Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2020 1:26 AM

Oct 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was good, there were segment where they were asking why does Dragonair evolve into Dragonite? Where do the hands and feet come from? And saying that it should evolve into Milotic which was fun, Ash finally caught his first pokemon too. I have always wanted him to have Dragonite.

Ri22rkJan 26, 2020 7:22 AM
Jan 26, 2020 3:02 AM
Jul 2016
Ash actually caught a Dragonite! I'm so happy!!!

Ash and Go wondering about Dratini evolution line was hilarious.

Good references to Dragonite's dex entry too.
Jan 26, 2020 4:27 AM
Jan 2020
Our champion finally caught Dragonite after 23 years!
Jan 26, 2020 9:31 AM
Mar 2014
So Ash has the same Pokemon as Iris now. I find it funny everyone hated Iris getting a Dragonite but now love Ash getting one. I wonder if Iris will come back now for a quick battle with Ash, who knows.

I guess, "the boy" as in "Ash" can get strong powerful pokemon, but a female companion can never be allowed strong pokemon which is why Iris' Dragonite threw people for a loop. It's probably why all the girls had girly and small pokemon ever since who don't really battle.
Jan 26, 2020 10:01 AM
Feb 2019
i love how ash jumps from catching a caterpie, tailow, rowlet... then a goddamn dragonite
Jan 26, 2020 2:05 PM
May 2017
This was an enjoyable episode. The Dratini and Dragonite were adorable and the Dragonair were elegant..The electroweb gag and Gou's reactions were hilarious. The funniest moment was Ash and Go lampshading the Dratini line. I liked how Gou actually struggled to catch Dewgong. I didn't expect Ash to get a non-gen 8 pokemon. I hope that Dragonite's the only old pokemon he's gonna catch. Yayy finally more Koharu focus. Hopefully she catches the Gengar or at least Gou catches it. I hope Ash won't catch it.
Jan 26, 2020 3:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool episode, it was nice to see ash catching a Dragonite
Jan 26, 2020 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
I love Kairyu and his whole evolution line so this episode, and that island, were a treat to me. I still can't believe that Satoshi caught his very own Kairyu. Here's hoping he is going to appear a lot. And I love Gou's reactions more with each episode. Like when that Dewgong gave him trouble to be caught, or when Satoshi said that he was amazing. xD
Jan 26, 2020 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
so what exactly is ash current team of sudo legendaries for there legendary hunting after this point cause pikachu is god tier
Jan 26, 2020 9:14 PM
Aug 2018
OMG! OMG!
Ash caught Second Pseudo legendary pokemon this time final form 😍😍😍
I just hope he doesn't release him at any point
Jan 26, 2020 9:49 PM
Jul 2016
precita said:
So Ash has the same Pokemon as Iris now. I find it funny everyone hated Iris getting a Dragonite but now love Ash getting one. I wonder if Iris will come back now for a quick battle with Ash, who knows.

I guess, "the boy" as in "Ash" can get strong powerful pokemon, but a female companion can never be allowed strong pokemon which is why Iris' Dragonite threw people for a loop. It's probably why all the girls had girly and small pokemon ever since who don't really battle.

People hate Iris catching Dragonite because it didn't listen to her at first. And it gave her some undeserved victories since those wins were due to its own action (not Iris's trainer skill). The hate decreased after she made Dragonite listen to her.
Jan 26, 2020 11:35 PM

Jan 2013
Ash catching Dragonite as his first this gen....he has no reason to not go two for two at the Pkmn League now lol
Jan 27, 2020 1:14 AM

Oct 2018
Anand58 said:
OMG! OMG!
Ash caught Second Pseudo legendary pokemon this time final form 😍😍😍
I just hope he doesn't release him at any point
technically that's his third, Gible, Goodra and now Dragonite.
Jan 27, 2020 1:30 AM

Jan 2016
So happy Ash caught a Dragonite! A touching story and hilarious Milotic line. I wondered as well. Good we know why now. Arms to save people.
Jan 27, 2020 5:39 AM

Oct 2017
It was so obvious that dragonair was gonna evolve lol and nice Ash caught dragonite.
Jan 27, 2020 7:13 AM
Apr 2019
ASH ACTUALLY CATCHING A DRAGONITE was so sweet uwu
Jan 27, 2020 7:48 AM
Oct 2018
Im rly sorry to everyone but actually i just hate gou. He think only of pokemon as a collection and not as living being which is totally the opposit of what pokemon want to promote. Example: he got saved by a dragonite, what he do? he try to catch it instead of thanking him. The real issue in fact for me is the expression of the pokemon when they get hit by the pokeball bcs they seemed hurt and this just look like animal abuse for me XD. (but in general this season is good, ash being likable bcs of the contrast with gou for example)
Jan 27, 2020 7:58 AM
Nov 2014
I can't believe Ash caught a Dragonite! I thought about it during the episode, some things were hinting towards it, and I got a bit hyped. But I thought I knew better and that there was no way Ash was gonna catch Dragonair. Even less after it evolved into a freaking Dragonite. But, he fucking did. I love it!

