Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you watch anime reactions?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 14, 2019 10:29 AM

Aug 2019
I only watch reactions of people watching anime reactions.

And reactions of people watching people watching anime reactions.

No, seriously - what's the point?
Oct 14, 2019 10:36 AM

Oct 2017
I don't now, but when Goblin Slayer was airing last year I got seriously addicted to watching reactions for that show. Hasn't happened with any anime before or since. No other anime has even made me want to check out reactions. Strange but whatever, I had fun.

I think I'm stil subbed to a couple channels so I'll shout them out quick:

Dak the Mac:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU7fZAJ9l9XuyBcxDz-RixQ

EVlog:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa6HqTpqY-EQdj4kiC_mqvg

Huh... guess I only subbed to two of them. Or I unsubbed from others.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 14, 2019 10:41 AM
Mar 2018
If having some friends over and showing them some anime counts as watching a reaction then yeah, I watch reactions sometimes.

Oh wait, you mean online? Not really, that kind of content isn't for me personally.
Oct 14, 2019 10:44 AM
May 2019
I just don't see the appeal they are boring and fake I rather watch something with substance.
Oct 14, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2013
I tend to avoid reaction videos all together. In fact I rarely watch anything related to anime on youtube. I've watched so much anime I already know what I'm likely to enjoy and watching someone react to or review an anime isn't likely to have an impact on that.
Oct 14, 2019 10:49 AM

May 2018
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yikes
anime reactions are the cancer of the anime community, its literally the most mind-numbing content out there. yetttttttt I must admit, the only "reactor" (uhhhhhh cringe ) I watch is the flaming shark, mainly for his personality because I think hes a really chill guy. not often though
Oct 14, 2019 10:54 AM

Feb 2019
I do, but I like to do more for the discussions and breakdown. I think Teeaboo and Semblance of Sanity do a fantastic job in that department. Blind Wave and Kimchi and Tofu are good as well. The rest is too over-the-top or boring.
Oct 14, 2019 10:54 AM

Oct 2018
Seijatachiiii said:
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yikes
anime reactions are the cancer of the anime community, its literally the most mind-numbing content out there. yetttttttt I must admit, the only "reactor" (uhhhhhh cringe ) I watch is the flaming shark, mainly for his personality because I think hes a really chill guy. not often though

I don't like him too much tbh, mainly because he's so loud, and sometimes talks too much
Oct 14, 2019 10:55 AM

Jun 2016
Rarely. I find most of them cringe so i only watch mashup reactions to certain scenes.
However i do quite like SoS (the only react channel i do enjoy tbh) so i find myself watching new anime because of them.
Oct 14, 2019 11:37 AM

Oct 2018
Xstasy said:
I just don't see the appeal they are boring and fake I rather watch something with substance.

I know many are fake, but it's still fun to watch (some of) them.

Just like wrestling. Everyone knows it's fake and scripted, yet millions love it.
Oct 14, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2018
I watch some sometimes only if it's a scene that's especially badass or emotionally provoking in any way.

Oct 14, 2019 12:49 PM

Nov 2016
I've actually watched my fair share of reaction videos but never from anime for some reason
Oct 14, 2019 1:10 PM

Jun 2016
No. The closest thing I do is show weird/funny/exciting stuff to people I know and look at their face to see their reaction and then laugh together.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 14, 2019 1:20 PM

Jun 2019
Yup, but I have to have:

A) Seen the series in question first in full

B) Be able to tolerate the reactor, which eliminates 90%+ of them off the bat. Too many stupid/ignorant remarks, constantly talking over dialogue, constantly being distracted by other people or things in the room like texting on phones, etc., is a total no-go.

C) The screen actually be viewable and not behind layers of too intrusive a filter to evade copyright sanction

I also won't watch those reactors who don't post a small screen of the show in the same video or link it but require you to stream/pirate/download it separately on your own and open up another window or tab in parallel. If it requires that much effort and I really want to see it again, at that point I'd rather just watch it on my own period sans commentary.

Basically, if I feel either their analysis from an intellectual standpoint or reaction on a visceral emotional level actually offers something of worth to contribute to the pre-existing original content, since there isn't anyone else I watch anime with. It's nice to be able to see someone with fresh eyes experiencing the series again, as it's the only thing to simulate the first time excitement of certain moments and developments.

