Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever deleted a character from your favorites?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 15, 2019 10:38 AM

Aug 2016
Yeah occasionally, I tend to get rid of characters not because I start to dislike them or anything, I still love them but It's just that I've found other characters I loved more than them so they get bumped off my top 10. I still hold them all very dearly to me :3
Oct 15, 2019 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Monarch-Reli said:
Personally, my favorite characters are my favorites because they have a sort of cathartic view into a part of myself as a person, whether that be positive or negative, I think that's the case to an extent with everyone's favorite characters. The most likely reason they're not my favorite anymore, isn't because I didn't enjoy them, but because they were a phase of my life that I found relatable to me and that phase has passed. Not much more to it than that.

Interesting. I think I may be the opposite, in some ways: the characters I love the most are the most entertaining ones (usually assholes), not necessarily the most relatable.

I used to have Askeladd from Vinland Saga in my favorites but then I deleted him after I realized I forgot why I loved him and, even while watching the anime, I just don't like him as much, even though I think he's a great character.
Oct 15, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2007
Mostly to make room for other characters that I love and relate to more.
Oct 15, 2019 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
Not really deleted but replaced. There were quite a lot of them too.
Oct 15, 2019 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Nubiellee said:
If so, why? Is it because that character did something that made you angry or disappointed? Did you just realised you didn't liked them that much to begin with? Or is it something else?

Ya. Because I found another character I also love and MAL won't give space for them..
Oct 15, 2019 12:08 PM
Nov 2017
Yes, just now.
Well you have to let go of old stuff if you want new things in life.

Plus I used to like Naruto but I find him annoying now so yeah I removed him.
Oct 15, 2019 12:29 PM

Aug 2018
Yes I do it constantly , as I watch more anime I get more fav characters so I change my fav list a little

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Oct 15, 2019 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
Sure, I have. I have so many characters I like that I occasionally get bored and change my current setup.
Oct 15, 2019 12:32 PM
Jan 2017
I only do it when I find a character I love more and thus need to replace someone in order to fit them into my list.
Oct 15, 2019 12:37 PM

May 2019
skipped said:
Only if I want to add someone new. Then I yeet the one i like least.

Basically this ^

When I first started watching anime all of my favorite characters were from the same two or three animes but as I got to know animes and new characters, I added new characters and removed some others.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 15, 2019 12:39 PM

Aug 2014
I only removed a few favorite characters to make room for certain others.
Oct 15, 2019 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
All the time. Not because something happens and I no longer like that character but because I end up finding new ones I like more. Someone has to get the boot.
Oct 15, 2019 6:19 PM

Sep 2017
Not deleted, just replaced them with some characters I love even more

And as someone said, 10 favourite characters isn't enough
Oct 15, 2019 6:28 PM

Apr 2018
Didn't really delete them, I just kinda replaced them. Not that I dislike the characters or anything. I just find new ones that I really like. I once had Miria and Isaac, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Sachiko Fujinuma, Nanachi, and Magane Chikujoin to name a few on my favorites.

Although Karma Akabane and Satsuki Kiryuin have been my top two since I made my account, and I don't see that ever changing.
Oct 15, 2019 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
ive deleted levi from attack on titan from my IRL favourites

i have a figure of him and when i look at it i just pretend that nothing past season 2 exists hehe xd

back then he was very Cool and then he became very Not Cool
Oct 15, 2019 7:38 PM

Mar 2017
it's really pain in the ass when you have to replace your's fav with the new one.

for me it's hard to choose the fav char among my liked characters, even my fav characters is not valid.

i have many characters that i like, so i stored it in anime planet then feautured the fav one on mal.

naruto is my fav since childhood.
Oct 15, 2019 8:35 PM
Oct 2019
Yes, but not because she wasn’t my dear wafui, but because of the unflattering picture of her.
Oct 15, 2019 9:09 PM

Aug 2018
H1GHLANDER360 said:
JoyBoy_316 said:
Not deleted just replaced. For years asuka was my favourite eva girl until one day I realized that misato was better so I did what I had to do

I see you're a man of culture as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Misato is best girl hands down, no contest.
As for the question, yeah I see the favorites list as my personal top 10 more or less though I don't take it too seriously but as I watch more anime and read more manga it just makes sense that my favorites will change at least a little over time. Recently I added Teresa from the Claymore manga after rereading it for the first time and deciding she was everything the character she replaced was only a little bit better.
Oct 16, 2019 12:20 AM

Mar 2018
Deleted? You meant 'swapped'. And yes, I did swapped some characters but not because I grew to hate them nor I don't like them as much anymore. It's just, I found characters I love more than them.

But yeah, I understand the pain of kicking a character out from your favorite list. That's why I made an extended list in my profile.

Oct 16, 2019 12:32 AM

Oct 2018
I never deleted any, only replaced one. That has happened multiple times.

Like first when I'd started watching anime, my first anime was SnK, and I put Mikasa in my favourites after a few episodes. I replaced her a few months later, but I don't remember who I replaced her with.
I also had Touka from TG in my favourites, after like 1 month(?) she got replaced too, also can't remember who with.