Hope we can see it often this season, and see some nice battles with Dragonite involved. That also opens the game for any pokemon to be captured by Ash, no matter if it's not from gen 8. That's great.
Jan 27, 2020 8:33 AM
Sep 2015
Seylord said:
Im rly sorry to everyone but actually i just hate gou. He think only of pokemon as a collection and not as living being which is totally the opposit of what pokemon want to promote. Example: he got saved by a dragonite, what he do? he try to catch it instead of thanking him. The real issue in fact for me is the expression of the pokemon when they get hit by the pokeball bcs they seemed hurt and this just look like animal abuse for me XD. (but in general this season is good, ash being likable bcs of the contrast with gou for example)

Well me too. But I think he will be better, cause he have ash with him. For example on this episode, I think gou start to realize there is something different with "how he treat his pokemon"and "how ash treat his pokemon".
Jan 27, 2020 12:38 PM

May 2017
Seeing Ash catch a Dragonite here really cements the fact that the writers completely acknowledge him as a champion. It's meant to be the holy grail of gen 1 Pokemon and it's his first caught in this anime. Pretty awesome really, I hope we get to see some future episodes where he catches some of the rarest and/or toughest to catch Pokemon. Wouldn't be bad to see him get a Tyranitar seeing he temporarily had a Larvitar in Johto.
Jan 27, 2020 12:39 PM

Jul 2015
Dewgong took as many Pokeballs as all the Pokemons Gou caught so far, strongest Pokemon ever (but weak when it comes to love).

I loved the explanation Ash found to why Dragonairs become Dragonite, looks like we also a good a new lovable friend that will prove very useful whenever flying is needed!
Jan 27, 2020 1:17 PM

Sep 2017
Gou gets saved by dragonite after almost dying in the ocean

Also Gou 2 secs later after he wakes up: " Alright I'm going to imprison you now, Go pokeball!"

Dragonite: *surprise Pikachu face*

Gou:" Darn all my pokeballs were thrown in the ocean, you got lucky"

Dragonite : "Dios mio, dat was a close one"

____

Gou's 100% catch rate Hack is now patched!!🔥(hopefully)
looking at him struggling to catch Dewgone made my day haha.
yeah serves you right for using mods!
I hope it's not always 100% it's really getting old.
Jan 27, 2020 5:03 PM

Apr 2014
it always makes me happy when satoshi catches a pokemon and for him to catch a Kairyu out of all things made it even more awesome

with that said next ep finally we get some Koharu its honestly about time hopefully after next ep she'll appear more often
"one step at a time"
Jan 27, 2020 6:24 PM
Mar 2019
I finally watched episode 10 and I was really excited because there was a lot of buzz around it, but of course it failed. So let me get this straight the first half is them screwing around and trying to help Dragonair and than team rocket comes steals Dragonite than Dragonair evolved and Ash catched it. Why? It's not emotional. I don't think he deserves a Dragonite. And I honestly do not care. It's not as impactful as when Ash helped Charmander or Hawlucha. It would of been better if he caught Dratini.
Jan 27, 2020 8:33 PM

Jul 2013
Chazea said:
I finally watched episode 10 and I was really excited because there was a lot of buzz around it, but of course it failed. So let me get this straight the first half is them screwing around and trying to help Dragonair and than team rocket comes steals Dragonite than Dragonair evolved and Ash catched it. Why? It's not emotional. I don't think he deserves a Dragonite. And I honestly do not care. It's not as impactful as when Ash helped Charmander or Hawlucha. It would of been better if he caught Dratini.

Almost as if the entire Pokemon anime isn't based on this premise lol. It's literally just adventuring, Team Rocket or whatever villain team creates some conflict, helping people/Pokemon, if the Pokemon they helped gets attached to them they catch it and then adventuring again.

They finally addressed Dragonite looking like shit compared to Dratini and Dragonair lol.

Mod Edit: Double Post Merged
Fleeting_DreamJan 29, 2020 7:03 AM
Jan 28, 2020 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
In my opinion, this episode wasn’t good until Ash caught a Dragonite. I have a feeling that this Pokémon will be a little weak since it didn’t know how to fly when it was a Dragonair. This was on pace to be a filler episode until Ash caught the Dragonite.
Jan 28, 2020 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
guess people can't complain about Go catching everything with 1 ball, he had like 100 balls and used them all on a Dewgong HAHAHA

i wasn't expecting that ending but now i'm hyped to see what that Dragonite will do =D

i wonder if in the future (maybe for a final season, in another 20 years........), we will get to see every pokemon he got and maybe him using his best team to win a league

johnrouguine said:
I have a feeling that this Pokémon will be a little weak since it didn’t know how to fly when it was a Dragonair. This was on pace to be a filler episode until Ash caught the Dragonite.

i guess he just didn't understand how it was done...after they found about the spinning dance, he started to fly right away lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 29, 2020 4:40 AM

May 2014
Go living up to his name and treating real life like Pokemon Go. Just throw the ball, that's all it takes haha. Cute episode though, i love Dragonair.

