whiny annoying MC (bnha, fate mcs)
sad/open endings
Mar 10, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2009
people memeing up the show while I'm watching it
people being too loud so I can't hear the sound effects/music/dialogue
people cutting out the OP and/or ED

So yeah, now you know how to annoy me.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 10, 2020 10:12 AM

Dec 2018
-The entire world ends and everyone dies
-Stupid romance rivalry between “the childhood friend” and “the new love interest”
-Excessive ass pulling without explanation
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Mar 10, 2020 10:14 AM

Dec 2016
Introduction of an annoying character
Inclusion of distracting fanservice or ecchi in non-ecchi shows
Shows betraying their initial premise

On the top of my head right now
Mar 10, 2020 10:14 AM

Mar 2020
Small sized subs
choppy frames
poor bgs
Mar 10, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2018
There are only two things for me and those are absence of Humanity and Wisdom.

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Mar 10, 2020 10:15 AM
Mar 10, 2020 10:19 AM

Jul 2019
- buffering
- bad subs
- more buffering
Mar 10, 2020 10:21 AM

Jun 2012
When someone suddenly calls me
When I'm feeling hungry
Gay scenes
Mar 10, 2020 10:21 AM

Jul 2016
Mary sues/Gary stus
Contrived Melodrama
Misunderstandings(tends to go hand in hand with the contrived melodrama)
Mar 10, 2020 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Incomplete adaptations
Long delays during seasonal airing
Incomplete adaptations
Mar 10, 2020 10:32 AM
Apr 2016
Attempts to create a meaningless tear-jerker - the industry is getting slowly buried in matter over mind, in immediate sensation which is ephemeral and valueless. A lot of "popular" series are trying to force this reaction from its viewers, instead of providing interesting narratives and introducing people to concepts which will ultimately lead to the very same joyous or sorrowful reaction, however in a more refined way and through meaningful, meticulously devised scenes and happenings.

Overpowered characters without any flaws attached to them - a character which is somehow the most powerful in the world... is an end game character. Like Naruto post all the suffering and sacrifice. However, when such a character exists without having gone through what Naruto has, and the series is supposed to go somewhere, then the problem becomes clear - the development is an illusion. There is also One Punch Man, where the main character is the strongest known being. However, he is utterly apathetic and has no idea what to do with his life (before he starts meeting new friends and comrades) and as a result spends his daily life playing games and reading comics. That is a proper way to represent a powerful character - many strengths, several weaknesses.

Preposterous presentation of Love - Japanese language has different words for what poor English is forced to encompass into the collective "love". Koi (affection), ren'ai (romantic love), jin'ai (benevolence/platonic love). Ai (Love). All of these mean different things which, on a human level, have different implications in the interpersonal interactions. And despite having a word for it, love is still something scientifically inexplicable to the humans. HOWEVER, being mindful of these differences of the meaning, some Japanese "creators" nevertheless decide to present it badly - equating koi and ren'ai to Ai on the linguistic level, pretending romantic "love" is the same as the real love. Within their weak, irresponsible narratives they create a fantasy which is not re-produced in the reality. Ultimately rendering their stories nothing more but hardly believable tales. In worst cases, self-serving essays into "what my perfect life should have looked like".
Re:formed
Mar 10, 2020 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
Casual molestation (like all the boob groping scenes)
Really big asspulls
First girl always the winner (usually, sometimes I actually prefer them to be the winner)
Mar 10, 2020 10:57 AM

Oct 2015
Everyone being str8

Not enough manservice

Female characters acting too innocent and pure.
Mar 10, 2020 11:02 AM

Aug 2018
Soppy mc
Something calling or yelling at me
When I have to go toilet.
Mar 10, 2020 11:04 AM

Jun 2012
Nuggey said:

Need recommendations for anime where that happens.
Shoot first, think never.
Mar 10, 2020 11:06 AM

Jan 2018
Lack of sword art online anime
Lack of isekai
Lack of kimetsu no yaiba

kirito!! <3 <3 <3
Mar 10, 2020 11:12 AM

Oct 2018
Overly apologetic characters
A lot of dialogue (if it’s done right like Spice and Wolf then I love it)
Shounen cliches
Mar 10, 2020 11:13 AM

Oct 2015
horridhendy said:
Orhunaa said:
Everyone being str8

When problems in anime mimic problems in real life...

This is so painfully true...

oh well
Mar 10, 2020 11:14 AM

Aug 2018
Surprise yuri/yuri bait in otherwise wholesome shows not in the yuri genre

MC who is always right and good and everyone who is not MC or part of his harem is wrong because they're bad

incomplete adaptations
Mar 10, 2020 11:20 AM

Sep 2018
deus ex machina
generic overused tropes
underdeveloped everything (story characters, world etc.)

