Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki' Gets TV Anime

New
Apr 16, 2020 9:11 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Publishing company Overlap announced a television anime adaptation of Dozeumaru's Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki (How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom) light novel on Friday.

Synopsis
O, Hero!

When Kazuya Souma is unexpectedly transported to another world, he knows the people expect a hero. But Souma's idea of heroism is more practical than most—he wants to rebuild the flagging economy of the new land he's found himself in! Betrothed to the princess and abruptly planted on the throne, this realist hero must gather talented people to help him get the country back on its feet—not through war, or adventure, but with administrative reform! (Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

Dozeumaru originally published the administrative fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in 2015 before switching to Pixiv the following year. Overlap began publishing the novel with illustrations by Fuyuki in May 2016.

Satoshi Ueda launched a manga adaptation on the Comic Gardo website in July 2017. Overlap will publish the 12th novel volume and the fifth manga volume on April 25. The light novel and manga volumes combined have a cumulative 800,000 copies in print.

J-Novel Club and Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the light novel in English in February and November 2017 for digital and physical release, respectively. The tenth e-book volume was released last October, while the sixth physical volume shipped on Tuesday. J-Novel Club is also publishing the manga digitally in English and released the third volume on January 29.

Announcement

Novel special site: https://over-lap.co.jp/bunko/genkoku/

Source: Dengeki Bunko

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki on MAL
VindstotApr 16, 2020 9:43 PM

Apr 16, 2020 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
Well it just matter of time. Though I sense some rushed adaptation already.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 16, 2020 9:39 PM

Mar 2017
Sweet! Really like this series
Apr 16, 2020 10:02 PM

Aug 2011
Best seller of J novel series
Apr 16, 2020 10:02 PM

Feb 2019
Literal this again
https://myanimelist.net/news/59587478

is reselling you to the same characters, only here the girl is another Saber face, so she doesn't even stand out in aesthetically, even if I was such a shallow watcher could't be interested in this
Apr 16, 2020 10:51 PM
May 2016
RayReynolds said:
Literal this again

is reselling you to the same characters, only here the girl is another Saber face, so she doesn't even stand out in aesthetically, even if I was such a shallow watcher could't be interested in this

ummm, i read the description of both, and they don't sound alike in the slightest
Apr 16, 2020 10:52 PM
May 2016
YES, I love stories about economics. You might think I'm joking, but I'm quite serious. I love series about politics, commerce and /or anything related
Apr 16, 2020 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
RayReynolds said:
Literal this again

That novel is not similar to this one in any aspect. Realist Hero is a kingdom building story, I would compare it to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.

Good for the fans that they finally get an adaptation but I dropped it some time ago because I find it to be too bland for my tastes.
Apr 16, 2020 11:36 PM

Feb 2016
Well this was within my expectations

Seems like all the popular novels are gonna receive anime announcements this year
Apr 16, 2020 11:41 PM

Feb 2015
It would be a good novel if it didn't have the word "Realist" in the title, but since it has, it's just a mediocre story, with bland characters and Deus Ex Machina all the way through.

I can already imagine that it'll get an score of 5 or 6 in here.
Apr 17, 2020 12:19 AM

Jul 2015
>harem

no thx , skip
Apr 17, 2020 12:25 AM

Aug 2008
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
Go on...

When Kazuya Souma is unexpectedly transported to another world (...)
Stop going on. There's so much of this garbage words "transported to another world" make me cringe just from seeing them. How come country with such rich folklore can't come up with fantasy stories that are not fucking isekai or VR games...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 17, 2020 12:42 AM
Aug 2018
this type of isekai genre has been butchered already have read like 7 series similar to this one and most of the time the MC is really smart while the rest of the cast are braindead and will always ends with harem still will check it out mainly because ive read the manga
Apr 17, 2020 1:05 AM

Jun 2012
This is mainly just an SOL story like Ascendance of bookworm but instead of crafting books, he is crafting a systematize nation. Not much to say about conflicts since the enemies are too one dimensional so it focuses more on the diplomatic sides of the aftermath.
Apr 17, 2020 2:25 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Plot's kinda interesting. Worth a try I guess.
Apr 17, 2020 2:52 AM

Mar 2014
I'm a bit skeptical but I will wait for more
Apr 17, 2020 2:53 AM
Apr 2016
Always ask yourself - is there a meaning or betterment in translating the story into the animation. Without either, this is just another regretful waste.
Re:formed
Apr 17, 2020 2:59 AM

Mar 2014
In before...
-Fans hype this adaptation to be really good.
-LN is adaptated by a bad sudio and the animation is lacking while the story is shown to be generic then we expected.
-Turns into a mess of a basic isekai that can be compared to the other hundreds of isekais that already exist.
-Once the anime has finish it will likely be forgetten as many more Isekais and big titles come along.

It's the same repeat and again cycle anime fans go through. It Never changes.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 17, 2020 3:56 AM

Feb 2019
@NG_Chloe
@YorukaWaifu

the premise is an ornament that does not influence anything, because that all this is just about another beta MC somehow gathering a harem.
Apr 17, 2020 5:55 AM
May 2018
Well, who knows...

There is always chance it is well directed, and it ends up good.
Apr 17, 2020 6:14 AM

Aug 2015
Reading the synopsis.. i think i've read either the novel or the manga before, uo to a certain point... I lean more to the manga since i can actually remember when the throne was forced on him..

