Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2020 1:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, the first half of this episode had this surreal feeling.

Oh and that Demon just won't give up. In a world where there's light and darkness, he represents the worst of the worst. Nero's determination is kinda inspiring and I'm growing to like her personality in human form.

Jan 21, 2020 2:57 AM

Apr 2018
Wow this episde is amazing! I lost my shit when I saw the Lumiere/Licht team up
Jan 21, 2020 3:57 AM

Mar 2016
Best girl Charmy in scene, just for a few seconds but that's something. Seems that spoiler of Yuno I've read in the black clover reddit is true, and another great fight is heading up next week. I'm hyped.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 21, 2020 4:00 AM

Feb 2019
Ok, so the episode was good, solid 8/10, but it felt mainly like set up for the next episode which will have the big fight and better animation. The opening sequence with Lumierre v the Demon showed promise but never really blew up like I was hoping. Man I wish Pierrot had a dedicated seasonal team who could really do a lot of these scenes justice, that's what's really holding BC back is consistent high quality animation like BNHA, HxH, etc.

Also smaller detail, but something about Secre's design in the anime just feels off to me, idk if it's the nose or what. Just doesn't quite click. Anyway, it's Secre SZN and it's a great time to stan BC. WE MOVE. See y'all next week.
Jan 21, 2020 4:46 AM
Nov 2015
When it will be shown the fight between Noelle and Fana?
I have noticed that when Licht takes the power of the others elves,she doesn't appear
Jan 21, 2020 5:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was an awesome episode! I was worried that the first half would be underwhelming honestly but the folks over at Studio Pierrot did a fantastic job to keep that to rest. Lol, finally a continuation to the opening prologue by the way!

Licht garnering up the elf mana and then unleashing them to completely wipe out the surroundings was bloody epic! Too bad, even this isn't enough to take the devil down. Yikes, that speaking heart though. Asta to take center-stage next round, totally in for that!

Finally got that Nero and Asta interaction too, and that was just fabulous! I can't wait for Asta's reaction when he founds out. Anyways, she's gone through a lot and I'm really impressed by her incredible determination, way to go girl~

Nice little touching scene between the two Captains as well. I'll never get tired of that, xD.

No "New Page" this episode sadly but I suppose it's for the better anyway so no biggies.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 21, 2020 5:14 AM

Oct 2019
i can only say one thing..... WOW
Jan 21, 2020 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
Fantastic episode.

Lumiere and Licht teaming up were awesome to watch. They're an unstoppable duo. Too bad that huge attack by Licht wasn't enough to defeat the devil.
Asta's anti-magic has a chance to defeat the devil and I'm looking forward to it.

Can't get enough of the OP.

Jan 21, 2020 5:35 AM

Oct 2019
Holy shit this was so good I can't even imagine the next episode
Jan 21, 2020 5:35 AM

Oct 2017
Magnificently done, everything in this episode was just superb. Licht and Lumiere vs the devil was downright amazing.
Jan 21, 2020 5:45 AM

Nov 2016
The real Charlotte would've freaked out being close with Yami like that.

Great episode again. Next time we're apparently going to see the conclusion to this fight. Really hyped to see what kind of attack or combos they're gonna show. Expecting some awesome animation. Also would like to see Asta's devil or another form using his power.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2020 6:00 AM

May 2014
BLACK CLOVER GREATNESS

SASUGAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH

Jan 21, 2020 6:12 AM

Nov 2019
Licht and Lumiere are so badass

Now I'm sure Yuno is
that's why he feels warmth and nostalgic towards Licht

Still few mystery left, Asta's origin, that other demon the demon mentioned
Jan 21, 2020 6:20 AM

Sep 2013
Near perfection, the demon fight was short but the demon itself was nicely detailed.
Jan 21, 2020 6:29 AM

Oct 2015
tfw we're already ending next ep
bruh
this absolute mad dash
3 cour filler incoming
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 21, 2020 6:33 AM
Jan 2020
This is absolutely incredible! Can't wait for the next episode :)
Jan 21, 2020 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
Loved the battle between Lumiel and Demon!Licht. It combined two things I love: a battle against a giant enemy (the design of the demon looked great), and an emotional moment when Lumiel is forced to kill the person who was both his friend and brother-in-law. I absolutely adored how they tied the usual introduction with the narration explaining how the first Wizard King defeated the demon who would destroy humanity with the fight during the start of the episode. I don't know if they are going to still feature it in the next episodes, but this would be the perfect moment to stop using it (nothing against the narration, btw).

