Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2019 5:50 PM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Spoilers of chapter 184

All Random demon slayers attempt to attack Muzan by fail and all got kill
- 30 minutes left for dawn.
- The hunters sacrifice themselves for the victory of the Pillars.
- Muzan has poisonous blood.
- Half of Tanjirō's face is burned, Muzan says he has died.
- Giyuu falls into impotence for not being able to protect Tanjiro as he did not do it with Sabito in due course.
Tanjiro got poison by Muzan

Damn will Tanjiro dies. I doubt it

Nov 21, 2019 7:56 AM

May 2018
SO there are these possibilities:
- Zenitsu & Co. will arrive at the scene just for the drama

Then
-> 1. Nezuko & Co. are coming and Nezuko saves her brother

or

-> 2. Tanjiro is immune to demon blood. They said that some chapters before that there are people who are immune to demon blood. Maybe he will have flashbacks from the past like the others did with muzans blood (maybe the scene where muzan nearly got killed). Then he learns the 13. form and kills muzan maybe sacrificing himself...

-> 3. he just dies but no...I don't wanna see him die... I just can't D:

For those who want a pic:

xSayumiNov 21, 2019 10:27 AM

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Nov 21, 2019 10:14 AM

Jan 2015
WAAAAAAIIIIIIITTTTT WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?
Huh hell no I won’t believe this shit
Tanjiro can’t die, plot armor soon.

My hypothesis are the following:
• Nezuko will arrive somehow and cure Tanjirou thank to his healing blood technique
• Won’t die for whatever reason even tho half of his face is...gone?
• Yushiro is using his technique on Muzan
• 13th form unlocked and will make Tanjirou survive
• Tanjirou becomes a demon, kills Muzan and then dies

I’m in disbelief right now

Goutoge already fooled us faking all the MCs’ deaths in the Red Light District arc, so I doubt she will kill Tanjirou off now
XenocrisiNov 21, 2019 10:31 AM
Nov 22, 2019 7:59 AM

Oct 2013
Whut... okay, this sounds so dumb and rushed... If this manga is gonna end like this then it will be the worst ending for it in my opinion. Predictable, simple, dull and cliche. :(
Nov 22, 2019 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
Adnash93 said:
Whut... okay, this sounds so dumb and rushed... If this manga is gonna end like this then it will be the worst ending for it in my opinion. Predictable, simple, dull and cliche. :(

Of course everyone have their opinions and everything, and I’m expecting a lot of conflicting ones on this chapter, yet it feels like we haven’t read the same pages
How is it predictable, dull, simple and cliched? The whole chapter was the complite opposite of the four
Just asking, I’m curious. And I think it’s kinda obvious it’s not gonna end this way tho
XenocrisiNov 22, 2019 10:30 AM
Nov 22, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2018
That was an amazing chapter.
Nov 22, 2019 11:34 AM
Mar 2015
They are desperately fighting to hold Muzan in the sunlight I do not think for a moment that Tanjior is gone for good Stay tuned
Nov 22, 2019 12:14 PM

Nov 2017
OOOOOOF
Tanjirou you better not die my boi. Well ofc he won't die lol

So i'm assuming Tanjirou is about to gain some demon powers and would now be able to defeat muzan? I wonder if we're going to see some more sacrifices in the coming chapters.

The lower members of the Demon Slayer Corps fought so bravely, it moved me a little
Nov 22, 2019 12:16 PM

Nov 2017
Adnash93 said:

I would love to read the super original and exciting Mangas you have written
Nov 22, 2019 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
1.5 hours left until sunrise damn

and when did Tanjiro ingested the blood of Muzan? damn im sure his sun breathing will keep him alive somehow and might control the demon blood like Nezuko did but for now he is knocked out and will stand up when all hope is lost for the heroes
Nov 22, 2019 12:58 PM

Oct 2016
Adnash93 said:

I don't know where this is predictable; yes, it would be kinda sad to have an ending where everyone dies but it would be, somehow, realistic. But again, this is Shounen Jump that we're talking about...