This only counts for show that i actually treat seriously, i care about other things when watching trashy shows just for the fun of it. Some things i can't stand in those shows are:

actually trying to do something with the story
focus on sideplots that are not as funny as the main one

horridhendy said:
Orhunaa said:
Everyone being str8

When problems in anime mimic problems in real life...

May i ask why thats a problem in both real life and anime, good troll tho :)
Mar 10, 2020 11:23 AM

Apr 2018
Haunt-bot said:
Nuggey said:

The only ones i can think of right now are Devilman Crybaby, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Space Runaway Ideon.
Mar 10, 2020 11:25 AM

Dec 2018
Haunt-bot said:
Nuggey said:

I would look through this thread for those kinds of recommendations
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=275784
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Mar 10, 2020 11:30 AM

Dec 2019
Slow MC development

Annoying (i know it all and im right) characters

hmm as for third i don't really have anything else so thats all.
                                                         πŸ–€   

Mar 10, 2020 11:34 AM

Aug 2018
Gary Stus/Mary Sues.Any OP character without flaws.

Harem where the main girl is decided from the very first episode.What's the point of harem.And any harem which relies heavily on ecchi tropes.

Endings that say'"Fuck you and go read the source material".
Mar 10, 2020 11:38 AM

Feb 2015
-Main character being a pushover.
-When a character explains their techniques or starts a long-winded monologue to their opponent in the midst of battle.
-One-sided love.
Mar 10, 2020 11:41 AM
Jul 2019
Harem
Annoying mc
Unnecessary echhi scenes
Mar 10, 2020 11:45 AM

Aug 2018
DizzyBunnies said:
-harem
-mc "accidentally" falls on girl mc and "accidentally" touches her boobs
-unnecessary panty shots

Harishnetam said:
Harem
Annoying mc
Unnecessary echhi scenes

Why are you guys watching harem and ecchi shows when you already know you won't like them...?
Mar 10, 2020 11:51 AM
Jul 2019
epidemia78 said:
DizzyBunnies said:
-harem
-mc "accidentally" falls on girl mc and "accidentally" touches her boobs
-unnecessary panty shots

Harishnetam said:
Harem
Annoying mc
Unnecessary echhi scenes

Why are you guys watching harem and ecchi shows when you already know you won't like them...?

Ecchi i mean when they sexualize female character for no reason
There are anime which has echhi scene even tho they're not labeled as ecchi anime like code geass
Mar 10, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2015
-accidental molestation/panty shots etc.
-overly clingy characters
-bad sound design
Mar 10, 2020 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
- Bad visuals (I mean animation)
- Incomplete adaptation of the anime from its manga
- Censorship
Mar 10, 2020 12:03 PM

Oct 2018
- Incomplete adaptation of the anime from its manga as stated by the user above me.

- Terrible sound quality.

- No ecchi scenes.

ァディスティックγͺθ€ƒγˆ
"JUST KILL ME."
γ‚΅γƒ‡γ‚£γ‚Ήγƒ†γ‚£γƒƒγ‚―γƒžγ‚€γƒ³γƒ‰
Mar 10, 2020 12:27 PM

Sep 2017
- Asspulls

- Weak MCs

- Terrible subs

Spanish is my mother tongue, and it's infuriating when translators just translate slang or 'false friends' without considering the context.

Mar 10, 2020 12:29 PM

Jun 2019
The clueless/dense people in romance anime that don't pick up on anything and end up causing problems for themselves and everyone around them in the process.

The girl from Kimi ni Todoke, the girl from Orange, etc. Biggest pet peeve.

EDIT: Oh. 3 things.

Making elements of a story, or even the whole thing (looking at you Evangelion) vague on purpose even though it's quite simple in hindsight.

Bad/open endings after an otherwise stellar show.
NickRedMachineMar 10, 2020 12:34 PM

Mar 10, 2020 12:29 PM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
Harems/Open Harem Endings

Open harem endings I especially don't like because I feel like I wasted my time watching. Bad enough harems are pretty much always a bunch of females falling for subpar guys for little to no reason but somehow not a single one of them ever has the courage to confess. (Not all instances) I used to like them but I've grown bitter the longer I've stayed single. So yes, I am salty at all of the harems MCs for their unbelievable luck. Makes my hatred towards them even worse when they refuse to make a choice. lol

People watching with me

I like to watch anime alone. I prefer to not have someone hovering over me and talking when I'm trying to silently watch. I like to absorb everything on my own without outside interference.

Random misunderstandings that end with unjust beatings

Kinda specific here really. I don't mind misunderstandings in shows as a whole. However I do hate the ones that end with Person A getting punched by Person B even though it is very clearly shown to Person B that Person C pushed Person A into the room at the wrong time. That misunderstanding just gets to me every time for no reason.

