Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2020 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aye, Sawamura and his teammage and rivals standing side by side on the finale. I gotta love these guys carrying their numbers proudly on the team.

Glad to see most of the cast again one last time this season. Combined with that music, I see a lot of hope in the future of these rising superstars, in particular Sawamura and his team. 8/10. Solid season.

Mar 31, 2020 3:50 AM
Sep 2015
I know immediately the opponent team will lose when the ace batter bring out 'my father is dead' because this author has no sympathize to character's background story. And 'my father is dead' is a little bit beyond usual Ace of Diamond drama.

Ace of Diamond is not about underdog school like other sports anime, it's about elite school trying to maintain its reputation. And Seido is basically breeding ground of professional players, because unlike other schools that Coach plan every exact moment, Seido players have more freedom to gathering information, strategized, and executed.

Contrast to the bittersweet ending of Act 1, this season end with hope. Both endings are correct decision judged by me.

But the next season will probably released in 2023 at the earliest.
Mar 31, 2020 4:01 AM

Oct 2009
Soooo.... we get backstory for a character we've literally never seen before - and then an entire day is skipped in a basic slideshow. I would've liked to see those games tbh, especially Yakushi. I miss my little monkeyboy.

I guess this episode was just the kind of finale I expected, very nicely depicting the entire rollercoaster of the season, with all its shortcomings and issues as well as stronger points. It was a wild ride, and thank you for all the fun, I'm looking forward to next time... but perhaps with Proudction I.G in tow again, yes? Please.
Mar 31, 2020 4:09 AM

Dec 2013
Kawabata's backstory made me feel a little bad for the team when they lost.

Sawamura taking the mound again had me smiling. Too bad we won't see the next match animated for a few years.
Mar 31, 2020 4:25 AM

May 2011
Awww, it has ended. I'm still craving for more, but I guess not without at least another few years.

Gotta love Sawamura's energy and his signature shout before starting his game.
Mar 31, 2020 4:37 AM

May 2013
What no way why did it end here I want to see Sawamura redemption or will he fail again?

When are we expecting a new season if not anytime soon I might read the manga
Mar 31, 2020 4:49 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Well, cya in a couple years!
Mar 31, 2020 4:59 AM

Jan 2015
Wind & electric ball what is this?

4/10 practice practice again boring.

Mar 31, 2020 5:23 AM

Oct 2017
The first part was emotional. Masa finally cried after keeping his feelings pent up for so long.

Heh Eijun started to pitch and that's where this season ends, I really wanna see more of this. What a season this has been. This started with Eijun messing up in the spring invitational and then after so much struggle he finally became the ace. This has been a great ride and a solid build up season for starting Eijun's legacy.

Furuya went through a lot too in this season. He hurt his back, wasn't in form for so long but he's back to normal too.

Some really amusing first years joined the gang and I really like Masashi and expect a lot from him. He's brother was a great captain and such a dependable player. I really miss Tetsu and the third years. Hope Masashi can become someone like him too. Koshu, Seto and Yui are all nice guys. Wolf boy was really amusing XD.

Thou I'm kinda sad that we didn't see Wakana that much. Not even texts from her. I hope we get to see more development between her and Eijun in future.

So much happened in this season and I wanna write a lot more but let's stop. Overall a great season, really gonna miss this.
Mar 31, 2020 5:54 AM

Nov 2016
This season had it's ups and downs, but overall definitely not as enjoyable or impactful as the first two.

More importantly, at which chapter do I start reading?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 31, 2020 6:37 AM
Apr 2009
Love the show. And I guess we will sit on the bench for another 3 years to see it again.
Mar 31, 2020 7:11 AM

Nov 2018
FMmatron said:
This season had it's ups and downs, but overall definitely not as enjoyable or impactful as the first two.

you can start on chapter 169/170 since they skip a little bit of important part, there's yakushi vs ichidou match first before the seido latest match
Mar 31, 2020 7:27 AM

Dec 2014
Another season of Diamond no Ace comes to end and it was great as expected but it wasn't as strong as the previous ones likely because we're stopping just as we're getting to the what would be the main part of the this arc of the story..

Still, I enjoyed this a lot and liked the introduction of all the new characters and Sawamura finally getting that ace number was very satisfying.

