Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2019 6:45 AM

Jul 2017
Askeladd did nothing wrong, and I'm loving all the salt he's providing from the anime fanbase. He's pragmatic and goal oriented and I respect that. People crying about "muh honor" are hilarious.
Oct 21, 2019 6:51 AM

May 2015
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:
nanashi796 said:
he can't achieve his goal in his life he's old,he wants to entrust his dream to canute.

And so he took the cheap and dirty way. He never tried hard enough on an alternative. Never talked more to Ragnar of the importance of getting Canute to grow in order to encourage Ragnar to force things along or talk with Canute or any other way of getting Canute to grow. He just wanted play low and disgusting to get it easy. I already stated what I think and not going to repeat what I said because you've hardly made a case for him. Read over what I wrote before this post because you probably missed my edits. If you think he's this guy who's a victim of his circumstances than a guy who got himself into this mess and uses immoral and disgusting methods to get his way then I'm not going to waste my time anymore.
ragnar argued many times with askeladd about canute ,he tested canute to make a speech in front of the welsh,ragnar got in the way,there was no other way for canute to growso he decided to kill ragnar,maybe you need to rewatch some episodes.
Oct 21, 2019 6:55 AM

Jun 2016
nanashi796 said:
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:

And so he took the cheap and dirty way. He never tried hard enough on an alternative. Never talked more to Ragnar of the importance of getting Canute to grow in order to encourage Ragnar to force things along or talk with Canute or any other way of getting Canute to grow. He just wanted play low and disgusting to get it easy. I already stated what I think and not going to repeat what I said because you've hardly made a case for him. Read over what I wrote before this post because you probably missed my edits. If you think he's this guy who's a victim of his circumstances than a guy who got himself into this mess and uses immoral and disgusting methods to get his way then I'm not going to waste my time anymore.
ragnar argued many times with askeladd about canute ,he tested canute to make a speech in front of the welsh,ragnar got in the way,there was no other way for canute to growso he decided to kill ragnar,maybe you need to rewatch some episodes.

LMAO he did not argue with him many times lmao He literally argued with him a bit and was hardly fucking diplomatic about it and ran his mouth far too much given he was talking to. Made no attempts himself to talk to Canute or any moves on his own to make him grow and literally forced him to make a fucking speech in Wales suddenly. This is like expecting a 16 year old who's lived in a house without knowing how to survive in the outside world and throwing him out there and expecting him to survive. Sooo 'realist'
Izuru_Kamukura10Oct 21, 2019 7:04 AM
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 21, 2019 7:07 AM

Apr 2019
That was very sad. Ragnar might be so annoying but it's still sad seeing him die. He's been a really great foster father to Cnut. I'm not gonna say that I'm really surprised that this happened. I've always thought that the only way to make Cnut grow is to take away the one who's been holding him back which is Ragnar, his overprotective guardian. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do though but knowing Askeladd's goals, this is only one of the ways to achieve them. I don't really see the reason to hate Askeladd over his actions. He's just doing whatever he can to achieve his goal. He's not a kind person in every aspect nor is he even trying to be one. But that's not a reason to hate someone, especially someone living in a world like the one he's living on. Being kind and considerate in a world like this is not a very good thing to do.
Oct 21, 2019 7:29 AM

Jan 2018
There was barely anyone to root for to begin with in this show...great idea to kill off another one of the few remaining characters who wasn't completely despicable.

At this point I just hope Thorkell kills them all or we get a new character, with at least some morals, that I can finally get behind.

Oct 21, 2019 7:32 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, Ragnar might've been annoying at times with his constant complaining, but he was still a likeable character and one that really cares for Canute. Seeing him getting ambushed and killed off by Askeladd was brutal and savage. The way that Askeladd said "No" to Ragnar's last request to see Canute as he was drawing his last breath was pretty depressing. =(

It's another reason why Askeladd's an enjoyable character as well. He's fun to watch, but this was another reminder of how ruthless and nasty he can be, too.

One scene I liked was when Ragnar persuaded Thorfinn to come with him and cook the rabbit he caught with some vegetables. Here we see Canute (ponytail form is OP XD) who shows just how well he can cook up a meal, which he revealed to Thorfinn that it was something that he wanted to show to his father, King Sweyn, but was immediately rejected. The whole scene did raise the death flag for Ragnar in the end, but it was nice to see a pretty heart-warming moment between the three of them. =)

I'm expecting now in the next few episodes that once Canute finds out that Ragnar has died, he'll start to come out of his shell and slowly become more of a man fitting for the throne and he needs to soon, since Thorkell is on his way.
Oct 21, 2019 8:31 AM
Oct 2018
Hayle93 said:
There was barely anyone to root for to begin with in this show...great idea to kill off another one of the few remaining characters who wasn't completely despicable.