Another example variation is Person B sees Person C borderline molesting Person A and yet Person B feels it necessary to drop kick Person A and say they're disgusting.
Mar 10, 2020 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
Mountain sized tits
mountain sized tits
lolis/little sisters with high-pitched whiny voices
oh and did I mention mountain sized tits?

All jokes aside, I am serious about the two things on my list. The real third thing would be that annoying "ohoho" laugh. Or as I have dubbed it, the "rich bitch laugh"
FanofActionMar 10, 2020 12:40 PM
Mar 10, 2020 12:50 PM
Jan 2020
People spamming weird stuff unrelated to the show
Massive cliffhangers
Translation errors
Mar 10, 2020 2:04 PM
Aug 2018
Cliche filled writing
One dimensional characters
Boring concept and/or concept execution
Mar 10, 2020 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
- Overwhelmingly loud sound effect, such as in OPM2 or Darwin's Game.
- Characters acting like a retard because there wouldn't be drama or tension otherwise.
- When characters stop doing whatever they're supposed to be doing in a life or death situation, just for the sake of drama, dialogue, or any other trivial reasons. The rooftop scene in S;G0 is the biggest offender of this.
Mar 10, 2020 2:15 PM

Jul 2016
Lazy, nothing light-novel premises
The whole concept of little sister shows, just in general
Poor, soulless productions, like a show that only exists to fill a quota for the season, that no one really wanted to make, but did because people needed to be paid.
Mar 10, 2020 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
- dead butt or what’s even worse - when ass bones start to hurt [if I forget a second cushion];
- can’t get my legs into comfortable position;
- rape scenes, especially the unexpected ones. Like f-cking thank you Berserk, Dororo and Vinland Saga, you ruined my life.

And of course the honorable mention - sexualized minors.
Mar 10, 2020 2:48 PM

Oct 2017
overly large tits, i want to see boobs not tumors
elf ears are a big turnoff sorry boys
recap episodes
Mar 10, 2020 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
Diyeeshe said:
ysphyr said:
- dead butt or what’s even worse - when ass bones start to hurt [if I forget a second cushion];
- can’t get my legs into comfortable position;
- rape scenes, especially the unexpected ones. Like f-cking thank you Berserk, Dororo and Vinland Saga, you ruined my life.

And of course the honorable mention - sexualized minors.

I honestly do not remember Vinland or Dororo having any rape. The closest I remember for Dororo is that girl seliing off her body in order for her and the kids to survive but that is not rape. As for Vinland, I'm gonna assume you mean the manga because the anime did not include rape, only implied.

Vinland Saga had some implied rape, like Askeladd's gang members carrying captive women away. It was disgusting anyway.

As for Dororo - a child forced to sell her body during war, when she literally has no other sources of income was indeed been raped. She was f-cking singing the song during the whole thing not to go mad. Wtf is wrong with you.
Mar 10, 2020 2:54 PM

May 2016
Asspulls where the main character is weak as shit always wins no matter the strength of the enemy.

Stuff which is every movie where stuff happens at the last second like a bullet is a inch away then all of a sudden you are saved right before it hits you... yeah ok sure.

Also when the mc gets embarrassed by every single thing like when he just gets within 2 feet of a female.
Mar 10, 2020 3:05 PM
Dec 2017
Yuuki rito

Orimura ichika

Dense harem MCs. I mean, the really dense one
Mar 10, 2020 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Diyeeshe said:
ysphyr said:

Vinland Saga had some implied rape, like Askeladd's gang members carrying captive women away. It was disgusting anyway.

As for Dororo - a child forced to sell her body during war, when she literally has no other sources of income was indeed been raped. She was f-cking singing the song during the whole thing not to go mad. Wtf is wrong with you.

It is not against her will though since she is gaining something from it (money or other valuable things like food). It's an exchange she is willing to take. Nobody forced her down or blackmailed her. It's disgusting that she has to make that choice and I hated watching that scene too but I can't call it rape, sorry.

Diyeeshe said:
ysphyr said:

It is not against her will though since she is gaining something from it (money or other valuable things like food). It's an exchange she is willing to take. Nobody forced her down or blackmailed her. It's disgusting that she has to make that choice and I hated watching that scene too but I can't call it rape, sorry.

Ah I see what's happening, I got a trial of patience yet again. Truly the gods work in mysterious ways.

I will see myself out of this discussion.
Mar 10, 2020 3:08 PM

Oct 2017
- when one character says another character's name over and over again to the point it's 70% of their dialogue (the most grating example of this for me is "naofumi-sama")

- fight scenes that kinda just happen for no reason other than being exciting

- the feeling that the only thing the animators cared about was the characters' hair waving about
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

23 by alshu »»
11 seconds ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 2 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
28 seconds ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

59 by Daviljoe193 »»
6 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

67 by Gator »»
6 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Today

48 by alshu »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.