Is there enough content for a new season? Another 4-cour or at least 2-cour? I'll probably stick to watching the anime since I don't think they'd just stop animating it given they've already come this far.

9/10, like all other seasons but I will say that this definitely wasn't the strongest season so far.
Mar 31, 2020 8:24 AM
Aug 2016
oh man, is it really 3 years of wait? jeez...

with haikyuu on break for second part of the season, sports anime this spring didn't get any hype :(
Mar 31, 2020 10:49 AM

Sep 2014
Whew, I stopped breathing for a few seconds when Kuramochi scooped up that ball. The pitching and batting are exciting as always, but I like how they've put some focus on the infield defense lately.

I sincerely hope the next season won't take *too* long to come out. I'm like all those characters, I really want to see Sawamura pitching at his best.
Mar 31, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2019
Next season: Sawamura no Ace. finally!!!
Mar 31, 2020 11:39 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Idk how to feel about Act 2, especially the fact that Sawamura hasn't improved that much.

6.5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 31, 2020 11:52 AM

Feb 2011
Overall, kind of a waste of time. 5/10
Mar 31, 2020 1:01 PM

Feb 2012
Ah fak this is probablly the end of this this series... Almost all the baseball animes get ended when the main character in their shining moment trying to get to koshen. I hate that the episode directors kept putting fillers character development instead of following the important games.
Mar 31, 2020 2:55 PM

Apr 2016
This season was good, it’s probably the best season of the series. I hope they’ll do a sequel for this and if for Ippo too it’s possible.
Mar 31, 2020 3:44 PM

Sep 2011
Kawabata was really the soul of his team and he fought well. Kuramochi and Haruichi have been on a roll, and Furuya did really well too. I also like how Maezono kind of stood up for Sawamura, and how everyone who matters, even Furuya, is supporting him. It doesn't even feel fair to end things here when there are many exciting moments to come just around the corner, but I guess this is it. All that I can do is to keep on waiting like I did when the first "act" ended. I might end up reading the manga before if I get the chance though, because I really want to see Sawamura shining as the ace.
Mar 31, 2020 4:30 PM
Mar 2018
Was hoping to see Sawamura pitch in the last episode. Unfortunately it didn't happen. Waiting eagerly for the next season. Till that time I'll shift to the manga.
Mar 31, 2020 6:25 PM

Feb 2013
Now we have to wait for the next season.
Mar 31, 2020 9:07 PM

Jul 2012
I don't know what to think really. Like 70% of this season served just as a build-up for the summer tournament. So basically majority of the episodes were a tease.

That being said, we got some sick Sawamura development and actual appreciation for him coming from other characters. Naive me thought that they are gonna leave us with this good feeling for the next season.

But of course not. We get cucked again and Sawamura crumbles under the pressure, because Furuya had to have his moment (I almost forgot that he is the real MC!). I just hope that this kind of 'pressure' card can't be used in the future now. Well... see you in few years?
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2020 9:35 PM
Jan 2018
This season was amazing I loved Sawamura this season and I believe the next "season" starts next year just a guy feeling they did 2 parts in the first act which they took a year to do part 2 I can see them doing that again
Mar 31, 2020 9:36 PM
Jan 2018
This season was amazing I loved Sawamura this season and I believe the next "season" starts next year just a guy feeling they did 2 parts in the first act which they took a year to do part 2 I can see them doing that again
Mar 31, 2020 11:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I don't think Kawabata's backstory was meant to be a big deal in that the audience were supposed to feel bad for him or sympathize with him. If you did, that's great, but if you didn't, I think the point was that people have different reasons for wanting to reach Koushien. I actually don't even remember reading about Kawabata in the manga, but the timing of watching this episode and a major event that happened very recently had me really empathizing with him. Especially the part where he worked really hard during the long practices in order to not feel the pain.