I've watched YouTube-based reaction videos for Inuyasha, Higurashi, Berserk, Serial Experiments Lain, Noragami, Shiki, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Ergo Proxy, Cowboy Bebop, Kiseijuu, Goblin Slayer, Rurouni Kenshin, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I don't think I'm leaving any out.
Oct 14, 2019 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
I used to watch those once upon a time but then stopped watching for no reason.
Oct 14, 2019 2:30 PM

Oct 2018
Sometimes I do, seeing people react to my favourite shows is always a pleasure, wherever it's online or IRL.
Oct 14, 2019 3:07 PM

Aug 2016
Only when I'm extremely bored and I decide that for some reason I want to see how people reacted to a particular scene I loved/hated in an anime
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 14, 2019 3:37 PM

Apr 2016
I like to watch reaction Mashup.. I watch every week, for the anime i like. I think i started watching those reactions when Re:CREATORS started airing..
Is quite interesting to see how people react differently to the same thing 😅

Oct 14, 2019 3:44 PM

Jul 2017
I only watch anime reactions when something hype happens. I like to see how other people’s reactions compared to mine but sometime they be a little extra.
Oct 14, 2019 4:31 PM

Dec 2012
No, because that would be a waste of my time.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 14, 2019 11:02 PM

Jul 2019
No I don't and I would love it if they would stop to cluster up my recommended bar.
Oct 15, 2019 1:20 AM

Jan 2019
AniSins's videos are the only thing I watch that could be considered "anime reaction videos."
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become irrelevant.
Oct 15, 2019 1:25 AM

Feb 2019
Not really interested in them, the only one I watched was “reacting to VEG Episode 10” and that's the only one I like.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 15, 2019 2:08 AM

May 2018
uwuarsa said:
Not really interested in them, the only one I watched was “reacting to VEG Episode 10” and that's the only one I like.

Me as well. After that, i find alot of suggestions from youtube about "reacting" video on my dashboard lol.
Oct 15, 2019 2:09 AM
Sep 2017
No, never have. I don't see the appeal or the point of them either.
Oct 15, 2019 2:15 AM

Nov 2016
I never have but then I don't see the point honestly. I would much rather just watch anime properly.

I do watch game reveal reactions though, like Smash Bros character reveals.
Oct 15, 2019 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
I mean, there are many things I want to do and little time available.
I could read manga, novel or informative article/journal/book; or watch anime, movie, live action or drama instead.
The idea of "reaction video" itself is something I don't understand why it exists in the first place.
Oct 15, 2019 2:23 AM
Feb 2019
Do I want to see some person who usually misinterprets scenes or just overreact everything (sometimes fake act)? Hell no.
Oct 15, 2019 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
I do love to embrace the hype of certain anime's, usually action related, it really allows me to understand how much of a phenomenon certain shows have become.
For example, there was a screening of the final episodes of Dragon Ball Super in south america and it feels quite absurd seeing hundreds of people in a crowd shouting and screaming for Goku to destroy his opponent as if the anime was some real event.
Oct 15, 2019 6:24 AM

Oct 2017
I regularly watch heavenlycontroller's My hero academia reactions because of his small dubs(similar to giguk) and just how infectious it is to watch.

I used to watch Etika's reactions to JoJo as well
Oct 15, 2019 6:52 AM

Dec 2018
I feel like having someone scream or talk over scenes take the meaning out of the material they’re reacting to. So I personally don’t watch any reactions.
Oct 15, 2019 6:59 AM

Mar 2019
No, I'm not retarded. I don't need to see another retards reaction, it's better to form your own opinion and experiences.
Oct 15, 2019 7:02 AM

Jun 2019
Yeah, sometimes. When it's a moment I had a strong reaction to, I like seeing how other people reacted to it. Not too often though.

