Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 10, 2019 1:54 PM

Jul 2016
Damn it, I knew that Aaron dude was another creep... man, I just hope things don't become too messed up for Angela regarding the stalker issue.

Well, despite all the coincidences that happened in one single episode, I have to say I really liked it in the end.

Flora as a character was a pretty interesting one if I'm honest. So she was the person Gus was referring to in ep. 12 during that talk with Carole, uh? Nice foreshadowing.
That said, I really hope she sticks around since her relationship with Gus was and is quite endearing to watch.
SouthRzVaAug 10, 2019 1:58 PM
Aug 10, 2019 5:02 PM

Feb 2015
Roddy informed Carole & Tuesday that they are in number fifty-three, Gus told them that he got an space in an event named South by Southwest, Carole and Tuesday got a guitarist, a bass player and a drummer. Angela encountered a joke/threat arriving home (could be Aaron). Carole, Tuesday and Gus encountered with a singer named Flora, Gus took her to a restaurant where he told Carole and Tuesday that he used to be his producer from the beginning but she left him after a production company took her, eventually she was left alone and depressed, so, with no home, she stayed with Carole and Tuesday (Carole confessed her that she really admires her). The next day they couldn’t find Flora, Gus found her in the fountain where she left him, they assisted to the event (South by Southwest) where Carole & Tuesday performed a song from her, regaining some courage.

I feel like the show is having episodes with no relevance for the story (mini stories); and that doesn’t make every episode boring, but the overall story is getting kind of disappointing.
Aug 10, 2019 6:26 PM

Oct 2008
Carole & Tuesday has really level-up with the addition of support band member of a drummer, bassist and an electric guitarist! oh how convenient timing!
And it helped bring Flora her spirits up!
5/5.

Aug 10, 2019 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
Flora is definitely Whitney Houston and she's lucky Gus ain't no Bobby Brown. They obviously have feelings for each other. Gust moved on, married, divorced and met her again. Perhaps, this time around, they can be more honest with their feelings with each other. Gus is probably my most favorite male character in the series. He's unashamed being who he is and I like that. He used the girls' hard-earned money on horse races thinking it would increase their funds, introduce them to shady, crazy producers and more. Yet, compared to the other characters, he's the realest one.
臭い-
Aug 10, 2019 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
thehund said:
Mayuka said:
easily the best episode in the series so far...wow!

fully agreed 100% they should have gotten seiyuu like saori or minori chihara who actually sing so they can do the songs too. they literally had aoi shouta as that minor character and he didn't get to sing.
I am in the mind set the show should've had an english dub first, so the songs would match better.
I know this puts me in the minority, but it is what it is.
i am fine with that too as long as there's more emotion in the singers.
Aug 11, 2019 1:57 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Low-key Whitney Houston appeared! OO:
This was a really nice episode. ;o;;
Really good music in this episode though!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 11, 2019 7:29 PM

Aug 2013
I liked how they basically found a band the same way they found each other. Just randomly on/under a bridge somewhere!

Also, can we stop for a moment and appreciate that South by Southwest is on Mars now? Sorry, Austin.
Aug 12, 2019 4:13 AM

Aug 2018
god they sound so good with a backing band, much more bounce and vibrance to the sound.

Aug 12, 2019 3:11 PM

Oct 2013
thehund said:
Mayuka said:
easily the best episode in the series so far...wow!

fully agreed 100% they should have gotten seiyuu like saori or minori chihara who actually sing so they can do the songs too. they literally had aoi shouta as that minor character and he didn't get to sing.
I am in the mind set the show should've had an english dub first, so the songs would match better.
I know this puts me in the minority, but it is what it is.

yeah, I mean, they already went the unorthodox route by premiering with English singers. It was a step in the right direction, but they might as well have gone the whole way. Watanabe shows almost always gel better with an English dub, anyway. His shows are too Western in vibe.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 12, 2019 6:19 PM

Nov 2018
That was a pretty good episode. The way they referred to as people to be used tho. They found them so conveniently too.
Aug 12, 2019 6:51 PM

Jun 2015
Ok, I've officially had enough of this anime, I'm dropping it. It's not bad by any means, it's just... boring. I loved the first few episodes, I liked the music and the chemistry between the girls, but for a while now I've had to almost force myself to watch it. The plot goes nowhere, it almost feels like it's all filler. If at least they focused on the MCs, developed their relashionship, gave them some slice of life moments, some off-time activities, then it'd be bearable. But all we keep getting are new characters every episode and a thousand plot hooks that never develop.
Here are some: Tuesday's mother and her consultant, Tuesday being abducted, the journalist following Tuesday, Cybelle and Tuesday, Carole's dad, Roddy's actual job, the blond guy who died, the girls' relationship with Angela, Tao's relashionship with Angela, the guy who invested in Angela, life on Mars, colonization of Mars, Earth and Mar's relationship, why so many refugees from earth?, etc.

