Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2019 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Zenitsu...I kinda feel bad for this guy. He literally runs into a demon with traits that he fears. He's so damn priceless to watch though. The biggest comic relief character in the show for sure but he's also quite a badass this episode.

On the other hand, it seems there may be a possible way to cure Nezuko's problem.
Stark700Jul 27, 2019 8:29 AM
Jul 27, 2019 7:52 AM

Jul 2014
Jesus christ this was such a freaky episode. This time I dont blame Zenitsu for freaking out, was well justified, fuck that spider boy!
So Zenitsu went SSJ after getting hit by lightning!? Jesus.
The animation when Zenitsu blitzed was lit af! Epic fight and pretty good backstory of Zenitsu.
Jul 27, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
Man this episode broke my heart, I won’t deny I cried a little. Best one for sure.

Watching my boy Zenitsu getting bullied like that was painful to watch.
Ufotable went all-out with this episode, the animation was great, Zenitsu’s reaction at the beginning had me crying, everything about this was so good.

I’m speechless, such an amazing episode. Thank you Ufotable

Oh Zenitsu... you ARE strong, it’s not just a dream

XenocrisiJul 27, 2019 9:21 AM
Jul 27, 2019 8:05 AM

Apr 2018
I Had a big expectation for this episode, and ufo did NOT disappoint me. they put a hell lot of effort for this series.

And Zenitsu is indeed the "strongest blade".
Jul 27, 2019 9:31 AM

Feb 2018
Zenitsu's attack animations are so awesome. I wonder when he's going to figure out he's not as useless as he thinks he is, and whether he'll eventually learn to control his powers like Gohan in DBZ.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jul 27, 2019 9:33 AM
Sep 2015
A villain that describe his poison effect minute by minute, what a generous spider!
Jul 27, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
What a great episode.

Those spiders with a human head were creepy. Zenitsu's reaction was funny.

This episode showed what a badass Zenitsu is.

Jul 27, 2019 9:44 AM

Sep 2014
Ok, I know that those spiders with human heads are supposed to be creepy but I found them funny tbh. It was great we saw Zenitsu's backstory which was pretty entertaining mainly because of his grandpa. He's probably the strongest of the three in the team when he falls asleep.

Tanjiro and Inosuke will probably have to retreat from this fight against that dude. Cannot see them standing a chance the way they are now.
Jul 27, 2019 9:46 AM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:
A villain that describe his poison effect minute by minute, what a generous spider!

It actually worse than if he said nothing. It give the victim a ticking time bomb they know they can't escape from. I remember a villain in a show i watched who a serial killer monster that tell his victim how long them have left to live due to his power, eventually drove some of them to suicide.
Jul 27, 2019 9:50 AM

May 2017
Another awesome episode this week, it was nice seeing some of Zenitsu's backstory there. Gotta love him going all badass, that was incredible to watch.

Wonder how this incident with "Father" is going to go, he seems like a ton of trouble.
Jul 27, 2019 9:53 AM

Oct 2018
phantomfandom said:

Except for the part that it comes with Nair

Jul 27, 2019 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
phantomfandom said:

It’s probably because doing so they won’t think straight anymore and makes them panic I guess
Jul 27, 2019 10:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Even when wounded severely Inosuke is still determined to prove he's strong huh thats some pride he has there. Hmm another spider demon huh. The terror that was invoked from his words though really was something. The insight into Zenitsu's past though was pretty insightful and helped set the stage for his defeat of the spider demon in spectacular fashion. Looks like Tanjirou and Inosuke have their hands full dealing with the rest of the family. The father looks formidable though his daughter looks more human than i expected. Overall a decent ep that focused on expanding upon Zenitsu's past and allow us to see the kind of struggles that he wrestles with. While i still don't like the guy i hope that this revelation will make him a stronger character both mentally and physically.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2019 10:03 AM

May 2013
Zenitsu's powerup is so fckin cool. ಠ_ಠ
Jul 27, 2019 10:05 AM

Oct 2017
Wow just wow. Wanted to see bad ass zenitsu once again since the first time he showed is skills and this was off the charts. He really is a great guy and a real bad ass.
Jul 27, 2019 10:07 AM

Apr 2017
Nozomu Abe did it again!! What a legendary animator, he really likes Zenitsu, second time he did Zenitsu's scene. I wish we have him to do more things other than only Zenitsu's.
Jul 27, 2019 10:08 AM

Apr 2012
ExaltedChampion said:
phantomfandom said:

It actually worse than if he said nothing. It give the victim a ticking time bomb they know they can't escape from. I remember a villain in a show i watched who a serial killer monster that tell his victim how long them have left to live due to his power, eventually drove some of them to suicide.