Except

That there might be some mistakes on my side and i was actually remembering another story. Lol. XD

Anyway. I'll decide whether to watch this or not later. After more information revealed.

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 17, 2020 8:34 AM

Jan 2016
This actually one of my favorite isekai light novel in terms of world-building. But well, never believe anime adaptation anymore, we'll just see.
Apr 17, 2020 10:45 AM

Nov 2016
Sounds interesting on paper, but you can bet on some half assed execution and shit pacing to ruin any potential this may have.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 17, 2020 11:03 AM
May 2016
RayReynolds said:
@NG_Chloe
@YorukaWaifu

the premise is an ornament that does not influence anything, because that all this is just about another beta MC somehow gathering a harem.

Sounds like you're oversimplifying things
Apr 17, 2020 12:01 PM

Mar 2019
I read the novel a bit and dropped it ... the MC is the typical boy who knows everything and all works out for him. There are no moments of tension and as a leader, he does not apply its authority, they can rebel against him but he will forgive the instigators because she is the new harem member.
Apr 17, 2020 12:59 PM

Jan 2018
All the I'm reading is getting an adaption now? Eh I'm not expecting much out of this tho
Apr 17, 2020 11:46 PM

Feb 2015
>Realist protag
>LN

shouldnt this be a sin already that the author decided to put this words in the same place, time and existence?
Apr 18, 2020 12:22 AM

Mar 2013
RayReynolds said:
@NG_Chloe
@YorukaWaifu

Um excuse you, do other trash LN adaptations include the law of diminishing returns I didn't think so I rest my case #embarrassing #pawned
Apr 18, 2020 4:47 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Really looking forward to this one~ The novels are pretty great and the characters are all done really well, as well~!X3
Apr 18, 2020 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
People be out here complaining about the premise being the same and here I am just... not really caring? I mean sure at the end of the day, if one doesn't want to give the series a chance and just simply don't want to engage with premises that's fine.

With me, I will just judge it on execution, and not just based on the premise to dictate the quality of a product as a whole. That never really sat well with me, and if a premise isn't convincing me or synopsis I just... leave it as it is I suppose.

Don't mind me I'm just here kinda being rather rambly lol

But on the subject of the series itself, I think I remember reading this before but I can't recall if I did, with that said despite the designs looking a bit generic I'm gonna judge the characters as characters and not just based on their designs alone. Sometimes looks can be deceiving, I will say that I am intrigued with it to some extent.
Apr 19, 2020 2:28 PM

Jul 2019
This anime is the style I like, I have high expectations.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Apr 19, 2020 4:03 PM
Mar 2020
Isekai is a just a genre yet people hate it so much
Apr 21, 2020 8:35 AM

Mar 2014
Gustavo_jonez said:
Isekai is a just a genre yet people hate it so much

Yeah, but that's because of overexposition.

If we did not get half a dozen isekais per season, and with most of them looking like the same, no one would be complaining (a lot).

1990's had isekais as well (Fushigi Yuugi, Escaflowne, Digimon 1, Rayearth), and no one complained. They were few and actually easy to tell apart from each other.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
May 5, 2020 9:31 AM
Feb 2020
RayReynolds said:
another beta MC somehow gathering a harem.

Ummm...this is incorrect. The idea that he is a beta is false based on his success as a leader of a country. While, granted, his success can be questioned because it's a fantasy story and bias from the author is a factor.

An "alpha" is not determined by 'strength and aggression" alone. That's because the same survival tactics used to progress in one environment do not always work in every environment. Humans are also social creatures and because of that adaptation is based on group survival rather than individual survival. There is a such a thing as a "submissive alpha" which is more common in matriarchal societies but gender roles in human society are more complicated than you are assuming.
May 6, 2020 6:13 AM

Feb 2019
Cordantheman said:
RayReynolds said:
another beta MC somehow gathering a harem.

Ummm...this is incorrect. The idea that he is a beta is false based on his success as a leader of a country. While, granted, his success can be questioned because it's a fantasy story and bias from the author is a factor.

An "alpha" is not determined by 'strength and aggression" alone. That's because the same survival tactics used to progress in one environment do not always work in every environment. Humans are also social creatures and because of that adaptation is based on group survival rather than individual survival. There is a such a thing as a "submissive alpha" which is more common in matriarchal societies but gender roles in human society are more complicated than you are assuming.

This character is a full-fledged archetype of a typical anime protagonist. I need a minimal feature that sets it apart from other idiots.
May 6, 2020 6:15 AM
Feb 2020
RayReynolds said:
Cordantheman said:

This character is a full-fledged archetype of a typical anime protagonist. I need a minimal feature that sets it apart from other idiots.

I suppose I can agree with that :D
Oct 21, 2020 7:16 PM
Jun 2015
I don’t know anything about this anime or LN at all, I didn’t even bother reading the synopsis since the only thing I have to say is.. don’t they look a bit too much like Asuna and Kirito
Feb 25, 2021 11:23 AM
Jun 2020
G0ldStark said:
I read the novel a bit and dropped it ... the MC is the typical boy who knows everything and all works out for him. There are no moments of tension and as a leader, he does not apply its authority, they can rebel against him but he will forgive the instigators because she is the new harem member.

I see you haven't read all the first arc...
Spoilers below
Apr 17, 2021 2:05 AM
Feb 2021
All those calling him the "know it all" type of mc don't even what basic education is. As far as I know there are many things he can't do that's why he relies on many other people. But if they don't adapt the source material very good then it's studios fault not the story.

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
45 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.