Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2019 1:42 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Ace of Flashing Strikes"

Heh, that fight was a curb stomp for Licht. That Major David guy what he deserved if you ask me. Poor Hina. She was so lonely during her adventures since her mother went away. Honestly, this second episode was more emotional the first first one.

Dec 8, 2019 1:43 PM

Mar 2017
Found the 2nd episode better than the first kinda funny especially the walking part XD also in 2 fucking episodes how much is hina gonna cry
Dec 8, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2018
Is it just me of does GEEKTOYS’ animation improve little by little for each anime they do
Dec 8, 2019 4:10 PM

Mar 2017
I see potential for this anime, will definitely watch when it airs
Dec 8, 2019 4:37 PM
Error

Jun 2016
Wasn't able to watch it. Was saying "Video not available" now it's private but they said it'll be on funimation until December 9th 9pm UTC. But I can't find it sadly.I did watched the first episode in French though, but only the first episode is available there.
Dec 9, 2019 10:14 AM

Jan 2019
Ugh, only one episode and MC is so annoying so far. What the fuck was that first impression with Hina? She also seems kinda useless tbh

Idk, probably gonna drop this one since this season is pretty stocked
Dec 9, 2019 11:22 AM

Dec 2017
why was this picked up by funi? it's quite fucking bad. they even have the dub actors for it ready... man, why you waste time and funds on shit like this
Dec 9, 2019 12:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Bryxn said:
Is it just me of does GEEKTOYS’ animation improve little by little for each anime they do
hahaha it's exactly what I was thinking, it's still quite bad but guess they'll do something better next time lol
Dec 9, 2019 12:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Actually it's not really good but It's still kinda entertaining to watch, that battle was a bit ridiculous though lol
Dec 9, 2019 12:43 PM

May 2016
It's alright, nothing special but quite enjoyable, it's nice to see GEEKTOYS grow little by little though.
Dec 9, 2019 5:01 PM

Mar 2018
Ehistox said:
It's alright, nothing special but quite enjoyable, it's nice to see GEEKTOYS grow little by little though.
my thoughts exactly
Dec 9, 2019 11:39 PM

Oct 2017
Licht has a cool title "Ace of Flashing Strikes" and he is really fast as his title says. The fight was okay but lol it was funny to see him hurt the opponent by just moving. Also GEEKTOYS is doing a pretty good job animating this considering this is only their third anime.
Dec 10, 2019 12:58 AM
Dec 2019
licht is not the legendary ace that hina searched isnt it?
Dec 10, 2019 1:38 AM

Jul 2016
The dragon scenes shown in the flashback feel so out of place if you read the manga lol.

Esseexx said:
licht is not the legendary ace that hina searched isnt it?

Technically, "no". Saying anything beyond that would be considers as spoiler so I won't give an full answer.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 10, 2019 1:54 AM
Dec 10, 2019 7:12 AM

Sep 2017
just i thought the fight animation was mediocre, hope they will improve by little each episode. should have read the manga again, the art is so good there
Dec 10, 2019 10:51 AM
Dec 2015
Over Power, these anime had potential. nice heroin character also.
Dec 10, 2019 11:11 AM
Nov 2019
Looks promising so far - Hina is a bit annoying but hopefully will mellow and wise-up a little...

Without giving too much away what's a "Ballot"?
Dec 10, 2019 2:49 PM
Nov 2018
You guys saw these episodes separately? They were both one 44-minute episode at kissanime ru.
Dec 10, 2019 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
I think MC might be a bit to OP but I like badass op characters so whatever. It looks promising but now it’s gonna be annoying having to wait a while after watching first 2 epaiode
Dec 11, 2019 1:32 AM

Jul 2016
penrhos said:

Basically the weapons used for the Red Barons and soldiers. If you talking about that black ball Hina holding, I can't said much about that since everything I said will considers as spoilers.
Dec 11, 2019 2:59 AM

Jul 2017
Continuing from back-to-back Episode 1, the legendary Red Baron Licht is clearly badass from his status as the "Ace of Flashing Strikes". The fight itself was mostly a joke, but when Licht does rampage, his Count is somewhat weird to count on (like being women-rejected 999 times? That's some insane disadvantage to full-on OP power).

With that, Hina has found what her mom has told her to do. And her mom's Ballot memento, is a slap to the face as Licht takes off with it. Once again, she's blindsided for an item that could change the lives of those who own it. HEH all that BIG TALK about being "legendary" for 300 years, and to be gone.

