Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2020 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, now that's some deadly power.

Surprisingly, they added some violence with the blood in the fist fights. I wasn't expecting that. Seems this show has some very skilled characters when it comes to using combat skills. Also kinda interesting that Nemesis invited her partner to a special virtual space. Ofc this anime would also have goblins
Jan 23, 2020 7:31 AM

Apr 2016
Props to the developer team behind this game .. making the atmosphere an actual playable space lmao.
Jan 23, 2020 7:59 AM
Aug 2018
Figaro is being nice to enemy give them second chance but enemy lie To him and attack him, Figaro special mode was brutal awesome put enemy in space and knock down to earth make gravity more powerful make enemy hard to move and easy to kill

Mc Ray Was lucky in previously episode Figaro is understanding guy can spare his life
Jan 23, 2020 8:21 AM

Apr 2014
Animation was really poor, and due to deletion of scenes for Lei Lei and superior killer in the previous episodes, the introduction of Altair Kingdom's Four Superiors was very weak.

The fights themselves were severely watered down.

Fuso's massacre of K&R got simplified, especially with the removal of Rosa, who was suppose to demonstrate the immense terror of Fuso's Lunar Reduction Field.

Figaro's fight was only roughly the same, but due to POV issues and explanations missing, it didn't convey how terrifying and ridiculous it is for him to send someone into outer space while under 500 times gravity.

Lei-Lei again, scene removals and animation weakness.

KoD animation weakness and scaling issues.

Cheshire's talk was also shorter, with some big issues missing, like him demonstrating his powers and a short talk about the Control AIs.

Overall, same issue as always, time constraint (cut content) and low budget.

Oh yeah there was also story line congruency damages due to cut content, the PK surrounding Altair city was suppose to have its story told through B3's POV (the armor giant "guy"). His thoughts were suppose to explain why the PK guilds are surrounding the city (cause they got paid by a "certain group" to lock down the capital of Altair to damage the Kingdom), tying into the next major arc of the story and Caldina's entrance into the storyline.

He was also suppose to sort of explain why everyone is afraid of the "Superior Killer" and as a result how daunting Ray's goal of beating the "Superior Killer" is. (Which spoiler, Ray never beat "him" as everyone expected).

Anyway, with how much of the storyline is lacking, and the pacing (this is 3/13 episodes already), I question how the hell are we going to reach Vol 5. With how much they are cutting, vol 3-5 is going to be a trainwreck, considering Caldina's involvement and hell of a battle royale that major arc was.
ap1001Jan 23, 2020 8:34 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 23, 2020 8:23 AM

May 2019
Decent character entrance; this was mainly foreshadowing and set-up for the next ep

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 23, 2020 8:38 AM
Dec 2011
the manga is a lot more gory, I mean, at least the blood didn't shine when figaro cut the PK boss...
I still can't accept they made Rook into a trap.
JokerxHisokaJan 23, 2020 8:56 AM
Jan 23, 2020 8:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
More violent episode but animation was still really meh
Jan 23, 2020 8:58 AM

Dec 2014
oh like it has become more average then expected...hmmm seems like adventuring huh
Jan 23, 2020 10:03 AM

Jan 2018
These dudes go into a fuckin virtual reality game to drink tea and eat snacks. Go do that in real life ffs.
Jan 23, 2020 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
Pimp...

All I'm saying is that if you're gonna be a bishounen AND a pimp at least have a better outfit. This beginner clothes is killing my eyes.

giovgiac said:
These dudes go into a fuckin virtual reality game to drink tea and eat snacks. Go do that in real life ffs.

LOOOOOOOL. Isn't this the truth xD
Jan 23, 2020 10:26 AM

May 2014
Those are some generic-looking goblins they have there.

How will they ever make it to volume 5 at this rate anyway?
Jan 23, 2020 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
TheDeedsOfMen said:

We are not even done with Vol 1, considering we end vol 1 in EP 4, we have 9 episodes for vol 2-5.

Assuming that they butcher Vol 2 with 2 eps, that leaves 7 episodes.

Vol 3-5 is the major arc of Franklin's Game.

Assuming we remove every other side plot except Ray's story, we might BARELY squeeze it in. Of course at that point barely anything would make sense, since you would need to cut out 10+ side characters, 3+ major side plots, 2 short stories and god knows how many explanations.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 23, 2020 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
Well, of course, this would have player killings.

And there are goblins.

Jan 23, 2020 11:11 AM

May 2014
ap1001 said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

We are not even done with Vol 1, considering we end vol 1 in EP 4, we have 9 episodes for vol 2-5.

Assuming we remove every other side plot except Ray's story, we might BARELY squeeze it in. Of course at that point barely anything would make sense, since you would need to cut out 10+ side characters, 3+ major side plots, 2 short stories and god knows how many explanations.
Yes, I expect something like that. 2 eps each for vol 2 and vol 3 and then 5 eps total for 4 and 5.
Jan 23, 2020 11:44 AM

Oct 2017
All four of the superior embryo users are monsters, all of them have some insane skills. That journalist girl is funny XD.
Jan 23, 2020 11:49 AM

May 2018
Did that Cat Admin Type gave them a spoiler as to who the PK from the north is and it weakness as well????

