Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2020 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, we got some turtle jokes but Bam still really needs to prove himself. Aguero is such a badass for toying with Rak. It looks like Bam's goal to find Rachel is realized ever since he met her.

Anak Jahad also makes her appearance and she's no pushover. Lol Sibisu got abandoned. But seriously, I think Bam definitely needs a strong ally if he hopes to survive. The Tower of God Admin is also someone to watch out for.
Stark700Apr 8, 2020 7:49 AM
Apr 8, 2020 7:49 AM

Jan 2020
This episode was certainly better than the first episode. I totally felt weird watching the first episode, but in the end I'm getting used to it, or more like now I'm totally liking this animation. A solid 8/10 for this episode
Apr 8, 2020 7:49 AM

Jul 2017
i didn't remember finding bam so annoying while reading the webtoon.

Fortunately, it was a better episode than the first one. 6,5/10 so far
renanmonacoApr 8, 2020 8:02 AM
Apr 8, 2020 7:57 AM
Feb 2018
I'm really glad that Rak still calls them turtles, which was in the webtoon too. I liked this episode, it was hilarious and especially for me (a reader) it was great seeing the trio all together.
Apr 8, 2020 8:00 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Another decent episode. Better than the first one. But my main issue is that so far it is pretty much a copy of hunter x hunter. I am sure that eventually it will become its own thing but the entire episode I was thinking "that's like what HxH did, but not as good". On its own merits however, without comparisons to other anime, I really liked it. This show has a lot of potential.
Apr 8, 2020 8:07 AM
Jan 2018
This episode was so much better than the first one. I still think Baam is a weak protagonist, and the reason for his motivation has not yet been well presented, but many explanations of these episodes have made previous events make more sense. I am liking it. 7/10
Apr 8, 2020 8:09 AM
Oct 2016
Really interesting episode as we get further up the tower. I like Rak and Khun a lot, they're solid bros. Khun seems very smooth especially with how he talks so subdued almost. You'd think he's a soft spoken pushover by just a glance but the dude is definitely hiding something. The instructor even saying so to not trust Khun. Rak calling them all turtles is kinda odd but funny. Loved all his expressions and reactions, he's fun. Like a good big bro to the bois. Smart move by Bam to trick him into being their ally. The new faces we saw with Anaak, Hatz, and Shibisu were interesting too, totally ignoring the doofus made me laugh. The whole things with Shinsu is weird, can make you immortal or give you unlimited power but using it for a test to see if people can walk through it, idk. The higher floors apparently having immense pressure from this stuff. thinned them out a ton more after that as we move to the third test.
Apr 8, 2020 8:15 AM
Apr 2020
(Webtoon readers perspective)
Overall i would say the pacing was better than the first episode. There was some skipped/changed content (e.g doesn't mention that irregulars are feared due to their strength and the dialogue to the dude who couldn't get through the barrier that one day everybody is confronted by their limits, which i feel was a central theme in S1 of the webtoon. There's also that whole added thing where Bam said he belonged to Rachel and though i get she's basically a mother to him..c'mon)
Either way, the changes were less drastic than the first episode (such as that shit where Yuri gave Bam Black March nearly entirely because of he has a cute face or whatever and barely mentioning the actual reasons, probably because they're adapting 78 chapters into 13 episodes), so i would say not only is the pacing better but it felt more faithful to the source material aswell.
I'd give it a 4/5, though my assessment wont be nearly as accurate on judging purely the anime when compared to an anime only viewer.
Apr 8, 2020 8:20 AM

Jan 2018
Definitely stronger than the 1st episode. pacing also well put together. The animation was more presented here as we saw some battles. We also get more info about the lore and setting. TOG anime seems to be heading at the right direction! can't wait for more.
Apr 8, 2020 8:21 AM

Apr 2018
That hatz vs anaak was LIT, i'm hyped for anaak and hatz to kick some ass in next episode. And i think the pace is better than the previous episode.

Personally I really liked this adaptation so far, tower of god anime with good art, good animation and good ost with decent pace is all i need.
Apr 8, 2020 8:24 AM

Apr 2019
So far I'm liking it but it's hard to say yet how I feel without getting a complete idea about it.
Apr 8, 2020 8:25 AM
Nov 2019
Today's episode was perfect, nothing important was omitted, it felt cooler than the previous chapter. 8/10
Dantalian2020Apr 8, 2020 8:36 AM
Apr 8, 2020 8:29 AM
Feb 2016
I really like this episode,this far better than episode 1 .