+1
I agree; this part of story telling has been ridiculed in spoofs and parody shows wherein villains are monologing. The purpose of scenes like that when done correctly is to raise tension by describing what's at stake and positioning the protagonist to either overcome the challenge or succumb to despair.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 27, 2019 10:12 AM

Apr 2011
Wow! That was a great episode. Argh! I can't wait for the next one >_<

5/5

Jul 27, 2019 10:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what a stunning episode this was!

Zenitsu’s whining was totally valid this episode for once lol, those spider-humans were bloody creepy after all. “More than anyone, I hate myself” - Can’t really say I didn’t expect this but boy it hit harder than I thought it’d thanks to the addition of the bitter past. I wonder who that bully was though, I'm assuming something along the lines of his idol being Zenitsu’s Grandpa and seeing the crybaby Zenitsu getting all the attention and love always ticks him off. Speaking of the Grandpa, interesting revelation of him being a former elite demon hunter, now that’s interesting! Amazing how he got struck by lightning but the only supposed effect of it was his hair colour change which coincidentally probably gave him affinity to lightning. Looks like luck favours him, at the very least. And then those glorious battle scenes, god my eyes. Absolutely stunning stuff! Ufotable are really pouring everything into each and every episode but this was a clear notch-up and if definitely stood out more. Bloody hell, that scene of Zenitsu’s blank eyes opening with the effect of rubble and lightning, gorgeous stuff!

On the other hand, it seems as though Tanjirou & Inosuke have stumbled upon trouble. Father, most likely one of the Kizuki Demons, is here to ruin their day and the odd cliffhanger there is definitely not good news. Don’t tell me that Tanjirou won’t be able to slash that arm even, it’ll be very dire and worrisome if that turns out to be the case. Will those 2 elite Demon Hunters dispatched earlier make it in time? Lol @ the after credit scene.

Can’t wait to see the next episode!
_MushiRock11_Jul 27, 2019 10:30 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 27, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2009
Master...I mean Gramps! LOL Gramps is a former Hashira, woot! Getting lightning-struck and turning blonde must be a sign of thunder affinity, hmmm? ^_^ Too bad he only mastered perhaps even perfected only one of the three Thunder Breathing forms but damn... it was lightning fast indeed! Jumping on one of the spider's own thread makes it even more impressive.

I predicted he would faint from too much stress and his other competent personality would take over, and he didn't disappoint. Just like the scenario in that house where he was cornered with Shoichi.

2 down, 3 to go...and Spider Dad whom I assume is the rumored Twelve Kizuki member finally shows up. Where are the 2 incoming Hashira? The 3 boys are in dire straits now.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 27, 2019 10:19 AM

Dec 2016
tofei said:
Master...I mean Gramps! LOL Gramps is a former Hashira, woot! Getting lightning-struck and turning blonde must be a sign of thunder affinity, hmmm? ^_^ Too bad he only mastered perhaps even perfected only one of the three Thunder Breathing forms but damn... it was lightning fast indeed! Jumping on one of the spider's own thread makes it even more impressive.

Actually Breath of Lightning have six forms. It seem like they translated that part wrong.
Jul 27, 2019 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
ExaltedChampion said:
Actually Breath of Lightning have six forms. It seem like they translated that part wrong.

Oh? That was a lot more than what he said. If he could master at least half of those six, he'd be even more versatile in combat. Thanks for the info.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 27, 2019 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

Loved Zenitsu's backstory with Gramps. The guy's got lot of heart, he's just inherently scared and terrified of fighting and getting hurt, but deep down he really does want to help and save people. :(
It's gonna be a hell of a day when he finally becomes capable of wielding the Lightning techniques at will and I am so looking so forward to that day.

Animation was incredible, the animators at Ufo really must love Zenitsu because of his Battojutsu style of attacks, they really put their all into making it look incredible. The end of the sequence as Zenitsu launched himself vertically into the suspended house landing the strike and sheathing with the moonlit background was just so beautiful to watch.
That scene as he tears up while lying on the house talking about his dream. T.T

I believe there was a translation mistake as well, they said Breath of Lightning has "mutsu"-six forms but the subtitles said three.

That final scene with the Dad demon appearing. :o
Can't wait for next week.

School uniform Nezuko is good civilization. <3
Jul 27, 2019 11:10 AM
Aug 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Fantastic episode.