deg said:

and when did Tanjiro ingested the blood of Muzan? damn im sure his sun breathing will keep him alive somehow and might control the demon blood like Nezuko did but for now he is knocked out and will stand up when all hope is lost for the heroes

I think Tanjiro got all covered in Muzan's blood when the hunters were trying to protect them, it was a total mess.
Nov 22, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Adnash93 said:

Of course everyone have their opinions and everything, and I’m expecting a lot of conflicting ones on this chapter, yet it feels like we haven’t read the same pages
How is it predictable, dull, simple and cliched? The whole chapter was the complite opposite of the four
Just asking, I’m curious. And I think it’s kinda obvious it’s not gonna end this way tho

Ayy, I forgot to explain... I based my opinion at short several phrases describing what is this chapter all about. Basically it was something close to the summary from the first post.

I haven't read it myself. While I try to refrain from reading spoilers, sometimes my curiosity is too high and I read some of them voluntarily.

So, by explaining it further, that's the key points of the summarily of chapter 184 I read some hours ago: common demon slayer are dead, hashiras are close to be annihilated, Tanjirou is terribly wounded, it's close to dawn.

By that I thought that cliche ending of everyone dying after main character surprisingly rises from the ashes and wakes up his hidden superpower (I don't believe Tanjiro will die, because of plot armor, lol) would be average for such a good manga like Kimetsu no Yaiba.

However, just to remind, right now I'm in no position of commenting this chapter, because I haven't read it yet. After reading it I will comment again with full knowledge about it. Now I can only base my thoughts on summary I read.

Aniik8pv2 said:
Adnash93 said:

I would love to read the super original and exciting Mangas you have written

Sure thing buddy, you need to be a master cook to have moral right to say that you didn't enjoy your meal or to say that your soup was too cold. Seriously, are you in middle school or what, lol.

@Pink2646 , in terms of realism a draw is more possible I think. Muzan not getting Nezuko's powers and without his army of demons and almost all demon slayers killed - something like that. It wouldn't be contrary to former Oyakata's prophecy about "joining him soon in the afterlife", which was about demon slayers. Scenario with everyone killed is not contrary to it as well, unfortunately.
AdnashNov 22, 2019 6:50 PM
Nov 22, 2019 1:15 PM

Oct 2018
People seem to be forgetting that Nezuko's blood demon art can purge any demonic properties from a host. Nezuko will come to the rescue and Tanjiro isn't dead.

Nov 22, 2019 2:12 PM

Feb 2019
Tanjirou about to get a crazy Fucking power up once he absorbs those demon powers, I think it'll be a battle of wills that keeps him from turning. Muzan will be astonished and curse his luck next chapter. In other news, bro when Ufotable get their hands on this shit... God tier.
Nov 22, 2019 3:39 PM

Jan 2009
Pink2646 said:

deg said:

I think Tanjiro got all covered in Muzan's blood when the hunters were trying to protect them, it was a total mess.

ah ok that makse a lot of sense
Nov 22, 2019 5:54 PM

Mar 2015
one of rare case where i want plot armor actually works.

Adnash93 said:

this series is not going to end anytime soon.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 22, 2019 6:32 PM

Jan 2018
Well, I can more or less what's gonna happen next because some motherfuckers on fb are just spoiling everything.
Nov 22, 2019 6:53 PM

Oct 2013
Okay, I finally read this chapter. Man, this summary I read before reading was kinda crappy if you ask me, haha. This chapter sure, had some elements included in it, but was way, way more epic!

First of all, nothing felt rushed and illogical (or dumb). The battle is on, Muzan gets more and more angry as demon slayers appear in huge numbers to prolong the battle until the dawn comes. Tanjirou is also... well... Dead? I know he might be under "plot armor" and "hehe awesome power from Breath of the Sun", but let's not forget that Muzan's blood is deadly. He doesn't use it only to create demons or boost their powers, but it can be used also as a poison, toxic as hell to everyone. Tanjirou is a teenager and he received quite huge amount of blood. It's also a hint to us that Muzan's blood doesn't require any of his actions to work (create demons, poison humans etc.), it just needs contact with other person. Another thing is that every demon slayer is at risk. Basically one small wound can either turn them into demons under Muzan's control or kill them.

