Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2020 4:42 AM

Mar 2019
I binged demon slayer a few days ago and overall it's pretty solid, not anything crazy. But man.....i love zenitsu lmao. A lot of people find him annoying... maybe im insane.

i should add he isn't my favourite character of all time and he does have his flaws, but he is one of those characters where i literally only look forward to his fights in the show.
-Andre-Nov 12, 2020 8:16 PM
potato
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 1, 2020 4:44 AM

Apr 2019
He's funny but he's not my favorite character.
Apr 1, 2020 4:46 AM

Sep 2015
AndreT said:
I binged demon slayer a few days ago and overall it's pretty solid, not insane. But man.....i love zenitsu lmao. Everyone else finds him annoying... maybe I'm just insane

I do, favourite character with tomioka

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Apr 1, 2020 4:47 AM

May 2016
He is low-key my favorite KnY character. I guess I just relate to him being scared all the time. Most people just can't get over the screaming, but after enough shonens I got used to that archetype.

Nov 2011
People should once they read the manga.

Nov 2019
I hate his character. Period.
But if theres character development for him in the future.. maybe i’ll change my mind.
Sep 2017
You are not the only one, he has a great character development despite being annoying. It gets even better later onward, you will love him even more.
Apr 1, 2020 4:49 AM

Apr 2015
He ruins just about every scene when he is having a hysterical breakdown, which is over half of his scenes.
Apr 1, 2020 4:54 AM

Jun 2016
I really like it when Monitsu gets hurt.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 1, 2020 4:57 AM

Apr 2016
I think he's incredibly annoying now but, if he stop to scream every time he's on the screen, I can hope he can become a decent character in some way some day. I don't know if it's possible, anyway. Sorry Zenitsu xD
Apr 1, 2020 4:58 AM

Sep 2013
I really disliked him at first (I watched the anime first, and found the constant hysterics annoying) but after reading the manga & seeing his character developed more I disliked him less lmao. Still wouldn’t call him my favourite character though.
Apr 1, 2020 5:15 AM

Oct 2019
No, not personally. His screaming wuss personality trait isn't really that funny.
Manga zenitsu is better imo.
Apr 1, 2020 5:15 AM

Mar 2020
If it wasn't for Zenitsu and Inosuke I might have liked the show just a tiny bit more. Nonetheless, the show is fucking garbage.
Apr 1, 2020 5:17 AM

Mar 2020
HectorBlaze said:
I think he's incredibly annoying now but, if he stop to scream every time he's on the screen, I can hope he can become a decent character in some way some day. I don't know if it's possible, anyway. Sorry Zenitsu xD
He won't and this is coming from a manga reader. He never, throughout the series has stopped screaming and when he does it's probably in order to move the plot forward, at fucking random.
Apr 1, 2020 5:25 AM
Dec 2013
Yeah, he's probably my favourite character in the anime.
Apr 1, 2020 5:27 AM

Aug 2019
You're not the only one, pal. His fight scenes are cool as heck and I love he adds more humour to the show. Also his OST is soo goddamn good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njd8zGlhFgs
Apr 1, 2020 5:28 AM

Nov 2018
He ruined the show for me personally
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
Apr 1, 2020 5:29 AM
Nov 2016
Yeap I like him. I mean if the issue is him yelling for other people, Black Clover has someone worse (Asta I'm looking at you) and I got used to that before Demon Slayer.
Apr 1, 2020 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
He used to be my favorite character (now he's 2nd), so yes, I like him a lot
Apr 1, 2020 5:31 AM
Oct 2018
Your insane just kidding in my opinion hes okay but still forgettable
Apr 1, 2020 5:32 AM
Jan 2020
I would say he’s the most underrated DS character. Like yeah, at first in the beginning, he was a little out of hand with the whole I want to marry a girl before I die shit but once you get past that. You’ll see that he’s much more than a annoying simp character. He’s funny as fuck (not as much as the pig though lol) His backstory is dope, it’ll basically show you why he’s the way he is. His abilities are badass. Whenever he shows his abilities, you know it’ll be awesome. Like how can anyone hate him? He honestly has the coolest ability out of everyone on the show so far. (I could be wrong in the near future)

So yeah, I definitely like him a lot as a character and I hope he gets more love. By the way, Zenitsu isn’t even my favorite character (yet). Right now, it’s Tanjirou. He’s just way more developed as a character and is also badass.
Apr 1, 2020 5:33 AM
Dec 2018
I don't think anybody hate him. And he really is a funny character who is still trying to conquer his fear. He is not my fav. character but is an enjoyable character to me.
Apr 1, 2020 5:37 AM

Sep 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion

Dec 2018
Yes, I love him, right now he's my favourite character.