At this point I just hope Thorkell kills them all or we get a new character, with at least some morals, that I can finally get behind.

Morals, everybody have their own moral code, and those are their morals (the pirates, if you forget that they are ones)
Oct 21, 2019 8:55 AM

Jun 2017
Damn, RIP Ragnar, you were kind enough not to berate Thorfinn for insulting Canute multiple times, hell, you were kind to Thorfinn too, having lunch with him and all, but this is the end for you RIP.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 21, 2019 9:14 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode. Finally Ragnar got removed. I found him to be a bit annoying. I mean he was supposed to be a viking yet he acted more like a "mother" - and even more annoying than the atm fem-boyish Canute. I guess this was really necessry for Canute's progress/development - as Askeladd already mentioned.

Funny thing is that it just happened when I again thought "god he is annoying I hope they kill him".
For the priest guy though I hope he'll stay with us a bit longer. He seems interesting. Even doubting his god. (Not a completely stupid follower. Far from the stuff with Athelstan and Ragnar in the US series "Vikings" but maybe he still coulld get interseting. At least he is funny sometimes.)
Oct 21, 2019 9:26 AM

May 2018
At this point I see no difference between the goblins from Goblin Slayer and Askeladd and his men

If we're not gonna see a little bit of justice until the end of the season I'm gonna give this show a 5/10
Oct 21, 2019 9:27 AM

Mar 2018
So the girl reported them in the end? Meh.. After that last episode I thought she could be a pretty interesting character but seems she was thrown away real quick.
And ngl. Finally that conehead is dead. He was so annoying all the time.. His dead was pretty honorable if you disclude the fact that he was backstabbed tbf

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 21, 2019 10:59 AM

Jun 2008
Hayle93 said:

I think you would like the 2nd arc of this story a lot more than this one
Oct 21, 2019 11:02 AM
Sep 2019
Well done episode in my opinion. We got more information about the evolving political situation. Also, Ragnar's death was a surprise for me, I want to see how all of this plays out.
Oct 21, 2019 12:02 PM

Sep 2017
i used to really like askeladd but this just kinda changed my mind.
i understand it was the way of the vikings in that time period but still made me sad & ik his highness could benefit from this but also crumble,its a one sided coin really

still,rip conehead he was basically the princes father figure :(

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Oct 21, 2019 12:06 PM

Jul 2019
Another episode that almost made me cry. Ragnar was a good father figure to Canute. They deserve better.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 21, 2019 12:08 PM

Jan 2018
hirahira said:
Hayle93 said:

Alright that sounds good! Thanks for restoring a bit of my hope for the show.
Oct 21, 2019 1:45 PM
Dec 2017
nanashi796 said:
askeladd face at the NO was so much better in the manga.

tbf i think it looks just as good.
Oct 21, 2019 2:02 PM

Jun 2008
Hayle93 said:
hirahira said:

Alright that sounds good! Thanks for restoring a bit of my hope for the show.

They might not make a second season though so I would recommend reading the manga afterwards. There are many new characters introduced who aren't terrible people.
Oct 21, 2019 2:17 PM
Mar 2015
So much politics the English have given up to the Danes but the hunt for Canute is on even the king wants him dead Sad that Ragnar had to die for Askelaad's ambition he was the only one who cared about the boy
Oct 21, 2019 2:22 PM
Apr 2016
i didn t get why askeladd had to kill ragnar, what s his plan? can someone explain it to me? thanks
Oct 21, 2019 2:31 PM

Mar 2018
Franck_Nicolas said:
i didn t get why askeladd had to kill ragnar, what s his plan? can someone explain it to me? thanks

It was said it in episode 13, Askeladd wants to groom Canute into a strong man and King, to become his right hand. Ragnar was too nice for him and a detriment to his growth.

However this episode we got to know Harald is the favourite prince, and king Sweyn wants Canute dead.
poop
Oct 21, 2019 2:49 PM
Aug 2019
Dariat said:
At this point I see no difference between the goblins from Goblin Slayer and Askeladd and his men

If we're not gonna see a little bit of justice until the end of the season I'm gonna give this show a 5/10

I'm not commenting about morality.
But I think there's a difference. Goblins' behavior is an instinct. It's necessary in order for their species to exist since only males are born. It's just that they're instinct is to do something that is destructive. Like viruses or bacteria or parasites. They have functions that help to keep themselves alive and multiply, but many of those functions can be deadly to humans. The plague that wiped out millions is an example.

