Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2020 10:27 AM

Jul 2012
This makes no sense. Only 1 episode got aired and people are writing reviews about it and rating it a 10... Some dude even said:

"Character: (10/10): Altought this is the fist episode I know that in this season we will have a great cast of characters."

Just because you read the source and liked it doesn't mean you should rate the anime adaptation the same way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 1, 2020 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Shadzzo said:
This makes no sense. Only 1 episode got aired and people are writing reviews about it and rating it a 10... Some dude even said:

"Character: (10/10): Altought this is the fist episode I know that in this season we will have a great cast of characters."

Just because you read the source and liked it doesn't mean you should rate the anime adaptation the same way.

Do press da report button, easyyyyy.
Apr 1, 2020 10:30 AM

May 2018
These reviews will be deleted anyway once the whole of the anime has been aired, besides, who actually reads to MAL reviews and takes them seriously? MAL reviews have always been irreverent
Apr 1, 2020 10:31 AM
Jul 2015
Agreed....WHY! This is why MAL ratings tend to be so off in the first place.
Apr 1, 2020 10:36 AM

Jul 2012
Seijatachiiii said:
These reviews will be deleted anyway once the whole of the anime has been aired, besides, who actually reads to MAL reviews and takes them seriously? MAL reviews have always been irreverent

Not that i take them serious or anything but it is just stupid lmao.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2020 10:39 AM

Jan 2016
It's only a matter of time before haters are gonna go and give this a 1 and downrate this so why is this a problem now?

Obviously it's a problem but for once it's the opposite while normally people downrate good shows like Gintama and Chihahyafuru before the mods have to delete the negative users
Apr 1, 2020 10:43 AM

Jul 2019
FireFistYK said:
It's only a matter of time before haters are gonna go and give this a 1 and downrate this so why is this a problem now?

Obviously it's a problem but for once it's the opposite while normally people downrate good shows like Gintama and Chihahyafuru before the mods have to delete the negative users

That would happen if people are triggered by this anime or the fans of this series. Plus, the reviews are going to get removed anyway.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 1, 2020 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
Lmaoo, them fanboys getting payed by Crunchyroll to write reviews.

EDIT: Or they have shit taste, idk, one of the two.
Apr 1, 2020 10:54 AM

Jul 2019
El-Random said:

Yeah, the people that wrote their reviews on this anime already has only seen this anime, or very few.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 1, 2020 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Shadzzo said:
This makes no sense. Only 1 episode got aired and people are writing reviews about it and rating it a 10...

This happens with every anime and yes, it doesn't make sense at all. I think these people just want attention and it would be better if MAL didn't allow to "review" or score until the second half (at least for 1 and 2 cour anime)
removed-userApr 1, 2020 11:18 AM
Apr 1, 2020 11:20 AM

May 2019
I love Tower of God with all my heart but people need to calm down ffs. Those long-ass reviews only make me facepalm.

Starlight said:
Shadzzo said:
This makes no sense. Only 1 episode got aired and people are writing reviews about it and rating it a 10...

This happens with every anime and yes, it doesn't make sense at all. I think these people just want attention and it would be better if MAL didn't allow to "review" or score until the second half (at least for 1 and 2 cour anime)

I agree. There's obviously not enough material to be reviewed.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 1, 2020 11:21 AM

Oct 2018
They will be deleted soon. You are not allowed to write review after 1 episode
Apr 1, 2020 11:30 AM

Mar 2017
This is something that's really pissing me off; people keep scoring and reviewing anime after A SINGLE EPISODE. Like, what are you basing your score and opinion on?! Appare-Ranman has one episode too and people have scored it low and given it really average reviews. That's why I don't trust the ratings and reviews on this site... people are so biased in how they review.

Rant over, sorry! It's just so frustrating.
Apr 1, 2020 11:51 AM
Apr 2018
Shadzzo said:

yeah they are not logical, they have problems :/
Apr 1, 2020 11:56 AM
Nov 2015
Well hater gonna hate soon or later.

