an offscreen convo, he handed the duplicate key

See only at that point we can assume the mutual break up, so yeah he had not visited her while being ex as of this episode can't count the one with the mother, any relative could've tagged along

Her being annoyed in the first visit is unjustified, she didn't answer his calls

But yeah as long as they don't reveal vital infos we're just theorizing base on current infos you saw red flags in him while I saw it in her, best solution is we just go back after everything is revealed to see who's right or wrong, honestly idc who is but this could be fun
Apr 27, 2020 1:15 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
@YggdraSEED
No worries and thanks!

I think it's just a regional thing then. At least in my area we can easily say something like, "My brother loves video games; the dude plays them all night". We don't use it to mean someone who's unfamiliar. Sorry for the confusion.;;

Perhaps we're watching different subs?
With the subs I'm watching, this is from episode two, and it's how we're introduced to Shouta. It's the scene in the bootleg Starbucks. She calls him her ex-boyfriend (they must have broken up recently though since her friend wasn't aware that they broke up):

Additionally, they make it even more clear that they've already broken up (again, probably recently) when Dino points out that Kaede has the purikura they took when she was still with Shouta still on her board (which made Dino mistakenly think that they were still dating thus he let him in the apartment):

And then before Dino let him in, he says that he hopes another guy doesn't open the door, as in he hopes that Kaede hasn't moved on to another relationship already. So it seems like he's aware that they've broken up though it doesn't seem like he wanted to:

I don't have headphones and can't listen to translate for myself right at this moment to make sure I'm not just watching with troll subs, but assuming I'm not watching troll subs, I'm like 95% sure they were already broken up when Shouta visited the first time.;; Also, I guess I can translate text at least right now, but the title of the second part of the episode references Shouta as 元カレ (もとかれ), which is an ex-boyfriend/former boyfriend.

Maybe your subs are different??

But yeah! I'm really interested in seeing what happened between those two! Because seriously, I like Shouta, he seems genuine, nice, and seems to like Kaede a lot, so I'm really curious as to what happened. Heck, maybe the breakup is why Kaede was out drinking on the night she picked up Dino. Maybe! We'll just have to wait and see like you said!

Apr 27, 2020 5:37 AM

Mar 2009
The gyaru girl is gorgeous.
Nov 24, 2020 4:17 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally had an episode with the life action one. Yeah, peoples around them when filming looked so calm, while indeed affected their daily routines in the covid disease situation. I am kinda funny watching it at these time. Lol, a nostalgic vibes already, even though my country still not free yet from covid. But who cares? I am surprised that its quite decent. Not so boring, but entertaining me.

Anyway, to the story wise, Kyouryuu officially can go to the market alone with those spare key. He alking by himself, instead, and ofc those new keychain of him was cute af. I wanted that thing to be a merch!

Meanwhile, its nice to see Kaede made a friend with senpai from her work place. Its indeed a miracle of Kyouryuu.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 12, 2021 6:24 AM

Jul 2015
Respect for actually filming on the streets and I find it funny for some reason how at 20:00 they kept the guy in the background holding up a cardboard ''no photo'' without censoring it lol.

Already starting to miss old man Mieharu...at least we got a gyaru girl now!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ashhk - Apr 4, 2020

110 by ProdigyKing »»
Mar 17, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 19, 2020

31 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 25, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 7 Discussion

Ashhk - May 16, 2020

29 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 3, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 4 Discussion

Ashhk - Apr 25, 2020

36 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 3, 2023 7:52 PM

Poll: » Gal to Kyouryuu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 11, 2020

60 by purplemoon_ »»
Jan 18, 2023 2:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.