Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 13, 2019 11:46 PM

Oct 2012
This was the first time Chihaya started looking at Taichi in a different way, but not only her. It seems to me that Arata also for the first time considered Taichi to maybe be someone to rekon with when it comes to karuta.... it's probably the moment he started to feel a true rivalry for Taichi. Before he only had that little laugh attitude just like Chihaya at the training camp....
Nov 14, 2019 12:38 AM
Dec 2008
I'm just here to say that after waiting so long for this season, every single episode is taking my breath away. 🧡
Nov 14, 2019 9:06 AM

Nov 2007
lesans_muse said:
I'm just here to say that after waiting so long for this season, every single episode is taking my breath away. 🧡

Wow! Your first post since joining MAL in 2008! Your love for Chihayafuru is conveyed! :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 14, 2019 9:30 AM
Dec 2008
shanimebib said:
lesans_muse said:

Wow! Your first post since joining MAL in 2008! Your love for Chihayafuru is conveyed! :)

😍😍😍😍😍
Nov 14, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
One of the most overrated and confusing anime that I have seen I'm dropping this
Nov 14, 2019 3:23 PM
Oct 2018
sadiwa said:
One of the most overrated and confusing anime that I have seen I'm dropping this

You do know you were supposed to watch seasons 1 and 2 before, right?
Nov 14, 2019 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
Sashascurtu said:
sadiwa said:

If they are as boring as this season I doubt that I'm going to like them
Nov 14, 2019 3:33 PM
Oct 2018
sadiwa said:
Sashascurtu said:

Yeah I guess if i watched something like durarara x2 shou without watching durarara (first season), it would be boring too, wouldn't it?
Nov 14, 2019 3:36 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
sadiwa said:
Sashascurtu said:

At the very least blaming an anime for being “confusing” when you just skipped the first 50 episodes makes no fucking sense
Nov 14, 2019 5:15 PM

Jun 2015
sadiwa said:
Sashascurtu said:

The basics of the game, the backstory of the main characters and the introduction of the rest of the cast happens during the first seasons. If you jump right into episodes 51-56 of a series that is not episodic it's quite understandable you won't be engaged at all. But having to explain this to someone with +400 completed shows is a bit silly.
Nov 14, 2019 6:07 PM
May 2017
This was a damn fine episode! Holy Moly. Chihaya vs Taichi. Pressures on! I like how they explained about the kimonos helping posture.....and that ending with Arata being jealous...Whoooo!!!
I can't wait for next week.

Shipping Arata and Chihaya <3
Nov 14, 2019 8:38 PM

Nov 2007
songbeneathsong said:
Shipping Arata and Chihaya <3

Yet another soulmate! <3

@sadiwa, thanks for making a complete idiot out of yourself. Well, cannot help it when you open an account today just for the sake of making a real fool out of yourself. Goodbye.
Coronavirus.
Nov 14, 2019 9:20 PM

Dec 2018
This episode was a bliss! That's all I could ask from Madhouse! Beautiful!!! All the petals and leaves were so nicely done! I find very clever how they are investing their resources: where they add more complex animation vs. where they can get away with still images, or how they use 3D. (It gives me hope that a certain future scene will be very very very beautiful)

The music is always so good! They are very well placed to emphasize each event! Voices are great!! Mamoru as Taichi is always so precious! Sumire's lines were especially beautiful with so much emotion in them.

And finally Chihaya is looking at Taichi! Finally recognizing he's worth her attention as a Karuta rival (and hopefully in loooove... TT-TT).

In not gonna lie... I shed a few tears watching this episode! Especially closer to the end. Even knowing every detail by heart, when the story gets animated it adds another layer of emotions especially because Chihayafuru anime is quite faithful to the manga. (memories are triggered and everything turns into one mush of happiness, nostalgia, awe and so on...)

I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Nov 15, 2019 3:59 AM

Oct 2018
So the fake accounts downvoted this episode too, not just the anime itself.
But here it's less obvious, since not all the down-votes are 1/1 ones.

I mean, yesterday this episode's rating was 97-98%, for 2 days in a row actually, and now suddenly it's 81

Just how pathetic can a human being get? I pity those who have sh*t life like this.