For pretty much the start, she's a tool to be used until she can discern what's truly going on in this world. There's still many a ways to go with this great manga, let's just see how the anime adaptation handles the rest the next month onwards.
Dec 11, 2019 3:39 PM

Dec 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
penrhos said:

Basically the weapons used for the Red Barons and soldiers. If you talking about that black ball Hina holding, I can't said much about that since everything I said will considers as spoilers.

if you have read manga can I ask question? is there something special in negative numbers? like they are the reason for Licht not aging or/and powers?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 11, 2019 6:13 PM
Nov 2019
Nieznajomy43 said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

if you have read manga can I ask question? is there something special in negative numbers? like they are the reason for Licht not aging or/and powers?
I don't want to spoil but no they aren't like that.
Dec 12, 2019 12:40 AM

Jul 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Like the guy above said the negative count has nothing to do with his aging. If anything, the aging and powers has more to do with the Red Baron title itself.
Dec 13, 2019 2:43 AM

Apr 2017
I watched ep 1 and 2 as one ep and it was pretty lit, funny how livechart still counts 26days for ep1 to air when 2eps already aired lol, ...a whole month for ep1 to air then a week after for ep2 so I'll be waiting for 33days to see ep3 and know what's nxt... oh well.
Dec 14, 2019 12:26 AM
May 2014
Hegar said:
You guys saw these episodes separately? They were both one 44-minute episode at kissanime ru.

r u russian? I watched them at Animevost 😁
Dec 14, 2019 2:49 AM
Nov 2018
Yahoooeu said:
Hegar said:

r u russian? I watched them at Animevost 😁

Why would I be Russian? Kissanime has changed hosts now and then as they show anime episodes for free without asking. Now they've been at .ru for some time, maybe they don't get kicked off there.
HegarDec 14, 2019 3:14 AM
Dec 26, 2019 3:29 PM

May 2017
I'm intrigued, but I don't think I can take much more of our litte damsel in distress here. Mangaka of Battle Shonen really need to stop adding main characters with that stereotype.

That said, I liked how over the top the fight was. The art is fine and the setting seems interesting. Let's see how this developes.
Dec 30, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2016
Writingwise and from a technical standpoint it's really bad to mediocre at best, but it's still somewhat fun. Will give this another episode or two.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 30, 2019 9:54 AM

Sep 2018
someone tell the writer to stop creating female characters altogether
why make her this annoying and useless?
Dec 30, 2019 2:53 PM

Oct 2018
I wasn't impressed by the first two episodes... 3/5 for both of them. I will most likely drop it around episode 5
Dec 31, 2019 12:16 AM
Jul 2017
We seem to be in a medieval world and suddenly, towards the end, the bad guy whips out a headset, so I'm guessing there are going to be guns and helicopters later.

Although the fight was pretty flashy, everything else is just so painful. It is only episode 2 and we are shoved into a remorse scene. You have to build up the characters long enough to make me feel invested, otherwise it is just cringe and try-hard.

Seriously, she only met that pervert 2 times now and she bawls her eyes over how that he saved her from her years of loneliness. The first time she encountered him, he groped her leg and she kicked him in the face. The second time, he saved her and yeeted away.

Also, how does Hina not know anything about the world? She walked 44100 km through towns, deserts, and grasslands, yet she is as clueless as I am. If there's one thing I took so far, it is that every episode later is somehow going to involve Hina and her thighs. The sexualization is just not my thing, and the hot protagonist pervert is just pushing it.

I don't know why I was expecting something, considering this is one of those shows.

Edit: Check out the new Witcher show on Netflix for a good adventure
14046Dec 31, 2019 12:22 AM
Dec 31, 2019 3:49 AM
Nov 2019
I've watched both preview Ep. and I'm not impressed - Hina is completely lacking in everything - and I suspect her number being where it is to justify some fanservice.

I suspect she'll bumble through at least half of the episodes before some crisis will occur and she'll suddenly become OP in some way.

Bit of a twist at the end where the guards have modern headsets...

I'll give it 4 Ep. before I'll make the drop or not decision.
Jan 1, 2020 3:29 AM

Dec 2014
Will give this a couple more episodes, but I can see myself dropping this unless Hina sorts herself she is so annoying
Jan 1, 2020 9:22 AM
Dec 2018
Just read the manga if you think the anime has bad animation cause the Manga actually has good art
Jan 1, 2020 9:52 AM
Jan 2016
uninstallthegame said:
why was this picked up by funi? it's quite fucking bad. they even have the dub actors for it ready... man, why you waste time and funds on shit like this

Maybe, just maybe the manga is legitimitely good with great twists and fantastic art.
Jan 1, 2020 9:58 AM
Jan 2016
Okay, so I get why people would drop it based on the first 2 episodes.
Animation is quite lackluster compared to the manga's awesome art (I love Minazuki Suu's style)

Do yourselves a favor and give the manga a chance. Around Chapter 8 it starts to get really different and quite intriguing.
Jan 2, 2020 10:08 PM
May 2016
Two episodes in and not that impressed. Not into the art and don't really like any of the characters besides the waitress since she seems to be the only one who isn't a douche or an idiot. Will give this a couple more episodes.
Jan 2, 2020 11:42 PM
Aug 2018
I think this episode is way better then the first but it needs a little improvement on many parts, I hear the manga gets better after the first few couple of chapters so I’ll give this series a chance
Jan 3, 2020 2:57 AM

Nov 2014
that guy looks wayyy too young to be a Sergeant Major. I heard the other soldiers calling him "Sergeant" in Japanese so could this just be a translation error? After all in real life it's impossible to achieve the rank of Sergeant Major without at least 15 to 20 years of service.