Jan 2018
Yes he isn't the best character especially with his raging hormone but demon slayer is a worthy opponent!
Apr 1, 2020 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
I kinda like him or think he's okay. Still better than Inosuke.
I liked Tanjirou tho. Not that he's becoming one of my favs, but he's really likeable and kind. Nezuko has well... not really that much of personality right now, it's pretty basic, but the story will go on and I think she might develop through it a lot too. Or I hope.
And I hope Zenitsu and Inosuke become more ... bearable.
Apr 1, 2020 6:03 AM

Oct 2017
I really like Zenitsu. He's my favorite male character in the series. He's really funny, and I don't find him to be annoying at all.
Apr 1, 2020 6:04 AM

Aug 2014
Considering 4111 people have him in their favourites list, I'm sure there are more than just you who like him.
Apr 1, 2020 6:14 AM

Mar 2015
My favorite. He's a cute & funny little Pikachu.
Apr 1, 2020 6:33 AM

Dec 2016
He is the second most popular character of the manga base on poll.
Apr 1, 2020 6:36 AM

Jan 2013
Easily the most entertaining character of the crew.
Gonpachirou Kamabokomaru is a bit bland, and Inosuke (while entertaining too) is a bit too pig-headed for my tastes.
Apr 1, 2020 11:06 AM

May 2015
He's fine. His design and skill set is pretty nice albeit one note. Decent backstory and the best part about him is his dynamic with the other two mains. He's just too obnoxious in a lot of cases for him to be anywhere close to one of the better characters and KnY has plenty of them that fit their niche better than him

Apr 1, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2019
I found him annoying at first but I like him now. But as you progress forward, you'll like him more.
Apr 1, 2020 6:31 PM

Oct 2015
He's incredibly annoying. Slightly less annoying in the manga thanks to the lack of audio.
Apr 1, 2020 6:58 PM

Jul 2017
I love Zenitsu, his moments are so badass lol. 2nd only to Tanjiro
Apr 2, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2019
I swear on my 4 piggy bank dollars that once we get more of this series animated and he grows a bit outside of comic relief y'all are gonna bite your tongues

I do admit that the anime, at least the first season, doesn't leave that much of a good impression. Yeah ep 17 was cool, yeah he's funny sometimes. The voice actor does his job so well that his voice annoyed me a lot the first time I watched it. So generally, not a very good character unless you're an auditory masochist.
Even as I first read the manga, he didn't seem that appealing at first.
Then I reread it slower (I was up to the Pillar Training Arc when I reread it), and for some reason now I love this dude.

Maybe it's because I started relating to him so much more, as someone who was a coward most of their childhood, who just found it easier to cry than to face things, a procrastinator at heart, and yet he achieves great things (yeah he's asleep, but the potential and drive is there).
I think he feels things that most people would feel in the world of Demon Slayer, where there are the titular demons, it's just that he's way more vocal about it. Too vocal for some. Aside from fear (AKA what he yells about 80% of the time) he also feels a very strong need for love (the other 20% of yelling), which stem from his backstory of abandonment and such. Shinji 2.0, if you may, in the sense that his cowardice is justified but compared to the rest of characters fueled by such a strong will he just looks like a pussy.
Is he pathetic? Yeah kind of. The guy hides behind literal children from fuck's sake, how low can you get. And the whole marriage thing,, (though in the manga he stops doing that to everyone but Nezuko, and it's shown that he really does care about her in very cute moments some of wHICH WERE CUT FROM THE ANIME,, if someone compares him to Mineta i'm going to flip)

So yeah he's a very flawed character which I really relate to and after some time love so much I'd buy a figure of him if I had a bank acc

oh and
ggggggod is his journey in the manga GOOD and SATISFYING it's just UGH i just can't wait for his shit to be animated ,, not just the [You-know-who] fight which I obviously will wait for 'till I die but also how he grows with the rest of the Kamabokos and aaaa it's so good you guys i don't wanna spoil anything but please give this burnt block of cheese a chance

this has been a very dumb tangent on why this lemon-colored bitch is one of my favourite characters ever and I would say more but this already looks stupid so bye
Apr 6, 2020 9:06 PM
Feb 2019
Nah, Zenitsu is pure garbage, that character almost ruined this good anime for me with his constant bitching and screaming which got out of hand every time he appeared on screen. It's annoying as hell.

He got bearable in the last 2 episodes because he wasn't screaming that much and I actually liked him there, but other than the last 2 episodes, I hate him.