I also had Asuna from SAO there for a short period of time, like 2 weeks at most. I think I replaced her with Chino-chan.

The only ones in my favourites who has never been replaced, and never even considered doing it, and never will, are:
- Kurisu
- Rikka
- and Rem

They have been there for the longest time. They have been in my favourites for probably like 8+months now. I also will never replace best girl Rinko. She's relatively new there, it's been like 3 months since I added her, but she already got the #1 spot, and will stay there, she won't be replaced either :D

Chtholly has been there for quite a while now too, don't know if she will be replaced.

Well, I think I wrote quite a lot, considering probably no-one cares lol. Thanks for reading anyway.
-Aincrad-Oct 16, 2019 12:36 AM
Oct 16, 2019 1:14 AM

Jul 2016
NOt deleted but replaced. Just by watching new shows i find ones that i preffer over other ones i had in the past, and since there's only 10 spaces on MAL i have to replace some, even if i still like them. But this doesn't happen that often, maybe 1-2 times a year at most.

On that note, even in that top 10 i feel like there are some i haven't move from there since the beginning and its gonna be hard for me to move them out.
skijo570Oct 16, 2019 1:18 AM
Oct 16, 2019 1:20 AM

Dec 2018
I've removed countless, but often not because they're disappointing or poorly written afterwards, but as simple as it is, I just remove them and replace with other 'favorite' characters. I still nonetheless consider most of them among the best, but I always keep that to myself and I prefer to display only a very few amount of favorites. As a remark, I like a displayed favorite list to constantly shift, but the true favorites are always in my mind, without specific order despite the scores. (In cases, I even put characters in my favorites temporarily with acknowledgement)
. . .
Oct 16, 2019 1:28 AM

Apr 2016
I've only replaced. Unfortunately I can't have more than 10 favorite characters on MAL 😑

Oct 16, 2019 2:54 AM

Jul 2019
-Aincrad- said:
I never deleted any, only replaced one. That has happened multiple times.

Like first when I'd started watching anime, my first anime was SnK, and I put Mikasa in my favourites after a few episodes. I replaced her a few months later, but I don't remember who I replaced her with.
I also had Touka from TG in my favourites, after like 1 month(?) she got replaced too, also can't remember who with.

I also had Asuna from SAO there for a short period of time, like 2 weeks at most. I think I replaced her with Chino-chan.

The only ones in my favourites who has never been replaced, and never even considered doing it, and never will, are:
- Kurisu
- Rikka
- and Rem

They have been there for the longest time. They have been in my favourites for probably like 8+months now. I also will never replace best girl Rinko. She's relatively new there, it's been like 3 months since I added her, but she already got the #1 spot, and will stay there, she won't be replaced either :D

Chtholly has been there for quite a while now too, don't know if she will be replaced.

Well, I think I wrote quite a lot, considering probably no-one cares lol. Thanks for reading anyway.

I care! That's why I made this topic after all! I read every answers.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 16, 2019 4:27 AM

Oct 2008
I replace my favorite characters, depending on the recent anime, season and year. The fact that I am replacing them means that new and better anime have come out. Or just a better character has immerged.
Oct 16, 2019 4:35 AM

May 2019
I deleted Isaac and Miriah because I realize I like Isaac and Mirah together, not separately.
Oct 16, 2019 5:03 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Seeing how there's just 10 slots for non-paid members, sometimes a character (while still a favorite) will have to make place for a character I like just that bit more.

I could purchase a paid membership, sure. But I'd rather not.
Oct 16, 2019 7:02 AM

Aug 2018
Usually, I delete characters from my favorites because I either don't like them (or just don't like them at all) as much anymore or because I have to choose between them and a character I like more.

To prevent changing my list five million times, I ust resorted to putting it all in a list on my profile bio but I deleted that since I need to remake it soooo yeah.
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Oct 16, 2019 7:06 AM

Jun 2013
I also replaced some characters over the years. Every year there are so many new and great animes with awesome characters it's hard to form a top 10! >~<
Oct 16, 2019 7:11 AM

Aug 2018
only reason i ever removed a character was because of the limitation of 10 characters and if i could put more i totally would

the only characters i could think of that i probably wont remove are:
reigen from mob psycho 100
akko from little witch academia
sakamoto from nichijou (best cat)
nanachi from made in abyss
and dandy from space dandy
Oct 16, 2019 7:23 AM

Mar 2015
Yes I did. Why? Because you get to know other characters with time and you might slightly place them above some of your current top 10 characters. In my case, I replaced Byakuya Kuchiki (Bleach) with Levi (Attack on Titan) at first after seeing his backstory, but then I got to know Akame ga Kill and put Leone over Levi as well, putting Levi at no. 10 and Leone at no. 9. Doing so, I replaced Byakuya and Zoro Roronoa (One Piece).

It's kind of the same as when you have a favourite anime, that suddenly you just can't help but put 1 above your current no. 1 after watching it.