@Pink2646 , @Xenocrisi , I apologise guys. I was wrong. This chapter was one of the best in a while to be honest. It's a lesson to everyone that summaries, even if they are true to some point, might not completely catch the spirit of the thing they summarize. ;pp

Kuma said:
Adnash93 said:

this series is not going to end anytime soon.

I hope so, lol. As I said once before, while it might be the final arc for a manga called "Kimetsu no Yaiba" (which was already confirmed), it doesn't need to mean the end of Tanjirou's story and war with demons and Muzan. I think Muzan will survive somehow, stay without army, but will also leave demon slayers' forces greately weakened. Perfect scenario for another sequel manga with Tanjirou as an adult, entitled as "hashira", haha.

(I edited my post and fixed it; now the quote looks as it should be ;-)
AdnashDec 10, 2019 1:38 PM
Nov 22, 2019 7:46 PM
Nov 2019
Nezuko could use her blood demon art to burn out the poison like in the red light district. Tanjiro could have a flashback and use the 13th sun breathing form the most powerful one. I don't think Tanjiro will die though. Muzan isn't dumb so I don't think he will stall with them until sunrise. The most probable situation is that Nezuko will try to save her brother then Muzan will try to consume her to gain immunity from the sun but Muzan will have underestimated her strength and back him into a corner at least for long enough for additional help to arrive. I can't really predict the ending though it will be kind of lame if Muzan is just killed by the sun but I wonder if Tanjiro's sun breathing has the same effect as sunlight.
Nov 22, 2019 10:55 PM

Mar 2016
I need a confirmation. Is this true?
Nov 22, 2019 11:11 PM

Nov 2011
Breath of the Sun will probably help Tanjiro survived Muzan's bloods. Maybe he will become half-demon,have his hairs turn white and start wearing eyepatch.

Nov 22, 2019 11:29 PM

Jan 2009
Sheragin said:
I need a confirmation. Is this true?

lol thats Yushiro on previous chapters they just photoshop a bloody headband to make it look like Tanjiro

fake news lol

although sun breathing im sure help Nezuko control her demon blood so Tanjiro can do too im sure
Nov 22, 2019 11:46 PM

Mar 2016
deg said:

lol thats Yushiro on previous chapters they just photoshop a bloody headband to make it look like Tanjiro

fake news lol

although sun breathing im sure help Nezuko control her demon blood so Tanjiro can do too im sure

thanks for knocking some sense in me. I just re-check chapter 182 and yeah, it was Yuushiro
Nov 23, 2019 6:18 AM
Aug 2019
BattledemonZara said:
Nezuko could use her blood demon art to burn out the poison like in the red light district. Tanjiro could have a flashback and use the 13th sun breathing form the most powerful one. I don't think Tanjiro will die though. Muzan isn't dumb so I don't think he will stall with them until sunrise. The most probable situation is that Nezuko will try to save her brother then Muzan will try to consume her to gain immunity from the sun but Muzan will have underestimated her strength and back him into a corner at least for long enough for additional help to arrive. I can't really predict the ending though it will be kind of lame if Muzan is just killed by the sun but I wonder if Tanjiro's sun breathing has the same effect as sunlight.
You realize tamayo gave nezuko the pill that turns demons back to humans. If nezuko arrives she'll must likely be a human and wouldn't be able to use her demon powers
Nov 23, 2019 6:51 AM
Nov 2019
JustMasato said:
BattledemonZara said:
You realize tamayo gave nezuko the pill that turns demons back to humans. If nezuko arrives she'll must likely be a human and wouldn't be able to use her demon powers
who says it will work did it work on Muzan no. Remeber her pills are experimental so there is no guarantee it will work but to be fair Muzan is the longest living demon so it wouldn't be fair to compare him to Nezuko but who knows it's all the authors imagination.
Nov 23, 2019 9:36 AM

