Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2019 8:52 PM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Iguro backstory and four pillars left to fight Muzan. Kanroji is taken out. This interesting they really need more reinforcement.

Dec 18, 2019 8:55 PM

Jan 2015
OH MY GOD, OBANAI IS GETTING A FLASHBACK, I REPEAT, OBANAI HAD A FREAKING FLASHBACK

Interesting to know that he was going to be a snake sacrifice. Kinda funny to think that that snake woman was a demon, and they were offering him to her.

And... OBANAI X MITSURI IS CANON OH MY GOD
Obanai’s death soon for sure

5/5 I’m so happy
XenocrisiDec 18, 2019 9:01 PM
Dec 19, 2019 12:25 AM

Apr 2018
Finally, a backstory/flashback for obanai. Thanks author, now i'm relieved.
Dec 19, 2019 3:46 AM

Jul 2013
I swear I've seen this kind of story from Japanese(?) myths about being a sacrifice to be married to a snake woman and then dooming the entire family/clan for trying to escape....

It's on the tip of my tongue but I'm 100% sure I've encountered this story before.
Dec 19, 2019 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
From the looks of it before Tanjiro and Kanao,Zenitsu and Inosuke arrive to Fight Muzan. Only Sanemi,Giyu and Himejima are last line pillar that is going to stall him now Kanroji is out and Obanai is having high deathflag the way he talks sound like he is going to die and narration its very high deathflag.

They really need Tanjiro 13 form master to get here as soon as possible. Even Himejima have hard time stalling Muzan. Kanroji suppose to be one of the strongest pillar but Muzan swat her aside like a fly.

It seems we have underestimate demon lord Muzan kibitsuji. He is far stronger than I thought. Even five pillars can t stop him.

Dec 19, 2019 9:34 AM
Oct 2019
Unsurprisingly, this chapter brings us back to the ongoing battle. It will be mediocre if Tanjiro learns the last form and wake up immediately to finish Muzan.

Now it makes sense why Obanai wears a black-and-white-striped haori which fits well with his sad backstory. The pattern is similar to prisoners' common uniforms. From this chapter, we can see how great the author is, she not only builds an amazing storyline but also designs her characters appropriately with their backgrounds.

Both demons and slayers suffer in their lives, but the most distinguish point between them is that slayers overcome their miserable situations to protect others and head to better future.

Although KNY is a dark fantasy manga with death flags everywhere, I have a bold prediction that none of the remaining pillars will die in the end, but they may be severely injured or handicapped the rest of their lives. I guess the pillars can survive for the following reasons:

1. Mitsuri joined the corp to find a strong husband, but the one who cares for her the most is Obanai, who is even shorter and physically weaker than her. The thing you will get may not be the thing you seek.
2. Sanemi needs to live happily the rest of his life to fulfill Genya's wish and sacrifice. Actually, this is also his wish for Genya.
3. Gyomei has not received the apology from Sayo (the surviving girl in the temple). It has bothered him for 9 years. From one extra story, Sayo wants to say sorry to him but has not an opportunity.
4. For Giyu, he has had death flags every time he appears since the fight with Akaza. Actually, Murata has higher chance to die than him :(. Maybe Giyuu will use his sword (same Water style) and fulfill his the Sabito and Murata's wishes.

In my opinion, Yushiro has highly chance to die in the end. Without Tamayo, his life is meaningless now. He may sacrifice himself to bring Muzan down and join her in the afterlife.

I just wish that the manga will end soon because it is a pain in the neck to wait for every interesting chapter each week.

Dec 20, 2019 6:48 AM
Oct 2019
Dull_Lull said:
I swear I've seen this kind of story from Japanese(?) myths about being a sacrifice to be married to a snake woman and then dooming the entire family/clan for trying to escape....

It's on the tip of my tongue but I'm 100% sure I've encountered this story before.

I guess you mention Bandai, the demon from Dororo (the story around 50 years ago). Dororo's original story in 1969 and the newer version included many Japanese folk lores.
Dec 20, 2019 11:21 AM
Apr 2017
It just hurt me the way Mitsuri said to Obanai not to die:( and then the flashback... I really do not want him to die but as to what I think about the battle, it is possible that Muzan just kill him without being too wounded by Iguro

I really would like him to live ( i mean everyone) but I am just tired to see everyone dying <|3
Dec 20, 2019 12:28 PM
Oct 2019
The story will be dramatic and interesting if the person who will save Obanai is Tanjiro, the one he bullied and looked down on.
Dec 22, 2019 12:10 PM

Jan 2009
oh backstory for the Snake Pillar finally huh and he intends to die battling Muzan eh i wonder if the Love Pillar and him will die together and have them confess their love for each other in purgatory or heaven realm damn that will be sad but i can see it happening somehow
Dec 22, 2019 12:38 PM

Feb 2018
Now that Obanai said he intends to die I really think he won't.
Dec 22, 2019 1:12 PM

Sep 2018
I seriously think that Gotouge-sensei cant do wrong with her flashbacks/origins !

