Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 26, 2020 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, they wrap up this arc and battle that lasted all these episodes..

It looks like there's the current queen Boudica needs a new queen to take over. Not surprising considering she wants someone to succeed her. This has more of an open ending considering the main story still isn't done. Seth's journey has a lot more to fill.
Feb 26, 2020 4:50 AM
Mar 2017
So no season 3 anytime soon I assume?
Feb 26, 2020 5:17 AM

Jan 2014
pedrobro13 said:

Soon? 2021 or 2022?
kriginFeb 26, 2020 5:21 AM
Feb 26, 2020 6:29 AM

May 2013
Is there more source material for them to work with? The show started rough in the first season but has just gotten better and better since. Really enjoyed this season for the most part.
Feb 26, 2020 6:44 AM

Jan 2012
My life is meaningless now

Feb 26, 2020 6:48 AM

Apr 2010
The anime ends at the end of the tenth volume, the thirteenth one just came out not that long ago, so theres definitely not enough source material for a 3rd season for now

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 26, 2020 7:08 AM

Jul 2017
Seth manages to save Myr from his magical rampage...but the aftermath, let's just say that it's coincidental fate and blessings, one after another. Most importantly, if it wasn't for Seth, Myr wouldn't have survived and lost his sanity.

Myr being half-human isn't so much a mystery, but his experience with humans pretty much were misunderstandings. It's no wonder Myr was mistaken for being the Great Merlin to begin with, as much for a figure idol of worship.

For Dragunov, his plan to separate against the Inquisition is asked in question towards the Infected. What truly is General Torque's way with them, if only there was a Season 3 to answer that it would be great.

At least for Cyfandir and Queen Boudica, this task is not taken lightly, as the danmage itself is quite clear. Quite surprised that she would take Jill's position to continue Myr's legacy.

Ocoho, after being in suspicion for VERY LONG, even if Lord Brangoire saw her light during the war, Queen Boudica made her the next heir, another surprise but not without reason.

With that, Ocoho joins Seth, Melie, Doc and Grimm in their continuous journey to find Radiant in the concievable future (an open-ended ending I suppose).

See you in the near future Radiant! Overall a well conducted sequel to the prequel.

krigin said:
pedrobro13 said:

Soon? 2021 or 2022?

turtleinshell said:
Is there more source material for them to work with? The show started rough in the first season but has just gotten better and better since. Really enjoyed this season for the most part.
Probably, but wait for more manga material to be released before Season 3 is probable.

If anyone's wondering, this last episode ends at only 20+ free chapters of content (end of Volume 10, and translations only up till Volume 12).
KANLen09Feb 26, 2020 6:17 PM
Feb 26, 2020 7:11 AM

Jan 2013
This season was a major improvement as a whole, but I feel like the finale fell a bit flat.
Feb 26, 2020 7:13 AM

Jul 2017
CondemneDio said:
This season was a major improvement as a whole, but I feel like the finale fell a bit flat.

The entirety of the finale was actually from the manfra, so could understand the aspect of an open-ended ending. But still regardless, it was a good way to wrap up this season IMO.
Feb 26, 2020 7:45 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Man I loved this season. I think it was close to the potential I saw in season 1. Lots of dark themes in a fun fantasy world. The story took twists & turns in a way that felt satisfying. I was kinda spoiled on some things but even then I enjoyed what I saw. There were pacing issues & the animation wasn’t always great but I think the story and character arcs make up for it. I wasn’t expecting to like Boudica, but she developed so well (note how she told Melly not to bow).

A few things I want to bring up. Where is Diabal? The mid episode title card asked this too and I’m worried out boy got kidnapped. Also didn’t Doc learn something about Radiant in the library? The Knight Sorcerers once looked for Radiant so would those in Doc’s armor have some memories about the search? What was the significance of that item Melly got? Finally, we still never learned to connection between Grimm & this city.
Feb 26, 2020 8:26 AM

Oct 2017
A good finale and a happy one too. This season was amazing overall. The character development was great and some of the new characters were amazing. Both Baudica and Ocoho are great girls.