Loved Zenitsu's backstory with Gramps. The guy's got lot of heart, he's just inherently scared and terrified of fighting and getting hurt, but deep down he really does want to help and save people. :(
It's gonna be a hell of a day when he finally becomes capable of wielding the Lightning techniques at will and I am so looking so forward to that day.

Animation was incredible, the animators at Ufo really must love Zenitsu because of his Battojutsu style of attacks, they really put their all into making it look incredible. The end of the sequence as Zenitsu launched himself vertically into the suspended house landing the strike and sheathing with the moonlit background was just so beautiful to watch.
That scene as he tears up while lying on the house talking about his dream. T.T

I believe there was a translation mistake as well, they said Breath of Lightning has "mutsu"-six forms but the subtitles said three.

That final scene with the Dad demon appearing. :o
Can't wait for next week.

School uniform Nezuko is good civilization. <3

Yeah. It is a mistake. Breath of Thunder has 6 forms, likes Tanjiro's Breath of Water has 10 forms.
Himawari9Jul 27, 2019 11:19 AM
Jul 27, 2019 11:13 AM

May 2014
You know, Zenitsu has really grown on me. He's no Usopp, but he's a decent character. I mean, if i saw a giant spider with a human head on it i'd run away too.

Demon Slayer is definitely suited to marathoning. 20 minutes just doesn't feel long enough for this show. I need moarrr!
Jul 27, 2019 11:21 AM
Aug 2017
tofei said:

I predicted he would faint from too much stress and his other competent personality would take over, and he didn't disappoint. Just like the scenario in that house where he was cornered with Shoichi.

2 down, 3 to go...and Spider Dad whom I assume is the rumored Twelve Kizuki member finally shows up. Where are the 2 incoming Hashira? The 3 boys are in dire straits now.

Master is also correct as he is not Zenitsu's Grandfather. Zenitsu just called him Grandpa to show familiarity and gratitude for saving him from debt collectors. And there is a mistranslation, there are 6 forms in Breath of Thunder, not 3 and Zenitsu can only uses the first form but he honed the only move he knows to the limit.
Himawari9Jul 27, 2019 11:24 AM
Jul 27, 2019 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
THE DETAIL IN THIS ANIME IS CRAZY!

That moment he goes in that lightning form and tries to dodge the poison spit, the spit touched the ground and the rock cracked and followed his velocity.

Jul 27, 2019 11:32 AM
Aug 2017
axel360 said:
Zenitsu's attack animations are so awesome. I wonder when he's going to figure out he's not as useless as he thinks he is, and whether he'll eventually learn to control his powers like Gohan in DBZ.

It is hinted that he knows what he can do since he personally trained the only move he knows to become a stronger version of the basic technique, but his inferior complex overcomes him in battle and prevents him to do anything so he needs a state where he doesn't think about it.
Jul 27, 2019 11:45 AM
Aug 2017
This is a turning point that made Zenitsu into the 2nd most popular character in a series that has a lot of memorable characters, even beating cute Nezuko. Tanjiro and Inosuke are great but Zenitsu's character development and backstory are really relatable.

On a sidenote, my arachnophobia definitely grow bigger after this arc. It was creepy enough in the manga but now those spiders move too with color.

Jul 27, 2019 12:00 PM

Mar 2018
The show already lost a point. It could be so good but the two new additions ruin everything and the humour so does not work for me. I currently just wish that Zenitsu would die or leave because he is bloody annoying. Always has been and it is not getting better.
Jul 27, 2019 12:04 PM
Jul 2019
Glad to see Zenitsu's backstory, and it was annoying.
Well, another member of the spider family is dead, all done done by Zenitsu in his sleep walking form.
Jul 27, 2019 12:13 PM
Jun 2016
Unfotable sure do love Zenitsu. I mean it's obvious in the way his fights are animated. It's like they know who saved the series from being axed lol.
Jul 27, 2019 12:15 PM

Dec 2013
All my boy Zenitsu wants to do is help and protect people, eve if the ones around him used to treated him like garbage.
Jul 27, 2019 12:17 PM

Jan 2018
OHH BOY ZENITSU IS THE MOST BADASS CHARACTER HERE IN THIS EPISODE
Jul 27, 2019 12:18 PM

May 2015
people that find zenitsu annoying must really have a limited mind, the mind of a 8 year kid,and they must be really boring people,he is just a normal human,he is forced to be a demon slayer for the sense of responsability he have for his master,he is the most human,realistic and grounded character of the show,fear are humans emotion everybody has fear for something,and he is not a comic relief character, he is a fully fledged character like tanjiro,and btw tanjirou is the best shonen protagonist ever.
nanashi796Jul 27, 2019 12:23 PM
Jul 27, 2019 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
Watching this anime weekly is torture ... its never enough.. the ep is over before i know it. Waaaah i want more nao
~_~ !
Jul 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Jun 2016
Zenistu fight was sensational. I wonder if Spidey-father is part of the 12 demons or the little girl we saw at the end.
Jul 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Sep 2017
"I fear not the man that has practiced 10000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10000 times."