Licht + Lumiel combo was godly. They even erased the smug smile of the Devil for a moment and managed to stand their own against him. Licht's attack with the magic of the elves was hype, too bad the Devil has hax. For the title of the next episode, I guess this battle will finish by the next week. Looking forward to it.
Secre is precious. She has only been in her human form for two episodes, but I already love her. She deserves a hug. Same can be said about Licht (he appeared before, but he was inactive), he's such a cool guy. Even if I have mixed feelings about Patry, his reunion with Licht was moving.

I lol'd when it was shown that Charmy defeated Lira offscreen. She's a fearsome opponenet for sure.

tottigol said:
I have noticed that when Licht takes the power of the others elves,she doesn't appear
Fana appears briefly, after the scene of Charmy. She's still fighting Noelle and Jack the Ripper. Unfortunately, at this point I don't think the fight is going to be conclusive, however.
Jan 21, 2020 6:50 AM

Aug 2017
Sugoi! Sugoi!💯👍

Jan 21, 2020 7:12 AM
Apr 2014
YggdraSEED said:
Licht and Lumiere are so badass

Now I'm sure Yuno is
that's why he feels warmth and nostalgic towards Licht

Still few mystery left, Asta's origin, that other demon the demon mentioned

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
tfw we're already ending next ep
bruh
this absolute mad dash
3 cour filler incoming

yea true, kinda hoping for some world building filler for the next arc
Jan 21, 2020 7:47 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Was nice to see some more backstory about what happened in the past, it had some feels!

Lumiriere and Licht reunion was really awesome, and their fight against the demon was so awesome!

Secre's magic is really awesome and usefull!

Licht managed to blow a really powerfull attack, but even that wasn't ablçe to kill the demon!

Seems next episode Asta will show us something new with Yuno help!

I am so much hyped for the following episodes, it is tuning even better each episode!
Jan 21, 2020 7:47 AM

Dec 2018
This is a rare type of episode of BC.

Licht's attack that collects the energy of elf remind me of Excalibur and Spirit Bomb.

This Demon keep talking about power from another world, I would guess there's another demon like him in that 'other world'.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 21, 2020 8:05 AM
Sep 2015
Can anyone confirm that this reviewer from Anime News Network just spoil Yuno's... in the last paragraph of episode 115 review?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/black-clover/episode-110-111-112-113-114-115-116/.155447

If he really does then he's being unprofessional and ANN should consider reject his future review article.
Jan 21, 2020 9:54 AM

Dec 2014
Damn exploring the opening of every episode...the feels......
Jan 21, 2020 9:55 AM
Nov 2013
The episode was great and I really have no complaints, but I just can't understand how Licht's grimoire ended up in Asta's hands? And if it's really true, how is Licht be able to use magic now without his grimoire? Isn't Patri the one who uses Licht grimoire since he had reincarnated in his body? I'm so confused :S
Jan 21, 2020 10:08 AM

Dec 2018
finally, I got why they kept the same 30 seconds intro for 117 episodes...it was all planned from the beginning, omg
best episode of the series
Jan 21, 2020 10:20 AM

Jul 2016
tottigol said:

yes he did take the power of Fana, but you could only see it for less than 1 second. If you replay that scene you will see fana with Noelle and Jack the ripper.
Jan 21, 2020 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was a nice history lesson..quite particular indeed
Jan 21, 2020 11:12 AM

Jan 2008
Now that's how you properly drag out an episode, with some extra quality fight sequences. After 117 episodes, that recycled opening bit we had basically every episode finally gets fully animated.

I like the little moments where Asta trying to figure out who Secre is.
Jan 21, 2020 11:49 AM

May 2018
R u kidding me that demon is still alive after it receive such attack from Licht????
Jan 21, 2020 12:21 PM

Apr 2015
Licht has finally awakened with the help of Secre and Lumiere. Now this is finally going to reach a big climax!
Jan 21, 2020 3:11 PM

Jul 2017
Is no one gonna talk about how Charmy literally defeated a Magic Knight by herself? If that doesn't prove how OP she is idk what will lolol

I also can't wait to see Charlotte's reaction when she wakes up trapped beside Yami loool
Jan 21, 2020 3:56 PM

Mar 2008
Holy shit that was an insane fight! Hurry up next week, It's Asta's time to shine.
Jan 21, 2020 6:15 PM

Nov 2015
I'm so glad I was born in this era to watch this.
Also , as someone who watched the opening 300 times , this time the opening video had some slight changes
Jan 21, 2020 7:29 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty cool fight with giant demon and Wiz king in the beginning. Second half was pretty sweet as well. Feels like the end of a saga is coming. Tbh I feel like the show could end after this if it wasn't for the "I'm gonna be wizard king" bs, but since this is a derpy battle shounen we know that could never happen.
Jan 21, 2020 7:30 PM

May 2019
Damn, the Licht and Lumiere tag team battle was extremely well executed. I wonder how Asta is going to fit into the grand scheme of things?