That Marie Adler basically has a habit of just appearing outta nowhere
Jan 23, 2020 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
You start playing a VRMMO and you get the job "Pimp", either this guy is the most innocent person in the game or he's a god damn genius. I wonder if his skillset will be usefull at all.

Whole episode is about player killing, which comes to no surprise that it's a thing in a game like this. People like Fusou are perhaps the biggest monsters in the game, so strong with their superior Embryo's.
Jan 23, 2020 1:11 PM

Jun 2017
So Rook is a pimp, LMAO! Having a succubus embryo just became more fitting lol. "Must be a monster taming job!" boiii he has no idea XD.
Jan 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Dec 2016
Well. the first episode I liked. :)
fights weren't super well done but still enjoyed and at least they didn't cut out from them.
also can relate to that armor guy about feel of falling. there is place in Skyrim in which you can do this and it is scary. xD

Only super unrealistic part was that they really bought this news, maybe this journalist will also ask to turn off an adblock? xD

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 23, 2020 2:38 PM

Feb 2019
I enjoy watching this show but it's definitely lacking a bit of quality. I wouldn't say Bofuri is better than it, I think people just like seeing cute girls doing cute shit and fighting. I personally like the world here a lot better. Just seems like it's not being executed properly
Jan 23, 2020 3:05 PM

Jan 2008
Pimp.... class? Lmaowut? I'm guessing his ultimate attack is backhand slap. Deals bonus damage if wearing rings.
Jan 23, 2020 4:06 PM
Sep 2017
ap1001 said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

No, it's already confirmed that they only adapt until volume 3, which is imo a bad choice since volume 3 end in a cliffhanger. This also kinda close any chance of sequel too. How I wish they will adapt the first arc in a 25 episode adaptation huft...
I-yas-yesJan 23, 2020 4:13 PM
Jan 23, 2020 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
This is as generic as I expected it to be. The fanboys that convinced me to watch this many episodes should become used car salesmen, they could make a killing.
Jan 23, 2020 4:50 PM

Apr 2014
drunksecrets said:
This is as generic as I expected it to be. The fanboys that convinced me to watch this many episodes should become used car salesmen, they could make a killing.

The source is amazing, the anime is crap mostly because of time constraint, budget and talent issues.

I could list out a bunch of the sources unique selling points: multiple POV story telling, detailed world building, multiple faction wars, mystery that spans the ID world and the real life world, unique power, inter-linking and complex story plots, etc.

Criticizing a work's story based on the anime seems very asinine.
Jan 23, 2020 4:51 PM

Apr 2014
FallingApple said:
ap1001 said:

No, it's already confirmed that they only adapt until volume 3, which is imo a bad choice since volume 3 end in a cliffhanger. This also kinda close any chance of sequel too. How I wish they will adapt the first arc in a 25 episode adaptation huft...

Vol 3...Jesus are they planning for an anime original ending, god fricking damn it.
Jan 23, 2020 4:59 PM
Jul 2011
giovgiac said:
Funny, the Shield Girl and the Agility Girl from other series do that too. But then again, maybe they don't want to spend real cash on food so, at least have taste on those food virtually.
Jan 23, 2020 5:44 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was leaps and bounds better than the previous two. We get to see the top players of Altar in action and Ray gets some information about how Maiden-type Embryos are similar to admin AIs, which implies that Nemesis has some sort of hidden talent. With Ray's decision to become stronger, I can only hope this means the show can finally kick into high gear. I'm looking forward to see how Ray and friends will undertake their new quest, especially since they have a big enemy standing in their way.
Jan 23, 2020 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
ap1001 said:
drunksecrets said:

The source is amazing, the anime is crap mostly because of time constraint, budget and talent issues.

I could list out a bunch of the sources unique selling points: multiple POV story telling, detailed world building, multiple faction wars, mystery that spans the ID world and the real life world, unique power, inter-linking and complex story plots, etc.

I'm not just criticizing the story. Everything about it is generic. Anime is an advertisement first and everything else second; if the goal here is to sell more LNs then they're doing a shitty job since this so-called epic source material looks boring as hell based on the anime.
Jan 23, 2020 7:22 PM

Jul 2017
A lot of buildup in this ep, and I mean a lot

Will it all be worth it who knows
Jan 23, 2020 10:12 PM

Jun 2012
What a shitty production. Time to drop this.
Jan 24, 2020 3:08 AM

May 2014
ap1001 said:
drunksecrets said:

The novel is much better, and I like the world-building and multiple POVs, but it still needs to do more with its plot, characters, and dialogue. It too often ends up as typical heroes saving people from random monsters, and some of the characters should have more interesting motivation. I feel like there is too much fighting for the sake of fighting. The comedy is also usually too obvious, though not exceptionally bad, just what you usually see in anime, LNs, etc. That said, there are way worse LNs out there, so it is alright.

The adaptation is bad though. That much is obvious.