May 2018
Where are the other pillars, Sanemi and Gyoumei?
Nov 23, 2019 9:40 AM

Aug 2012
My pet theory is Yushiro is slightly manipulating Muzan's perception. We did not see him die and he is nowhere in this chapter. Also is interesting the sword through Muzan's head is nowhere to be found. So maybe things are not as bad as it seem. I definitely do not think Tanjiro is dead. While it would be realistic it would be a bit of a let down considering how much accent was put on him being able to use the Sun Breath style. About the medicine working or not I think is more a matter of amount. I think the medicine does work, but Muzan is such a huge entity that is not enough to affect him or if does affect him somehow it will take some time. Think about Douma: small doses of poison did jack shit to him. Only a huge amount damaged him and only after a few hours of fighting. Muzan is way more powerful than Douma so that small amount of medicine will not work. It will work on Nezuko since she did not consume any humans.
Gorochu said:

maybe recovering after the Kokushibo fight? Is weird. Consider there are plenty of people missing from his fight. I like the way it is just hope that the mangaka will not lengthen it artificially
Nov 23, 2019 9:50 AM

May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
My pet theory is Yushiro is slightly manipulating Muzan's perception. We did not see him die and he is nowhere in this chapter. Also is interesting the sword through Muzan's head is nowhere to be found. So maybe things are not as bad as it seem. I definitely do not think Tanjiro is dead. While it would be realistic it would be a bit of a let down considering how much accent was put on him being able to use the Sun Breath style. About the medicine working or not I think is more a matter of amount. I think the medicine does work, but Muzan is such a huge entity that is not enough to affect him or if does affect him somehow it will take some time. Think about Douma: small doses of poison did jack shit to him. Only a huge amount damaged him and only after a few hours of fighting. Muzan is way more powerful than Douma so that small amount of medicine will not work. It will work on Nezuko since she did not consume any humans.
Gorochu said:

maybe recovering after the Kokushibo fight? Is weird. Consider there are plenty of people missing from his fight. I like the way it is just hope that the mangaka will not lengthen it artificially

Yeah, Inosuke and Kanao are missing too. Zenitsu still injured if I remember correctly. Hopefully he got treated soon.
Nov 23, 2019 4:40 PM
Aug 2019
BattledemonZara said:
JustMasato said:
who says it will work did it work on Muzan no. Remeber her pills are experimental so there is no guarantee it will work but to be fair Muzan is the longest living demon so it wouldn't be fair to compare him to Nezuko but who knows it's all the authors imagination.
It didnt work on Muzan because he dissolved the drug by changing into the cocoon form
Nov 23, 2019 7:24 PM
Oct 2019
I agree with the idea that Tanjirou will not die easily.

However, from a extra chapter long ago, the author said that she was hooked on some fry dishes (seasoning with miso) but she did not have time to try them on weekends due to making Demon Slayer. Maybe she wants to finish the series sooner to enjoy her life? :) Suddenly becoming famous is difficult and a person can lose their personal free time. It's just my cheerful assumption. Who knows what in her mind?
Nov 23, 2019 8:09 PM

Oct 2013
Elvarth said:
I agree with the idea that Tanjirou will not die easily.

However, from a extra chapter long ago, the author said that she was hooked on some fry dishes (seasoning with miso) but she did not have time to try them on weekends due to making Demon Slayer. Maybe she wants to finish the series sooner to enjoy her life? :) Suddenly becoming famous is difficult and a person can lose their personal free time. It's just my cheerful assumption. Who knows what in her mind?

Hmm... interesting, however I would opt for the current arc to be the last one for this manga, but not for Tanjirou's story. :P After a break, even several months long, we could be able to get a sequel manga continuing the story and eventually finishing it.
Nov 24, 2019 6:08 AM

Oct 2017
Whoa, didn't expect Tanjiro to "die" so fast. Nice.
Nov 24, 2019 2:09 PM
Sep 2018
Omg man I hate how this chapter was too short, I want to badly see if Tanjiro gets resurrected into something bigger or if he actually gets killed off!Yeah?!?!?!?!
Nov 24, 2019 2:38 PM

Dec 2013
Massive respect to the fodder who protected the Hashiras!