Glad to see that Baudica selected Ohcoco as her successor. Also the next adventure will be even more fun now that Ocoho has joined the gang.
Feb 26, 2020 8:50 AM

Apr 2012
i was like "They maked Ocoho the new queen... did they forgot about her curse? cyfandir is doomed" but then she left with the other so i was like, ok that works xD
Feb 26, 2020 9:00 AM

Jun 2019
CondemneDio said:

Because it is, This adaptation is a shame.
Feb 26, 2020 9:02 AM
Jun 2017
Love the final episode... as Ocoho from just dreaming to be a knight to become a queen. Well she deserves it as her decision making really helps them saved their nation.

And now she also can going the group in searching for radiant. Yeah...
Feb 26, 2020 9:13 AM

Jun 2019
ricksed said:

A few things I want to bring up.
Didn’t Doc learn something about Radiant in the library?

The page was ripped away from the book he found.

ricksed said:

The Knight Sorcerers once looked for Radiant so would those in Doc’s armor have some memories about the search?

Don't think so, those one most likely didn't looked for the Radiant.

ricksed said:

What was the significance of that item Melly got?

A sacred ornement.

ricksed said:

Finally, we still never learned to connection between Grimm & this city.

Grimm was looking for Magosia's memory stone...
Feb 26, 2020 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
I'm going to miss this show, it has flaws ofc but still quite enjoyable, such a lighthearted. Ocoho and Dracoon became part of the group too so I really hope there is a S3 .
Feb 26, 2020 11:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not gonna say it's bad but after 42 episodes I think i'm fed up with this show
Feb 26, 2020 12:26 PM
Oct 2019
Damn i really liked this anime, gotta wait a couple years now for s3?
Feb 26, 2020 2:30 PM

Mar 2009
Most importantly this episode we learnt that brangoire has 6 breasts, 4 possibly hidden under his beard.
Feb 26, 2020 5:43 PM
Dec 2017
Here to give some bit of information about a potential season 3 :
I think they won't stop here, and it's likely they make a third season, but I don't expect it to be soon.
The 13th volume of the manga came out at the end of January, and we usually have ~2 volumes a year.
Season 2 adapted approximatively from volume 5 to volume 10, which makes 5 volumes per season (which is quite a good average).

According to what I just wrote, we'll have to wait at least a year so that they have enough material to adapt the "Domitor ark" (and even after 3 volumes it's still the beginning of the arc in the manga).
I think they'll take around another year to adapt it, so we can probably expect the third season (if there is one) to be aired in 2022, and probably in automn 2022 since it's the season they usually air Radiant.

(Not a big surprise given that the time between season 1 and season 2 was 2 years but I think it's better if someone explains)
Feb 26, 2020 11:18 PM

Apr 2018
I don't think this anime was bad, but it wasn't good either.

The biggest thing that I have a problem with are the battles. I understand this is based off the manga but I'm going off the anime. The first season really only gave us one decent battle between Seth and Konrad. With season two, there weren't any stand out battles. Big letdown for me. If this is how it went in the manga as well, the manga doesn't seem like it'd hold up either.

The only smidgen of good in this season were the character relationships, kind of. Enjoyed the build up between Myr and Seth as well as Ocoho. Didn't like that Melie was basically an after thought.

Also didn't like the sprinkle of politics scattered throughout this season and season one as well.

Overall I gave this season a 5/10
Feb 27, 2020 1:15 AM
Jan 2018
Well yet another awful adaptation of a manga that's actually quite good. Lerche always seem to drop the ball when it actually matters nowadays.
Even though it followed the source a bit more accurately than the first season, it still wasn't much of an improvement as the animation, direction, voice casting, soundtracks, pacing, censorship, cultural appropriation and lack of any actual care for what they're adapting caused this to be an absolute failure. Hopefully they don't pick up Radiant for another season when there's enough content. They clearly can't handle it. This should've been a Bones show from the beginning.
2/10 at a stretch.
AnimaniaigFeb 27, 2020 1:22 AM
Feb 27, 2020 7:09 AM
Sep 2015
Draccoon is alive? I thought it died.
Feb 27, 2020 7:35 AM

Jun 2019
phantomfandom said:

He got stabbed in the shoulder, nothing critical.
Feb 27, 2020 8:31 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Julianfoxy said:
ricksed said:

A few things I want to bring up.
Didn’t Doc learn something about Radiant in the library?

