Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2019 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Furuya got hyped seeing Sawamura on the field. This episode carried a thirst again for the players to prove themselves.

A lot of people seems to be keeping Sawamura in their minds now. Interesting.
Nov 12, 2019 3:29 AM

Jul 2012
I guess I'm already used to nothing happening for real now, cause I enjoyed the episode anyway.

Question to those familiar with the source
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2019 3:56 AM
Sep 2015
It's so warming, so nice my heart is melting. The worst thing about sports is that someone have to lose, and I don't want the reality to hit them yet. Could the training arc go on forever?
Also I'm wondering if we'll get to see All-Star vs. American, if it's not in the manga I think this is a good excuse to make anime canon arc. I'm wondering if Hongou Masamune will appear too.
Nov 12, 2019 4:03 AM

May 2011
The all-stars game sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple episodes of them training together, cuz it feels like it's gonna be difficult for them to work together well haha.
Nov 12, 2019 4:20 AM

Dec 2013
I really liked the little bit with the reserve players and their notes about how they don't want to lose to the regulars.

All star team sounds pretty exciting.
Nov 12, 2019 5:12 AM

Oct 2015
I was actually touched by the two second options, Okumara and Furuya :-)

Especially Furuya, when he said he meant it when he complimented Sawamura, and that he was his inspiration that brightens the whole team. Powerful stuff from the Ace, makes me wish he was MC in a way though.

Damn, Miyuki will be taking a temporary leave, I wonder who is he going with? I'm also proud of how level headed Nori is, considering Sawamura is doing the most in the team. It's guys like these that keep the equilibrium in the team, I really like him.

Okumura is through being a D after seeing how important Furuya and Sawamura are in the team, let's hope it stays that way.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 12, 2019 5:24 AM

Oct 2017
Nice Koshu and Seto finally joined first string, looking forward to see Koshu catch for Eijun.
Nov 12, 2019 8:56 AM

Feb 2011
Insanely boring episode yet again.
Nov 12, 2019 11:42 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Furuya has respect for Eijun, and he does know that Eijun brightens up the team. I like how we get to hear him say it out loud. The two really push each other to improve.

Miyuki saying that the upperclassmen hated him when he was a first-year because he mouthed-off at them, and the coaches wouldn't let that go XD Okumura may be bold, but he's definitely polite. It was funny how he really wanted to catch for Eijun right away after finally making first string.

I'm so excited! My favorite parts are coming up!
Nov 12, 2019 12:49 PM
Oct 2014
HDVision said:
I guess I'm already used to nothing happening for real now, cause I enjoyed the episode anyway.

Question to those familiar with the source

Nov 12, 2019 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
I love how Sanada is one of the pitchers who Sawamura acknowledges. And was that the first time Furuya called him Eijun? I honestly can't remember, but I wonder why he was so honest with Koushuu. I guess he needed someone, who is still relatively new and disconnected from the first string, to hear him out. I appreciated that scene though. And I love how Toujou is evolving as a pitcher, and how Miyuki thought to himself that Kawakami is the ace of their generation. That was honestly kind of moving. Even Koushuu was likeable this time around. He admitted that Furuya's pitches were scary, and he bowed to Sawamura. I don't know if it's the right word, but he finally showed some vulnerability in a good way.
Nov 12, 2019 5:53 PM

Oct 2017
Sawamura it's increasing and pitching well, I would like this go on for ever.
Okumura bowing was pretty impressive to me, this part of him was interesting and good to see from him.
Miyuki is now too much calm, but on my mind he's still being proud and sarcastic, anyway I love him so bad.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Nov 13, 2019 5:17 AM

Feb 2012
Come on stop teasing us we want to see the summer tournament now

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Nov 13, 2019 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
Anyone else noticed that, during a game, Miyuki always has the orange "Sawamura" eyes during games? I went back and checked the earlier seasons and found that Yuki also had the orange eyes whenever he was at bat.