Askeladd's men are being human. They're making a decision to behave that way.
Oct 21, 2019 3:25 PM
Nov 2017
Dariat said:

The goblins from Goblin slayer is just there for exist, rape and got killed. On the other hand, Askeladd and his crew will make you question their morality. They can be a badass, savage, noble, or even an asshole. Askeladd did this so he can achieve his dream and he's really different from any other pacifist character, he doesn't care what he did, as long as it's a benefit for him, he will do it. He's kinda similar with Griffith(Berserk) who will sacrifice anything for a greater thing. The goblins, I don't know, it's just there so they can get slaughtered. They don't have any goals except for raping.
Oct 21, 2019 4:11 PM

Jan 2019
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The talk about the England and Denmark warfare situation was interesitng ot hear. Thorkell is still badass even when he uses his wisdom of words rather than his word.

Looks like they adapted the scene with Ragnar from chapter 30. Ouch.

Don't mind if I ask, Stark. Since I can't ask anywhere else but on the forums.
What do you think of the anime adaptation so far? What would be your score at this point? You're definitely going to be reviewing it.
ElucidOct 21, 2019 10:57 PM
Oct 21, 2019 4:26 PM

Jun 2013
oh shit I feel bad for Ragnar
Oct 21, 2019 4:34 PM

Dec 2016
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:
nanashi796 said:
that's why he's a good character,he does what needs to be done to achieve his goal, he's a realist.

LMAO I am not even going to argue with this.
There is a fine line between being a 'realist' and being just low and fucking disgusting and taking the cheapest and most immoral shortcuts to getting what you want.
If you're going to tell me killing Ragnar is justified and 'realist' then I'm not going to bother. In my mind, he's disgusting and low and that's the end of it. That's like saying if someone were to make the same decision and killed your parental figure to make you grow and handle the world on their own is 'realist' and just fucking crazy and taking it too far. There is lines one does not cross no matter what ends you chase.
This whole 'ends justfy the means' crap that people defend him with just to get him a pass over his actions is fucking ridiculous. I am not like the rest of you and never will be. He's disgusting and low. End of conversation.

THANK YOU!!

For me it is kinda scary how many comments are justifying Ragnar death by saying "Ragnar needed to die", like yeah... because murdering parental figure will not make "scar" on psyche *cough*Thorfinn*cough*.
I fully understand Askeladd but "90%" of his decision are immoral and should not be justifiable.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 21, 2019 4:40 PM

Jun 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:

LMAO I am not even going to argue with this.
There is a fine line between being a 'realist' and being just low and fucking disgusting and taking the cheapest and most immoral shortcuts to getting what you want.
If you're going to tell me killing Ragnar is justified and 'realist' then I'm not going to bother. In my mind, he's disgusting and low and that's the end of it. That's like saying if someone were to make the same decision and killed your parental figure to make you grow and handle the world on their own is 'realist' and just fucking crazy and taking it too far. There is lines one does not cross no matter what ends you chase.
This whole 'ends justfy the means' crap that people defend him with just to get him a pass over his actions is fucking ridiculous. I am not like the rest of you and never will be. He's disgusting and low. End of conversation.

THANK YOU!!

For me it is kinda scary how many comments are justifying Ragnar death by saying "Ragnar needed to die", like yeah... because murdering parental figure will not make "scar" on psyche *cough*Thorfinn*cough*.
I fully understand Askeladd but "90%" of his decision are immoral and should not be justifiable.

People just wearing Askeladd glasses too much or believe being awful as long as it 'realist' is all well and good. Completely missing the point that Askeladd put himself into this war and these situations for personal gain to begin with so he's responsible for the atrocities he committed plus it's not like he tried hard enough to push Canute in the right direction. He just never hesitated to do the horrible thing because he's a shitbag
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 21, 2019 5:29 PM

Jun 2019
I have a feeling Canute is secretly a badass. The scene where he got angry at the priest was pretty cool.

Looks like the village girl told Thorkell. Well, serves Askalaad right; what goes around comes around.

No! Poor Ragnar. He was such a nice guy, I really would've liked to have seen more of him and Canute together.