Don't forget to press B when your Dragonair is evolving. I unfortunately did not as a kid.
Jan 31, 2020 12:27 AM

May 2009
Chazea said:

He certainly deserves a dragonite, the more adapt a trainer is the easier it is to catch strong/higher leveled Pokémon right away. This has been established very early into the entire series, I am honestly starting to think people complain to complain.

Ash’s experience and will are on the level of a champion now, so the continuation of Ash is really there. Dragonite has plenty of growing to do as you have seen in the episode itself.
Jan 31, 2020 8:28 AM

Jan 2016
Omg his first capture is a damn Dragonite! xD It's clear he'll live up to his title as the Alola Champion for the future Galar League :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 2, 2020 2:26 AM

Aug 2009
Cool ep, it's fitting Ash got a Dragonite after all this time and not some dumb bird :)
Feb 2, 2020 8:43 PM

Jul 2009
fancyjasper said:
Go living up to his name and treating real life like Pokemon Go. Just throw the ball, that's all it takes haha. Cute episode though, i love Dragonair.

Don't forget to press B when your Dragonair is evolving. I unfortunately did not as a kid.

Y'all are mean, Dragonite is cute too! Leave fat orange Barney alone! xD
Feb 3, 2020 1:28 AM

May 2014
Inugirlz said:
fancyjasper said:

Y'all are mean, Dragonite is cute too! Leave fat orange Barney alone! xD

Ahaha i llike Dragonite, but i loved my Dragonair even more T^T
Feb 3, 2020 9:17 PM

Mar 2014
After all these years, they finally addressed how Dragonite looks so weird compared to it's previous 2 evolutions. I love the answer that it grew legs to protect others, very heartwarming.

RIP Go wasted all his Pokeballs on a Dewgong
Feb 8, 2020 3:35 PM

Mar 2019
Glad to see Ash caught something useful
Feb 9, 2020 10:37 AM

Aug 2016
Thats one cute dragonite I just wanna give him a big ol hug
Feb 12, 2020 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
Enjoying this season a lot, hope Ash or Satoru is gonna continue to catch strong Pokemon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2020 11:13 AM

Jul 2012
DRAGONITE IS SO SOFT........ I WANT TO HUG ;_;
Jun 25, 2020 5:02 PM
Aug 2017
Great episode, didnt expect Ash to catch a Gen 1 pokemom tbh, i thought they were gonna stick to only Sns pokemon stereotype.
That was a good catch doe a frickin Dragonite
Sep 28, 2020 7:21 AM

Jun 2013
Ahh this episode was awesome! Dragonite fits Ash so well and this Dragonite is adorable!
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Dec 5, 2020 6:16 AM
Jun 2017
Excellent episode ! ^^
Ash catching a Draconite is awesome, it shows that he's not the kid he was at the beginning of his journey at Kanto and now he's master Pokemon :)
Dec 6, 2020 6:22 AM
Jun 2020
Seriously, a Dragonite already? It would be more fun if it was just a Dragonair then evolve after a few episodes. Nonetheless, this was a great episode, Dragonite hugging Ash was so cute :')
Oct 4, 2021 3:46 PM

Dec 2007
gotta be the best episode in this season so far, and damn -ash caught himself a dragonite! this first catch for the season just show which direction the production are taking for ash.

second best thing is ash asking the right questions about dratini evolution chain who made the main theme for the ep.

the bad thing here is, goh actually went and wasted his all pokeballs on a dewgong, like, damn it, if it's not work on the first time weaken instead of wasting your pokeballs, that cheat mode is too much for you to use!
Jan 24, 2022 4:13 AM

Aug 2017
ash showing what it means to catch a pokemon and wow his first pokemon this season is dragonite, not it's first or 2nd form but the final form lol I think they should just show that gou is using ultra balls or master balls at this point since it seems that he's taking 'gotta catch them' all really serious XD
May 17, 2022 8:51 PM

Jan 2020
Dragonite Island! Where was this island back in the day? It's still painful to think about having to throw Safari Balls at the only source of Dratini.

Goh's Dewgong experience seems like a more accurate depiction of how Pokemon Go works.

I wish Team Rocket had their own Pokemon this season, I'm kind of tired of this "Prize Ball" mechanic. How did Team Rocket get a Wailord that only knows Splash? I feel like Giovanni would've released that before keeping it.

Ash's first capture of the season and it's a Dragonite. Is this about to be Ash's most OP team yet?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 27, 2022 1:28 AM
Feb 2018
OH MY GOD. AFTER ALL THE BATTLES OF DRAGONITE VS CHARIZARD AND DRAGONITE VS PIKACHU BACK IN SEASON 2....
ASH FINALLY....FINALLLLY Gets his Own Dragonite !
Jan 15, 6:00 PM

Feb 2020
Kairyu, getto da zé! 🐲🪽

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

61 by TVXD »»
May 6, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.