Trash group of people in MAL community SMH.
Apr 1, 2020 12:04 PM

Feb 2018
goddamn, let people enjoy things. Mods will delete them anyways.
Apr 1, 2020 12:22 PM
Feb 2018
I wish the mid I just watched was half as good as those reviews say it is
Apr 1, 2020 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Shadzzo said:

I guess he read the web toon and really liked the characters I don't see why they wouldn't be the same in the anime. It is kinda weird that people are already reviewing the anime and giving it a score, but don't make this a big deal the MAL rating doesn't have any effect on you regardless. I don't get why people care so much for them. If I like something I like it even if the score is low, and there are some anime that I don't really like that have really high scores, but I don't bitch about it, cause it doesn't make any difference for me.
removed-userApr 1, 2020 12:30 PM
Apr 1, 2020 12:54 PM
Feb 2020
people are just rating it based of the manhwa. Instead of rating the anime's ONE EPISODE they should post their reviews there.
Apr 1, 2020 1:06 PM

Jul 2019
Notifications said:
people are just rating it based of the manhwa. Instead of rating the anime's ONE EPISODE they should post their reviews there.

yup, these nerds just assume that the adaptation would be just as good as the manhwa. Lol, I'm not even pissed, I'm just enjoying it as this unfolds.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 1, 2020 1:10 PM
Mar 2015
Shadzzo said:

Something tells me half of them are written by the same fangirls that made the anime trend on twitter just because the op and ed are by a random kpop group. Yuck
Apr 1, 2020 1:12 PM

Mar 2018
All top four are 10/10s. It is ridiculous.

Luckily, all the reviews are soon going to be removed and this thread is probably going to get locked.
Apr 1, 2020 1:19 PM

Jul 2019
1Kyo said:
I wrote a review already, so I suppose it is someone like me who's at question here.

You can perfectly review a single episode of a show. If that didn't make sense, it also wouldn't make sense to comment on episode discussion threads. Everyone who comments on the episode there is also "reviewing" the episode, although probably not as thoroughly as an actual review. A review is easier to find and can be updated as future episodes are released.

Here is the point: Writing a review after seeing one episode is not practical. It doesn't matter if you liked the show or not.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 1, 2020 1:27 PM

May 2016
1Kyo said:
I wrote a review already, so I suppose it is someone like me who's at question here.

You can perfectly review a single episode of a show. If that didn't make sense, it also wouldn't make sense to comment on episode discussion threads. Everyone who comments on the episode there is also "reviewing" the episode, although probably not as thoroughly as an actual review. A review is easier to find and can be updated as future episodes are released.

That's not really how this works though, your review of the episode should be in the episode discussion with the rest of them. The review is going to get deleted for a reason. All it's doing is adding to the mods' workload
Apr 1, 2020 1:35 PM

Jul 2019
1Kyo said:
-Blue_Bird- said:
That's not really how this works though, your review of the episode should be in the episode discussion with the rest of them. The review is going to get deleted for a reason. All it's doing is adding to the mods' workload

I've never written a review after only one episode, so I'm not sure if they actually delete the reviews before the next episode is released. Because the idea is to update the review once more episodes are released. If that doesn't work, then there'd be no reason for MAL to permit reviews until at least two episodes are released.

Read the guidelines. The guidelines lay out the rules on how many eps needed.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 1, 2020 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
MAL shenanigans as always. I mean this is a pretty hyped up series, so I get.
Apr 1, 2020 1:45 PM

May 2015
People need to stop this nonsensical behavour
My Candies:
Apr 1, 2020 1:50 PM

Jul 2017
1st episode of overly hyped show, 20/10 reviews were bound to happen lol

Seijatachiiii said:

well given how some of the common reviewers write like essay length reviews, I guess they do :P
Apr 1, 2020 2:27 PM
May 2016
El-Random said:

funny comming from someone that has already poorly voted the anime on a 1 episode basis though

you must be payed by the anti-fanboy comittee.
Apr 1, 2020 2:28 PM

Jul 2012
1Kyo said:

If you want your opinion about the first episıde, you can perfectly talk about it or write your review about it in the episode discussion. But writing your opinion in the anime's general review part is basically either you wanting to feel different and get more attention OR trying to hype up the series.
Apr 1, 2020 2:30 PM

Dec 2012
ianis-namikaze said:
El-Random said:

funny comming from someone that has already poorly voted the anime on a 1 episode basis though

Are you checking out the profiles of everyone who dosen't like this show? Lmaoooo stay madd.

Damn right I'm anti-fanboy. Wish I'd be getting paid about it tho.

If people are giving it a 10/10 after episode 1, why can't I score on it?

