Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 10, 2019 4:50 AM

Jan 2009
todays capitalism in steroids (too much competition) makes a lot of people perfectionist to the point of being unforgiving to their selves and others, one small mistake in your wage slave job for example and you are fired, one old wrong social media post that people found out and all hell will break loose on you too, etc

so how unforgiving are you? i try to forgive as much as possible since its not healthy although my scumbag brain is usually unforgiving

your other thoughts about this too?
degNov 10, 2019 5:38 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2019 5:09 AM

Aug 2012
If the person is capable of learning from his previous mistakes, then there is not one reason for me to not forgive him. But if the person is determined to be a failure, then it doesn't really matter much does it?
Nov 10, 2019 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
i'm probably not as forgiving as i should be given how much i've fucked up in my own life. as a general rule i'll forgive anything up until deliberate cruelty which i think is pretty reasonable. if someone has shown to be malicious towards you then they'll likely re-offend regardless of whether you forgive them.
Nov 10, 2019 5:31 AM
Feb 2017
I try to forgive people. You’d be surprised how much more effort it takes to actually not forgive someone.
Nov 10, 2019 5:35 AM

Jan 2009
Yarub said:
If the person is capable of learning from his previous mistakes, then there is not one reason for me to not forgive him. But if the person is determined to be a failure, then it doesn't really matter much does it?

i guess what matters now is how much unforgiving the treatment is

ye i partially made this thread when i saw the absurd thread and learn from your profile comments that bans are incoming lol you all need jesus for forgiveness
Nov 10, 2019 5:35 AM

Aug 2016
That clause in the second option was unnecessary deg. You need to create a fourth option.
I tend to forgive other people but NOT including myself.
Nov 10, 2019 5:47 AM

Mar 2018
I'm of those who forgive but never forget.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 10, 2019 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
I don't want to forgive, but every time I try to do so, I fail. Not forgiving someone tires you a lot.
Nov 10, 2019 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
It depends on what they've done to me, so, really, "my forgiveness" doesn't do anything or affect me personally, because I'll never see their faces again.
Nov 10, 2019 5:57 AM

Feb 2019
I'm a forgiver in almost all cases because I have some personal beliefs guiding me to forgiveness, it does me no good to keep anger bottled up.

I say that, but there's some shit I can't get around to forgiving. Although, given enough time, I think I'd forgive these things too.

I never forgive myself, though, no matter how much effort I put into it.
Nov 10, 2019 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
I forgive practically everything. And I forget in a matter of days.
As long as it's done by others. I do not forgive my own mistakes. Ever.

Don't ask me why...
Nov 10, 2019 6:06 AM

Aug 2012
deg said:
Yarub said:

i guess what matters now is how much unforgiving the treatment is

ye i partially made this thread when i saw the absurd thread and learn from your profile comments that bans are incoming lol you all need jesus for forgiveness
How unforgiving the treatment can be is only determined by how extreme the action was.

If I go down, I will go as a martyr.
Nov 10, 2019 6:09 AM

Feb 2019
Yarub said:
Don't go down, my Arabian Prince. I We will miss your high IQ intellect.
Nov 10, 2019 6:10 AM

Jan 2009
Yarub said:

if youre banned i doubt it will be permanent MAL moderation is usually forgiving lol
Nov 10, 2019 6:14 AM

Sep 2019
I always tried to forgive others. But, i never tried to forgive myself. It hurts but it's better if nobody is harmed.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Nov 10, 2019 6:17 AM

Mar 2018
deg said:
Yarub said:

if youre banned i doubt it will be permanent MAL moderation is usually forgiving lol
Mine most likely will be... I mean how does one go around asking for people to be "dealt with" in a certain manner without getting permed? lol

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 10, 2019 6:31 AM

Jan 2009
@Luchse

welp brigading is against the rules i mean the MAL Club CD 2.0 have done it a lot in the past and the members of theirs that did that often get banned but i still see them sometimes so they are not permanently banned and i also heard some of them uses discord to scheme things on MAL forums but i would not recommend it

Nov 10, 2019 6:34 AM

Mar 2018
deg said:
@Luchse

welp brigading is against the rules i mean the MAL Club CD 2.0 have done it a lot in the past and the members of theirs that did that often get banned but i still see them sometimes so they are not permanently banned and i also heard some of them uses discord to scheme things on MAL forums but i would not recommend it

Shhh... I'm a good boy and I've done nothing "wrong". ;)

Nov 10, 2019 6:50 AM

Jul 2007
I only associate with decent people, so nobody ever does anything that would warrant forgiveness anyway.
Nov 10, 2019 7:01 AM

Jan 2009
that poll result so far

the self is the worst enemy they say so i can relate to why self-forgiveness is too hard
Nov 10, 2019 7:02 AM

Nov 2013
It can be difficult for me to forgive others unless they show what I consider genuine remorse, and it may not possible depending on the action. Yes I can be petty. I don't mean in regards to those stupid purity tests though. All people are awful under the surface so chastising others when they see a crack is just self-righteous nonsense.

