Karakai Jouzi Takagi-San II
Given
O Maidens In Your Savage Season
Dr. Stone
Symphogear XV
Vinland Saga
Sep 16, 2019 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
Summer is like over and Vinland Saga is the only anime I've seen then. I ain't interested in another battle shounen or isekai anime.
Sep 16, 2019 9:27 PM
Mar 2015
Dr.Stone, vinland saga, araburu, dumbbell and sounan desu ka? , 5/12 animes i'm watching this season
Sep 17, 2019 12:07 AM

Jul 2016
This season was quite lacking if I'm honest.

Well, leaving aside two-cour shows such as Fruits Basket (2019) and Kimetsu no Yaiba which second halves were honestly more enjoyable than any other anime this season, I would say Given and Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? were the only ones I have truly liked since their first episodes.
Sep 17, 2019 12:22 AM

Aug 2019
I-AM-NO-SLAVE said:
I enjoyed 80ies Anime instead of modern seasonal garbage this summer.

I can't be fucked watching seasonal anime either <3
Sep 17, 2019 1:24 AM

Jun 2015
Cosmicbeingx said:
I-AM-NO-SLAVE said:

Well u elitist wannabee EVERY anime is a seasonal anime.
Read Toriko!
Sep 17, 2019 1:37 AM

May 2017
Very much enjoyed Vinland Saga, and I'm so excited to continue following it.

I didnt keep up with Astra Lost in Space, but did binge up to ep 9 after it was rated so highly, and I'm loving it. The first few eps were a little cheesy for me, but the story is really cool.

I've been following The Ones Within, and really really enjoying it. One of my top shows from this season. It's really funny and strange, just my type of humour, I guess. I'm looking forward to the wrap up.

Given has been okay. Not quite a disappointment but also not pulling me in as much as I thought it would.

Binged Are you lost?, and that is a HILARIOUS short anime. I'm not big into ecchi, but this show is so sweet and amazing while being incredibly interesting. Definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to watch something funny, educational, and stupid, but isnt put off by perverted scenarios.

Dropped Dr. Stone and Fire Force. My partner is stilling following them so I catch some scenes and story pieces whenever he is watching, but I'm so glad I ended where I did. Dr. Stone has such a "manga-style" beginning, meaning, you can REALLY tell that it was written for a monthly/weekly magazine, and it confounds me as to why the anime script didnt edit it to make it better??
And for Fire Force, the short arcs are simply dull. Also, the one character who only exists for fanservice at completely stupid times is really sad.

And I reeeeally want to watch O Maidens in the Savage Season, but I don't have HiDive, so I havent been able to check it out... would probably be high up in my list though. It looks like something i would really enjoy
demisionSep 17, 2019 1:52 AM
Sep 17, 2019 1:54 AM
Mar 2016
I honestly stopped watching the big 3 aka Vinland Saga, Dr.Stone and Fire Force. Mostly because they're 24 eps long and I'll binge them later. (although I did really enjoy what i saw of Vinland saga)

I binged Demon Slayer though,,,fucking resented it.
Binged Astra,,,it was okay. I wish the production was a little better.
Binged Fruit basket(still not caught up),,,, I like it

Have been watching Araburu Kisetsu,,,Really enjoying this so far
and finally Given,,,Some parts are slow but episode 9 was fantastic.

thinking about dropping Lord el melloi,,,idk i find it uninteresting.
Sep 17, 2019 1:57 AM

Jun 2017
given
araburu kisetsu no otome-domo yo
vinland saga
Dumbell
Jizi99Sep 17, 2019 6:04 AM
Sep 17, 2019 2:16 AM

May 2018
I was hyped for a lot of titles this season: Vinland Saga, Lord El-Melloi II, Kanata no Astra, Enen no Shouboutai, Cop Craft ect.
All of them declined in certain ways.

Cop Craft is the worst offender. It was good for only few episodes an than the production and the story nosedived.
Enen no Shouboutai is your typical battle shounen (incidental ecchi and all).
Kanata no Astra started great but kind of swept under the rug all the adventures and the space exploration. Went with the melodrama and with "the adults are corrupted and evil liars".
Lord El-Melloi II has the perfect setting and atmosphere but dragged the main case for too long.
Vinland Saga is kind of good but a bit slow and from this point for me it looks like the manga is a bit overpraised.

