Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2020 5:08 AM

Jun 2015
This anime will be made by Re:zero's original creator and girls & panzer, highschool fleet's writer .. what do you think we can expect?
that airplane or that girl is gonna suffer each episode and come back to life again
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Mar 7, 2020 8:14 AM
Sep 2018
Honestly, I'm only hyped because it's Tappei, but I'm sure it will be very good.
Mar 10, 2020 12:35 AM

Oct 2017
I'm looking forward to this one.
Mar 21, 2020 8:39 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Teaser Visual and Character Designs

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1241569815090741248?s=20

July 2020!
_MushiRock11_Mar 21, 2020 8:49 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 26, 2020 1:14 PM

Sep 2014
Wooooh the music is composed by the one behind Shinsekai yori. PTW
Aug 26, 2020 5:40 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
It's nice to see a female cast in an action series instead of a male with a bunch of damsels.
Aug 26, 2020 6:43 PM

Sep 2014
Lolicon said:
It's nice to see a female cast in an action series instead of a male with a bunch of damsels.

Hmm what? This is actually pretty common in anime to have full female cast even in action series. Which I agree with, it's really nice.
Sep 10, 2020 6:03 AM

Feb 2014
Anime original by A-1, huh? may check it out.
Sep 15, 2020 12:36 AM

Jun 2020
This actually sounds pretty generic but let's see
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 15, 2020 5:29 AM
Mar 2020
the trailer looks like Girls un Panzer ripoff. We can call it Girls un Plane
Sep 19, 2020 7:18 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
no, it look like SAO from the cover alone. sasuga A1 Picture
Sep 26, 2020 10:39 PM

Oct 2015
xkazutox said:
xkazutox said:

Omfg lol I'm dying
Oct 2, 2020 12:19 AM

Oct 2010
To me, moe military and girls vs. impersonal malevolent/mechanical lifeforms are well-established, often overlapping genres, which ought to get entries every year. Preferably not generic battle girl shows. More pilot girl shows are needed.

Not getting a full season of Third Aerial Girls Squad will hurt forever. That's why The Magnificent Kotobuki was my most anticipated anime in its season, and the same is true now for Sigrdrifa. And hey, at least this one will be nicer to look at.
Oct 2, 2020 9:01 AM

Apr 2009
nDroae said:
To me, moe military and girls vs. impersonal malevolent/mechanical lifeforms are well-established, often overlapping genres, which ought to get entries every year. Preferably not generic battle girl shows. More pilot girl shows are needed.

Not getting a full season of Third Aerial Girls Squad will hurt forever. That's why The Magnificent Kotobuki was my most anticipated anime in its season, and the same is true now for Sigrdrifa. And hey, at least this one will be nicer to look at.
welp bro for me Sigrdrifa is just like a copycat of Strike Witches and Kouya no Kotobuki rolled into one and for that i would consider this show a pass for me bcoz A-1 pictures
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 2, 2020 9:17 AM

Jun 2020
With Tappei Nagatsuki as a screenwriter, I will expect that this show will bring a great and dark twist just like how Madoka Magica subverts it. Thus, I might need to lower down my expectations since this is an airplane military with possible dangers or any vicious outcomes.

Or probably, this will just become a full light-hearted SoL anime in airplanes.

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Oct 2, 2020 12:26 PM
May 2015
mavericko said:
the trailer looks like Girls un Panzer ripoff. We can call it Girls un Plane
Im going to act like a nerd here and say it should be called "Girls Und Kampfflugzeug", since "Panzer" literally means "Tanks" and so in this case, "Kampfflugzeug" for "Warplanes" ;)

Oct 2, 2020 5:15 PM

Oct 2010
I'd be very much down for an actual Girls und Panzer equivalent with planes, because that would be a sports show with fun, mostly safe contests between rival teams. But that's not what this is.

Prankster_001 said:
welp bro for me Sigrdrifa is just like a copycat of Strike Witches and Kouya no Kotobuki rolled into one

You already said that in the season thread I posted in the CGDCT club. The point of my post here was that shows within established genres are expected to "copy" past shows. People assume it's meaningful enough to say "X ripoff" or "X copycat," when what they should say instead is "I don't want to see new shows like this."

Ignorant people still call PreCure a "Sailor Moon ripoff," not even knowing about the years of mahou shoujo before Sailor Moon. Was Kotobuki not a "copycat" of Idol Defense Force Hummingbird?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2465/Idol_Bouei-tai_Hummingbird
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1233/Aozora_Shoujo-tai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/421/Stratos_4

Azur Lane is a "KanColle ripoff." It's also better than KanColle, aside from the anime.

Source: https://austinkleon.com/2010/02/10/25-quotes-to-help-you-steal-like-an-artist/

Painting A: Girls piloting actual planes. Painting B: Girls fighting generic alien enemies. These two things have never been combined in an anime, outside a 1-episode Shirobako special. That's more than enough novelty for me. I mean, I would also be interested in a direct copy of Kotobuki, but this moreso.