And the anime has 10% 1/1 too.
I'm not even watching this anime, but it still annoys me so much...
Nov 15, 2019 9:00 AM

Sep 2019
-Aincrad- said:
So the fake accounts downvoted this episode too, not just the anime itself.
But here it's less obvious, since not all the down-votes are 1/1 ones.

I mean, yesterday this episode's rating was 97-98%, for 2 days in a row actually, and now suddenly it's 81

Just how pathetic can a human being get? I pity those who have sh*t life like this.

And the anime has 10% 1/1 too.
I'm not even watching this anime, but it still annoys me so much...
Yeah , I think who voted in ok and hate option are the ones most responsible for it and now dislike option users too.
PeetiNov 19, 2019 8:41 PM
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 16, 2019 2:17 PM

Feb 2008
Its hard to describe this episode, it featured such an amazing variety of symbols. Cherry blossoms turning into maple leaves, spring becoming autumn. Life in a flux.

Not to mention that the background music hit really hard when it had to. And some comedic bits to avoid the dramatic elements becoming too heavt. Above all, it was refreshing.

However, these eyes...

Truly commendable. He is making the most of his most powerful assets while diminishing the effects of Chihaya's strengths. But will it be enough?

I hope that the final card that was sent flying does not hold any particularly special significance.
Nov 16, 2019 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
Sigh, every episode or manga release just makes me fall for Taichi even more. He is such a great character. God, I love him so much <3 This episode was pretty intense though, I can't wait for the next episode!!

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Nov 16, 2019 7:18 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Thank you sensei, it wasn't just Chihaya-- but all of us who had to breathe tbh
Nov 16, 2019 9:38 PM

Nov 2007
Led_Wayline said:

However, these eyes...

The eyes of an antagonist. :P
Coronavirus.
Nov 17, 2019 12:06 AM
Oct 2012
this episode was intense... I can't remember last time I watched a chapter this intense in Chihayafuru..!!! It was a nice rollercoaster and I didn't want it to stop!
Nov 17, 2019 3:57 AM

Jun 2013
I love the tension this anime transmits. It is the same tension as Akagi and Kaiji.
Nov 17, 2019 2:17 PM

Apr 2018
Yup, this episode felt like the next one is gonna be as mindblowing as a season finale :3

I think Taichi winning this, would make for a far more interesting plot afterwards! (People who already read the manga may be grinning at this xD)

About the trolls' malicious deeds : of course they're so disrespectful to everybody... But mainly to the manga author and the whole team and cast of the show. They deserve audience and recognition. I would advise the hater(s) who are manipulating the animes' rating (that not everyone but quite some people trust and base their watching or not on) to watch or re-watch (with better attention) "Shirobako" to know what it feels to accomplish something good and to share it... I dunno, that situation makes me sick to my stomach actually. I'm started to consider this is about money, I mean I wouldn't be surprised MAL's ratings to influence significantly commercial successes or failures (?)
Nov 17, 2019 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
seriously, Taichi and Chihaya are perfect for each other, they've been there for each other all this time. i don't mind Arata either but..

i honestly don't know who i want to win. either outcome is fine by me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2019 4:21 AM

Apr 2012
I was completely in awe during the whole episode esp toward the end. Wouldn't be surprised if tears were start rolling down considering what the future holds.

The first 10/10 eps for me in years
Nov 18, 2019 9:08 PM

Jul 2011
This episode is easily in my top 3 best episodes of anything I've watched this entire year.

Holy shit season 3 is so beautiful. I hate watching seasonals and was going to wait until this finished airing, but I couldn't resist. Guess I have to wait weekly like everyone else now. Fuck.
Nov 19, 2019 5:18 PM
Mar 2017
An episode full of feelings, the final has already begun.
I love how beautiful Chihaya looks when she talks to Arata, especially when he finally decides to stay to watch the match of his two friends.
For some reason I really liked how Kana's mother made Taichi relax before the match, sometimes is good to clear yourself from such pressure.

The match starts and Taichi puts Chihaya in a predicament with the way he put his cards, all the natural environment around them since the start of the match, everything is beautiful, the way the leaves or petals surrounded Both players left me surprised.
Both Taichi and Chihaya are moving at their own pace, Taichi with his strategy to deconcentrate Chihaya and she with her amazing speed and ability to recognize the announcer's sound.