Also, how exactly are teams supposed to prepare for Seido? They've practically got two "aces" at the moment; Sawamura with his uber-confusion fu pitching and Furuya with his overpowering pitching. Then there's Kawakami, whose apparently better than Tanba now and they still have two more pitchers set aside (Kaneda and Tojo). When it comes to batting, Speedy Gonzales Kuramochi can now hit reliably, Haruichi is essentially Yuki lite combined with his brother, Miyuki hits for fun, Zono has the face confusion, Sawamura with his confusion fu batting and Furuya is also a relatively reliable batter. Then there's Masashi, who if he hits is either a long hit or a home run, Yui who can hit far, Okumura who can hit reliably and Seto is basically Kuramochi lite but probably a little better at batting.

anthi-light said:
Come on stop teasing us we want to see the summer tournament now

The season will probably end with the start of the summer tournament. The manga is only at the third game so far.
Nov 13, 2019 11:26 AM
May 2019
This episode was everything.

I love seeing Sawa continuously improving. His inside and outside fastballs are deadly accurate each time he pitches them, and opponents are finally getting to see him for his true talents! And even Furuya is finally realizing how to play as a team while thinking about his future as a pitcher. And young Okumura isn't an annoying, hateful little demon child this episode. It was nice lol

Excited to see Miyuki's performance on the Japan All-star team with Mei (and others).
Nov 13, 2019 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Sawamura is quickly growing to be the ace. Okumura has his first-string call.
Can't wait for the All-star team matchup. Hope the LA highschoolers have something up their sleeves.
Nov 20, 2019 8:31 AM

Apr 2019
Don't you also love it too when your opinion towards a character changes from "Uggh!" to "Okkk!"? xD
Furuya and Okumura, u get +1 point each for your actions this episode. Don't efff it up!

Switch to Sawamura-Okumura battery is on ON!
Dec 25, 2019 8:47 PM

Sep 2018
Furuya's words about Eijun is so touching!! Wahhh T-----T Furuya even acknowledge how good Eijun is. It's so overwhelming!

Hahah Eijun's payback time from Okumura's constant rejection before xD
Feb 8, 2020 1:50 PM

Mar 2017
Maru-Maru battery finally!!!

but it really does make me sad that Sawamura-Miyuki battery will soon be gone...... ;_;

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 13, 2020 5:09 AM

Feb 2013
The all-star game seems interesting.
Nov 4, 2021 4:47 PM

Jul 2015
Being stuck in the shadows of talented players like Tanba, Furuya and even Eijun, its wholesome compliment to hear from Miyuki that Kawakami is the ace of their generation.

Excited to see the All-star match as we haven't gotten any exciting match this whole season except the Hakuryu one.

Dec 23, 2022 2:28 PM

Oct 2015
Love seeing Furuya getting back on his feet while learning so much in a way. I've always known that even if he doesn't say it (except for the first time in this episode), he has always acknowledged Eijun and has been improving because of the latter's impact as well. Both of them came so far because of each other. They're great rivals. :)

Wolf boi's promise to catch for Eijun when he gets in the first string is about to get fulfilled. And well... I know he has the same respect for Furuya, but he only made that promise to Eijun. So Eijun's kinda special, huh? Heh...
RedfoxAkameDec 23, 2022 2:34 PM
   HuaLian <3
Jul 21, 2023 12:04 PM

Aug 2019
And he still thinks that’s not enough yet, keep yourself motivated Eijun.

Seido team is really doing well, and they keep themselves motivated because of having Eijun around.

I really wanted Okumura to be close to Eijun, I know for sure that he’ll be able to bring the sparks of his eyes back.

The one thing I want Eijun to work on is his batting skills cause the will really come in handy.

Miyuki is represent Seido!! Let’s go!

I wish the team was like like that with Eijun when he was going through his own stuff.

Okumura and Seto join the first sting.

Now you can pitch for him haha. Oh the was wholesome he wants to catch for him immediately.
Aug 19, 2023 6:32 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great episode! Okamura has really grown on me

More topics from this board

» is Diamond no Ace underrated?

LevyChase - Feb 11, 2022

20 by Nox--- »»
Apr 29, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.