InuLeaf said:
but please give this burnt block of cheese a chance

I'm up to date with the manga and he's definitely less annoying there because we don't have to hear him scream but in the anime this got really out of hand.

I'm willing to give that character a chance if they don't overuse that screaming shtick which they used most of the time for that character. You know what? Zenitsu was actually pretty likable to me in the last 2 episodes because they didn't abuse that screaming bitchy attitude of his. In the last 2 episodes Zenitsu shennanigans worked, that character should have been like that from the beginning.
Resus-2Apr 6, 2020 9:16 PM
Apr 7, 2020 2:40 AM
Dec 2016
He made me drop the show at one point because of how obnoxiously annyoing he was. Hated every second he was one screen. I only picked the show back up again becuase of how explosivly popualr episode 19 became, and wanted to see what the hype was about. From that point to the end, he only just became barely tolerable for me.
Apr 7, 2020 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
Literally the 2nd most popular character and arguably THE most popular in Japan. You'll get more actual responses asking for those who hate him.
Apr 7, 2020 3:09 AM

Dec 2018
Imo Zenitsu is the anime version of Jar Jar Binks , and thats a insult towards Jar Jar,,,,,

He screams then cry then its repeat over and over

And for me he is one of the most irritating characters ever created, and one the biggest reason I gave that anime 5/10 instead of 8/10

But in my book all the male characters in that are a damn mess

Yuri-CrusaderApr 8, 2020 5:01 AM
Apr 10, 2020 7:55 PM
Oct 2009
AndreT said:
I binged demon slayer a few days ago and overall it's pretty solid, not insane. But man.....i love zenitsu lmao. Everyone else finds him annoying... maybe I'm just insane

I like him he is the funny one, and when asleep he is kinda formidable. Also liked the girl who said she was a coward.
Apr 11, 2020 7:19 AM
May 2015
Yuri-Crusader said:
Imo Zenitsu is the anime version of Jar Jar Binks , and thats a insult towards Jar Jar,,,,,

He screams then cry then its repeat over and over

And for me he is one of the most irritating characters ever created, and one the biggest reason I gave that anime 5/10 instead of 8/10

But in my book all the male characters in that are a damn mess

Dumb comparison. Zenitsu is one of the most popular/loved characters in the series and actually has depth and development unlike Jar Jar

Never understood the vocal minority and their ridiculous hate for Zenitsu.
Apr 18, 2020 5:35 PM
Apr 2020
At first I don't like him so much because he's to whiney for me. But as i progress in the manga i quite like him. Nice character development.
Mochizuki-07Apr 18, 2020 5:49 PM
Apr 18, 2020 5:40 PM

Mar 2019
It's ironic that I think Zenitsu is the most tolerable char. in that anime tbh, at least better than that plain a$$ Tanjiro.
Apr 18, 2020 5:52 PM
Feb 2017
Zenitsu is one of the worst characters in the show.

Yuri-Crusader said:

lmfao that's actually too spot on.
May 18, 2020 9:55 AM
Nov 2019
I have patience and I have read all of your comments. And...oh man, this is getting confusing:)))) There are so many who hate him and yet he is the second most popular character in the series:)))

Okay, so, here is my opinion.
I ADORE HIM! :)) I actually have some merchandise of Zenitsu and I plan to search for a nice-sized figure or nanoblock of him asap :))) I mean, yeah, he is annoying, very annoying, but this what it makes him so popular and this proves that Shimono Hiro is a great voice actor. I understand that you guys don't really like his personality, that he's a crybaby, but he's very anxious actually and doesn't really realize that he's quite powerful. He knows just the first form of Thunder Breathing Style and yet he masters it. Don't be so harsh on him, guys, at least he's trying his best in the series:))

SweetJodieMay 20, 2020 1:41 AM
May 18, 2020 10:22 AM

Apr 2020
I have the stupidest sense of humour and I still couldn't find Zenitsu anything but annoying. He is not a bad character per se, he has more personality than Tanjirou but he is a terrible comedic relief.
May 18, 2020 1:58 PM

Aug 2016
Yes. There are plenty of 12 year olds out there that I'm sure just think he is the most hilarious thing ever.

Just refer to that small sample size popularity poll that his fans bring up constantly.
May 18, 2020 2:15 PM

Jan 2009
ye i like Zenitsu more than Inosuke at least, ye he is annoying and pathetic pervert but when push comes to shove he is badass

also polls says Zenitsu is the top rank lol
May 18, 2020 3:06 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Hmm Zenitsu adds variation to characters, also there is this thing called character development.
If he only appears in only one or two episodes of anime I would be annoyed of him too, good thing he appeared more for me to like him enough later.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.