OMG rak so funny 🤣,but poor Levin
Apr 8, 2020 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
Better than last week, though last week set the scene, so cannot just be looked down upon.

I love the team chemistry. I hope it either stays, or continues for a length of time.
Apr 8, 2020 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode.

Anak vs Hatz fight was good. They would make a great duo. Shibisu was funny.

Rak was also pretty funny.

Apr 8, 2020 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
Anyone recognize who's voicing Yu Hansung (the blond guy before the credit)?

Apr 8, 2020 8:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
New characters are really interesting like the test, I can't wait for the next episode I hope the anime will be full of test
Apr 8, 2020 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
so like there was that I believe
Apr 8, 2020 9:04 AM

Sep 2017
Nice Comedy , and we got to see some new characters, looking forward to see them more
yikes
Apr 8, 2020 9:05 AM

May 2018
Way better then the first episode!!!
Apr 8, 2020 9:19 AM

Mar 2019
they actually managed to make an episode worst than last week's, that's a surprise.
The only saving grace for this episode was the "fights" (the little we got) and the scenery, bland as it was.
That 1970's style room didn't help at all and it just felt as though they were trying to make this series look bizarre just for the sake of looking bizarre.
"your ability to climb this tower is down to luck"
this killed the entire series for me. relying on luck to tell a story is actual garbage, because now instead of getting good to climb it, it's obvious that annoying MC kid will just get lucky and barely pass every single test, looking like an underdog when he's just "lucky".
Also the comedy in this episode fell flat on it's face. They ridiculed the one OP character for some quick laughs, and made him look stupid all throughout the episode, making him into a good guy over some snacks? really?
Also that jumpsuit kid is the most annoying character in this series, i physically cringe whenever he's on screen.
So far the only interesting character is probably Yuri, but they'll find a way to mess her up too.
Apr 8, 2020 9:22 AM

Mar 2018
Decent so far. Seems like it is finally getting exciting.
Apr 8, 2020 9:23 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Humu, this episode was better than the first.

3/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 8, 2020 9:24 AM

Oct 2017
Many of the other characters made their first anime appearance and the fight scene was well done. Also XD Rak the GOAT.
Apr 8, 2020 9:25 AM
Nov 2010
Clubby said:
they actually managed to make an episode worst than last week's, that's a surprise.

So far, you're the only one who thinks that way. This episode is definitely way better than the first. Explains a lot of things that were missing from the first.
Apr 8, 2020 9:28 AM

Mar 2019
eplipswich said:
Clubby said:

So far, you're the only one who thinks that way. This episode is definitely way better than the first. Explains a lot of things that were missing from the first.

I personally got more questions than answers.
"Who is this adidas kid and when do they kill him off?"
"Wow is Yuri actually a good character? When do we see more of her?"
"Why would you rely on luck to climb the tower that's stupid?"
"How the hell is MC kid not dead yet?"

and many more. only question i got the answer to was "what are irregulars?".
Apr 8, 2020 9:35 AM

Jul 2017
Great episode. Pacing felt more natural than the first one, and the shinsoo looked really well animated during Lero Ro's test. Very enjoyable and nice to see the trio together. Nice to also see some exposition on who irregulars were exactly, just to make it more understandable for anime-onlys on whats going on.

Turtle jokes are already here too, I'm gonna just sit back and let the webtoon community make 100s of turtle jokes for this next week of waiting for episode 3.
Apr 8, 2020 9:35 AM
Feb 2018
That was a very good episode. I really like the administrator. Hope we see him later. That was definately better than the first episodes. I am also warming up to the cast. By the looks of it we have seen about 10 characters that are going to be important.
Apr 8, 2020 9:38 AM

Nov 2018
I dont remenber why 68 people instantly died....feels soo freaking weird, the pacing is too fast.