It's better for people to be more forgiving because it does not encourage such superficial appearances, as not being so prevents real change and simply makes people hide what they are really like to the majority.

I can see you

Nov 10, 2019 7:51 AM

Aug 2016
deg said:
that poll result so far

the self is the worst enemy they say so i can relate to why self-forgiveness is too hard

You can forgive others since you do not know them well and you don't know the reasoning behind their actions. But you know yourself. And its hard to forgive yourself with that knowledge. Also if you forgive yourself everything easily, you can justify everything, even crime (internally).
Nov 10, 2019 7:57 AM

Feb 2017
i may act like i forgave you but most likely i'l get back at you someday most of the time :)

Nov 10, 2019 8:37 AM

Mar 2014
forgive but don't forget, that's my motto~
being forgotten is sad T~T
Nov 10, 2019 9:20 AM

Nov 2019
I forgive really easily. The only time I won't forgive someone is if they purposely tried to hurt me or my family, or if they cheated on me.
Nov 10, 2019 9:33 AM

Aug 2016
i'm very spiteful, but only to those i deem deserve it because they have done something very wrong. but other than that i'm very critical of myself but still open to forgive myself? i just don't think i'm a bad person so i can forgive myself, and i forgive my friends easily because i trust them

i have a very good memory tho so if someone spited me i will never forget it but i don't bother with people i don't even know
Nov 10, 2019 10:35 AM

Jan 2009
Why so many options with only "try to" instead of "do" or "will" forgive?

I'm not the type to bear grudges, except for if someone did something extremely outrageous, which hasn't happened so far.

I still regret the mistakes I did, but it's not like I would constantly blame myself for them, either, so I'm forgiving to myself, too.
Nov 10, 2019 11:10 AM

Jun 2016
I forgive most people pretty easily, but that doesn't mean I'll suddenly like them. It took me some time to make this distinction, but I think it's important to note that regardless of which side you're on (the one forgiving or the one being forgiven), you can still dislike each other. Forgiveness just means that you won't hold someone's actions against them, meaning you won't retalliate either, but you're not obligated to suddenly enjoy their company more.
Nov 10, 2019 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
Well I am chronically antisocial, BUT! If I hate people I work with, I deal with them because, y'know, gotta keep the relationships at work as professional as possible. I also forgive my own mistakes rather than let any regret consume me. Though if I made a mistake that was just full out my fault, I'll suffer out the shame, because I deserve it in that case.
Nov 10, 2019 12:37 PM

Jun 2015
im the "forgive but dont forget" cliche basically

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Nov 10, 2019 12:54 PM

Jan 2009
RandomFriday said:
deg said:
that poll result so far

You can forgive others since you do not know them well and you don't know the reasoning behind their actions. But you know yourself. And its hard to forgive yourself with that knowledge. Also if you forgive yourself everything easily, you can justify everything, even crime (internally).

ye but im more talking about the simple everyday negative thinking or chronic guilt/shame/self-doubt or even self-hatred especially those who have anxiety and even worse conditions
Nov 10, 2019 1:02 PM

Aug 2018
I just don't know how to forgive. If there is something that the other person did wrong for some reason I always think about it and how the other parson could have dome better in their judgement. It's worse when it puts not only me, but a bunch of other people in an awkward situation. It's really dumb and I should learn how to forgive. On a scale? Maybe 1/10

Nov 10, 2019 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:
Why so many options with only "try to" instead of "do" or "will" forgive?

I'm not the type to bear grudges, except for if someone did something extremely outrageous, which hasn't happened so far.

