Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2020 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite interesting that they're picking Inarizaki High as one of the main teams to focus on. This is truly in a timeline where the best competes against the best. Ofc, Karasuno knows that.

However, this season's finale feels like it's a buildup for the next season. Now that they're ready and got a plan (sort of), I'm excited to see them take on their toughest challenges yet.

Apr 3, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2018
S5 is going to be one hell of a ride!! thank goodness we won't have to wait another 4 years for it!
Enjoy the ride...
Apr 3, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2007
Meeting of 2nd game.

A bit of misunderstanding.

Oh, Mamo's character is a twin?

lol @ Setter guy admit to Mamo's character that main guy is "hetakuso"

Brass band and cheerleaders for opponent team. Too loud that they cannot hear what captain said.

Fans are annoying when Mamo's character serve, and it annoys him (not only surprised main team). Use of fans...

lol @ forgetting to hit when doing the high jump. Then ending the season here.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2020 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
The Miya twins are so cute. <3

Excellent season as usual.
Apr 3, 2020 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
"What does it mean to have hope?" Lmao that was good, especially with the "0 hope" images.

The flashback was cute, but poor Ryu, of course misunderstanding the situation. Well, in the end he found out the truth so no biggie.

And then dat Inarizaki hype, they're truly a powerhouse team with a cheering squad that's flexing hard on Shiratorizawa's. Can't wait for the rest of the match and that's indeed a painful cliffhanger they choose there.

Also lol at Hinata failing.

Not the best season for sure, but still great because it's Haikyuu. 8/10 compared with S3 and 8.5/10 on it's own. Next cour should bring out the big guns again, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2020 12:02 PM

Apr 2014
Seriously dude... this is going to be a pain to dang wait. That ending. Not to mention the Team alone is already on the goal to show their power. That ending is a total bad way to say, "See you in Summer 2020!". See you guys next time really!
Apr 3, 2020 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
Lmao Tanaka cucked himself, feels bad.

Holy shit Inarizaki is no joke, and Atsumu isn't messing around. Just seeing him completely silence the band, and demanding total silence while he serves.....what a badass. To say this match will be tough is an understatement, from what we've seen so far.

Can't wait for the next season!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 3, 2020 12:33 PM

Jul 2017
wow I know these action shounens usually have mediocre romance subplots but this was just like lul wat. F for childhood friend

but man what a hyped place to end it, gonna be tough waiting until summer to see this continuation, hoping this is gonna be a great match (maybe as good as Aoba pt.2?)

Overall though, definitely the worst of Haikyuu, but that's kinda to be expected. here's hoping all that buildup will pay off in the next cour

Hoshiumi looks like a fukin fish/10
Apr 3, 2020 12:37 PM

May 2019
Nooooooooooooo it ended T_T

My boy Ryuu found a girl. I'm very happy. Please, son, don't mess it up.

Their orange jerseys look weird but I guess we'll get used to them soon. And Hinata's right, that jersey doesn't suit Kageyama lol

Also, fans are playing dirty, I see. I usually end up supporting both teams in Haikyuu but this time I guess I won't support that team with dirty fans. Atsumu is so cool that I want to see him crushed.

Welp, see you in July! (hopefully)
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 3, 2020 12:39 PM

May 2011
thebrentinator24 said:
Lmao Tanaka cucked himself, feels bad.

Huh?

He clearly blurted that his main interest is someone else.
Apr 3, 2020 12:41 PM

Aug 2013
Inarizaki is no joke. That serve by Atsumu was cool.

Not a fan of this half of the season but I hope it will be worth all that build up.

Apr 3, 2020 12:43 PM

Aug 2013
another good episode. some funny moments (hinata forgetting to hit lol) and we also get to see the start of the match against inarizaki. really, really can't wait for July and for it to continue

I've loved this so much. as a big fan of haikyuu it's been the highlight of my Fridays. they're gonna be empty now as I wait for july
Apr 3, 2020 12:46 PM
Sep 2015
The fan's boo while serving remind me of free throw distraction from NBA.

And I really admire Ryuu for staying faithful to his crush.