A bit of a plot twist with the King, guess we'll see how that goes.
Oct 21, 2019 5:43 PM

Mar 2018
Yep that's gonna be my AOTY , no more questions.

That dinner scene was sooo sweet, it instantly made every damn character at that table more likable.

Askelaad is a really fantastic antagonist that you can't help but love and hate at the same time. He's a total asshole but his plans make sense. That "No" to Ragnar was chilling, so short, yet so powerful.
He can be like "fun", but also so damn cruel.

Ragnar's death was beautifully done, I knew that it was gonna happened at some point but I didn't expect it so soon, nor to be like this. A truly great moment.
Oct 21, 2019 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
Askeladd went full Little Finger lol. Very good development from the last epic episode. Ragnar was so annoying and I couldn't wait to see him offed, but when I finally liked him a little bit.. Oh well.
Oct 21, 2019 6:37 PM

Oct 2016
Haha, the red-haired girl survived! I usually never want to see the protagonists lose, even when they are bad, but this is an exception.
Also, I didn't think of it until I was rewatching Episode 14, but Cnut really should have spoke up against the slaughter of all those people just to ensure his own safety. Also, I came to realize, after rewatching, just how good Episode 14 was.
And this was an amazing follow-up for sure. Ragnar dying surprised me and made me a lot more sad than I would've thought. I mean, I wasn't even attached to him or anything. He really loved Cnut like a son, and his dying words were depressing.
I'm excited to see Cnut's reaction and how the battle goes.
And I really liked the entire dinner table scene (even though the time of day seemed to change really fast). I really like Thorfinn and Cnut's interactions.

Chickengirl said:
I feel like the eating scene being so nice and cheerful was a big hint Ragnar was gonna die soon. While I do think Ragnar coddled Canute too much, at least Canute was able to be his more normal self in Ragnar's presence.

So is Askellad just gonna tell Canute "oh the English soldiers killed Ragnar so sad" and Canute will believe him? Or will Canute see through his lies and finally stand up for himself. It seems as though Canute's brother becoming the next king instead will screw up Askellad's grand plan, so having Canute go against him would probably be bad.

I feel like Cnut will believe him, but even if he didn't, he would probably only stand up for himself by yelling and/or crying. I don't see him going any further than that. He is very submissive.

ttcchen said:
i knew that's gonna happen. he has to die in order for Canute to grow up. It's sad, but necessary both for the plot and his character development.

SEeems like Thorkell and Thorfinn are gonna meet again. I cannot wait for their second battle. It's gonna be lit.

So the King wants the prince killed. what a trash father and king. Like Thorkell said, the prince has many use. even if he's weak-minded, there're still manual labor and advantages he can bring you. No need to kill him! The pointed head really is a better father figure for Canute. The king acts way too king like to be a father.

i mean, what's wrong with a prince cooking? it's a necessary survival skill. no skill is ever useless. as a human being, we should be on a constant path of learning and exploring new things. the king should be happy for the prince rather than raging over his cooking.

Dariat said:
Looks like Askeladd is pretty much the main villain

there is no villain in history.

Ten said:
That was just too sad.

I can understand Askeladd's reasoning but I didn't want Ragnar to die. And he says he's going to take over the role by Canute's side. That's some twisted father figure for yet another poor boy. Well, I hope it'll still do some good for Canute's character development.

i dunno, he's a pretty good father figure to Thorfinn

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.

>i mean, what's wrong with a prince cooking? it's a necessary survival skill. no skill is ever useless. as a human being, we should be on a constant path of learning and exploring new things. the king should be happy for the prince rather than raging over his cooking.
I mean, I agree with you, but they said why the King felt that way. The King felt like it was a peasant's or slave's job, not a royalty's job.

deg said:
both Thorfinn and Canute lost their father now (well father figure for Canute anyway)

I hope they become friends. They both have different types of pain to deal with, and come from completely different perspectives. I love their interactions. I hope Thorfinn tries to at least comfort Cnut for his loss.

GreenEmu said:
Askeladd did nothing wrong, and I'm loving all the salt he's providing from the anime fanbase. He's pragmatic and goal oriented and I respect that. People crying about "muh honor" are hilarious.

Slaughtering that entire village was kind of a cunt move.