Rak is still best boy.
Apr 8, 2020 9:39 AM

Feb 2019
Easily AOTY contender if this keeps up

I want Yuri to abuse me so bad

Animation was top notch this episode and you’d expect nothing less considering the staff they have working on it. I expect it to be consistent in fights throughout

Bam is so cute lol “I can go back if you want” what a good kid.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen an episode of an anime that I didn’t want to end. Wish it was a double length ep

Can’t wait for next week, love everything about this
Apr 8, 2020 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was much better than the first.

Khun is more intelligent than violent. I like those kinds of characters.

The alligator reminded me of Caiman. He was oddly cute despite being a monster, and his voice was also similar to Caiman.

I had read a little bit of the first chapter of this in Webtoon app, and I was surprised by the difference in the drawing style. Especially with Bam and Khun. They're so handsome here, but they look so odd in the webcomic.

The one girl who slammed her face on the wall of water was funny.

One guy was asleep, and he still managed to not just survive, but also reach another level. Hope we learn more about him later.

When I heard the Ranker's voice, I half expected the Alpaca from Nakanohito Genome. lol. But he was kind of attractive. Also, I thought he'd be really cold, but he was kind of nice.

Khun's bag seems to have a secret hidden in it. Hope they don't make us wait too long to learn it.
Apr 8, 2020 9:43 AM
Feb 2018
Clubby said:
The only saving grace for this episode was the "fights" (the little we got) and the scenery, bland as it was.
That 1970's style room didn't help at all and it just felt as though they were trying to make this series look bizarre just for the sake of looking bizarre.
"your ability to climb this tower is down to luck"
this killed the entire series for me. relying on luck to tell a story is actual garbage, because now instead of getting good to climb it, it's obvious that annoying MC kid will just get lucky and barely pass every single test, looking like an underdog when he's just "lucky".
Also the comedy in this episode fell flat on it's face. They ridiculed the one OP character for some quick laughs, and made him look stupid all throughout the episode, making him into a good guy over some snacks? really?
Also that jumpsuit kid is the most annoying character in this series, i physically cringe whenever he's on screen.
So far the only interesting character is probably Yuri, but they'll find a way to mess her up too.

Dude you gotta chill. Just because he said luck, doesnt mean the mc will barley pass every test, if you were paying attention then you would have seen the ranker also said bam is a monster. that means that is was his strength not luck that made him pass. the fact he was able to resist the shinsoo means he is most likely the strongest there. also Rak isnt the most op there, we havent seen anyones abilities yet. its only the second epeisode, but it was far better than the first. the scenery is blans=d for sure, but thats becuase they are following the webtoon,
Apr 8, 2020 9:45 AM
Sep 2015
I'm more interested in male characters than the story. I mean, most male characters are hot, even the alligator is reptile hot! Now just add BL element to instantly improve the story!
Apr 8, 2020 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
I'm going to get a lot of hate for this.

But I think the anime adaptation is doing the source material better than the Webtoon.

Seeing as the Webtoon didn't have the greatest art (I am not referring to post-Season 1, since then the art becomes god-like), and this anime not only has consistent art but great animation and a godly soundtrack.
Apr 8, 2020 9:47 AM
Feb 2020
Feels like there's a lot of shills in this thread. So many template comments in this style: "this episode is so much better than the first one". Who are you trying to convince exactly.
Apr 8, 2020 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
Kami_sama_ said:
I'm going to get a lot of hate for this.

But I think this adaptation is doing the source material better than the Webtoon.

Seeing as the Webtoon didn't have the greatest art, (I am not referring to post-Season 1, since the art becomes god-like) and this anime has not only consistent art but great animation and a godly soundtrack.

I think so far, it's on par. Visuals wise, massive improvement (I love the visuals in the show so far) and the soundtrack has been great so far. Pacing wise, the first episode definitely had issues but I liked the pacing this one.

I think it does have the potential to surpass it in the coming weeks, just keep the pacing like it is now, and keep key explanations whilst adapting it and this season should be looking good imo.
Apr 8, 2020 9:53 AM
Mar 2017
otilia84p said:
Feels like there's a lot of shills in this thread. So many template comments in this style: "this episode is so much better than the first one". Who are you trying to convince exactly.