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 21, 2020 9:36 PM

Oct 2008
Another phenomenal episode! BC keeps on getting better and better!
SUGEE! oh god Asta this is no time to be overwhelmed with the multitude of great events!
so it looks like Asta can power boost one more time! hope to see his 100% full power own awakening style of his!!!
5/5!

Jan 22, 2020 3:50 AM

Jul 2017
The opening sequence of EVERY EPISODE in Black Clover...now in full-on spectacular fashion, with Prince Lumiere, the single mage that eradicated the Devil back then. This is what I've been waiting for: the eventual reveal of what happened 500 years ago.

The reason why Nero (now Sekre) was all human and a bird thereafter...and more importantly, how Licht has misunderstood (with the Devil's manipulation) the effect of the attack as a rift between the humans and elves who were in perfect harmony before all this happened. And the statue is a ways from Hage Village, where Yuno and Asta resided nearby (and there the story goes, after 117 episodes).

As fate would have it, Asta and Yuno's fight continues from then, the same Devil, the same Licht, and the same partnership. Thanks Patri for bringing "justice", now known to all.

Let the final battle begin: Licht and Lumiere vs. the Devil, the battle 500 years later. But they're not alone, with Asta and Yuno (their unintended successors) plus Sekre, this battle is going to be a hard fought one: magic that's out of this world vs. magic that exists in the world.

This episode is pure Sasuga, just fantastic, oozes amazement! To see Black Clover come this far, I'm glad that it turned out way better than what it used to be. And with it, Asta's anti-magic signalling the beginning of the end!
Jan 22, 2020 4:08 AM

Jun 2016
fk this , im so hype , cant wait for next episode !!
bring next episode fast !!!!

this cour so fucking badass !
Jan 22, 2020 9:41 AM

Apr 2016
This episode is amazing.
Licht and Lumire team is so cool
BRAWLERS
Jan 22, 2020 8:02 PM
Mar 2015
Licht and Luminere make amazing comeback thanks to a little birdy and the power of the elves
Jan 22, 2020 10:40 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode! Loved seeing Licht and Lumiere vs the devil animated!
Jan 22, 2020 10:57 PM

Dec 2019
Licht's spell was insane!! Him and Lumiere make one of the best team-ups. Can't wait for Asta to turn into a complete Demon.
V1711Mar 27, 2020 11:19 PM
Jan 23, 2020 2:02 AM
Feb 2019
I love this episode. litch and lumiere friendship, sacrifice everything is hearttouching
Jan 23, 2020 2:04 AM
Feb 2019
Now I think asta can do much thing with his sword because litch show him true potential of sword
Jan 23, 2020 8:29 PM
Jun 2017
I SUPER LOVE THIS EPISODE....

both the 1st part where litch and luminere are fighting at each other... as an anime only, i just love how they have shown that part...

and the second part.. that litch and luminere vs akuma fight is awesome great... the power of the 1st wizard king and litch is too strong compared to the current mages...

and that finishing hit by litch is so strong... but akuma is still alive.. ohhh... this akuma really is a boss fight...

next episode please...
Jan 25, 2020 8:42 PM

Aug 2015
Damn, this has got to be one of the best episodes so far. Looks like the demon isn't ready to give up just yet. That spell Litch used at the end was quite surprising. Wonder what's gonna happen in the next episode as it's called 'The Final Battle'. Is black clover coming to an end?
Jan 26, 2020 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
Damn Black Clover gets better and better. This episode was so good I almost have no words for it. The fight of Lumiere against Licht in demon form was crazy.

I had the absolute same reaction as Asta or Yuno. It's not just that the first Magic Emperor ever appeared before them no, Licht got finally woke up and both of them showed magic which seems like out of this world. That last attack of Licht was so strong omg. I can't believe this devil didn't die. But now at least Asta knows about the hidden potential in his own sword.

I'm so hyped. The next episode will be so good.

Jan 27, 2020 11:43 PM
Dec 2009
You guys know who would've loved to see this fight? Continue to RIP King Julius :(
Jan 28, 2020 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
Damn! Black Clover is really getting on a completely new level! What a blow from Licht, now if he combines it with Asta it's ez win xD
But i wonder if Asta will transform completely now or not.

Also wow, never tought that the introduction part "the first wizard king etc" could be an episode, damn! After all these episodes, we've finally seen it! What a moment!

The most bro moment of BC.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 29, 2020 8:33 PM

Feb 2013
This is getting better and better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2018

80 by RaToxic »»
Today, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2020

92 by Vindicater »»
Today, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 147 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2020

47 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 120 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2020

116 by Ishiryoku »»
May 3, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2019

67 by Ishiryoku »»
May 3, 1:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.