Dariat said:

Yeah, the Vikings were kind of like real-life Goblins in a way, huh.
As for the justice thing, don't you at least think it's interesting seeing things from the villains POV? That's pretty much what this show is. I like that these people are pretty much monsters, but the show reminds us that they are humans, and there were (and still are) plenty of humans that acted like this. They're bad for sure, even irredeemable in my opinion, but that's a thing I personally like about this anime. It's an entirely different POV then what we are used to.
They are like the Goblins, but they are also humans. And it shows their ideals as well.

mohrip said:
Dariat said:

The goblins from Goblin slayer is just there for exist, rape and got killed. On the other hand, Askeladd and his crew will make you question their morality. They can be a badass, savage, noble, or even an asshole. Askeladd did this so he can achieve his dream and he's really different from any other pacifist character, he doesn't care what he did, as long as it's a benefit for him, he will do it. He's kinda similar with Griffith(Berserk) who will sacrifice anything for a greater thing. The goblins, I don't know, it's just there so they can get slaughtered. They don't have any goals except for raping.

Oct 21, 2019 7:11 PM

Feb 2019
Fuck Asekladd, Canute best waifu
Oct 21, 2019 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
Man, I thought Vinland Saga was pretty damn good during the first four,but this second cour has really cranked things up to an 11.

So, this is an interesting development. Askeladd did all this for the opportunity to garner power with a Sweden led by Canute, but it seems that Sewyn’s plan was to send Canute into battle so he would die to free up Haraad for the throne, which makes Askeladd’s plan complete bumpkiss.

I wondered what Sewyn was plotting with this war and Canute...now it all makes sense. This ultimately throws Thorkell’s plan out the window as well, so I’m really curious as to what’s going to happen now because Askeladd and Thorkell’s factions are now fighting for essentially nothing.

Overall, great episode. I didn’t particularly care for Ragnar, but even that scene had me nearly tearing up. I mean, I knew he was going to die at some point...I should’ve figured it’d be Askeladd that does him in. My God that guy is a Lvl 100 antagonist.
Oct 21, 2019 7:36 PM

Mar 2012
GreenEmu said:

Askeladd really tip toes the line between antagonist and protagonist. I think it’s easy to see how his ambitions align with a protagonist, but his actions scream of a demonic antagonist.
Oct 21, 2019 7:46 PM

Nov 2014
Pikslap said:
ttcchen said:
i knew that's gonna happen. he has to die in order for Canute to grow up. It's sad, but necessary both for the plot and his character development.

SEeems like Thorkell and Thorfinn are gonna meet again. I cannot wait for their second battle. It's gonna be lit.

So the King wants the prince killed. what a trash father and king. Like Thorkell said, the prince has many use. even if he's weak-minded, there're still manual labor and advantages he can bring you. No need to kill him! The pointed head really is a better father figure for Canute. The king acts way too king like to be a father.

i mean, what's wrong with a prince cooking? it's a necessary survival skill. no skill is ever useless. as a human being, we should be on a constant path of learning and exploring new things. the king should be happy for the prince rather than raging over his cooking.

there is no villain in history.

i dunno, he's a pretty good father figure to Thorfinn

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.

>i mean, what's wrong with a prince cooking? it's a necessary survival skill. no skill is ever useless. as a human being, we should be on a constant path of learning and exploring new things. the king should be happy for the prince rather than raging over his cooking.
I mean, I agree with you, but they said why the King felt that way. The King felt like it was a peasant's or slave's job, not a royalty's job.

exactly my point. the king is wrong in that cooking is a peasant's or slave's job. that's not right. status and wealth doesn't matter in cooking. it's a survival skill everyone should learn regardless of if ur a king or a prince or a servant or a slave
Oct 22, 2019 12:58 AM

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:
Pikslap said:

exactly my point. the king is wrong in that cooking is a peasant's or slave's job. that's not right. status and wealth doesn't matter in cooking. it's a survival skill everyone should learn regardless of if ur a king or a prince or a servant or a slave

its an elitist mindset typical of these nobility shitlords.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 22, 2019 7:17 AM
Jan 2016
Another crazy sad eps...but yeah, that last information from Ragnar is what Askeladd wants...I think that info is vital for his next step and yeah, it's not surprising if the King would pick one for the next throne, but I didn't expect that the King would kill one of his own childre n...It's crazy man, everybody acts based on their own instinct, not with a clear mind.
Oct 22, 2019 9:22 AM

May 2016
Askelad luck is gone through the dust...

