Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, that food or whatever Hina is cooking up scares me. Ugh. Can't believe we're getting an episode about a cooking battle lol

Jail showing up kinda killed the mood and he didn't waste time getting into another fight with Licht.

Feb 19, 2020 9:35 AM

Apr 2016
That Jail dude really have a nasty habit of destroying public property.
Feb 19, 2020 9:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The cooking contest was fun but Jail ruined it :(
Feb 19, 2020 10:39 AM

Feb 2019
I have no idea where this show is going, but this episode that didn't seem to advance the plot at all was at least funnier than the last one.

Well, I guess the plot did advance with the post credit scene

So, there is an abyss demon.

With the government keeping people from flying, and not wanting people to artificially inflate their numbers with ballots, maybe they are working for the demons, and the demons demand sacrifice....like that other show from last year, you know the one.
HOOfan_1Feb 19, 2020 10:45 AM
Feb 19, 2020 10:55 AM

Mar 2019
Okay this is objectively the best episode by far. It's still stupid. It's still really really dumb. It still makes me ask the question "Why the hell am I watching this?" But at least it didn't make me hate myself
Feb 19, 2020 11:08 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty silly episode. Thou the contest between Hina and Lynn was pretty fun.
Feb 19, 2020 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
Well that happened. I couldn't possibly go above a three, but it did make me laugh.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 19, 2020 12:04 PM

Jun 2016
A cooking contest, just what this show needed. Not

All those background faces made me laugh tho, so I guess this episode was worth the watch after all

Feb 19, 2020 1:47 PM
May 2014
RegalTheReaL said:
Okay this is objectively the best episode by far. It's still stupid. It's still really really dumb. It still makes me ask the question "Why the hell am I watching this?" But at least it didn't make me hate myself

yeah, but it's just me or the art is getting worse by the episode?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2020 3:03 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that cook-off felt completely pointless. Why do we need that kind of filler content now all of a sudden? Not that the show was particularly great anyway but come on
Feb 19, 2020 5:31 PM

Dec 2016
It was pointless. Licht is awful MC, nobody should be attracted to him character wise. Just awful episode.

That bear trap was quite funny.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 19, 2020 5:38 PM

Mar 2019
cristinacke28 said:
RegalTheReaL said:

yeah, but it's just me or the art is getting worse by the episode?

It's been bad since episode 1 what are you talking about?
Feb 19, 2020 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
HOOfan_1 said:
I have no idea where this show is going, but this episode that didn't seem to advance the plot at all was at least funnier than the last one.

With the government keeping people from flying, and not wanting people to artificially inflate their numbers with ballots, maybe they are working for the demons, and the demons demand sacrifice....like that other show from last year, you know the one.
HOOfan_1 said:

Yep definitely demons.
Feb 19, 2020 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
RegalTheReaL said:
Well this whole episode was filler.
Feb 19, 2020 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
this was filler I watched it 2x speed
Feb 19, 2020 7:36 PM

Aug 2012
Why am I still watching this?
Feb 19, 2020 7:38 PM

Mar 2019
AnimeDane said:
RegalTheReaL said:
Well this whole episode was filler.

When the filler episode is better than the rest of the show I think you might have some problems
Feb 19, 2020 7:39 PM

Mar 2019
Alecks said:
Why am I still watching this?

I ask myself this question every single week when it's time to put it on
Feb 19, 2020 8:23 PM
Mar 2015
That episode was boaring and unbearable
Feb 19, 2020 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
This anime looked like it would be very good, cool first episode, interesting universe ... but from the third episode, it was just disappointment. They completely forgot about the anime universe and the story itself, completely focused on comedy. But the comedy in this anime is horrible, the comic time is all wrong, very silly and boring jokes. In addition to the horrible animation, there are some frames, even if you want to watch nanatsu 3.
The same thing happened last season with "Assassins Pride", I wonder what will be the disappointment of the next season now.
removed-userFeb 19, 2020 8:46 PM
Feb 19, 2020 8:49 PM

Sep 2016
Anime was quite clear about the type of fanservice since ep 1.

If you can't deal with trashy humor, it just ain't 4 ya. Don't try to like what you can't like.

Shokugeki no Hina this episode.