The page was ripped away from the book he found.

ricksed said:

The Knight Sorcerers once looked for Radiant so would those in Doc’s armor have some memories about the search?

Don't think so, those one most likely didn't looked for the Radiant.

ricksed said:

What was the significance of that item Melly got?

A sacred ornement.

ricksed said:

Finally, we still never learned to connection between Grimm & this city.

Grimm was looking for Magosia's memory stone...

Thank you. I forgot the page was ripped out. Wonder if that sacred ornament will be important later. I hope the next arc will go into Grimm’s story more and why he wants that memory stone. But maybe it’s too soon.
Feb 27, 2020 9:41 AM

Mar 2016
Ashhk said:
Not gonna say it's bad but after 42 episodes I think i'm fed up with this show

Same. What also annoys me right is that it has yet to be listed as “Finished Airing”, so I can’t permanently list it “Completed” until the mods approve the edits (dunno why it’s taking them so damn long).
Feb 27, 2020 10:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Quite the uneventful finale, but a fairly tidy one nonetheless.

A little more on Myr’s past this episode. Quite the father he must’ve had, I’ve to say. Having to go through years in solitude sure sounds tough. And then that final song with Jill in mind, yup that really hurt.

A little unclear on the whole Myr’s child under the Queen’s care bit though. I got the whole “1/4th human” bit but what exactly is she going to do with her “big belly” here?

Anyway, Queen Boudica’s next-in-line being Ocoho was no surprise at all for me, I could see that coming from a long way ahead honestly. Some priceless reactions there though and hats off to the General for spilling out such an unusual curse somewhere alone the conversation too, lol.

Didn’t think Ocoho would be encouraged to go on an adventure right afterwards though, that’s very nice of the Queen. Having the experience of travelling around the world must’ve its merits, I imagine.

Capt. Dragunov, meanwhile, looking to make a compromise, I’m guessing, is very courageous of him but I fear that he might just be digging himself a grave. Well, hopefully it’s all for naught at the end of the day. I’m surprised he didn’t consider rescuing his former partner from jail though, is he just not aware of it?

Short little Grimm moment too, I wonder what the Magosia’s momery stone is all about. But whatever, off they go in search of the Radiant.

Overall, this was a fine arc for me as a whole. Personally, I much prefer the Rumble Town Arc. Politics’ side of things was handled quite loosely here in my opinion so much of the development during the earlier to mid bits of the season ‘meh’. Somehow, the resolution of the big war didn’t really impress me much either, unlike the Rumble Town Arc which ended on a high.

Will settle for a well-deserved 6/10 nevertheless (I still enjoyed this a fair amount after all), and here’s to hoping we’ll get to see more sequel animated content of this when possible.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 27, 2020 10:21 PM

Oct 2008
Finally finished S2 of Radiant and they still haven't found any clue of what that means!
Ocoho is now queen! i'm proud of her! plus she's now a normal part of Seth's group along with Doc with his knight armor!
LOL at the confessions!
hope for more continuation on S3!!!
5/5.
8/10.

Feb 28, 2020 3:51 AM

Jun 2016
i'm very sad this anime now ended ..

the ending is really reallly good

8.5 / 10
Feb 28, 2020 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
Just finished it. And now looking back at all of these 42 episodes, i think this 2nd season didn't really improve much imo, while still being a good show. I guess i just wasn't that satisfied this time around. But hey, i liked the story at least, could have been better tho. Overall i'm a bit disappointed

7 for the 1st season, 6 for this one.
WaterLordFeb 28, 2020 9:59 AM
Feb 29, 2020 12:43 PM

Nov 2009
Julianfoxy said:
phantomfandom said:

He got stabbed in the shoulder, nothing critical.

Which in previous episodes they made it look like the Racoon actually died... with blood all over when stabbed and then when pulling Ocoho in Sidh with the racoon looking normal, then the next scene he was covered in blood, then later with Ocoho crying ontop of the racoon like she's dead.

So yea... they overdramatic much on the Racoon and made everyone think the Racoon died.

That or ppls were pissed at the racoon dying, so they change it so the racoon is still alive.