Taichi's strategy was favorable, but he runs out stamina with so much pressure and Chihaya remembers that her opponent is with whom she has had several practice matches and despite using a different strategy she knows she can play against Taichi, it took a little of time to Chihaya to adjust to Taichi's strategy.

Being able to see and hear the thoughts and points of view of the spectators, the team mates of the Karuta club and also those of Arata during the match gave more passion to the plays of Chihaya and Taichi, especially the thoughts of Arata when he feels the Frustration of not being the one who is playing against Chihaya.

A single episode to know who will win, my marathon has me full.
I decided to wait until all the episodes of the match between Taichi and Chihaya came out and watch them one after another.
Nov 24, 2019 8:35 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
One word to describe this episode: beautiful.

Ok, this series as a whole is is of incomparable beauty, but this episode even more so. The intense karuta exchanges, the thoughts of the players, spectators and lastly of Arata. Everything wrapped up magnificently.
This episode left me with tears nothing else absolutely beautiful.
Nov 27, 2019 1:42 PM

Oct 2013
Chihaya vs. Taichi. At last. And it's the final match of a tournament! I've been waiting for it to be honest , haha.

Episode was good, but in my opinion there were too many dialogues. I know, I know, they were necessary, but they slowed down dynamism of this episode and by that the tension was lower.

Arata is getting more and more jealous. ;p

Am I the only one who thinks that Chihaya was drawn prettier than in the two previous seasons? ;)
Dec 2, 2019 2:16 AM

Oct 2012
Taichi, he grew up so fast xD
It's nice to see Chihaya remembered to maintain her posture

Awww Arata, sorry but this time it's Taichi's turn to fight Chihaya

Well I already knew who's going to win but I'm still really excited to see their reactions
"Signature removed"
Dec 8, 2019 7:14 AM

Dec 2014
ok that was intense...truly so intense..I really want chihaya to win....
Jan 27, 2020 5:10 PM
Jan 2018
I loved this episode! That match was so intense and beautiful.

And I'm going to side track just a bit lol.

honestly I ship taichi with her hard. I know every one says hes a jerk from what he did as a kid. But he was a kid. He has been there for chihaya and helping her grow this entire time. And arata was basically ignoring here until he was able to see her in a match. I also loved how taichi said she belongs to both of us. So I dont see why people say hes "possessive" he understands her feelings and he was even the one calling arata keeping him posted about how she was doing. He cares so deeply for her it's so insanely beautiful. Where as.. I feel arata and her barely even know each other, so yeah.. that to me it seems is more of an infatuation. Maybe I'm wrong.

But, I'm sorry if this is annoying I just really wanted to get my feelings out about it lol no one I know has ever seen this.

Thank you ♡
Jan 28, 2020 4:53 AM

Oct 2012
No, it's not annoying, alot of us love Taichi! That match was so beautiful.....Taichi went through alot of effort to think out a strategy that would make Chihaya finally look at him.. it was so unexpected that is was Taichi that played this match with her and how intense it turned out to be.
chiakimagotoJan 28, 2020 4:57 AM
Mar 11, 2020 9:35 PM
Feb 2019
"Ahre? Taichi da".
That was so random, I know it's a meaningful moment but it made me laugh hard.

Well, I originally had planned to participate in the Ep. Discussion just when I catch up with where the series actually is (ep. 22 surely), but I felt I had to comment this one.
What a great episode, as many have stated before, it felt like it was a season finale, when that card flew away by the end, the tension was so high that made me forget that this is just the episode 6 of this season. Great building up throughout the episode and the arc overall, since that moment in the train I was expecting this match and it doesn't dissapoint even a bit, instead it set the bar really high for future matches; also loved the reactions of the other characters: the recall Kana made to her match with Komano in the D-class final, Sumire showing happiness for Taichi picking up Chihaya's attention despite being her "rival" for him, the director remembering Arata vs. Shinobu because of the intensity of the match, Harada-sensei realizing his aggressive style isn't the one which fit Taichi the better, Arata being jealous of Taichi... It's just really high standard storytelling.