We finally got Obanai flashbacks and its amazing, Obanai x Kanroji is now my favorite ship :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Dec 22, 2019 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
Primo_Itoko said:

Yeah I don't think Obanai is gonna die since he actually seeks death.

Same with Sanemi I think the Pillars who truly want to die will survive while those without a death wish will most likely pay the piper.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 22, 2019 1:22 PM

Jan 2009
Primo_Itoko said:

welp Shinobu intended to die like she even given death flags when she trained Tanjiro and look she died lol so there is a chance the Snake Pillar will die too but its just a high chance and not absolute
Dec 22, 2019 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
We finally got some backstory for the snake guy. I'm actually hoping he won't die despite these new death flags.
Dec 22, 2019 2:50 PM

Oct 2017
Please Gotouge. Don’t kill Iguro. Please let him be happy with Mitsuri. T___T
Dec 22, 2019 3:03 PM

Feb 2018
deg said:
Primo_Itoko said:

welp Shinobu intended to die like she even given death flags when she trained Tanjiro and look she died lol so there is a chance the Snake Pillar will die too but its just a high chance and not absolute

Shinobu's death was to defeat a demon, same for Tokito and Genya, actually even Rengoku. While everyone can die fighting Muzan, including Tanjiro if we go for a tragic ending, those who want to die for the heck of it seems less likely to for me. Don't know why
Dec 22, 2019 6:16 PM

Mar 2015
he want simple thing, but the world reject him.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 22, 2019 6:19 PM

Jun 2016
Primo_Itoko said:
deg said:

Shinobu's death was to defeat a demon, same for Tokito and Genya, actually even Rengoku. While everyone can die fighting Muzan, including Tanjiro if we go for a tragic ending, those who want to die for the heck of it seems less likely to for me. Don't know why

Doubt it Shinobu intend to die and she die. So that contradicts what been said here.

Even if he was to defeat demon she technically was still seeking death just to kill the demon willing to throw away her life just to do it. Its basically the same thing. Muichiro,Genya and Rengoku didn t seek death they just got kill.
PrideRoyalIvyDec 22, 2019 6:46 PM

Dec 22, 2019 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
RIP Obanai. You can't get backstory and survive.

Dec 22, 2019 7:18 PM

Feb 2018
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Primo_Itoko said:

Doubt it Shinobu intend to die and she die. So that contradicts what been said here.

Even if he was to defeat demon she technically was still seeking death just to kill the demon willing to throw away her life just to do it. Its basically the same thing. Muichiro,Genya and Rengoku didn t seek death they just got kill.

I meant to say that their deaths were meaningful to their characterization, personal history, overall plot, etc. Aside from Muzan begin rightfully OP and wishing for Valhalla, I don't see any other elements to Obanai's death, at least for now. I can picture Kanroji, Tomioka, Himejima dying like everyone else, their deaths would be impactful like the ones that happened before, Obanai still lacks characterization for that, if he dies his death would be as impactful as the demons ones, which is a lot but not as much as his colleges. And killing Sanemi would be too cruel with Genya's death.

But again,the stakes are really high here, wouldn't be surprised if everyone but Nezuko dies.
Dec 22, 2019 9:13 PM

Aug 2015
I feel like... This is so sad...
The ship is cannon!!!!!!!
But it makes it even more sad that way..
Just.. why... T_T

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Dec 22, 2019 10:22 PM

Apr 2018
Oh noo please don't let Snakeboy die. I want to see him confess
Dec 23, 2019 1:40 AM

Nov 2018
Obanai's backstory part was really nice
And hell yeah Obanai x Kanroji is on!!

I don't want them to die though :')
Dec 23, 2019 2:52 AM

Jun 2016
Primo_Itoko said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

I meant to say that their deaths were meaningful to their characterization, personal history, overall plot, etc. Aside from Muzan begin rightfully OP and wishing for Valhalla, I don't see any other elements to Obanai's death, at least for now. I can picture Kanroji, Tomioka, Himejima dying like everyone else, their deaths would be impactful like the ones that happened before, Obanai still lacks characterization for that, if he dies his death would be as impactful as the demons ones, which is a lot but not as much as his colleges. And killing Sanemi would be too cruel with Genya's death.

But again,the stakes are really high here, wouldn't be surprised if everyone but Nezuko dies.