The censorship of the bear's gut was horrendous tho, lol.
bruh
Feb 19, 2020 10:57 PM
Jul 2009
This episode was kind of pointless filler with the cook-off which I find enjoyable funny between Lynn and Hina, the bear trap was unexpected from Hina of all people and craving a knife into it, a bit off character for her imo but it was interesting one I guess yet the censorship wasn't though. I want to say this, regardless I fairly enjoy the anime how it is for the story, the concept and the characters aren't that bad in my eyes. Everybody has their own opinion and such, but you don't force yourself to watch it and bash it to tell how bad it is, just don't waste on it and move toward some other anime you may find to enjoy on your own time.
Feb 20, 2020 12:18 AM

Feb 2019
Man Idc what the MAL score says or what anyone says, I love this show. It's genuinely hilarious, the world and count system are all very interesting and Hina and the rest of the girls are adorable. I don't mind the ecchi shit Licht does either. My only complaint is that there's some glaring potholes most noticeably how Hina has been wandering around for years yet seems to have no idea how anything works
Feb 20, 2020 1:36 AM

Jul 2016
So..... what's the point of make this filler episode? This episode barely had any story plot (Aside of near the end of the episode which should be include on previous episode instead) and it's just wasting my time (This is even worse than some of Bleach fillers). They should have adapts Ch. 7 into this episode instead on EP8. I do enjoy Hina's hunting, tho. Lol

Based on the EP8 preview, it looks like they will adapts two chapters into one episode, seeing how Rihito and Nana said Jail will "die" in the next episode (Which I can't think any moments looks like that except of Sonohara's debut).
MahiaErebeaNegiFeb 20, 2020 1:40 AM
Feb 20, 2020 1:37 AM
Jan 2020
Why the hell these guys don't have any epic battles yet?
That cook off was funny, and the Anime is interesting overall but nothing epic has happened yet.......
Feb 20, 2020 3:05 AM

Jul 2017
OH GOD a filler? I'd already expect this to be bad enough, BUT NOPE, to add salt into the fire, fillers instead of the decent story we've had the past episodes.

In this seemingly fabricated side story, Licht was SO CLOSE to having his "harem" between Lynn and Hina, not to mention the addition of bartender waitress Nana being the meditator. The cook-off was somewhat jarring, but it is barely watchable, and let's welcome the usual clichés!

The bear's guts being censored was laughingly horrible, but props for trying.

To compare Lynn and Hina is like Heaven and Hell (by appearance alone), and Licht has to be at the center of it all. When all goes well, Iron Jail has to clamp this long bearing issue...THAT as usual, goes berserk without second thought.

And of course, the continuation from last episode's cliffhanger scenes, hopefully will progress the story fron now on.
Feb 20, 2020 4:14 AM
Jun 2019
Lol, these are the sort of comments I'd expect if Gordon Ramsay reviewed Maccas.
Feb 20, 2020 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
Who would have thought Hina's a Savage Hunter!!!
5/5.

Feb 20, 2020 6:10 AM

Mar 2017
This is getting very tiresome... 80% of every episode is just them messing around then 15% is Licht having a massive fight with someone and the remaining 5% is them making a 'comedic' get away. Also, when is the actually PLOT going to happen?!
Feb 20, 2020 8:50 AM

Nov 2018
Does this show even have a plot or are just random things thrown in each episode?

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟ ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀꜱᴀʟ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜꜱ.
Feb 20, 2020 9:08 AM
Jul 2019
So, in the end jail doesn't arrest Licth..........
Feb 20, 2020 10:25 AM

Dec 2016
LukasMarduke said:
I wonder what will be the disappointment of the next season now.

by looking at MAL list I think one or all these series could become disappointment.

• "Hamefura, I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags…" (it looks like it will be generic "I'm not like the other isekai" isekai but I could be wrong)

• "Gleipnir" (from what I heard at the beginning manga is good but later become more and more focused on fanservice) where I saw it already? *ekhm* Fairy Tail *ekhm*

• "Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045" (many people are already disappointed and trailers didn't showed anything interesting)

Probably there will be more worst anime but these most likely will stay as niche series.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Feb 20, 2020 10:53 AM
May 2016
Ugh this has just become unbearable.
Feb 20, 2020 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:
LukasMarduke said:
I wonder what will be the disappointment of the next season now.

by looking at MAL list I think one or all these series could become disappointment.

• "Hamefura, I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags…" (it looks like it will be generic "I'm not like the other isekai" isekai but I could be wrong)

• "Gleipnir" (from what I heard at the beginning manga is good but later become more and more focused on fanservice) where I saw it already? *ekhm* Fairy Tail *ekhm*

• "Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045" (many people are already disappointed and trailers didn't showed anything interesting)

Probably there will be more worst anime but these most likely will stay as niche series.

Yes, there will always be bad anime. However, what makes Plunderer and Assassin's Pride a disappointment is the expectation of "best anime of the season" that they had.
Of those you mentioned, I don't see any as "promising best anime of the season". In fact the most anticipated anime of the next season are continuations and good anime. We may not have any major disappointments next season. So I hope.
Feb 20, 2020 11:48 AM

Dec 2016

I don't think Plunderer and Assassins Pride were ever considered as potential "best anime of the season".
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Feb 20, 2020 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:

I don't think Plunderer and Assassins Pride were ever considered as potential "best anime of the season".