The scene where the plushie exploded into flowers and a ballot is so freaking beautiful i think that's gonna be my new desktop wallpaper now

Love the design for Hina but the Licht's eyes look weird sometimes

Also I'll never understand why girls would wear a button-up shirt and expose their bra like that. Maybe their breast are too big to fit?? >.>

This reminds me so much of Seven Deadly Sins, which I dropped on eps 1, what with the perverted hella strong secretly a legend main male character always molesting the dumbly naive and pure and innocent main female lead. But although I hate this kind of characters, I would prefer these 2 over the seven deadly sins' 2 main lead cause Licht and Hina actually have a personality, while the 7 deadly sin mc deadpans the entire time and has no seemingly personality and doesn't even show care and treats the main girl like a tool like a sex toy and the main girl doesn't even flinch when she gets molested she just stand/sits there like a doll and let the mc fondle her

anyway i read the manga and it's gonna get pretty good. some of y'all (and reviewers) and judging way too early and being too harsh. it's only 2 episodes. what happened to the 3 episode rule?? lol
Jan 3, 2020 3:01 AM

Nov 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

Like the guy above said the negative count has nothing to do with his aging. If anything, the aging and powers has more to do with the Red Baron title itself.
without spoiling, is Licht really not the Legendary Ace Hina's mom told her to find? Or is he just lying?
Jan 3, 2020 4:38 AM

Jul 2016
ttcchen said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

without spoiling, is Licht really not the Legendary Ace Hina's mom told her to find? Or is he just lying?

Without spoiling, yep Licht was lying at her.
Jan 3, 2020 7:36 AM

Jan 2019
does it start with episode 3? and when does it air?
Jan 3, 2020 10:58 AM

Jan 2018
Damn, a fantasy like series with an mc swordsmen and plenty of fan service? We definitely don't get these anymore. I'll give it another episode, but this was completely forgettable.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jan 3, 2020 2:24 PM

Nov 2014
For such great premise, I'm rather disappointed. I hoped for numbers to play more active role and just excuse for standard fantasy action. Licht seems kinda fun and I like how strong he is, but other than that I don't have high hopes.
Jan 3, 2020 3:59 PM

Aug 2015
this was setting up to be an interesting world before the stars betting nonsense to force action and plot devices and how stupid op licht is. unfortunately my guess based on the cover seems to be right in that this is just gonna be another predictable trope-fest with way too much fanservice. i'm gonna keep watching but atm my expectations are very low and it's leaning towards a hate-watch.
Jan 3, 2020 5:01 PM
Dec 2019
Gonna be really interesting if the show can pull this around like some of the manga readers suggest. The times I have watched an anime where the first episodes were bad but the show got good later were... actually, I can't remember any. At least I'm not yet in the mood to drop the show like I was after the bland and annoying first episode of Black Clover.

I look at it like this: either the show continues being as bad as the first two episodes and I have fun, or it gets better and becomes decent, which is also great. So this will be somewhat of a win-win in my book :]
SylverthasJan 3, 2020 5:06 PM
Jan 5, 2020 5:18 AM

Oct 2011
That was a rollercoaster, at first Licht was nice, even cute and then he was suddenly an ass ._.
He has this soft look, I just couldn't believe he could be a bad guy but still I wasn't sure what to think about it.
I feel bad for Hina, she searched for so long and then he's just running away.

It's starting pretty interesitng and I wonder what's the deal with the guy at the end of the episode.
Jan 5, 2020 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Hegar said:

I also only saw a 44min episode but not on that site.

I'm really liking the show from what I can see so far. Loving the twists and turns I hope it keeps going like this.

Seems like Licht has no choice but to do what he is doing. He looked sad as the number on his hand changed at the end.
Jan 7, 2020 8:04 AM

Jul 2014
This was nice! I was expecting some cliche shit when the female mc kept on screaming at the top of her lungs to for MC to wait for her but he gave her the fcking cold shoulder, twas pretty badass. I chuckled when his number of getting rejected went up to -1000 when she screamed she hates him lol. Anyways how was that a fcking rejection? he never even confessed to her let alone showed some interest in getting in a relationship with her, tho he was pervy around her back in ep1 but that wasn't really him asking her out lol.
I guess the numbers just gets another negative when a girl tells him she hates him regardless of the reason.

Anime looks like a cool fantasy OP mc setting, love his weapon of choice being a long ass katana combined with him apparently having enchanced speed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

20 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Mar 26, 6:40 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

195 by yourfav_r »»
Jan 10, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2020

63 by vhowl »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.