Apr 1, 2020 2:43 PM
May 2019
FireFistYK said:

ok i agree with what you are saying but your example of gintama is invalid because yes it is a good show but the reviews make it out to be god incarnated as an anime and worship it and i barely see any haters there. I agree with the reviews being like this though
Apr 1, 2020 2:48 PM

Apr 2019
AcelyK said:
I wish the mid I just watched was half as good as those reviews say it is

It's only episode in, while I cannot guarantee your enjoyment of the rest of the series, I enjoyed it.
Apr 1, 2020 2:52 PM

Apr 2019
El-Random said:
ianis-namikaze said:

Are you checking out the profiles of everyone who dosen't like this show? Lmaoooo stay madd.

Damn right I'm anti-fanboy. Wish I'd be getting paid about it tho.

If people are giving it a 10/10 after episode 1, why can't I score on it?

It's to expect from overhype and stuff, not even the manwha is rated properly in MAL but it's around the 7.50-8.50 overall, (imo at the very least)
Besides, reviews on any 1 cour anime based on a first episode will be deleted.
Apr 1, 2020 2:58 PM

May 2015
I wonder if the people complaining about the 10/10 reviews will also complain about the inevitable 1/10 reviews? 🤔

Apr 1, 2020 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
Will
TsukuyomiREKT said:
I wonder if the people complaining about the 10/10 reviews will also complain about the inevitable 1/10 reviews? 🤔

Will they be written by 1 episode watchers as well?

FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Apr 1, 2020 3:04 PM

Oct 2013
Fanboys fanboying, nothing new.
Apr 1, 2020 3:05 PM

May 2015
Fabris said:
Will
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Will they be written by 1 episode watchers as well?

That's what I mean. I guarantee they'll start popping up soon.

Apr 1, 2020 4:18 PM
Jun 2017
It's a Crunchyrool Original
And this is MAL, a rating site that allows you to score an anime if they deem you worthy. MAL also seems to have a connection to Crunchyrool. They will only delete the inevitable bad scores/reviews and "fix" the score far above what it should be.
Apr 1, 2020 4:31 PM
May 2016
Guys don't you find it ridiculous? I was going to watch this now I no longer want because it's korean k fans ruined reviews & made the anime trend from the first ep? Ew it's not some kpop group what the heck ? While gintama & sooooo much better animes are down hell I won't say much before watching but anime community is contagious right now they ruined every thing
Apr 1, 2020 4:34 PM

Dec 2018
Early reviews generally get deleted soon anyway for this reasons. I think reviews only stay up if you watch somewhere around half of the episodes.
Apr 1, 2020 4:44 PM
Oct 2019
You right, I just saw some reviews. But don't worry, it will deleted by Review Moderator.
Apr 1, 2020 4:50 PM

Dec 2013
I'm just laughing of joy, I really wanted this anime and this first episode was awesome, I can understand some people reviewing it already lol
Apr 1, 2020 4:54 PM
Jun 2017
Hazll said:
Joatiti said:
It's a Crunchyrool Original
And this is MAL, a rating site that allows you to score an anime if they deem you worthy. MAL also seems to have a connection to Crunchyrool. They will only delete the inevitable bad scores/reviews and "fix" the score far above what it should be.

nice rumors you're spreading there

What part? The censorship of votes? Really?
Apr 1, 2020 9:56 PM

Jan 2018
How in the actual real life fuck is this already in the top 300
Apr 1, 2020 10:22 PM

May 2013
I guess Tower of God is that show of the season.

*shrugs*

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Apr 1, 2020 11:19 PM
Oct 2018
Shadzzo said:

Reviews here are not meant to be taken seriously anyway. Usually it's a bunch of people absolutely hating on a series or fanboying it like crazy.
Apr 2, 2020 1:11 AM

Nov 2013
Fanboys gotta fanboy.

And they also didn't read the review guidelines.
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 2, 2020 1:32 AM
Oct 2019
Tsunshine-Chris said:
How in the actual real life fuck is this already in the top 300
They spam their account to upvote it
Apr 2, 2020 2:38 AM

Jul 2013
A lot of anime get reviews with only 1-2 episodes, even recommendations. Pretty weird that you chose to hate on this specific anime and not in the others. Go on a crusade and report all the recommendations and reviews of all "airing" anime. This just shows how hateful, petty, and subjective you are.

I for one loved the web manhwa, loved the first episode, and whatever you say won't change that. I'll just continue enjoying what I like, and you continue hating everything instead of enjoying things. We both win.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

336 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

591 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 3:12 AM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

16 by Madhukar13g »»
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

459 by TayWilliams »»
Mar 7, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

456 by Kira_ga_Kiru »»
Feb 23, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.