At least they were the anime with the largest number of members before the debut here in MAL (except for the sequels, of course). And both had their very good first episodes, especially Assassin's Pride. And it can vary from region to region, here in Brazil many channels on youtube considered these animes as the "main promises of the season".
Feb 20, 2020 2:30 PM

Mar 2019
This anime is slowly turning into a guilty pleasure instead of being an actual good show.. just like Assassin's Pride
Feb 20, 2020 6:00 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Wow this show is dizzyingly uneven 😵 As random as the cooking contest was (tho Hina’s savage culinary skills were quite epic 😅), the fight was even worse. Why would the up-til-now-completely-ruthless Jail suddenly decide to stop fighting and just... hang out instead? 🤨
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 20, 2020 9:10 PM
Jan 2016
.....What even is this show? Lol. I couldn't even tell you what the plot is....from the preview for next episode it looked like there was gonna be plot but then the preview goes from them fighting a demon to Jail and Licht getting drunk and fucking with eachother......like how do those two things happen in the same episode? Lol. This show may be shit, but it sure as hell isn't boring lol.
Feb 21, 2020 12:58 AM

May 2019
Them stopping randomly was a little odd, ngl. I don't know why I genuinely enjoy watching this a lot?

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 21, 2020 1:00 PM

Feb 2015
This seemed like a rather short episode, they just start to fight and then the show was over. I mean really nothing much happened here. I think this 2 will end up like Samurai Champloo.
"Miharu denki desu"
Feb 21, 2020 2:51 PM

May 2018
Did anyone read the manga and can tell me if this series has a plot or something? or does it stay episodic?
Feb 21, 2020 4:30 PM

Dec 2017
Rider9530 said:
Did anyone read the manga and can tell me if this series has a plot or something? or does it stay episodic?

I've read the manga till the latest translation, and the manga does have a plot and it's really good imo. The anime feels episodic because they are adapting 1 chapter an episode as of now, and this episode is filler from what I heard (I didn't see the episode yet). Honestly they should adapt the manga at a faster pace (maybe 1.5 chapters/ep).

Also if someone else has read the manga

Feb 21, 2020 4:33 PM

May 2018
happyfacecool said:
Rider9530 said:

I've read the manga till the latest translation, and the manga does have a plot and it's really good imo. The anime feels episodic because they are adapting 1 chapter an episode as of now, and this episode is filler from what I heard (I didn't see the episode yet). Honestly they should adapt the manga at a faster pace (maybe 1.5 chapters/ep).

So on what chapter does it improve? or is the anime just adapting the manga in a bad way?
Feb 21, 2020 4:51 PM

Dec 2017
Rider9530 said:
happyfacecool said:

So on what chapter does it improve? or is the anime just adapting the manga in a bad way?

Chapter 7 which should have been this episode, but this episode was filler. However the arc after this is kinda episodic in the manga, and will be episodic in the anime if they don't adapt more than 1 chapter an episode. The anime is just adapting the manga in a poor way, and hopefully they improve the pacing to fix it.
Feb 21, 2020 7:12 PM

Apr 2019
Who the fuck eats bears? I supose that's a world where they're not facing exctintion. It was a weird but funny episode
Feb 21, 2020 7:58 PM
Jan 2017
Is it just me or this show just enjoys having comedic shortcuts? Just when something interesting is about to happen, the comedy overtakes the story. The dynamic between Licht and Jail shapes up to be one of the most interesting aspects of this show but right now, the show doesn't have any interest in dwelling on it. To be fair, the comedy on this episode was pretty great, especially when Hina dismembers a bear. Wow! That's not something you'd expect Hina to do, but I guess it makes sense because she's been wandering around for years. While this wasn't a bad episode, it didn't do much to move the story forward.
Feb 22, 2020 1:44 AM

Jul 2016
happyfacecool said:

Pretty sure they would given that arc has 15 chapters in total and the pacing they currently went at least need 4 more episodes (28 episodes) to ends the anime. So unless they went filler/original ending or rushed the story, there's no why in hell they were able to adapt 15 chapters into 12 episodes.
Feb 22, 2020 8:38 AM

Dec 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
happyfacecool said:

Pretty sure they would given that arc has 15 chapters in total and the pacing they currently went at least need 4 more episodes (28 episodes) to ends the anime. So unless they went filler/original ending or rushed the story, there's no why in hell they were able to adapt 15 chapters into 12 episodes.

Yeah that makes sense. I really do wonder what they will do later, but guess we got to wait and see
Feb 22, 2020 10:32 AM

Mar 2012
I though this was going to be a good series. It is sad for me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

20 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Mar 26, 6:40 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

195 by yourfav_r »»
Jan 10, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2020

87 by Kizoku_150 »»
Sep 11, 2023 11:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.