It's curious because I remember that, in the bigger picture, all the downvoting incident began just after this episode, and it's pretty sad to see that some episodes were also downvoted, but unlike the overall score, this episode polls weren't brought back to its score without the downvoting; I know it's crying over spilled milk, but this episode had a so high rating, I remember it being 96,97%, if I ain't wrong, that would make it one of the best rated in whole MAL (Gintama': Enchousen 7 still has that title), maybe it could have go down with time as episode 14 (was 97.14% at one point but now is 95.71%), but it would stay really high anyway, maybe higher than Season 2 episode 19 which is still the highest in the series (96.01%); also, I didn't check back then how the other episodes did it, but with this arc, surely some were near or above 90%.
I was planning to watch it from long ago, specially with it's high numbers, but it was after all this incident that I decided to do it (I remember when it was scheduled for Spring, before the delay I was like: "well, it's now or never", lol), as someone said: "every publicy is good publicy". And know picking up with this season, I'm already feeling excited for season finale, and hopeful for a 4th season announcement.

What an amazing series.
mafd12Mar 11, 2020 10:10 PM
Apr 5, 2020 7:40 PM

Apr 2016
Another brilliant episode. A lot of people loathe Taichi for multiple reasons but I'm really happy he's getting all this screen time now. He went through hell being stuck in B class. Glad to see this burst of improvement.
May 5, 2020 12:12 PM
Feb 2016
Taichi's play is phenomenal in this match,but the fact that chihaya didn't"recognize" him until later on makes me worry. I'm kinda expecting a "I knew I would lose,but I'm glad to be able to have my play acknowledge by the person I love" and other crap.

I'm hoping that Arata anger/jelousy turns in to something productive like seeing Taichi as a proper rival and not furthering the romance plot,but I'm not holding my breath
Mar 26, 2021 5:48 PM

Aug 2018
WHAT A GOOD CHAPTER, this finale is great and full of tension!!!!
Jul 14, 2021 4:20 PM

Jul 2015
Impressive match so far especially on Taichi side with his weird card positioning and strategies and above all his stamina considering he didn't get any rest compared to Chihaya who got some thanks to Tsuboguchi yielding. I really don't know who to root for here as either side can take the win.

Sep 6, 2021 4:02 AM

Apr 2021
ohoho, taichi vs chihaya! been waiting for that for a while and it's finally happening :D

taichi's probably gonna win >w>
i wish i was a cloud
Oct 5, 2021 5:47 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was just AMAZING. Can't believe this is only 6 episodes in. I mean, it's so intense, and I'm at the edge of my seat as if I'm watching a finale!

And the visuals this time were beautiful. Chihayafuru has always been excellent visually, but this episode was especially beautiful. That's exactly the word that describes this episode. The backgrounds, the flowing wind, the cuts of their swings, the floating leaves, the tears.

And Hanano said it best. After all this time, Chihaya is really looking at Taichi, really looking at him. Taichi's progress has been impressive, and that's an understatement. He went from just passing into Class A at the end of last season to becoming this stable, smart, skilled beast today. He might not yet be able to stand toe to toe against Arata, but he's real close. Soon, they'll be on equal terms. He even beat Murao, someone who can consistently beat Arata.

As a Taichi x Chihaya shipper this episode made me really happy ^^ there is a certain feeling in my heart that this is too good to be true and I'm afraid for the future, but I guess I'll enjoy this moment while it lasts.

That moment when Taichi asked if Chihaya's finger was okay too was so awesome.

The visual direction. The music. Everything was top notch this time around. One of the most epic background pieces I've heard in this entire series, and that's saying something since this series has one of THE BEST OSTs of all the anime I've seen.

10/5 if I could.

I wonder who'll win... I can't put it... I thought it was going to be Chihaya, but after their match started I have no idea!
Mar 30, 2023 8:21 PM
Feb 2022
Wow, I feel like this ep has a lot of foreshadowing for the ending kinda? At least that's what I'm thinking maybe I'm reading into it too much. But holy crap this ep is so good 
Apr 15, 2023 7:58 AM

Jul 2016
All those failed attempts at escaping Class B seemed to jumpstart Taichi's dominance of Class A. It's unreal how he has a solid chance of beating Chihaya in an official game.

I feel bad for Arata in so many different ways lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.