Anyways, the latter half of the episode really made me smile and excited, even if it's the end of the season! I really hope we can get a continuation in 3 years, I love DnA so much, even if the "quality" isn't as good as it was when it was Madhouse x I.G. Well I'll still get my weekly DnA fix from the manga XD But yeah, I liked the way they ended this season, with Eijun's before game speech, him standing on the mound with all his reliable team behind his back, and his teammates cheering from the stand inspired by his words. For anime-only watchers, I can see how this is terrible, because Eijun is really just getting started. But for manga-readers, it's been a continuous journey, so it doesn't feel as terrible (imo) when he doesn't perform well, because there's always a next time when he does he improve. For example, it was incredibly satisfying to hear Koushuu so confidently say to Miyuki that Eijun is most definitely ready for the next game. Imagine the Koushuu from episode 1 saying that! Even if we didn't get to see Eijun performing his best as ace, we've seen how others, who were skeptical and doubtful of him, have come to be inspired by him, and how his teammates have really come to trust him.
Apr 1, 2020 2:28 PM
Jul 2015
Im going to miss them!
I did cry, just a little bit at the end.

I did switch to Ahiru no sora. Is nice to switch to <3 love sports anime’s.

So hope for a not 5 year wait :(
Apr 1, 2020 5:10 PM

Aug 2011
Both Kuramochi and Haruichi get the VIP for this finale; great job guys!

Furuya - you aced the last stand and went out like a 'G'! Don't expect to see much of you in the next season, so I can wait.

Until next season DNA-Act III - it was an awesome ride.
Apr 3, 2020 3:46 AM

Apr 2015
how can this be the last ep???
with the ending scene I feel like there will be more ep.
I want to see Sawamura doing well while he is the Ace
the op. and ending ost + soundtrack everything made me sad, gonna miss them
Apr 3, 2020 4:35 PM

Jan 2011
Nice season...but! I don't like how they made
Sawamura crumble and Furuya rise back towards the end.
And especially for his debut as an ace.

Sawamura has been through so much, so why is it so difficult
for the mangaka to make him shine when it really counts? -_-

On another note, really liked the soundtrack throughout the season.
Can't wait for the sequel. Until then I'll be reading the manga
to see how it continues since I know I won't be able to wait. xD
Apr 3, 2020 8:59 PM
Dec 2015
Konana said:
Next season: Sawamura no Ace. finally!!!

Can relate, really. I've been waiting to say it actually 😂
Apr 4, 2020 12:33 AM
Oct 2007
This season has its' moment but it was more down than up for me. Definitely the weakest so far. Can't wait to watch Sawamura play like an ace in the next season! The last part of this episode gave me goosebumps as I realize this is going to be the last one for awhile.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2020 12:11 AM

Jul 2012
7/10 for the entire season

The most disappointing thing was the drop in quality for animation as it just became Slideshow no Ace. The OST was also recycled from the first season which is sad because I wanted to hear new music. It's fine, that wasn't a big issue for me.

I found that this season was a bit lackluster in general, the rivals/opponents were not as interesting and a lot of unnecessary flashbacks. Regardless, still enjoyed it and I'm glad we got to finally see Sawamura as the Ace, because he deserves it.

Someone mentioned in this thread but the opponent's backstory was done really badly. I also agree. I found that many opposing team's important characters all have very bland stories. We only have the main powerhouses that are somewhat interesting.

Pacing was a bit weird this season. Lots of things skipped from manga or fast forward. Like narrator talking and describing how the innings went. I'd prefer to see the entire match. :(

Thoughts on the previous match: Kuramochi and Haruichi really are underrated. Amazing baseball players and beasts at batting.
Apr 5, 2020 5:39 AM

Feb 2012
Why you had to make me cry on the last episode
so in the end wE didn't get to see Sawamura pitch.
Isn't there enough material for a New Season ?
7/10

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Apr 6, 2020 6:24 AM

Apr 2019
It's been more than a year since Act II's start - what a ride!

See y'all when we will finally see our Ace rise 'n shine!
Apr 6, 2020 7:43 AM

Dec 2007
Frustrating... This season was frustrating. Somebody told me Act II was Sawamura being FINALLY the Ace but clearly they lied to me...
I still enjoyed watching the boys play and I'm going to be watching next season for sure but yea, I'm getting tired waiting for Eijin to be the Ace Of Diamond.
Apr 14, 2020 12:29 AM
Jan 2016
overall boring season 6/10
Apr 16, 2020 9:25 AM

Dec 2019
Seriously tho ngl this was the worst season, holy fuck im so disappointed, we have to wait 46 episodes to get to see 2 games and they have the audacity to end it like this, it woulda been better if they ended the season without starting the summer tournament... 5/10 and it's a generous rate.
                                                         🖤   