Dropped a lot of other stuff that I liked as concept but the actual show didn't appealed to me.

Since this gave me more free time I invested it in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya, a show that I dropped in 2013.
And yes - it's the pedo-yuri trash that I suspected it would be but it's kind of worth suffering through for the Fate alternative world implications. Also Rin, Luvia and Bazett (who I was interested to know more about) were fun.

The winner is actually another saga, not the Vinland one:
Saga Of Tanya The Evil The Movie which is the best anime I watched this summer and it's mostly underrated.
I skipped the series in 2017 (got the wrong impression) but watched them recently and its a great war and political grotesque in an alternative world (yes, isekai).
Also entertaining, fast paced, some great action scenes and superb voice acting performances.
alshuSep 18, 2019 3:12 AM
Sep 17, 2019 5:26 AM

Jan 2019
I-AM-NO-SLAVE said:
phantom346 said:

I'm no elitist, and some of the current seasons anime sounds interesting (like Vinland Saga or the new thing from the Soul Eater writer), but they based on Manga so I would rather read the Manga.

As a fan of Vinland Saga...
...I have nothing against that GO READ THE MANGA
Sep 17, 2019 9:09 AM

Feb 2019
I enjoyed a few shows but my favourite are Kanata no Astra, Dr Stone and Demon Slayer.

I haven't really watched Demon Slayer to be honest, me and my cousin watched two random episodes back to back since we were bored but we really like the story and might continue it. Dr Stone is one of the best shows this season, each episode is entertaining and Senku isn't the typical main character of the Shounen genre. Kanata no Astra deserves more appreciation, the plot is very easy to slip by but it develops over each episode. The characters, although stereotypical, are enjoyable to watch.

Sep 17, 2019 9:11 AM

Mar 2018
phantom346 said:
Cosmicbeingx said:

Oh I'm sorry did we hurt your casual soul?
LuchseSep 17, 2019 9:15 AM

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 17, 2019 9:16 AM

Mar 2018
Vinland Saga, Given and Kochoki: Wakaki Nobunaga were pretty much the only seasonal shows I actually enjoyed watching.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 17, 2019 9:19 AM

May 2019
Joshikousei no Mudazukai really surprised me. Honestly looked forward to every episode.

Other people are including Fruits Basket with the summer cropt, so I'll throw that in too. First half was kind of slow, but more recent episodes have been really good, imo.
Sep 17, 2019 9:25 AM
Jul 2015
After watching some comments here and other threads there are several types of anime lovers

- Only old stuff is good - everything from the 2000 forward is crap (this timeline changes... probably in a couple of years those guys are going to say until 2010 were good and so on... They are the past(ers)

- Then we've got elitists. Everything you enjoy is crap. Only what they enjoy is good (and even that they can critizie because they are elitists...) Oh you are a dimwit if you enjoy X show (as the past(ers) everything in the last couple of years is crap).

- The seasonal - I only watch seasonal anime. Old stuff is crap. They are anti-Past(ers)

This upsets me a lot talking with one of these three kind of people. They are hardcore in their visual sport and can't really understand the others. I don't doubt they love anime - but they are too narrowminded.

But the one groupie I hate more it's millennial. They already destroy tv series and movies - don't destroy our heart. It's so good that this season I could watch a show where I could dream on banging the overpowerful milf or the sister fetiche in Hensuki. They are both bad (the milf one is worst...) but at least they exist. In the rest of the world? NEVER!

Oh well I drag on... This season had some good shows. Vinland Saga & Takagi San are sure winners for me but Maidens of Savage Season; Enen no Souboutai; Wasteful Days are also good. From last season of course Kimetsu no Yaiba is the best (even comparing with vinland saga) but Mix is okay show and fruit basket as well.

Tejina Senpai; Sounan Desu ka; Kanata; given; dan machi 2 and Dr Stone are also good shows.

To me, Dumbell with all hype is not that good. Cop Craft could have been better but at least more mystery cop shows are coming next season. The daughter of demon lord is crap. Given had a greattt song in episode 9 and that's it. Machikado it's forgetfull; carole and tuesday even if I am watching I believe it's for millennial with all that inclusive crap we didn't ask and netflix gave. Try Knights it's so bad that cannot ever be good... Arifureta - OH MY GOD. Oh White fox has fallen -- and next season they are going with another isekai that the trailer really is aiming for another CGI pure crap. Bem - I don't know what I was looking at...