___ ___ ___

Hmm... so the Queen is birthing the new Pixies... how convenient there's a giant female sorcerer right there for Myr...

Also... I wonder if the new Pixies will take in some of Queen's genes? since they live off Queen's fantasia, and fantasia is mostly based on the person's nature themselves. (as Myr and Jill explained in earlier episodes)

Does this mean the new Pixies will be... 25% Human, 25% Pixie, 25% Yggdrasil, 25% Giant? lol

___ ___ ___

And I guess they got a new traveling companion,

Tho... right before episode end... are the memory stones still inside DOC???? LOL... thought he would poop them out by now. LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 29, 2020 9:19 PM

Nov 2019
Wait how is the queen of humans/sorcerers giant? I thought it was her curse someone told it is indeed her curse but the sorcerers at still asks the queen her curse, so what's her curse if her curse is not being a giant itself

What happened to Seth's brothers smh disappointing but still better than season 1 I guess 6/10
Mar 3, 2020 2:59 AM

Jun 2019
YggdraSEED said:
Wait how is the queen of humans/sorcerers giant? I thought it was her curse someone told it is indeed her curse but the sorcerers at still asks the queen her curse, so what's her curse if her curse is not being a giant itself

What happened to Seth's brothers smh disappointing but still better than season 1 I guess 6/10

Lol she was playing it was 100% sarcasm, her curse is her being giant.

The middle title card "answered" your question but the manga did a better job bring it up (is that even a surprise at this point ?)
Mar 3, 2020 4:16 AM

Nov 2019
Julianfoxy said:
YggdraSEED said:

Lol she was playing it was 100% sarcasm, her curse is her being giant.

The middle title card "answered" your question but the manga did a better job bring it up (is that even a surprise at this point ?)

I know she was being sarcastic coz she changed her answer like 3 times but god dammit, those dumb sorcerers got me, their stupidity got me, like are they blind, added that I thought a Giant was just another race coz people on that country must've zero curiosity as to why she's that big smh lol
Mar 3, 2020 1:27 PM

Aug 2018
Good ||Episode
Good ||Season
|| Overall 6 out of 10 ||
SaiDxvLightApr 26, 2020 6:08 AM
Mar 11, 2020 5:35 PM

Jun 2014
The raccoon is alive! This is wonderful.

The queen has taken Myr's babies into her womb so that they can survive, and Okoho has been made a princess! They are now continuing their journey to find Radiant, and Okoho is joining them.

This was even better than the first season. I can't wait until the 3rd season comes out!

Mar 12, 2020 4:00 AM

Jul 2015
damn just binged this entire anime in like 2 days.. feel sad now- the mood really shifted between seasons huh

good though
Mar 16, 2020 7:55 PM
Oct 2011
turtleinshell said:

Yeah, damn I loved it.

Yeah I binged most of S1 really quickly too and loved it and then caught up to where I had to watch as they got posted with the simuldub for most of the new season.

Just finished this last ep, like you said I hope there's a good amount of source left so that the wait for a season 3 doesn't take too long.

S2 was fantastic.
After Ocoho got chosen by the Queen I really thought that sealed the deal in that she actually wasn't going to come along even though I was hoping she would after all the time we spent with her, so it was awesome when it was revealed that she was going to fully join the group and leave with them.
DangerMouseDMMar 16, 2020 8:13 PM
Mar 18, 2020 2:32 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ahhh this was so much better than season one! I loved all the character dynamics! I loved how everything turned out! I actually kinda feel fulfilled. ;o;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 18, 2020 6:37 PM
Mar 2015
And so the 6 breasts lived happily ever after
Mar 21, 2020 12:33 PM

Dec 2009
This was a huge step up from season 1. Really enjoyed season 2, and man those last episodes were feels. Really hope for another season.
Mar 22, 2020 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
I think this season was okay. There was more talking and less action but the story was good. But did Seth forgot his new found brother Diabal? And what happened to the Mordred? That guy deserved to die.
Mar 27, 2020 7:36 AM

Sep 2015
Well that ended better than expected. But there are still questions left unanswered (like what happened to Diabal and Piodon).. Hope they uncover it on the next season
Prushka will forever be in OUR HEARTS
Mar 28, 2020 12:34 AM

Mar 2009
Thought this season was great, even if the brutality of the last arc was unexpected. Thank fuck Dracoon is still alive. And at least Myr's children will be born eventually. But still, poor Myr...