I still regret the mistakes I did, but it's not like I would constantly blame myself for them, either, so I'm forgiving to myself, too.

im avoiding the all or nothing (black and white thinking) thats why i choose the "try to" wording
Nov 10, 2019 1:31 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
I will always give someone another chance to redeem themselves. Only exception is murder, sexual assault, displaying an innate lack of empathy, or committing wrongdoings several times with no sign of them trying to change themselves for the better. Unfortunately the internet is chalk full of the last two (and a surprising amount of the third) so my faith in humanity is quickly declining.
Nov 10, 2019 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
deg said:
im avoiding the all or nothing (black and white thinking) thats why i choose the "try to" wording
"try to" sounds so negative, like in a reference letter:

"he tried to work his best" = "he failed horrible"

"will" is giving an intention
Nov 10, 2019 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
In my culture there's something called siri', if one crosses my siri' line I will most likely not get involved with the person anymore for the rest of my life. There was someone who did that at work before, I tried to endure and showed him how I dislike he crossed my line, but he never understood. I resigned and went back to my hometown. But that's just how people in my area who still hold that tradition. Anything else, I can forgive.
removed-userNov 10, 2019 1:59 PM
Nov 10, 2019 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
I'm pretty unforgiving, even though on the surface, I will not let it show.
I don't believe in the sugarcoating of "I forgive, but I don't forget", because that means precisely that you are not forgiving after all.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Nov 10, 2019 2:23 PM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:
deg said:
"try to" sounds so negative, like in a reference letter:

"he tried to work his best" = "he failed horrible"

"will" is giving an intention

ye in capitalism it is seen as negative although in psychology should statements are bad https://www.verywellmind.com/should-statements-2584193
Nov 10, 2019 2:45 PM
May 2019
Never Forgive Never Forget, the best way to determine someones future actions are the past ones.
Nov 10, 2019 2:53 PM

Jan 2009
deg said:
ye in capitalism it is seen as negative although in psychology should statements are bad https://www.verywellmind.com/should-statements-2584193
I haven't suggested using "should", because that would imply a moral obligation. And "try to" still sounds as a poor alternative compared to "I will do my best" or just "I('m) do(ing) my best"

There might be some relation with speaking a language with weak future tense reference and one with strong future tense reference:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4506144/
Nov 10, 2019 3:03 PM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:
deg said:
I haven't suggested using "should", because that would imply a moral obligation. And "try to" still sounds as a poor alternative compared to "I will do my best" or just "I('m) do(ing) my best"

There might be some relation with speaking a language with weak future tense reference and one with strong future tense reference:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4506144/

ok im bad with language especially english

and that link is interesting but too damn long to read
Nov 10, 2019 3:09 PM

Jan 2009
deg said:

Then think of how you would phrase it in Tagalog and compare a very faithful translation with how you would phrase it by thinking in English directly

Here's a shorter one:

https://qz.com/191706/the-language-your-company-speaks-might-influence-how-it-behaves/

Nov 10, 2019 3:13 PM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:
deg said:

Then think of how you would phrase it in Tagalog and compare a very faithful translation with how you would phrase it by thinking in English directly

Here's a shorter one:

https://qz.com/191706/the-language-your-company-speaks-might-influence-how-it-behaves/

im also bad with tagalog lol i just do not care much about proper grammar

so the use of "will be" is bad? or english is bad for capitalism? thats interesting
Nov 10, 2019 7:33 PM

Feb 2019
For the most part, I'm pretty forgiving. I'm not easily upset, and I don't like to dwell on things and don't even have a good enough memory to hold grudges. But it's entirely dependent on the person and situation.
LunaEstlinNov 10, 2019 7:39 PM

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Nov 10, 2019 9:01 PM

Mar 2011
Dependent on what was done, the intent behind it, and how much the damage was.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Nov 10, 2019 9:03 PM

Feb 2019
I write it off the first couple of times. If they become a repeat offender, I shun them, which is surprisingly effective in a professional environment.
Nov 10, 2019 9:08 PM

Sep 2018
I honestly forgive too easily to others and never to myself. Ouch
Nov 10, 2019 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
i don't try forgiving, my anger dissipates quickly to the point where i can forgive someone easily. which ends up with me going back to them. sometimes it's good, a lot of the time it's bad, so i've both likes and hated my forgiving attitude

i tend to be very unforgiving towards myself when trying to perfect a task, which leads me to be very angry or very depressed. thankfully that doesn't happen a lot
Nov 10, 2019 9:43 PM

Mar 2013
Once or twice is kind
Three or four is blind

Nov 11, 2019 12:05 AM

Sep 2018
I don't forget or forgive anything major like someone cheating on me. Things like arranging to meet up and then forgetting are fine as long as it doesn't become a theme.

A neighbour tried to screw me over once, she failed and then was sending me Christmas cards and trying to talk to me but I will never forget or forgive.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
30 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.