Oh well 5 good solid shows. Good season.

Next one with 8/9 sequels - sure looks like a fun ride guys!

perkunos.blogspot.com
Sep 17, 2019 9:28 AM
Sep 2018
Given, Karakai jouzu no takagi-san, Fireforce, Dr.stone!
Sep 17, 2019 10:21 AM
Jul 2019
Please help me understand why people see a thread titled "What Shows did You enjoy this Summer?" and feel compelled to post that they don't watch anime seasonally.
Sep 17, 2019 10:28 AM

Jun 2015
@Paulo_Goncalves
It's Asread who's making it. White Fox dropped the show early on. It's not their fault.
Read Toriko!
Sep 17, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2018
The most this summer....VINLAND SAGA......but it's not the only thing I watched and I finished some series that are finished....some old ones.
Sep 17, 2019 11:24 AM

Mar 2012
Besides the fact that the isekai genre really is getting out of control, way too many but I enjoy some of them though; I think this is a great season. Also good season for survival fans

Here are the highlights this season:
Vinland Saga and Dr.Stone are candidates for best anime this season (and potential 10s with leftover Yuno).

Cop Craft is very good; cute girl (cant remember her name) beating up criminals
Kanata no Astra is pretty good as well but could have been better with it's premise (let's see how it ends)

Dumbbell and Kawaikereba Hentai are the best comedies

Fireforce and Kimetsu no Yaiba are just generic shounen, which is a shame because Kimetsu had a really great start

Regarding the isekai:
Yuno suprised me I never expected that it would be an isekai. But I'm glad that they still make non-generic isekai like this where people actually die when they are killed and the MC actually bangs the girls; so this just became my favorite isekai anime
Uchi no Musume is cute, Latina kinda reminds me of my waifu
Arifurete is a bad isekai, Yue is really cute though
The rest of the isekai are shit
Sep 17, 2019 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
Western Wolves, and one episode of Highschool DxD.

Yeah.

...This is basically another post of me saying that 'I don't like anime as much as I used to.'

Sep 17, 2019 11:38 AM

Jun 2015
@NexivSelecaf Read some manga and LNs.
Read Toriko!
Sep 17, 2019 11:50 AM

Dec 2018
Demon Slayer and Fruits Basket

This season itself is rather meh imo, the only ones really worth mentioning are Vinland Saga, Araburu and Joshikausei no Mudazukai. The rest is okay at best.
Oregairu is life
Sep 17, 2019 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
I was watching various animes from different eras this summer. i didnt care for any current this summer.
Sep 17, 2019 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
phantom346 said:
@NexivSelecaf Read some manga and LNs.

Unless it's a doujin of one of my favorite female characters getting gang raped, I'm not interested.

Sep 17, 2019 12:04 PM
🥚

Feb 2016
Danmachi. I just really like the series so that's my top.
Kanata no Astra and Dr.Stone as well. While both are cliche in some parts (especially Dr.stone) they are both very enjoyable to me.

"If you want to change the future, you only need to choose now. Now, believe in yourself and break the egg."

🌻

Anime|Manga|Last.fm|Letterboxd
Sep 17, 2019 4:22 PM

Jul 2017
listed in no particular order:
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Dr. Stone
Enen no Shouboutai
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Sep 17, 2019 8:42 PM
May 2019
I didn't rly watch those seasonal anime since I have to catch up on way too many older anime (2010-2019) but Danmachi season 2 kinda dissappointed me :/ expected more from that.
Sep 18, 2019 7:11 PM
Sep 2017
Vinland Saga, Dr.Stone and Kimetsu no Yaiba
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2019 3:20 AM
Nov 2018
kimetsu no yaiba
karakai jouzu no takagi-san 2
Dr. Stone
Enen no shouboutai
Vinland Saga

enjoying these shows so far
Sep 19, 2019 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
Kimetsu no Yaiba for me. Who the hell don't like cute boys swinging sword around?
Sep 19, 2019 3:53 AM

Jun 2019
So for me, my favourite shows of Summer 2019 from top to bottom:

O Maidens In Your Savage Season: this show is by far and away my top pick for this season
Danmachi 2nd Season - this exceeded my expectations
UchiMusume - If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord - Latina, top best girl of the season
Tejina Senpai - Magical Sempai
Sonan Desu ka - Are You Lost
Vinland Saga: we've only had 10 eps so far by expecting a lot from this show
Cop Craft - I liked this more than I expected too, would like a 2nd season, Talarna is 2nd best girl of the season
Hensuki - Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's cute: pretty much what I expected from an ecchi/harem show
Okaasan Online - Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power: meh, I like the ED
Isekai Cheat Magician: this failed in nearly all aspects, apart from some cute girls
Sep 19, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 2016
phantom346 said:
@Paulo_Goncalves
It's Asread who's making it. White Fox dropped the show early on. It's not their fault.

nor Asread's faut too it's Overlap who wanted to save their costs and do the anime on time also the art and music are good at least even if the animation was bad sometimes also White Fox helped them in episode 3 , 5 and 9
Sep 19, 2019 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
Dr. Stone, that's it. I hated the beginning tho, fuck Taiju and Yuzuriha, unbearable characters. Other than that, nothing else.

DanMachi 2 was disappointing, and Fire Force has been constantly going downhill ever since its amazing 1st episode.

I plan on reading Vinland Saga and Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. before watching the anime, so I will watch these at some point.

Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? and Kanata no Astra don't interest me.
Sep 19, 2019 3:45 PM
Nov 2018
phantom346 said:
I-AM-NO-SLAVE said:
lol wut? Can u get any more pretentious?

I-AM-NO-SLAVE said:
@phantom346 You don't even know what pretentious means as it seems.

Yeah that was actually pretty pretentious. :)

And why post saying the summer season is garbage when a guy asks what summer anime people watch, it's pretty insulting to him. I mean, you could have just not posted in the thread.

It's like someone would start up a thread about the vampire anime he likes and I'd enter just to say I don't like the anime you like, they're crap. What's the reason to be that rude, when there are other threads to go to instead.
Sep 19, 2019 3:52 PM

Sep 2019
Here are some I enjoyed:
Araburu
Fire Force
Danmachi 2
Kanata no Astra
Hensuki (Cringe kind of enjoyment.)
Arifureta (Even though it was bad.)
Don't take anything seriously.
No idea what my avatar is from by the way.
Sep 19, 2019 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
Kanata no Astra took my top together with Dr.Stone, thinking to try Machikado Mazoku now.

Joshikousei no Mudazukai at some point is enjoyable but ordinary outcome most of the time with my current mood.

DanMachi 2 is nothing special at this point, overshadowed and is the least i feel like follow up right now.

Vinland Saga is not my taste at all i was trying it for the anime quality everyone boasting about while waiting for the ones that i want to watch.

Sounan Desu ka? and Tejina-senpai are the same story as Vinland Saga just kind of watch and move on since i didn't find anything else interesting to watch that time.
Sep 21, 2019 7:27 AM
Jan 2018
Vinland saga

Dumbell

Dr Stone

Machikado Mazoku

Grandblem
Sep 21, 2019 8:01 AM

Apr 2019
Some of my favorites were Dr. Stone and Fire Force.
I really focused on older shows this season other than seasonal ones.
Sep 21, 2019 8:27 AM
Dec 2013
I enjoyed Fire Force, Dr. Stone and Vinland Saga a lot.
Sep 21, 2019 8:30 AM

Nov 2017
I'm enjoying Vinland Saga the most because of Askeladd the mad ladd. Haven't seen characters like him for a long time.

I'm planning to watch Kanata no Astra just because its recent episode ratings beat Vinland.
Sep 29, 2019 12:24 PM
Jul 2016
Dr.Stone
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Fruits Basket
Vinland Saga
Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia - Initium Iter
Fire Force
Accelerator
Astra
Hero Mask S1
Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS
Cop Craft
Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e
Arifureta
Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka?
Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai.
Isekai Cheat Magician

Sep 29, 2019 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
I watched anime this summer but none of this season. Maybe in 5 years
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - 14 minutes ago

4 by Nirinbo »»
21 seconds ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - May 5

88 by 666 »»
8 minutes ago

» Is your waifu photogenic?

Catalano - Yesterday

20 by Mishiia »»
8 minutes ago

» Best grey haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 4

9 by Zarutaku »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Which group of people is more profitable for anime?

Sanjay63773 - 2 hours ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.