- Bruce Lee

Zenitsu just became a whole different character. Some people will still find him annoying, which I kinda get, but calling him a dumb comic relief character is missing the point entirely. He is terrified and is always crying, but he managed to become a demon hunter.

It's okay to cry. It's okay to be scared. What's not okay is giving up on what you want to be because of that. And in Zenitsu's case, he wants to be someone strong, who helps others. And in the end, he keeps on trying. He follows Gramps' advice and fights the poison, because under all that fear and inferiority complex he has, he's a fighter.
Jul 27, 2019 12:25 PM

Jun 2016
Lintenz_ said:
Watching this anime weekly is torture ... its never enough.. the ep is over before i know it. Waaaah i want more nao

you could pick up the manga...
Jul 27, 2019 12:34 PM

Oct 2018
Lululand said:
Am I the only one who hate Zenitsu?

Is he suposedto be funny or something? I just think he's annoying.

It took you 7 eps. to finally realize that?

Jul 27, 2019 12:55 PM

Sep 2018
Best episode so far ,i really like Zenitsu and his backstory ,and the animation of his fight was beyond amazing.....
well that's just my opinion.....
Jul 27, 2019 12:55 PM

Feb 2017
Great episode. Loved the focus on Zenitsu. Hopefully this is a sign of of development which leads him to being able to fight while awake.
Jul 27, 2019 12:58 PM

Oct 2011
each episode makes me love this series even more! i wish to see some development in zenitsu without changing his character's "funny moments".
that aside, i think they concentrate too much on him 🤔
Jul 27, 2019 1:06 PM

Jun 2019
Honestly I don't really find Zenitsu to be that much of an annoying character like everyone says so, I mean everyone knows he's there to balance out the seriousness of the anime/comic relief so the viewer can take a quick breath and prepare themselves again. His screams get annoying due to the fact that the studio overuses them, I don't know their reasons for doing this but if they were trying to achieve the annoying award with him then they've succeeded.

Seeing as how this was mainly his episode as we get to experience his flashback made me understand more of his character, how he wants to stop being so frightened by demons and actually become helpful but can't because he is always so scared was kind of understandable. Nevertheless, even though he can only use one breath technique (so far) the fact that he can modify it and make it stronger equivalently makes it look like he has more than just one.

BTW Zenitsu would be 90% of the people if they were transported into the Demon Slayer world :).
Jul 27, 2019 1:22 PM

May 2018
Zenitsu is badass, but only when unconcious xD
Jul 27, 2019 1:31 PM

Jan 2009
Zenitsu the sleepwalker have done it again

now i get why he is literally dreaming while fighting since he dreams to be more powerful than his natural coward self when in dream mode

and damn the Father shows up but im not convince that is one of the 12 high ranking demons
Jul 27, 2019 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
Zenitsu is really growing on me. And I love his little sparrow, secretly the best character.

Can't blame Zenitsu for freaking out this episodes, I hate spiders
Jul 27, 2019 1:42 PM

Feb 2018
Ahh, that fight tho. That animation, that sound effect - orgasmic.
Jul 27, 2019 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. The comedy seems to be more miss than hit, but at least this time most of Zenitsu's screaming and faces did make me laugh. I freaked out when he first saw that first head spider. Animation looked nice and learning about his past certainly made me like Zenitsu a nit more. Still, i like him better when he is not obsessing over Nezuko. When he does that he kind of reminds me of how Sanji is around women, except Sanji is a much better character overall and I do like him quite a bit.
Jul 27, 2019 1:57 PM

Jul 2019
This was an entertaining episode. It was paced well and the backstory to Zenitsu is welcomed and executed with great effect. Zenitsu screaming at the top of his lungs will never not grate my nerves - but I would definitely have the same if not worst reactions if put in the same spot haha.

Nezuko has been sleeping for some time - I wondering if she'll come out for a bit next episode. I also get the feeling those higher ranking demon slayers will need to appear pretty soon - since Father Spider looks like he's gonna to wreck shop on Tanjiro and Inosuke.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by HaremSevdalisi »»
Today, 2:13 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.