RIP Tanjiro. The only thing that could Tanjiro at this point is Nezuko.
Nov 24, 2019 5:45 PM
Apr 2014
look how they massacred my boy

Nov 25, 2019 1:54 PM

Jul 2016
I think I would prefer the manga to end soon than be dragged unnecessarily. Hopefully, the end is satisfactory. But it would be great if after the end we got some specials, both with the future of the characters and some information on their past, especially the hashira.
Nov 25, 2019 9:24 PM

Jan 2011
Nezuko will save him with her "only affects demons" fire.

The way all the low levels sacrificed themselves though.
Nov 26, 2019 10:57 AM

Nov 2019
Muzan: Omai wa mou shinderu
Tanjiro: NANI *falls the fuck over*
Nov 26, 2019 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
My baby Tanjiro ;;
Nezuko, come save him!
Nov 27, 2019 7:11 AM

Oct 2013
Maybe it's time for Iguro to shine? Snake-kun can be helpful in removing the poison or something. I would appreciate Iguro's backstory as well.

@Abel97 , it is "omae".
Nov 27, 2019 7:28 AM

May 2018
Adnash93 said:
Maybe it's time for Iguro to shine? Snake-kun can be helpful in removing the poison or something. I would appreciate Iguro's backstory as well.

@Abel97 , it is "omae".

Yes, i would love to see his backstory!!!
Nov 27, 2019 7:35 AM
Oct 2019
Rider9530 said:

Hi, the link you showed me few days ago did not contain the translated version of Kagarigari, only the translated version of Haeniwa no Zigzag, the last chapter of the short stories collection :(.
Nov 27, 2019 7:56 AM

May 2018
Elvarth said:
Rider9530 said:

Hi, the link you showed me few days ago did not contain the translated version of Kagarigari, only the translated version of Haeniwa no Zigzag, the last chapter of the short stories collection :(.

I don't remember sending you any link, but i will send you the link now.
Rider9530Nov 27, 2019 8:00 AM
Nov 27, 2019 1:46 PM
Apr 2017
xSayumi said:
SO there are these possibilities:
- Zenitsu & Co. will arrive at the scene just for the drama

Then
-> 1. Nezuko & Co. are coming and Nezuko saves her brother

or

-> 2. Tanjiro is immune to demon blood. They said that some chapters before that there are people who are immune to demon blood. Maybe he will have flashbacks from the past like the others did with muzans blood (maybe the scene where muzan nearly got killed). Then he learns the 13. form and kills muzan maybe sacrificing himself...

-> 3. he just dies but no...I don't wanna see him die... I just can't D:

For those who want a pic:

actually i like this second theory and i strongly doubt that tanjiro will die because it is just too sudden. It is not fair for the protagonist of the story nor for the story itself.
Nov 27, 2019 2:17 PM

Sep 2019
What an ending! This is gonna be nice
Nov 29, 2019 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
oh hell no i refuse to accept this HE CAN'T POSSIBLY DIE JUST LIKE THIS CAN HE
Dec 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Nov 2016
Rip those that bravely sacrificed themselves.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 20, 2020 12:22 AM

Feb 2018
The Pillar fight against Muzan is very exciting, will Tanjirou die? I am curious.
May 24, 2020 9:21 PM

Jan 2016
There's no way he's dead

He's MC, he has plot armour, and he still hasn't seen Nezuko become a human.

Pffff he'll make a glorious comeback
Jul 1, 2020 11:28 AM

Jun 2017
Obviously, Muzan's blood on Tanjirou might backfire on him. Who knows! Maybe it will make Tanjirou invincible enough to defeat Muzan.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate Infinity Fortress arc

Hereforanimes - Jul 15, 2023

24 by troilus_05s »»
Apr 25, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

8 by heyyitsaj1 »»
Feb 22, 5:29 AM

Poll: » NO SPOILERS How different is the Manga to this anime compared to the Anime?

Lost_Hearts - Jan 14

16 by Loops007 »»
Jan 17, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 207 Discussion

Cauliflawer - Jan 30, 2021

35 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 13, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 174 Discussion

PrideRoyalIvy - Sep 12, 2019

32 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 10, 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.