Ocoho is such a great addition to the cast, continuing Radiant's stellar lineup of female characters. Nice ending for her too. I knew she'd be the next queen, as the current queen was always quite fond of her. Hope this gets another season one day.

Mar 28, 2020 3:39 PM

Aug 2016
It's been awhile since I liked all anime's characters, even the bad guys, kudos Radiant.

• Doc leveled up this season. Plus he's super adorable.
  • Ocoho, as the new heir, just added to her awesomeness. Also, I really like the queen, too.
  • Bad Meilie (my fav Meilie) kicked butt.
  • Seth matured. Plus, we got more info on the horned brothers.
  • Myr's beast mode, so cool.
  • Grimm being Grimm
  • Each of the Thaumaturges

Season 2 is better than season 1. I hope season 3 is better than season 2.
8/10
Aug 6, 2020 9:21 PM

Nov 2016
Is this season made by different creator than 1st season ? because quality of 2nd season is on totally different level than first one, I saw maybe 3 episodes in 1st season without skipping because without it I would drop it immediately but in 2nd one I skipped nothing (except opening+ending songs :D) and it's really good there are not annoying screaming in each minute like in 1st one and looks much more mature.
If someone asked me I don't trust it was made by same creator.
4/10 to 1st season and without rumble town arc 2/10
8/10 2nd season
Sep 5, 2020 1:35 AM

Jul 2015
Mystery has finally been resolved...that Brangoire has six breasts...but I wonder what happened to Diabal. Seth has gained quite the unique friends these two seasons, Glad Ocoho joined them. Don't see that often that shounen series handle their female characters this good.

First season really pales in comparison to this second one, even though animation quality isn't the best, the plot really had a major improvement. Can't wait for a season 3 in some years.

Nov 14, 2020 11:31 AM

Apr 2020
I'm glad a chose to watch this season. Season 1 took awhile to get through, but I guess it was to set up the characters. Things got better when they got to Rumble Town of course.

This season was so much better than season 1. I hope a season 3 comes out in a few years. I definitely would like to know Grimm's backstory, General Torque's plan, and Piodon's backstory. Whatever happened to Diabal anyway?

I like how the Inquisition is easy to hate. Melie's dialogue with Liselotte was correct. The Inquisition is enforcing their brand of justice by using violence against all sorcerers.

Great season. 8/10 for me.
Dec 17, 2020 1:17 AM
Sep 2019
Good closing episode, I also can't wait for the next season, Hope it will be in 2021 or early 2022
Dec 23, 2020 7:46 AM

Aug 2017
Of course its an improvement from season 1 where Lerche decided to include so much filler to the point of being unwatchable and killing the hype.

Season 2 was....ok? I appreciate there's a more serious tone and more answers and mystery related to Seth and his "brothers". Okoho subplot was the best developed and interesting story for the most part. I really liked her character development. They should have given more screen time to Sagramore and Mordred since they would have made her story much better. Characters deaths are weird in this show, for some unexplainable reason, they keep Draccoon alive despite the fact that many indications told me he died after helping Okoho but the anime decided to savagely kill Jill later. Seth and Mélie subplot was interesting at first but it didn't have a good conclusion and the impact felt generic. The conspiracy in the Kingdom was the most forced subplot I've ever seen. Practically they were tricked and most of them were just characters being stupid to Okoho. Awful. I'm much more interested in the new Thaumaturges and the Inquisition as a whole than our protagonists themselves. They're much more interesting.

5/10 for the anime.
NurguburuDec 23, 2020 8:05 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» s3 updates?

Kimo45 - May 25, 2023

4 by GerenteYato »»
Nov 5, 2023 8:52 PM

» Radiant Season 3?

Slayer9568 - Mar 7, 2020

17 by DangerMouseDM »»
Nov 4, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2020

19 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 25, 2022 5:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2020

20 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 21, 2022 8:30 AM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2020

16 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 18, 2022 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.