You don't want to see girls piloting fighter planes again, because you've already seen that in one show. That's fine. There's no need to say so repeatedly.
nDroaeOct 2, 2020 5:20 PM
Oct 2, 2020 7:28 PM

Apr 2009
nDroae said:
I'd be very much down for an actual Girls und Panzer equivalent with planes, because that would be a sports show with fun, mostly safe contests between rival teams. But that's not what this is.

Prankster_001 said:
welp bro for me Sigrdrifa is just like a copycat of Strike Witches and Kouya no Kotobuki rolled into one

You already said that in the season thread I posted in the CGDCT club. The point of my post here was that shows within established genres are expected to "copy" past shows. People assume it's meaningful enough to say "X ripoff" or "X copycat," when what they should say instead is "I don't want to see new shows like this."

Ignorant people still call PreCure a "Sailor Moon ripoff," not even knowing about the years of mahou shoujo before Sailor Moon. Was Kotobuki not a "copycat" of Idol Defense Force Hummingbird?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2465/Idol_Bouei-tai_Hummingbird
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1233/Aozora_Shoujo-tai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/421/Stratos_4

Azur Lane is a "KanColle ripoff." It's also better than KanColle, aside from the anime.

Source: https://austinkleon.com/2010/02/10/25-quotes-to-help-you-steal-like-an-artist/

Painting A: Girls piloting actual planes. Painting B: Girls fighting generic alien enemies. These two things have never been combined in an anime, outside a 1-episode Shirobako special. That's more than enough novelty for me. I mean, I would also be interested in a direct copy of Kotobuki, but this moreso.

You don't want to see girls piloting fighter planes again, because you've already seen that in one show. That's fine. There's no need to say so repeatedly.
Lol i will still like Kotobuki than Sigrdrifa bcoz Kotobuki is a plane on plane battle anime on a desert setting like in the wild west while Sigrdrifa is planes fighting Neuroi-like monsters and so the characters of Sigrdrifa were just bland and generic in appearance while in Kotobuki the characters were OK in my book and who would think that Kotobuki lead the defeat of Girly Air Force in the Winter 2019 line-up ( welp the manga of GAF end it's publishing last September 2019 ) i will remain loyal to Kotobuki no matter what
Prankster_001Oct 3, 2020 1:55 AM

Oct 2, 2020 9:09 PM

Oct 2010
@Prankster_001 I'll most likely end up rating this show 7 or 8. I rated Kotobuki 9, maybe a bit excessive, but I loved that show. I always expected it to be better than Girly Air Force. Kotobuki was the new moe military project from Tsutomu Mizushima, director of Girls und Panzer, my favorite anime franchise; obviously I'd have much higher expectations for that than GAF's LN harem.
Oct 3, 2020 2:00 AM

Apr 2009
nDroae said:
@Prankster_001 I'll most likely end up rating this show 7 or 8. I rated Kotobuki 9, maybe a bit excessive, but I loved that show. I always expected it to be better than Girly Air Force. Kotobuki was the new moe military project from Tsutomu Mizushima, director of Girls und Panzer, my favorite anime franchise; obviously I'd have much higher expectations for that than GAF's LN harem.
tbh Mizushima just K.O'ed Ono when it comes to moe military anime bcoz Ono only directed Symphogear and he had a lack of knowledge when it comes to military stuff while Mizushima had a huge knowledge for planes and tanks so Mizushima wins in this duel ( welp this is imaginary only )

Oct 3, 2020 6:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I think, we could have an indicator where this show will go already after today's double-length episode.
Oct 3, 2020 8:30 AM

Oct 2015
Smudy said:
I think, we could have an indicator where this show will go already after today's double-length episode.

And take a look to Tappei tweets ;)
Oct 3, 2020 10:42 AM

Apr 2012
Lolicon said:

Don't know which anime you have been watching, but the majority of the shounen (including the high rated ones) have strong female characters.
To name a few out of the top of my head, Code geass, Shingeki no Kyrojin, Subarashii, SAO, etc..

On average there are more female characters than male in all of anime.
Such a pointless post tbh
FluxjeOct 3, 2020 10:58 AM
Oct 3, 2020 6:02 PM
Jul 2015
Meh, the Re:Zero author is only the scriptwriter and does series composition. Doesn't have as much influence on the story as the director, so it's not really a good metric of deciding whether or not it'll be good.
He's not the director or original creator in this case, so don't expect a story of the same caliber as Re:Zero, because he's not in charge.
Oct 5, 2020 12:20 PM

Oct 2010
Fluxje said:
Lolicon said:

Don't know which anime you have been watching, but the majority of the shounen (including the high rated ones) have strong female characters.

What Hrybami was talking about in his above reply to this was series with primarily female fighters. These are just the ones I've seen, there are many more. (I did lump in a few shows with male characters in the main cast, like SukaSuka... don't think I tagged any harems though.)
nDroaeOct 5, 2020 12:24 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

119 by Flores2412 »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

36 by Gamer715fto »»
May 28, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

67 by Lolicon »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:11 PM

» To remind you about this show, close-up faces SS here~

sharosharo - Mar 15, 2022

2 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 6:57 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

63 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.