RIP Ragnar you sure blabbed a lot.
Oct 22, 2019 9:25 AM

May 2018
ttcchen said:

SEeems like Thorkell and Thorfinn are gonna meet again. I cannot wait for their second battle. I

I hope Thorkell mops the floor with him, though I don't think that will happen
Oct 22, 2019 10:20 AM

Mar 2017
OMFG i can't believe Askeladd actually killed him... wait, that's a lie cause Askeladd has no honour haha

Man, i wish Canute could catch a break; now it's revealed he's own father wants him dead! Well, fuck you Swyen cause one day he's going to be the King of Denmark, England AND Norway! Also, Thorfinn kinda likes him now so he'll fuck anyone up who tries to mess with him...
Oct 22, 2019 1:48 PM

Sep 2019
Tsarko said:
HotPocketChris said:
can someone explain why askeladd wanted ragnar dead?

Because he sees Ragnar as an obstacle in prince's development and the main reason why the prince is a coward. All that is not good for prince, and most importantly it's not good for whatever Askeladd plans for the future are. With Ragnar gone, Canute can develop into a man and prince he is supposed to be.

Ragnar was in his way, now he can manipulate Canute more freely. It's not Canute's gain he seeks, it's his own.
Oct 22, 2019 1:48 PM
Aug 2017
So i know i can get the episode on other sites TOTALLY LEGALLY but does anyone know why prime doesnt have it up yet? I've been refreshing the page for two days now and its still unavailable for me, not sure if its an international issue or not but anyone know whats going on?
Oct 22, 2019 4:10 PM
Feb 2016
People really compare Askeladd to just a villain. Nah. He's not a good dude but theres no villains in this era. Most people do bad things and that includes the mc. this is not a shonen.
Oct 22, 2019 4:24 PM

Apr 2018
When Askeladd says “why didn’t you tell me earlier”, you kinda get the feeling that he knows things could get bad from here. Even his crew knows. RIP Ragnar, he was a good dude that legit only wanted to keep the prince safe.
Oct 22, 2019 4:25 PM

Jul 2017
King Sweyn at this point, is just being a bastard of a father towards one of his sons, even so to Canute whilst getting him back from the hands of Askeladd, whom might be useful for his own plans. A power struggle huh, this is the norm for the days of that time.

Ragnar might be the most pitiful character, but obnoxiously held back by the faith, and most importantly, to Canute's growth as the next king of Denmark (other than brotherly rivalry of power). It's an absolutely good thing he's gone for the better, and the same with Askeladd, I completely feel no remorse for such an advisory like him, even though he was like another father figure to Canute.

Not being able to see Canute in his last days were terrifying "justice" from Askeladd himself, the manga being more probable and scary due to the mangaka's drawings and depictions.

RIP Ragnar, you won't be missed.
Oct 22, 2019 5:08 PM
Jul 2019
I thought I was going to feel happy with Ragnars death because I hated the character but the way he died was kind of sad.
Oct 22, 2019 5:42 PM

Aug 2014
Man, lost a few brain cells reading some of the comments here. These people calling Askeladd a bad character for being evil/morally grey would absolutely LOVE Walter White or pretty much anyone from ASOIF lol.
Oct 22, 2019 5:49 PM

Dec 2016
Ragnar dying was shown in the OP, so I guess it was inevitable. Even if they didn't show that, he had a ton of death flags this episode anyway. Now I suppose best girl Canute will undergo some drastic changes and no longer be a waifu...

Thorfinn seems to have taken a backseat these past few episodes, and to be honest, I've not really found him interesting at all so far. If the ending of the opening sequence is anything to go by, Thorfinn's path will diverge from Askeladd's and Canute's soon, so if the anime adapts that far, maybe then there will be some good development for him.

What's the difference?
Oct 22, 2019 6:24 PM

Jan 2019
These past episodes have identified those who want morally correct characters, and those who have a fascination for morally grey characters.
Interesting.
Oct 22, 2019 6:24 PM

Nov 2018
Daemon said:
Ragnar dying was shown in the OP, so I guess it was inevitable. Even if they didn't show that, he had a ton of death flags this episode anyway. Now I suppose best girl Canute will undergo some drastic changes and no longer be a waifu...

Thorfinn seems to have taken a backseat these past few episodes, and to be honest, I've not really found him interesting at all so far. If the ending of the opening sequence is anything to go by, Thorfinn's path will diverge from Askeladd's and Canute's soon, so if the anime adapts that far, maybe then there will be some good development for him.

Probably only on season 2, if we ever get one, he will go through some hell of a character development.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

392 by joelius__0 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
Apr 23, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

795 by Lawgun »»
Apr 23, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.