The problem is probably with me though. I started watching this expecting it to be a coming of age story featuring music, something lighthearted and heartwarming, kind of like Hinamatsuri. But they're going for a slow, drama-heavy story, with an over-arching plot and themes of drug abuse, politics, war and xenophobia (for whatever reason), which I don't think suits the show's tone and characters at all.

I give it an 8 because, even though I personally don't like the direction the show is taking, I still think there's a lot to like here, especially if you're more forgiving with pacing and plot or if you're marathoning it. Also, if the show received an amazing, satisfying ending (which they've been alluding to at the beginning of each episode), it might be worth going through these boring middle episodes. Only the future will tell.
AnotherGuyAug 12, 2019 7:02 PM
Aug 13, 2019 9:08 AM

Oct 2017
Looks that Angela have problem with stalker
Nice episode with Flora in centre,but I've hope that in next ep would be more action
Aug 13, 2019 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
Angela's assistant has to be the stalker, unless he's just a red herring.
Aug 17, 2019 6:47 PM

Jun 2015
definitely like this episode with flora more than i liked the episode with desmond, and the songs she had are much better honestly.
wonder how we're gonna sort out angela's stalker here though.
Aug 18, 2019 12:55 AM

Dec 2014
nice to see some light on random artists we may never know or see in the show
Aug 18, 2019 2:29 AM

Jun 2016
I see a bit of a theme here. Desmond and this episode felt rushed and rather one off. Both have their air about them of being what should be more stretched out, being introduced and finished far too fast. That said, I literally watch this anime for Gus so to have a Gus episode is appreciated even if I felt it was too fast paced. I thought it was set up good but the whole "we need to find Flora" and going to their initial farewell spot and the whole "I missed you this whole time" and the picture perfect run to finish it off felt so cheesy and predictable and like with Desmond, it didn't get me invested!! I was only invested insofar as I loved seeing a new side of Gus.

That said, Flora represents something the girls could become. Gus turned down the industry taking control of Carole and Tuesday when he let Flora go off on her own, I bet that has something to do with his quick rejection towards the industry lady. In fact, it's cool to see Gus through two lenses. Ever since he was young with his "YOU NEED ME!" we saw he always had that intense go getter attitude, but for Flora he was more so a manager as a lover, he had feelings for her and he wanted to make her go far. For her music and probably for her herself. Meanwhile, with Carole and Tuesday the music that has so much soul he wants it to go far is there, but more than that it's not as a lover but as a father figure. It's great.

Gus overall is super interesting to me. He is worldly. His relationship with his ex-wife being somber but soft and friendly, and now his relationship with Flora show that he's a learned man. He's been through a lot. And intriguingly, the guy who has a grip of steal and a tenacious spirit is really good at letting stories resolve. He was okay letting both those relationships fade even if he's not perfectly over them. In fact, his "I can't go find her, I don't have the right" hit me hard because this is Gus we're talking about. Mr. shove his face into Carole & Tuesday's door and nearly force them to work with him. His spirit was gone, he felt true guilt for letting Flora go, as Flora felt guilt for leaving him.

It's also been slowly pushing the scary stalker plotline for Angela. Is it Katie?! Is it her new manager?! Is it Cybelle?! Is it mama(lol)?! Is it someone we don't know?!?!?! I hope Angela doesn't fall into the Flora hole of not being able to trust anyone.
Aug 19, 2019 7:31 AM

Mar 2015
I'm not crying, you're crying :'( Damn, one of my favorite episode, both for characters development and music
Aug 19, 2019 8:04 AM

Apr 2013
Have to say this is easily my #1 C&T episode by far, I was very emotional at the end of the episode, the whole thing was simply too beautiful. Flora's story, although not the most original one out there, is actually one of the most realistic one in the music biz. Many musical artists simply fall into the abyss, such as Whitney Houston who was the one being tributed here, and Chester Bennington who was the lead singer of my favorite band, Linkin Park.