Or some people actually think that. For example I really didn't enjoy the last episode that much. Felt the pacing was too fast and that they skipped over some important parts. This episode fixed that. The pacing felt smooth and nothing important got excluded. Don't see why would you call them shills if they feel the same as I do.
Apr 8, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2018
otilia84p said:

No one, it was better. What are you trying to prove? i mean, is this show AOTY material? not realy, but its not a bad show....Its funny seeing a random ass account like yours thats clearly a fake meant to troll away at the forums here, do you have nothing better to do?
Apr 8, 2020 10:03 AM

Aug 2016
I enjoyed this one more than the first(heh template comment huh /s) A bit simpler but also easier to digest. The scene where yuri just popped up last episode was jarring. The chat about irregulars and the tower gave a nice perspective on where we actually are lol.

The fight seen looked pretty good but also just a short snippet so let's see if they can make it consistent throughout the season.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 8, 2020 10:03 AM

Mar 2015
This episode was more like Hunter x Hunter than Sword art Online, still no idea where we are going.
Apr 8, 2020 10:04 AM

Apr 2018
phantomfandom said:
I'm more interested in male characters than the story. I mean, most male characters are hot, even the alligator is reptile hot! Now just add BL element to instantly improve the story!
yeah ikr? Imo Hatz and khun is damn hot, no homo.
Apr 8, 2020 10:05 AM

Jun 2013
Improvement over first episode! Pretty interesting so far.
Apr 8, 2020 10:10 AM

Jun 2014
Bam being the only one that didn't get pushed back by the Shinsu, plus Leroro saying he's a monster makes me excited for what we'll see from Bam once he gets stronger and becomes a better fighter. I liked most of the other new characters that were introduced in this episode and look forward to seeing them in action later on as well (particularly Hatz and Anak).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 8, 2020 10:10 AM

Feb 2020
Episode 2 > Episode 1

Hanai > Sano confirmed

that being said I seriously hope it's just the material, not the episode director.... I shudder to think if the latter is the case
Apr 8, 2020 10:12 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well the first episode was definitely a bit generic, but i think its definitely redeemed a bit of that with this one... im far more interested now
Apr 8, 2020 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
good stuff, looking forward to next ep. i’m also getting some aincrad vibes (ಠ ͜ʖಠ).
Apr 8, 2020 10:17 AM
Jan 2008
it was bold of me to assume they could say Rak's name....... i'm so ashamed
Apr 8, 2020 10:19 AM

Apr 2020
Clubby said:
eplipswich said:

and many more. the only question I got the answer to was "what are irregulars?".

Either you're reading comprehension is severely lacking or you didn't pay attention to the episode. So let me remind some of Lero Ro's lines :
- "The luck to be born with exceptional brains or brawn"
- "The luck to be blessed with wealth or good friends"

What is it that you don't understand from these two lines? It obviously implies you need to either have a great intellect, be extremely strong, have connections, be rich or any kind of advantage.

The Test Administrator even added that no matter how much effort you put into it it doesn't matter. "You simply were not chosen. That's all". It basically tells you "This is life, deal with it.". Get it, now?
Apr 8, 2020 10:20 AM

Mar 2019
GhostRO123 said:
Clubby said:

and many more. the only question I got the answer to was "what are irregulars?".

Either you're reading comprehension is severely lacking or you didn't pay attention to the episode. So let me remind some of Lero Ro's lines :
- "The luck to be born with exceptional brains or brawn"
- "The to be blessed with wealth or good friends"

What is it that you don't understand from these two lines? It obviously implies you need to either have a great intellect, be extremely strong, have connections, be rich or any kind of advantage.

The Test Administrator even added that no matter how much effort you put into it it doesn't matter. "You simply were not chosen. That's all". It basically tells you "This is life, deal with it.". Get it, now?

and bam possesses neither of those, yet he's obviously gonna make it to the top.
Apr 8, 2020 10:21 AM
Jan 2020
yuzuruhanyuu said:
Episode 2 > Episode 1

Hanai > Sano confirmed

that being said I seriously hope it's just the material, not the episode director.... I shudder to think if the latter is the case

What do you mean? That the source material actually improved and it didn’t just happen to be a better episode director and it’s going to regress?
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

336 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

591 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 3:12 AM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

16 by Madhukar13g »»
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

459 by TayWilliams »»
Mar 7, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

456 by Kira_ga_Kiru »»
Feb 23, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.