Oct 15, 2019 7:34 AM

Oct 2019
Not as much as reactions perse, but also analysis and other stuff anime related, try Glass Reflection on YouTube, he's a cool dude with some great anime reviews

Oct 15, 2019 7:40 AM

Jul 2019
I did it once or two, I think. But I voted I don't because it's just something that I will never do again. It's not my thing even if I understand why other people would like it.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 15, 2019 8:23 AM
Jan 2018
The only reaction videos I have watched are Jaxbaldes for dumbell as he's a personal trainer and he talked about what was right and wrong and gave better explanation and tips plus he's a big fan of the series/manga and geeks out

He also does other anime related workout videos
Oct 15, 2019 11:34 AM

Aug 2007
Not at all, those kind of things don't interest me.
Oct 15, 2019 11:39 AM

Oct 2018
used to but not anymore... it looks like a fake to me. I might be consider watching if it is public reaction such as classroom, cinema, candid, etc.
Oct 15, 2019 11:40 AM

Jun 2017
I hate reaction videos. Cringe and fake af.

Oct 15, 2019 11:50 AM
Nov 2015
I do honestly, reviews are great but I like to see people's immidiate unfiltered response to art and i see reaction videos as a good medium for that.

I see alot of people say it's a waste of time and that's understandable perspective but also a relative one and that stance is predicted with an essence of arrogance, as if why your time spent on something aside from watching a reaction video is fullfilled and not wasted , but hey you do you. Plus people give their thoughts on shows as well some quite extensively and provide prolonged discussion.

Seeing people who don't normally watch anime react to anime like Blindwave and the normies are mostly entertaining. And I also like the sos Bros reaction channel, they sometimes react to anime that isn't getting the most amount of buzz and their discussions of the show is sometimes longer than the reaction.

I see some people say that their reactions are fake which is without evidence, yes people tend to up their reactions more when facing a camera but that's a fair call from being fake.
Oct 15, 2019 11:53 AM
Nov 2015
sad_sinner said:
No, I'm not retarded. I don't need to see another retards reaction, it's better to form your own opinion and experiences.
yes but that's keeping yourself in a bubble, its bwtter to form your own opinions but that isn't hindered by watching a reaction and they expose you to other people's opinions.
Oct 15, 2019 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
I don't watch reactions to anyhting ever, it's honestly the stupid entertainment people are into. What the hell, honestly. I would rather watch the worst anime ever than a reaction to the best one.
Oct 15, 2019 11:56 AM
Dec 2018
I do regularly but only for certain shows. One Piece and AoT reactions always great but I find entertaining to see people react lesser known animes too. Trust is the most important thing because unfortunately there is a lot of fake reaction videos on YT.

Best YouTube anime reactors for me;
1. Animaechan
2. SuperMechaFrieza
3. Accent Central
4. Barri Reacts
5. Lalafluffbunny
6. RogersBase
7. Double Dragon
8. Heatah22 Reacts
9. HugzNSam
10. Crazy Bombadouken 2
11. Blind Wave
12. GeekHouse
13. FILMBuFF
14. YesiJai
15. Kimchi & Tofu
16. Teeaboo2
17. Witchy Twitchy
18. Laurelei Lee
19. TheFlamingShark
20. and Uzumaki Khan <3

Oct 15, 2019 12:15 PM

Oct 2018
sad_sinner said:

Are you saying people who watch reactions are retarded?
Oct 15, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2019
-Aincrad- said:
sad_sinner said:

I'm saying I'm hungry, hungry boy. Give me something to eat.
Oct 15, 2019 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
No, reaction videos are cringe and bluepilled.
あなたは誰?
Oct 15, 2019 2:05 PM

Oct 2018
sad_sinner said:
-Aincrad- said:

No. You don't get to eat tonight boy.
Oct 15, 2019 2:08 PM

Mar 2019
-Aincrad- said:
sad_sinner said:

No. You don't get to eat tonight boy.

I've not eaten or drank anything in 3 days lul my belly makes weird sounds
Oct 15, 2019 4:18 PM

Mar 2015
Reaction channels mostly do popular anime, so no.
woah there
Oct 15, 2019 5:54 PM

Jun 2015
Reaction videos in general are quite the bottom of the barrel in terms of what to waste your time at.

For anime in particular considering what I've stumbled upon is even more disconcerting. You're just seeing people sitting through the episode and making a very sporadic random comment from time to time, and most of the times if there's an actual reaction is forced.

Not to mention they almost only cover anime I don't give a damn about, which is probably for the best anyway.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

6 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

54 by NubFix »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

60 by mizukasa »»
3 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

2 by Lhundrup »»
7 minutes ago

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 7 hours ago

5 by Rhaelynne »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.