There are some cases tho where you can have a faourite character (aka Gohan), that has the potential to be the best character, but suddenly the mangaka decides he just has to ruin his character by MAKING HIM QUIT HIS TRAINING(!!!!!!) and suddenly is weaker than a fodder character, then yes I get pissed and fk him then. Teen Gohan ftw, kill adult Gohan
Oct 16, 2019 8:43 AM

Jan 2010
Nubiellee said:
If so, why? Is it because that character did something that made you angry or disappointed? Did you just realised you didn't liked them that much to begin with? Or is it something else?

Yes.

If you are talking about MAL fav character list which can only up to 10 characters, I simply deleted them because I have new favorite character that I want to add. So I had to delete one I like the least out of the top 10.

If you are talking about my own favorite character list, usually because those exact reasons you mentioned. Either because the character did something that made me angry/disappointed, or I realized I don't like them as much as the other characters in my favorite list.

I remember deleting Kaneki bcs how he acted near the end of the story.
Oct 16, 2019 8:57 AM
Apr 2017
I deleted all of them when I realised they were pointless. The point of my MAL profile is to help me remember things that I might forget so there's an obvious place for all the anime I've watched (way too many to remember) and the VAs I prefer (I tend to be forgetful of their names). Characters of anime though, nah, I remember their names just fine, so there's no need to have them there.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Oct 16, 2019 9:03 AM

Oct 2015
I just add new characters every now and then to replace an old one.

Also Its not even really my actual 10 faves because I like to try to have a wider selection in my favourites so I dont have Edward Elric or FMA manga because I already have Brotherhood in my favourite shows.

I have Kamina, Ginko, Guts and Luffy though because its impossible to leave those out.
Oct 16, 2019 9:44 AM

Jun 2019
I only replace them. I never really stop liking characters, though.

Oct 16, 2019 11:40 AM

Sep 2016
replaced yes..they're in my heart forever
Oct 16, 2019 2:24 PM

Jan 2017
I changed a few characters because I would have too may from 1 series and lately I have gotten in Rokujouma so Kotarou and Theiamillis became favorites.
Oct 16, 2019 6:37 PM
Apr 2019
Nope, your favorite characters are your favorite characters and you love them a bit too much. At least, it's like that to me. My favorite characters are like my children :)
Oct 16, 2019 8:17 PM

Oct 2015
From time to time, especially if I just finished a series; if I really do like them, then they stay, but if it was a knee-jerk kind of like, then they either slide down or just get removed.

I think my top two are safe, though.

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
Oct 16, 2019 10:26 PM

Sep 2016
I tend to shift my favorite characters around. I replace rather than delete them, there's so many characters I love.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
Oct 16, 2019 10:28 PM

Jul 2017
Yeah, because I saw a better character and had to remove my least favorite from the 10. But it never happened that I liked a character and then disliked them, like because of character development. That's why I have my favorites that are not top 10 under "About Me".
Oct 17, 2019 12:45 AM

Jun 2016
Yes but even so i still like every character that was in my MAL favorites at some point. I made a list will all of them so they're technically still in my profile :')
Oct 17, 2019 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
I replace them almost every month. The only ones I never removed are Levi, Light and Kaneki.
Oct 17, 2019 11:07 AM

Sep 2010
My list went through a lot of changes over the years. When I remove a character its usually because I found someone I love even more or while I love them my obsession with them is not as strong as it once was.

I do know that Rolo Lamperouge and Totsuka Tatara will never be removed from my list simply because both these characters help me through some of the darkest times in my life with their smiles and the impact they left on me through their character's story line. These two characters mean the world to me honestly and everytime they show up in new material or get merch it makes me really happy to see they are still popular enough within the Japanese fandom for the companies to still make goodies or official artwork of them.

The rest of the characters come and go honestly except for maybe Yang Wenli I love him so much, but just not the same magnitude as Rolo and Totsuka. I don't see him being removed anytime soon same for Hilda too.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 17, 2019 11:15 AM

Jul 2017
yeah but only to make room for another character that i like more,
im not spending my money on MAL-support just for an extra 10 slots
<3 "Nothing compares to Dark Enchantress Cookie's greatness!" <3
Oct 17, 2019 11:17 AM

Apr 2015
Nope. My fav characters have had that place for long time and prob won't change. Sure though I have many other characters I like but not on the same level.
Nov 27, 2019 5:56 AM

Jun 2016
Yes because I decided to make it kind of a meme list.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 27, 2019 5:59 AM

Feb 2016
Yes, to make room for another character that I liked more. I traded Ushio (Clannad) for Pino (Ergo Proxy)
Nov 28, 2019 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
Multiple times. Tastes evolve and change.
Dec 17, 2019 6:31 AM

Jul 2016
Of course,because i wanted to diversify my list and not include two of the same character types.Of course my top 2 favourites are an exception.
SummerynDec 17, 2019 6:44 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

32 by Daviljoe193 »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

215 by ISeeLifePeople »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
7 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
7 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

5 by Otakupervert890 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.