But I still want him to follow sports anime rules.... heterosexual love is forbidden.
Apr 3, 2020 12:51 PM
Jul 2019
Of course the episode was as usual interesting. To the top's second season will now come in july. And who knows when the next season will come!! Can't wait for july and season 5.
Apr 3, 2020 12:53 PM

Mar 2016
Atsumu's serve had me screaming! he's so cool.

this episode was funny, sweet and a good lead up for Karasuno vs. Inarizaki ahhh!

what am i going to do with my Friday's now :[

until next time Haikyuu!

8/10!

Apr 3, 2020 12:56 PM

Oct 2017
Lol I really love how confident both Kageyama and Hinata is.

The game just started and it's already so intense. Atsumu's serve was killer and lmao Hinata forgot to hit.

This was a good season overall, not as good as the previous three haikyuu seasons but this was mainly build up for the nationals. So the next part will surely rock.

Anyway cliffhanger ending to this part, looking forward to the next part in summer.
Apr 3, 2020 1:01 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What a set-up for Part 2, holy fudge!

Atsumu proves his worth with just serves alone thus far, as expected from the best setter and server. Just straight-up fire! Incredible concentration into it as well, poor girls getting the “fudge off” treatment. Some freestyle between the brothers too, this is going be a mountain to climb for Karasuno.

Score-line stands at 2-2 but it looks like Hinata’s about to unleash something, I can just tell the hype is coming! To be honest, it’s hard to tell just how far he managed to jump but the animation leading up to that is enough evidence that we’ve got ourselves a treat to look forward to. I wonder just how close to Hoshiumi he’ll manage to reach...

It wouldn’t be Haikyuu!! without its exceptional BGM, and that music to start off the game - simply fabulous! And Inarizaki’s theme, really gives off the champion vibe.

Jeez, the cheering group from Inarizaki though. They’re very well trained, lol. Couldn’t help but feel for Asahi there, very hard to keep your cool in that state. I was hoping some passionate Karasuno cries would beat that but hopefully that’s for later.

Dat professional interview from the Captain leading up to the match really goes to show just how experienced and formidable they’re going to be, damn! Calm and composed even during the most gripping moments, that’s the second-best team for you. Interesting that the number one team is that winning team from Tokyo though, my first impression was that they’d be strong but certainly not to that extent.

Some nice buildup from Karasuno’s side in the first half. Who would’ve thought the rock hard Daichi-san would be this nervous and the contrast with Asahi-san which was actually hilarious. I just love how we got to see more of these characters and their quirks from this season.

But the icing on the cake was of course those delightful Ryu & Kanoka moments. Such an adorable backstory too, that’s Ryu in the flesh for you xD. And that hilarious rejection out of the blue, misunderstandings can really be a treat to watch sometimes. But the pay-off looks great, Ryu-san let’s go!

July seriously can’t come soon enough! I was getting chills from those final moments both before and after the ED, lol. I just love this series!

As for the whole season in general, I’ll have to admit that the training arc in the first half wasn’t the finest and the animation lapses a hindrance at times but this cour was always building up to something and this finale sealed it! Now, here’s to praying that the pay-off will stun us like the prequel seasons before have done so.

Might be a nitpick from my side but I really miss the mid-episode interval little CMs (or whatever they’re called). I just couldn’t and can’t get used to this new one...

Really going to miss the ED theme song though. It’s just so darn good! Please let CHiCO with HoneyWorks return in July for another dime! As for the Op, I’m pretty sure BURNOUT SYNDROME will stick around or maybe SpyAir will return so that’s certainly something to look forward to as well.

With all things considered, I’m going to settle with a solid 8/10 to this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 3, 2020 1:03 PM

Feb 2014
Sucks that it ends in the middle (or rather, the very beggining actually) of a match, not choice but to wait I guess.
Apr 3, 2020 1:04 PM

May 2017
Man am I excited for part 2 in Summer!

Can I just say how pissed off the booing from the crowd got me, though? I sat there in complete anger during that, like damn.
Apr 3, 2020 1:06 PM

Oct 2018
my favourite team is finally here, best characters and really love miya brothers can't wait for second cour because this match is gonna be a blast.
Ri22rkApr 3, 2020 1:10 PM
Apr 3, 2020 1:07 PM

Mar 2015
Hinata forgot to hit the ball lmao.
For the cour, not as good as the previous seasons for obvious reasons, but still really good.