I see your point Yeah you maybe right. I guess we will see. Though I seriously doubt Tomioka and Kanroji is gonna die. They been plot armour for quite a while

Tanjiro has been plot armour as well
PrideRoyalIvyDec 23, 2019 2:56 AM

Dec 23, 2019 2:55 AM

Jun 2016
Anyone realise that Giyu and Sanemi didn t say single word this chapter despite being on chapter. Himejima did but not this two lol

Dec 23, 2019 4:41 AM
Dec 2018
Obanai finally got an backstory and now I'm sad.
He grew on me during this chapter and I don't want him to die...
And I freaked tf out when Kanroji got hurt.
Dec 23, 2019 12:58 PM

Dec 2016
ok if Kanroji dies im actually dropping this
Dec 23, 2019 4:15 PM
Mar 2015
50 people died because he escaped from the snake demon
Dec 23, 2019 6:30 PM

Nov 2016
I know this is standard for this series, but damn, Iguro's past was fucked up and made me really sad. The fact that he feels guilty due to his family and wants to free himself from the burden with his death even tho he isn't guilty of anything, that's just...

Hope his ship with Kanroji is going to sail.

P.S. Title of this chapter should be: "Iguro did nothing wrong"

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2019 8:34 AM

Jan 2018
Never really liked this guy but still that past hurts bro.
Dec 24, 2019 11:14 AM

Mar 2018
Death flag as christmas present, great.

Jk jk, Obanai backstory as christmas present, heck yeah!
Dec 24, 2019 5:25 PM

Jan 2016
Finally fucking Obanai's backstory.

Also lul, the ship went harder.
Dec 26, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2017
So does showing Iguro's flashback foreshadow anything?

Dec 28, 2019 9:58 PM

Oct 2019
Shit, you know this series is heading for the climax (a lot of good people are going to die). I don't want this guy to die without telling his feelings to her.
Dec 29, 2019 5:14 PM

May 2018
SO MY FINALS ARE DONE AND THIS IS WHAT I COME BACK TO

I put off manga for three months and this is what I come back to

If I didn't ship characters would it have made me feel any better??? Probably not.
Jan 6, 2020 8:02 AM

Oct 2013
What...?! Iguro's backstory at last? ;D

Hmm... quite interesting story he had. A sad one indeed, however I still dislike him and I think he is not that useful, but only keeps on complaining instead of acting do real.

I think we have a death flag put on Iguro and he is likely the next Pillar to fall. Not because of his backstory (Himejima's backstory was also revealed and he is still alive, for instance), but because of general feeling left by this chapter. Let's add to it his suicidal tendencies about fighting demons to the end and hidden strong feelings (love) towards Kanroji.

About Kanroji, it must've hurt so badly, lol. I hope she gets fixed soon. We mustn't forget about Muzan's poison.

Man, Muzan is going more and more wild as the battle proceeds. He knows for sure that those Pillars won't let him get away so easily and that the dawn is nigh.
May 20, 2020 12:35 AM

Feb 2018
It seems like Kanroji's hand was broken and this is a flashback from Iguro which is very sad indeed to be a sacrifice.
May 24, 2020 9:42 PM

Jan 2016
Okay the author can NOT give me all this info on those two and just end up killing one of or both of them off

I want them to end up together and happy after everything is over... :<
Jul 3, 2020 12:45 PM

Jun 2017
I still want more of Yoriichi's backstory! It left me hanging.😢😢

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 3, 2020 1:09 PM
Oct 2019
KoniginElle said:
I still want more of Yoriichi's backstory! It left me hanging.😢😢

As you wish, this is from Volume 21 extra:
Sep 6, 2020 12:35 AM

May 2020
Iguro love at first sight to Kanroji. Iguro also had a not well-life. Hope he can say it to Kanroji.
Jan 31, 2021 1:22 PM
Jan 2021
What a weird backstory...
Jun 1, 2021 6:34 AM

Feb 2021
What a tragic and disgusting life for Iguro. He and to endure all this shit...Please don't die and tell Kanroji that you love her right now.

Nov 18, 2021 10:05 PM

Apr 2021
Back when I watched the anime I didn't like him much but now bruh I really like him....as I said before everyone's backstory is so painful in this manga ;-;
Apr 12, 2023 9:24 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The memories have tragic overtones!!! kekeke
Dec 10, 2023 10:00 PM
Sep 2023
very good backstory
Dec 21, 2023 10:24 AM
Apr 2020
Obanai's backstory is super crazy, but his and Mitsuri's relationship is really sweet

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate Infinity Fortress arc

Hereforanimes - Jul 15, 2023

24 by troilus_05s »»
Apr 25, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

8 by heyyitsaj1 »»
Feb 22, 5:29 AM

Poll: » NO SPOILERS How different is the Manga to this anime compared to the Anime?

Lost_Hearts - Jan 14

16 by Loops007 »»
Jan 17, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 207 Discussion

Cauliflawer - Jan 30, 2021

35 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 13, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 174 Discussion

PrideRoyalIvy - Sep 12, 2019

32 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 10, 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.