FallingApple said:
ap1001 said:

Oh, great. Then there is an even bigger trainwreck incoming. Might as well get the popcorn for that one.
Jan 24, 2020 3:53 AM

Feb 2017
rladls717 said:
giovgiac said:
Funny, the Shield Girl and the Agility Girl from other series do that too. But then again, maybe they don't want to spend real cash on food so, at least have taste on those food virtually.

IIRC they've only done it once(the star place feels more like some sort of event than snacks and tea) and more as checking how it is than eating because there's nothing else to do, if they continue with the tea drinking they're gonna start rivaling SAO own teatime counter.

I'm wondering if I should give this show another episode, was already thinking of dropping it last episode and this one didn't help at allm, also I guess we have to assume the MC is leveling up since it seems he's gotten stronger but only times we've seem him do such is while meeting other characters(this also feels like SAO), heh now that I think about it they could fix the teatime and unseen leveling by making them chat while on adventures but I guess that's not cost effective.
Jan 24, 2020 9:25 AM
May 2019
This pretty generic and boring.
It feels like they are rushing through a story, there isn't any buildup hence no pay off.
Characters are uninteresting and bland.
Animation is still below average.
At least Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni is funny, this anime is just boring.
Jan 24, 2020 12:50 PM

Dec 2017
Weak animation and sound, pretty generic plot, characters have zero personality. Oh well, I expected nothing and nothing is what I got.
Jan 24, 2020 4:29 PM

Jun 2012
ap1001 said:
FallingApple said:

Vol 3...Jesus are they planning for an anime original ending, god fricking damn it.
ap1001 said:
FallingApple said:

I think it's more likely that they are planning to end on a cliffhanger to hook people, than they can throw in a sequel.
Jan 25, 2020 4:55 PM

Oct 2008
i hope this is not something like the MC by the power of sheer luck and pure friendship defeats that dude who defeated another tank character...kinda lame...
3/5.

Jan 25, 2020 8:39 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
This episode sunk a bit, felt like filler
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 27, 2020 7:29 AM

Jul 2014
The animation was so cheap on that episode and even the pacing was really bad. That was too soon to get such a trashy animation and too soon to get a filler episode. It's only the 3rd episode wtf.
Jan 27, 2020 6:57 PM

Nov 2009
giovgiac said:

A fair amount of people that do RP do this tho. That's why some MMO games have a server dedicated to "RP"

IE: PvP server, PvE server, RP server.

Then there's also "VR Chat"... literally the forefront of early VR MMO life...

___ ___ ___

Tho in this series... it looks like there's only one server, PvP server, and they have no system for PKers like some games have. IE: some games makes it so PKers gets punished for killing other players, such as decrease in stat, send to prison for a certain amount of time, unable to use items, etc etc.

Also... Lei-Lei... talk about Krillin PTSD (DBZ)...

And apparently the "Maiden" data is classified, since part of their system is the same as game dev's tool data. Probably why the Maidens are OP by default.

___ ___ ___

Best part of this episode...

PIMP class, with a Succubus partner...

did some Dev do this on purpose? LUL
amlgJan 27, 2020 7:15 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 28, 2020 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
Looking at the comments, I was right to have dropped this after episode 1.
Jan 28, 2020 5:15 PM
Apr 2019
giovgiac said:
Omae no Iutoori
What a poor plot!
Jan 28, 2020 9:45 PM

Sep 2016
Why do I open anime discussions.

People here do not even watch the same thing I do, lol.

That censored word made me think *bad things* tbh xD
bruh
Jan 29, 2020 1:13 AM

Jul 2017
Why does every LN wants to copy SAO's in-game mechanics and makes a difference to it? SAO itself is as generic, but this series here wants to make it EVEN MORE bland.

So this episode dives into the PK nature of the game, but not for cause, because these are Superiors, those with experience being PK-ers along with their powers, because being OP isn't just enough.

Instead, Ray and Maiden Embryo Nemesis are just going around to learn more about the game itself and doing NOTHING. Boring...

Along with a different team in Studio NAZ working on 2 projects (Ei Aoki's ID:Invaded and this), this just cones off as uninspiring.

iamYuyaSakaki said:
This episode sunk a bit, felt like filler

Most of it is manga material, and yes it does kinda feel that way.
KANLen09Jan 29, 2020 1:20 AM
Jan 29, 2020 11:17 PM

Apr 2008
That feel when Bofuri has better animation than this garbage adaptation. Such a shame. I like the LN but if this doesn't get better i'm dropping it.

It let me down more than Overlord's adaptation. Smh.
Feb 1, 2020 12:13 PM

Aug 2011
Well... that's not that good, but I hope it will gain in interest in the next episodes
Feb 3, 2020 10:45 AM

Aug 2018
This episode has SAO feeling
6/10
Feb 4, 2020 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
If I was in a VRMMO, I too would choose to be a PIMP B)
Feb 6, 2020 2:53 AM

Mar 2009
Thought this one was the worst of the three episodes so far, unfortunately.
Feb 6, 2020 8:28 AM

Oct 2018
I don't like the protagonist, should I continue for story's sake?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 14, 2020 3:24 PM

Feb 2018
They are meet administrator xD.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by Overblown »»
Nov 23, 2023 2:15 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

78 by gakuendo »»
Aug 16, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

20 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 4:46 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

43 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.