I really like how Watanabe tries to portray all these things in anime format, I don't think there's another anime like this out there. Most shows in the same genre are simply too dreamy to be true. C&T is literally shoving the reality pie into the viewer's face here.

TheCommoner said:
Looking at the current ratings I have a strong inclination that this is going to be another underappreciated anime. That is too bad. Hopefully the ratings shoot back up again after the world wide release.

I hope when the English dub comes out, the rating will get better. After all, this is the show that should've received the same treatment as Space Dandy did - Japanese and English dubs being released at the same time... somehow C&T didn't, and yes, it should be obvious that the English dub will fit so much better than the Japanese dub does (no offense to the great Jap dub, but this show is too western oriented).

Rowan_F said:
Also, hang on, the stalker isn't Cybelle? Well that's kind of disappointing, story-wise, because we know literally nothing about the new manager guy who supposedly is the stalker. Angela's whole subplot has been kind of a mess to be honest. Nothing seems to be sticking emotionally because we haven't got to spend enough time with her. As much as I love meeting all this new and interesting characters, maybe the time could've been better spent fleshing out Angela's story. C&T are doing okay for right now, so could we get a few episodes solely focused on Angela please?

I think it's like the producers are still littering her subplot in tiny pieces around the episodes, we are getting slow but gradual reveals on the stalker thing, and it should be expected for someone as successful as Angela to be exposed to the dark side of the music biz (like how Flora succumbed to). Okay maybe the pacing's not to your liking, but I am sure we will get down to business eventually with the subplot.

Aug 22, 2019 1:42 AM

Nov 2011
A little too much coincidences happened, but then again realistic plot is never the focus of this anime. Music alone can carry this show, a very good song at the end ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Aug 22, 2019 7:53 AM
Oct 2013
AnotherGuy said:
Ok, I've officially had enough of this anime, I'm dropping it. It's not bad by any means, it's just... boring. I loved the first few episodes, I liked the music and the chemistry between the girls, but for a while now I've had to almost force myself to watch it. The plot goes nowhere, it almost feels like it's all filler. If at least they focused on the MCs, developed their relashionship, gave them some slice of life moments, some off-time activities, then it'd be bearable. But all we keep getting are new characters every episode and a thousand plot hooks that never develop.
Here are some: Tuesday's mother and her consultant, Tuesday being abducted, the journalist following Tuesday, Cybelle and Tuesday, Carole's dad, Roddy's actual job, the blond guy who died, the girls' relationship with Angela, Tao's relashionship with Angela, the guy who invested in Angela, life on Mars, colonization of Mars, Earth and Mar's relationship, why so many refugees from earth?, etc.

The problem is probably with me though. I started watching this expecting it to be a coming of age story featuring music, something lighthearted and heartwarming, kind of like Hinamatsuri. But they're going for a slow, drama-heavy story, with an over-arching plot and themes of drug abuse, politics, war and xenophobia (for whatever reason), which I don't think suits the show's tone and characters at all.

I give it an 8 because, even though I personally don't like the direction the show is taking, I still think there's a lot to like here, especially if you're more forgiving with pacing and plot or if you're marathoning it. Also, if the show received an amazing, satisfying ending (which they've been alluding to at the beginning of each episode), it might be worth going through these boring middle episodes. Only the future will tell.

I'm kind in the same spot. And we all know that "whatever reason" behind this show, afterall this is being produced by Netflix. The show it's mainly targeted to US audiences by featuring these themes, and they're clearly building some paralelism between *certain US current figure* and Valerie. We never cared about politics in this show, we never cared about Tuesday's mom; I was in this for the music which is being pretty good overall.