We need you Summer, can you come faster please?.
Apr 3, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
o.o twins...twins...I was not prepared for that aaaaaaaackgjgkdhf
Apr 3, 2020 1:30 PM

Mar 2020
all i can say is...july can't come around fast enough!!! i'm so excited for the second half of the season.

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

Apr 3, 2020 1:32 PM

Oct 2018
Ahhhh, Atsumu, finally! My favorite setter, I can't wait to see him in action, as well as the rest of the Inarizaki team.
This was a great build-up for the second cour.
Apr 3, 2020 1:33 PM

Dec 2014
Tanaka you had a chance! I found it hilarious when he blurted out that he was interested in someone else. XD
Well, at least she's not giving up.

I love Kageyama's banter with Atsumu especially when he said Hinata sucks but he's not weak, that was funny and awesome at the same time.

Atsumu's serve was insane and damn Karasuno got nothing on that cheering squad.
Hinata forgetting to hit the ball after jumping was hilarious.

Overall, another great season of Haikyuu. I loved the training arcs. The season is clearly just getting started and I'm expecting the second cour to be insane so I can't wait for that. It's very reassuring to see that after all this while, Haikyuu has never lost it's charm and energy.
10/10, cause Haikyuu.
Apr 3, 2020 1:37 PM

Feb 2017
Good season! Scenes with Tanaka and that girl were fun. Seems like second part of this season will be wild. Suck we'll have to wait few months.
Apr 3, 2020 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
This season was alright, I enjoyed every episode enough. Looking forward to them actually playing some volleyball next season though!

6/10
Apr 3, 2020 1:46 PM

Mar 2018
This was great. Honestly I have no idea how I'm going to wait 3 months without giving in and reading the manga. This season (Or I guess part 1 of this season) is the weakest out of all but there's still a couple of eps that just floored me and overall it was still a great season. 8.5/10
Apr 3, 2020 2:01 PM

Mar 2019
The Miya twins AHHHHHHHHHH!! i need next season now! 7/10
Apr 3, 2020 2:08 PM
Aug 2017
These last three or four episodes really carried this season that was starting to look pretty mid but this last episode might just make me read the manga because I can’t wait until the summer to see the conclusion of this match.
Apr 3, 2020 2:32 PM
Feb 2019
Personally the build up for season 2 could not have been better for anime watchers. Certainly its sort of irritating having to wait till JULY for season 2 to come out, but hopefully it will be worth the wait!!!! (i know it definitely will be ;) )

From seeing the nervous/excited side of Karasuno and the intensity Inarizaki brought to the court, this episode was just full of laughs and excitement.

Overall just even having a preview of what the Karasuno and Inarizaki match will be is enough for anime watchers to be hungry for more hehe :)
Apr 3, 2020 2:36 PM

Jan 2019
Great Episode for sure, but now we have to wait a damn long time again feelsbadman. Also I want Ryu to just ask her out already cmon man u got this!

Apr 3, 2020 2:41 PM

Sep 2013
Real big set up for the future, this next game could be the entire second half.

And Kanoka
Apr 3, 2020 2:51 PM
Apr 2020
Holy shit man, this was extremely hype.

The animation.
The low volume rise of the music behind the scene growing each time.
The epicness

I can't contain this hype. Been a while since I've been in this site. Almost 6 years.
But Haikyuu is just too good that brought me back

I give this episode 9/10 easily.

---
I wonder how long this match will be in episodes. Probably half of the next season.
I hope it wont take years to make season 6 since its almost certain it wont warp the nationals.
Apr 3, 2020 3:01 PM

May 2014
Is it just me or was Inarizaki's marching band playing Blue Bird? lmao
Apr 3, 2020 3:04 PM

Mar 2017
What a finale! It's got me so hype for To The Top part 2!