May 1, 2020 5:44 PM
N/A

Jan 2014
Hope we don't have to wait 4 years for the continuation :(
May 17, 2020 7:48 AM

May 2016
Kawabata's backstory actually had me in tears(For personal reasons).
I think this season was bad not just not as good as the previous ones but genuinely bad and only saved by the fact that i love so many of the characters. We skipped all of the games and we didn't really get any of what made the 1st season and to a lesser degree the second season so fun. I like that DNA is a slow buildup and the training pays off in games. None of that happens in this season. We get a lot of rushed games and everything is tell don't show. We see training but without seeing a lot of the games including full practice games there is no payoff to watching the practices.

It's a sports anime with a great large ensemble cast and lots of the characters get nice development but again it's a sports anime so the development only matters when you can see their growth in actual matches.
What's the point of showing us all the old rivals and their new players if we CAN'T SEE THEM PLAY????!!! I found myself forgetting who most of the rivals were other than Mei and his crew Everyone started to be a little forgettable as i remembered them due to their pitching and such.

Overall I was really sad about this turn of events and hope next season is much better and they kill all the FAST pace that in practice is slower than actually showing games being played. I'll likely never recomend this anime to a friend now that it has 50+ useless episodes that no one will enjoy.

5.8/10
Jul 26, 2020 10:23 AM

May 2015
Such a good anime, seen the first two seasons in 2014-2015 and rewatched all of them and binged this third one as well, really enjoyed it!

Someone was saying there isn't enough content in the manga at the moment for them to do another season so it will probably take quite a while but I'll be waiting =D

Hopefully they will not abandon the anime and not deliver the next season
Aug 15, 2020 10:59 AM

Jun 2020
I just binged all 3 seasons in about a month.... whew. This definitely wasn't the best season, but I still liked it. I hate that they keep writing in really dumb errors for Sawamura (falling on mound), but I guess it fits his personality. I really hope he does become the ace he wants to be.
Jan 14, 2021 12:02 AM
Jun 2020
I really need more of Asada~
He's such a joy~~~~~~~~
Feb 19, 2021 10:02 AM
Dec 2020
As someone who isn't obsessed with the whole "who is the ace" thing ( because I like both of them), I did actually wanted Eijun to shine in the game, and seeing him falling HURT, BUT..this is daiya for you, and imo it's the beauty of it! It's actually very realistic that Eijun got nervous, and felt a lot of pressure after getting an ace number! It's the series' way to show how heavy the ace number really is! Don't forget what it did to Furuya.. Also it's the way to show that there're ups and downs..Like Miyuki said -changing the pitcher was the only way for team to win, but if they win, the said pitcher will get more opportunities! It also ended on a positive note ( Eijun back on field), and I loved it!
With all that I also have to admit, the season wasn't as amazing as previous ones, the pacing and animation dropped a lot :( But it still had great moments,and Daiya as a whole is still amazing for me! No doubt one of the best in characters and dynamics writing! ( first time posting here, and such a long post - look what it did to me hahaha)
Nov 6, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2015
Weakest season so far in my opinion as for the most part it was bland with the noticable lack of animation and the (practice) matches quickly skimmed through. Things only started to get interesting with the summer tournament at the end where Eijun finally wears the ace number, which makes me hyped for s4 so we can see (unlike that choke disaster) the ace in full glory.

Dec 8, 2021 5:01 PM
Jul 2015
Well I’m in a slump right now irl. And have watched all season of Daya (again) I’m feeling so much relief. So thanks a lot <3 I’m gladly waiting for season 3. Wolf and Sawamura will make a good battery! And I wil miss my boy Miuyki soo much. I hope they will show clips form he maybe going pro? (I’m not reading the manga, so don’t know the future) - going to be awesome.
Feb 21, 2022 10:13 AM

Jun 2012
Thirsty for a new season, think they almost have enough manga material for another 50+ episode season.
May 21, 2022 10:05 AM
May 2022
i hope there was a lot more epissode i love this anime
Aug 5, 2022 9:57 AM
Jun 2021
FMmatron said:

The last EP of the anime ends at ch 188 so start at 189
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

21 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.