But afterall, it's the kind of thing that you can expect from *Netflix* nowadays.
Aug 27, 2019 4:29 PM

May 2017
man.. My thoughts and feeling about this show are currently all over the place. Last episode I felt like the show definitely lost it's edge and got a little boring. Now this episode came around the corner and absolutely flashed me. Beautiful episode, beautiful songs. And this ending song is just mesmerizing
shayed__Aug 27, 2019 4:34 PM
Sep 5, 2019 2:14 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode, music was fucking great, Gus has a girrrrrrrl
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 9, 2019 12:08 PM

Dec 2015
These last few episodes have been amazing, and it ain't stopping! It's really cool seeing their work paying off and getting to play for real. The guys they randomly picked off the streets weren't too bad either haha.
Nice seeing Gus getting some love too~
Oct 30, 2019 4:00 PM

Aug 2017
Much better than the last episode. I feel bad for Flora. The music industry makes you depressive. By the way, Tuesday's mom did not appear in this episode.

Finally, we have more of Gus' backstory.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 24, 2019 11:22 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit Gus letting her go like that, well at least he reached out to her at the end before something much worse could happen

Dec 3, 2019 6:24 AM

Mar 2015
Such is the sad reality of the music industry, when you fall, you fall hard.

This was a really touching episode though!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 28, 2019 10:56 AM

Mar 2010
AnotherGuy said:

I start to feel the same way so youre not alone. I used to stay totally focussed and now i feel like its more of a background anime to me which end up in 6-7 range not the 8-10..

Its not badbut yeah like you pointed out its not heading anywhere plot wise. Music is still great and i wont drop it but most likely i forget details now.

This ep i liked cause i felt a bit touched here but i also was like heh why and i bet she wont be seen again after this ep... if we do see her and gus together thatd be nice.

This ep i liked cause it shows its not all fun and good stuff but you can have a hard time or fail too..
Jan 3, 2020 8:35 PM

Aug 2012
On the same day they have a performance, they decided to perform a cover to a song they haven't practiced yet and somehow they nailed it lol.
Jan 6, 2020 4:53 PM
Nov 2010
This is one of the most moving episodes for sure. I wish they'd develop Flora and Gus relationship more. So glad to see her singing again and hope Gus will be there supporting there this time. It'd kinda distract from Carole & Tuesday but I dunno- seems worth exploring.
Jan 20, 2020 3:09 PM

Mar 2018
The first 12 episodes left me cold but the second half has been completely different so far and so much better. This was clearly a tribute to Whitney. The song was so Whitney and the life story. Whitney singing at the super bowl is by now legendary and so was her tragic and bitter fall because of drugs. The whole time I was thinking how fucking amazing the song would have been if Whitney had sung it. R. I. P. baby girl. I wish you could have just been you and with Robyn your true love because you were nothing without her and your broken heart didn't know where to go. We will always love you.
huntress1013Jan 20, 2020 3:15 PM
Feb 4, 2020 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
lawina said:
Carole (Vo.Nai BrXX) has such a beautiful voice.
Vo. stands for voice, it's not part of her name.
Feb 4, 2020 12:30 PM

Jun 2015
Tearjerker episode. Good for Carole having met Flora and repayed the favor.
53th isn't really a bad ranking. A debut does not have to be perfect.
Young Gus is exactly how I imagined.
And I think we all know who the stalker might be now. Maybe.
Feb 6, 2020 11:56 PM
Jun 2011
Switch_Z said:
lawina said:
Carole (Vo.Nai BrXX) has such a beautiful voice.
Vo. stands for voice, it's not part of her name.

No shit, Sherlock. I obviously copy pasted it from Youtube.
Nov 19, 2022 3:48 AM

Oct 2022
This is a very interesting episode considering Flora is like the direction if Carole and Tuesday went with Mars Brightest Records ditching Gus. In a way, a contrast, as I'm sure they would've made it to the top like Flora.  However, who will keep them sane amongst the leeches of those people in that world?  Gus and Roddy would protect them for sure.  Hell, Cybelle is like one of those leeches (even if it's for love) and when I think about it, Angela already has a leech from her stalker.  In a way, Carole and Tuesday is fortunate to be around people who care about them dearly. 
Jan 27, 8:35 PM
Feb 2015
I would give you the world ~~. Ship flora and Gus, they were sweet together. Also the cover was great by Carol and Tuesday, they seem more professional with the musical backup
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Feb 2019
That was a sad story. I liked their early time together, Gus and Flora. It was heartbreaking to see Flora throw away Gus like that. But even so, it seems Gus still cares for her.

I'm glad that our girls were able to inspire her. I hope we see more of her, and how she's gonna go on from here on out.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

212 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

73 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 27, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

82 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 25, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.