I was way more shocked to learn that Atsumu has a twin than I shoulda been haha I love that Hinata and Kageyama are already pissing Ayumu off... he ain't seen nothing yet hehe

The little Tanaka x Kanoka is so sweet. I really think they'd make an adorable couple... but Tanaka would never hear the end of it from Noya!
Apr 3, 2020 3:07 PM

Dec 2011
Atsumu opening number was pretty badass, the power he holds lol

orange uniforms were dope imo

There wasnt much action this season mostly due to the fact it seemed it focused more on character development - which they did really well

One thing im gonna really miss this season is the OP and ED - Esp the ED, such an amazing bop :,)

Apr 3, 2020 3:09 PM

Dec 2011
vivi-kun said:

Omds bro i thought i was the only one who heard it, sounds so similar lmaooo
Apr 3, 2020 3:21 PM
Oct 2019
Felt like a bit of a slow season for me, esepecially coming off that amazing third season, though it really started to get going towards the end. Hyped for the next season!
Apr 3, 2020 3:33 PM

Mar 2020
Nooo! Why they ended this court that why?? That's too cruel!
It was refreshing to see them in orange uniforms. Hinata's jump was so good, but he forgot to hit the ball lol
Overall, it was a good season 8/10
See you in July!
Apr 3, 2020 3:35 PM

Mar 2020
vivi-kun said:

I heard that too lol
Apr 3, 2020 4:15 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was a terrible place to stop. I know it's a split cour and all but seriously in the middle of a game? Why even start a new one with 5 minutes left of the season lol
Apr 3, 2020 4:20 PM

May 2016
My fav scene : you are more annoying now like an orange xD

Damn I don't like how Hinata miss those great jumps I think he is not at that stage anymore.

can't wait till July so gonna read the manga 9/10 not as good as S3 tho.

vivi-kun said:

Yup it seems so.
Apr 3, 2020 4:23 PM
Jan 2019
AHHHHHHH
As a manga reader, I can't tell you how fucking EXCITED I was for Inarizaki's introduction. AND BOY DID THEY DELIVER

The anime managed to PERFECTLY capture the sense of unease and dread that Inarizaki gives off. Karasuno has never gone against a team this strong before, and they really made sure that we realised it. I had waited so long for THAT serve from Atsumu, they really managed to establish him as one of the main forces against Karasuno. The way he just silenced the band... I got chills.

Lmao I liked how they slightly built up to the twin reveal. I'm also REALLY excited to see Osamu in action.

AHHHH WHEN WILL JULY ARRIVE

Apr 3, 2020 4:26 PM

Sep 2012
The other school has an orchestra playing Shippuuden's 3rd Opening for them. Impressive.
Apr 3, 2020 4:46 PM
Mar 2018
MysticShades said:

I wonder how long this match will be in episodes. Probably half of the next season.
I hope it wont take years to make season 6 since its almost certain it wont warp the nationals.

No way, this match will take most of if not the whole second part of season 4 to finish. It's just as long as Shiratorizawa. And even better btw. The pay off for all the build up will be huge.
Apr 3, 2020 4:49 PM

Oct 2017
I'm so goddamn emotionally invested in this I could barely contain myself. Next season can't come sooner.
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Apr 3, 2020 5:09 PM

Nov 2015
damn, that last jump, I like how Hinata is improving just by watching others

fuck cliffhangers, just give us more episodes already reeee, 3 months of waiting is too much
Apr 3, 2020 5:44 PM
Mar 2015
Hinaa forgot to hit it
Apr 3, 2020 5:59 PM

Jun 2007
That was freaking great!
Thou I'm so sad that I won't have my weekly dose of Haikyuu during the quarantine anymore :'(

I honestly did not see the twins thing coming.. The entire team from the opponent side got one heck of an introduction thou! It makes me very hyped for next season! Specially with the twins playing together and all of them being aware of how Karasuno is always changing.

That jump!!! Oh my Gosh YEES! It made me so happy to see everyone's reactions.. from Kageyama, the rest of the team, the opponents, the new little giant and Bokuto! (I'm guessing Nekoma is playing at the moment?)... and of course! Hinata's reaction gave me a great big laugh. I replayed that scene multiple times.
It was an amazing way to end it! I will probably re-watch this season (or all seasons) before the upcoming one in summer (:

Oooor maybe pick up the manga (:

Oh! One last thing.. their freaking fans and cheering section thou -____-
I haaaate bad sportsmanship like that.. I really hope they tone their BOOs down in the next season...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2020

84 by Remotepaper »»
Jan 20, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2020

73 by Cammell »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.